View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    PTAB denied IPR for the last patent outstanding in the case of Facebook vs. BlackBerry:

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/p...2019-01599%2F8
    Thanks for the update dimi.

At first glance, it seems as if Facebook is really reaching here. More of a touché, or perhaps a feeble attempt at delay or distraction from the bigger issue of what BlackBerry is suing for.
    I doubt that will go anywhere. Unfortunately, BlackBerry does not have the deep pockets to keep these sorts of counter suits afloat.

There are 6 images in total, along with an easy to understand abstract:
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US7567575B2/en

That looks like a REAL broad brush! Sort of like painting a canvass with a straw broom.
    JLagoon, rarsen and _dimi_ like this.
    03-29-20 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the update dimi.

At first glance, it seems as if Facebook is really reaching here. More of a touché, or perhaps a feeble attempt at delay or distraction from the bigger issue of what BlackBerry is suing for.
    I doubt that will go anywhere. Unfortunately, BlackBerry does not have the deep pockets to keep these sorts of counter suits afloat.

There are 6 images in total, along with an easy to understand abstract:
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US7567575B2/en

That looks like a REAL broad brush! Sort of like painting a canvass with a straw broom.
    I may not quite understand the nuance here, but wasn't this part of Facebook's tit-for-tat lawsuit against Blackberry and isn't this a ruling against Blackberry ?

I've kind of given up on these lawsuits as the tactic seems to be to drag the process on and on until one side gets bored and walks away.
    _dimi_ and JLagoon like this.
    03-29-20 04:36 PM
    You gotta wonder how they could've missed the whole video-conferencing/online meetings/collaboration opportunity with BBM in their portfolio.

ZOOM is worth 42 billion USD today. And when the BBM Meetings plus ZOOM partnership took place back in 2014.... it lasted 1 year.

"We believe a direct connection with Zoom Communications will provide you with a comparable web conferencing solution that is both efficient and cost-effective. Customers have the option to convert to the Zoom web conferencing solution or a vendor of their choosing over a 10 week transition period," the article stated."
    Corbu, rarsen and JLagoon like this.
    03-30-20 04:33 PM
    You gotta wonder how they could've missed the whole video-conferencing/online meetings/collaboration opportunity with BBM in their portfolio.

ZOOM is worth 42 billion USD today. And when the BBM Meetings plus ZOOM partnership took place back in 2014.... it lasted 1 year.

"We believe a direct connection with Zoom Communications will provide you with a comparable web conferencing solution that is both efficient and cost-effective. Customers have the option to convert to the Zoom web conferencing solution or a vendor of their choosing over a 10 week transition period," the article stated."
    BlackBerry under Mike and Jim seemed to only think niche. Enterprise and enterprise only. Consumers buying BBOS phones was a fluke. If they thought "big" they would have fashioned a version of online BES to allow parents to control the new 3G phones they were beginning to give their kids. If they thought "big" their idea of a tablet would've been more than a Kindle style book reader.

By the time BB10 came out it was too late. Big gamble, botched everything with BB10, and no cash. Wish it dawned on me far earlier to walk away back then.

BlackBerry today spends nothing just to be cash flow positive in an industry that spends a ton on R&D and marketing.
    elfabio80 and JLagoon like this.
    03-30-20 05:24 PM
    Would appreciate if one try it out and report back:

This 5G smartphone comes with Android, Linux - and a keyboard. Back to the future with the Astro Slide
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/this-5...24037827013043
    03-30-20 05:49 PM
    I may not quite understand the nuance here, but wasn't this part of Facebook's tit-for-tat lawsuit against Blackberry and isn't this a ruling against Blackberry ?

I've kind of given up on these lawsuits as the tactic seems to be to drag the process on and on until one side gets bored and walks away.
    In a word, yes.
    As far as I know, this has not been awarded though, and like you said, BlackBerry is being dragged along here with the player that has almost unlimited funds.

My guess is as good as yours regarding the overall net outcome and to how it will affect BlackBerry's financial gain...
    I have the same feeling as others' here that have stated that we probably will never know Financials and that they would simply show up at ER as 'income' because any wins may manifest as, say, licensing.
    EchoTango likes this.
    03-30-20 07:03 PM
    Opinion article:

BlackBerry Sees Hammer Chart Pattern: Time to Buy?
    https://old.nasdaq.com/article/black...y(1)-cm1305781
    This forms a candlestick that resembles a hammer, and it can suggest that the market has found a low point in the stock, and that better days are ahead.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-31-20 07:41 AM
    Opinion article:

BlackBerry Sees Hammer Chart Pattern: Time to Buy?
    https://old.nasdaq.com/article/black...y(1)-cm1305781
    This forms a candlestick that resembles a hammer, and it can suggest that the market has found a low point in the stock, and that better days are ahead.
    Absolutely, Best time to buy next to maybe that time a month ago when it hit RSI 30 around 5.50. That was my buy signal baby! So RSI works except when it doesn't. Got it.

BB getting some love today it seems, hopefully after the report this afternoon it isn't misplaced. I don't recall ever in the near decade I've followed this stock, them every releasing results at a time other than pre-market. Hopefully it's a sign that the results, (like the time of reporting) are *finally* different.
    rarsen, Corbu, _dimi_ and 2 others like this.
    03-31-20 10:28 AM
    For later today:

WATERLOO, ONTARIO – March 18, 2020 – BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) will report results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2020 at 5 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 31, 2020. The conference call can be accessed by dialing +1-877-682-6267 or live streamed on the company’s website at BlackBerry.com/Investors.

A replay of the conference call will be available at approximately 8 p.m. ET on March 31, 2020, by dialing +1-800-585-8367 and entering Conference ID #3146558. It will also be available at the link above.
    03-31-20 12:12 PM
    finger crossed. another 30 more minutes to go.
    03-31-20 02:23 PM
    finger crossed. another 30 more minutes to go.
    About 90 more minutes for ER release
    03-31-20 02:24 PM
    About 90 more minutes for ER release
    75 min to conference call... 15 min to earnings release?! :-)
    03-31-20 02:46 PM
    75 min to conference call... 15 min to earnings release?! :-)
    My mistake
    03-31-20 03:02 PM
    Damn, are the numbers not good? I can't see it. I just see 7% in the red aftermarket.
    03-31-20 03:09 PM
    Miss rev estimate.. 291vs296M
    03-31-20 03:11 PM
    Miss rev estimate.. 291vs296M
    Where are you seeing this? How is everything else?
    03-31-20 03:13 PM
    03-31-20 03:15 PM
    03-31-20 03:17 PM
    https://newsfilter.io/a/bd6afc428701...77857d3731d946

Earnings was a bright spot at 0.09, but revenue miss is a big disappointment. Once again, GAAP loss, so we're worse off financially at the end of the day. I thought 300m+ was a shoe-in for revs given how he carried on, and the numbers he'd been throwing out, and since the Q ended before things got bad.

No real info aside from the raw numbers. Price is bouncing around +/-5% AH, hopefully Chen can do something more than wax on quixotically bleating on and on about a turnaround that never comes. Saved the company? Sure. Turned it from something that was going under, to a company that generates no actual income for shareholders, but provides a lot of jobs I guess?
    La Emperor likes this.
    03-31-20 03:18 PM
    They messed up, again
    La Emperor likes this.
    03-31-20 03:19 PM
    We needed at least 300M revenue..
    03-31-20 03:23 PM
    So they changed the complete reporting structure, again. I think their IOT division is the new SAF story.
    03-31-20 03:25 PM
    not good. revenue not even 300 mm. not the growth I would expect.
    03-31-20 03:28 PM
    Not what investors needed....

Maybe COVID-19 is going to be a springboard for their secure office solution.... hope Chen can give some insight to it's pickup in the call As I don't see QNX software doing a lot in the coming quarters, and could see other enterprise software solutions slipping if employees aren't hired back.
    03-31-20 03:39 PM
    Not what investors needed....

Maybe COVID-19 is going to be a springboard for their secure office solution.... hope Chen can give some insight to it's pickup in the call As I don't see QNX software doing a lot in the coming quarters, and could see other enterprise software solutions slipping if employees aren't hired back.
    I doubt about it. The execution on IOT last quarter is very poor from the press release.
    03-31-20 03:44 PM
113,251 ... 44214422442344244425 ...