View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They are the main driver on this... was at $20 when they started piling in, $67ish close Friday... and up - 103% today (broke $140 at one point).

Here's one of their main threads on BB: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb..._go_up_to_180/
    Reading through their posts is alot of hype up but there is every so often a good gem to be found with information. Also good for checking the temperature so to speak.
    01-25-21 10:00 AM
    just to give an update on what I ended up doing, here goes: I just sold approximately 29% of what I hold in BB at around 20.5 USD/share. at that price I am up some 98%, which isn't too bad all things considered.
    Redzinaldas likes this.
    01-25-21 10:09 AM
    These WSB folk are squeezing the shortsellers. Robin Hood movement indeed! power of the internet eh?
    01-25-21 10:20 AM
    WATERLOO, ON, Jan. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) is issuing this press release in response to a request by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada ("IIROC") to comment on recent trading activity of its stock.

BlackBerry Logo Black (PRNewsfoto/Blackberry Limited)
    The Company is not aware of any material, undisclosed corporate developments and has no material change in its business or affairs that has not been publicly disclosed that would account for the recent increase in the market price or trading volume of its common shares.
    rampagingpanda, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    01-25-21 10:30 AM
    They are the main driver on this... was at $20 when they started piling in, $67ish close Friday... and up - 103% today (broke $140 at one point).

Here's one of their main threads on BB: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb..._go_up_to_180/
    Here's another interesting take: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...ezos_sandwich/
    01-25-21 10:36 AM
    WATERLOO, ON, Jan. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) is issuing this press release in response to a request by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada ("IIROC") to comment on recent trading activity of its stock.

The Company is not aware of any material, undisclosed corporate developments and has no material change in its business or affairs that has not been publicly disclosed that would account for the recent increase in the market price or trading volume of its common shares.

There is nothing going on here...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-giphy.jpg

Folks at BlackBerry, FairFax and Teacher Union are all wondering the same thing as everyone else... what is going on, and how do they profit from it.
    01-25-21 11:23 AM
    is this a short squeeze I wonder. hard to believe that BlackBerry has gone up so much in such little time.
    Don’t believe it’s a squeeze as much as manipulation....

This article gives some information that seems objective and fairly accurate.

https://wccftech.com/blackberry-bb-t...op-gme-shares/
    La Emperor likes this.
    01-25-21 01:10 PM

That was bound to happen. That’s called regulatory body is now investigating for ILLEGAL manipulation and that’s different from general manipulation.
    La Emperor likes this.
    01-25-21 01:13 PM
    And in good ole BlackBerry style the mid day dip and afternoon rebound lol. Some things never change
    dusdal likes this.
    01-25-21 01:22 PM
    Don’t believe it’s a squeeze as much as manipulation....

This article gives some information that seems objective and fairly accurate.

https://wccftech.com/blackberry-bb-t...op-gme-shares/
    Agree, the short % makes a squeeze unlikely.

I'm not sure the value-laden phrase 'manipulation' is accurate though.

That would assume that the position prior to WSB and other retails showing interest was unmanipulated.

I would argue there is good reason, as discussed elsewhere in this thread, to suggest $7 and 3x revenues was the manipulated state and this current state of affairs is moving towards fair price.
    01-25-21 01:37 PM
    01-25-21 02:00 PM
    I'm very conflicted about all of this. As Chuck had noted in an earlier post, Blackberry and previously RIM has never really traded normally. It's always been a hyper sensitive stock.

There has been nothing of material change in the company in the last few months to warrant this price spike, everything from the Facebook lawsuit settlement to the patent sale has been announced.

We don't know details of the above, hopefully the proceeds of the patent sale and the settlement from Facebook provide a nice boost in cash and an income stream.

Looking at the previous quarter and the Q&A, I don't see anything of significance changing for the companies core business and outlook coming in approx what had been reported previously.

Are we looking at any level of support from these levels if we take out the irrational price spike? How much should retail investors be paying for potential in Blackberry Ltd for the previously announced deals and partnerships with Amazon and others?

I never really paid much attention to WSB on Reddit before, that's not how I invest. I've recently had a look at a bunch of the BB threads and I don't know what to make of these guys. It's legit comedy with the way they talk, get pumped up, post their account screenshots and everything.

Looking at some of what they call due diligence and their writing style , in some ways a few of the cats on there have done a very good job of explaining some of Blackberry strengths and what the future could potentially hold. They breakdown the technical and technology aspect of what may be possible with QNX and other lines of business at Blackberry.

A few of the guys just hammer away in unflattering terms about how your average moron still thinks Blackberry is selling phones. I've seen this in my friends, family and even in some investment professionals. A "hey, what's going on with Blackberry? Are they announcing any deals or devices?"

There is a big element of FOMO with this and I think some of the questions that are being asked by people who just aren't aware. I've mentioned to people about recent partnerships with Amazon and Facebook settlements and the questions I get are comical. People aren't aware and now their brain is having trouble processing.

Some of these WSB cats are nuts and there is definitely some crazy things going on. I just don't know what the support for the stock at this level will be? How much runway do we have until the next earnings report?

Sorry about the long post!

Posted via CB10
    FeitaInc and Redzinaldas like this.
    01-25-21 02:17 PM

Some of these WSB cats are nuts and there is definitely some crazy things going on. I just don't know what the support for the stock at this level will be? How much runway do we have until the next earnings report?
    Yeah BlackBerry's market cap is already well past GME... how much investment money do they have to play with, especially when they have at least three "games" in play. EXPR is today's big focuses, with 131% gains.... but didn't take much to push it up.
    01-25-21 03:36 PM
    Agree, the short % makes a squeeze unlikely.

I'm not sure the value-laden phrase 'manipulation' is accurate though.

That would assume that the position prior to WSB and other retails showing interest was unmanipulated.

I would argue there is good reason, as discussed elsewhere in this thread, to suggest $7 and 3x revenues was the manipulated state and this current state of affairs is moving towards fair price.
    When the IIROC starts asking questions and looking for answers, that’s what’s going on. They may only find legal manipulation, however, that’s what’s going on. For the record, in this situation, I don’t think BlackBerry Limited is the only company being investigated but that wouldn’t be public information.
    01-25-21 04:44 PM
    I'm very conflicted about all of this. As Chuck had noted in an earlier post, Blackberry and previously RIM has never really traded normally. It's always been a hyper sensitive stock.

There has been nothing of material change in the company in the last few months to warrant this price spike, everything from the Facebook lawsuit settlement to the patent sale has been announced.

We don't know details of the above, hopefully the proceeds of the patent sale and the settlement from Facebook provide a nice boost in cash and an income stream.

Looking at the previous quarter and the Q&A, I don't see anything of significance changing for the companies core business and outlook coming in approx what had been reported previously.

Are we looking at any level of support from these levels if we take out the irrational price spike? How much should retail investors be paying for potential in Blackberry Ltd for the previously announced deals and partnerships with Amazon and others?

I never really paid much attention to WSB on Reddit before, that's not how I invest. I've recently had a look at a bunch of the BB threads and I don't know what to make of these guys. It's legit comedy with the way they talk, get pumped up, post their account screenshots and everything.

Looking at some of what they call due diligence and their writing style , in some ways a few of the cats on there have done a very good job of explaining some of Blackberry strengths and what the future could potentially hold. They breakdown the technical and technology aspect of what may be possible with QNX and other lines of business at Blackberry.

A few of the guys just hammer away in unflattering terms about how your average moron still thinks Blackberry is selling phones. I've seen this in my friends, family and even in some investment professionals. A "hey, what's going on with Blackberry? Are they announcing any deals or devices?"

There is a big element of FOMO with this and I think some of the questions that are being asked by people who just aren't aware. I've mentioned to people about recent partnerships with Amazon and Facebook settlements and the questions I get are comical. People aren't aware and now their brain is having trouble processing.

Sorry about the long post!

Posted via CB10
    The biggest problem is that nothing is changed. The WSB aren’t into BB shares fundamentals. While they’ve pumped up the price, if there’s no real fundamental changes as BlackBerry has publicly stated, who knows where the shares fall to ? People are stringing together miscellaneous pieces of information for an explanation that BlackBerry doesn’t seem to support with it’s press release.
    01-25-21 04:49 PM
    Well, i've held since 2012, but cashed my chips on Friday. Have seen too many highs evaporate. So after all these years, I missed today's madness. All the best to those still holding.
    FeitaInc, rampagingpanda and b121 like this.
    01-25-21 05:03 PM
    The biggest problem is that nothing is changed. The WSB aren’t into BB shares fundamentals. While they’ve pumped up the price, if there’s no real fundamental changes as BlackBerry has publicly stated, who knows where the shares fall to ? People are stringing together miscellaneous pieces of information for an explanation that BlackBerry doesn’t seem to support with it’s press release.
    This still doesn't suggest the current price it is being pushed to is wrong, any more than it suggests the previous pricing was wrong.
    Corbu and jsocan like this.
    01-25-21 05:03 PM
    This still doesn't suggest the current price it is being pushed to is wrong, any more than it suggests the previous pricing was wrong.
    I’m not saying pricing is wrong or right. I’m saying that making buying or selling decisions with lack of information and fundamentals while price swings up or down isn’t anything but like betting red or black. You have better odds playing 21 since you have more information.
    01-25-21 05:39 PM
    Man, I'm still here but with only about 20% +/- of what I had last spring and held for the past 10+ years. I took my bath last year. As welcome as this jump is, I probably need the SP to hit $100 to break even with what I lost. Ok, thats a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the picture and sentiment.

Congrats to those that held firm!
    01-25-21 06:30 PM
    Dudes.what the hedge fund, big investment bank, and their buddies all do is manipulation. It may be legal but is still is manipulation.

For example, an analyst might have a hold rating on a $10 that their client is accumulating. Said stock goes up to $50 and all of a sudden it is a strong buy by the analyst while the client is unloading the shares.

So what's happening to BlackBerry now is no different then when it was kept down to pennies on the dollar.

In fact BlackBerry is still undervalued compared to some companies such as TSLA and Shopify whose stock price has gone up by 1000% on a large cap base in one year, while BB 300% from a very small cap.
    01-25-21 06:40 PM
    just to give an update on what I ended up doing, here goes: I just sold approximately 29% of what I hold in BB at around 20.5 USD/share. at that price I am up some 98%, which isn't too bad all things considered.
    Great timing at close to the day's high.
    ������
    01-25-21 06:45 PM
    I bought the stock in 2003. Am I counted? Lol
    17 is your number. I think you got the record for number of years. Congrats
    🤗
    01-25-21 06:49 PM
    Dudes.what the hedge fund, big investment bank, and their buddies all do is manipulation. It may be legal but is still is manipulation.

For example, an analyst might have a hold rating on a $10 that their client is accumulating. Said stock goes up to $50 and all of a sudden it is a strong buy by the analyst while the client is unloading the shares.

So what's happening to BlackBerry now is no different then when it was kept down to pennies on the dollar.

In fact BlackBerry is still undervalued compared to some companies such as TSLA and Shopify whose stock price has gone up by 1000% on a large cap base in one year, while BB 300% from a very small cap.
    It’s not considered manipulation by the analyst when there’s no benefit to said analyst.

Now as far as BlackBerry Limited price kept down by Fairfax by it’s ownership and capital structure could be considered legal manipulation.

The manipulation on the upside could be legal or illegal. The problem isn’t the increase of price, simply if any laws were broken to accomplish the pump.
    01-25-21 06:55 PM
    PR:
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301211498.html
    BlackBerry Expands Partnership with Baidu to Power Next Generation Autonomous Driving Technology

01-25-21 08:22 PM

Good point.
    01-25-21 08:38 PM
113,256 ... 44864487448844894490 ...