View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Apple has a endpoint protection or management security solutions?
    Apple is quite vocal about their robust security infrastructure, even though they have a very poor track record. (think jailbreaking)
    02-24-20 03:02 PM
    [QUOTE=Rice Dawg;13494453]. --- PREVIOUS AWESOME STATEMENTS HERE--- QUOTE]

... Who are you Really ?
    Aww, nevermind. It's just nice having you here to comment. Please feel free to spam the thread.
    Now, if we can get @kadakn to come back to add....
    Corbu likes this.
    02-24-20 03:30 PM
    Apple is quite vocal about their robust security infrastructure, even though they have a very poor track record. (think jailbreaking)
    That's their own infrastructure... for services like iCloud or iMessage. But they aren't out selling device management or end-point protection, so they aren't a BlackBerry competitor. At least not since BlackBerry got out of hardware.

They have a pretty good track record as they are the device of choice for Enterprise these days. Jailbreaking can't be done without the UEM solution or the user knowing about it. And most the Enterprise security is based on the UEM implementation anyway. Apple is chosen more because it's a long supported platform... Five years vs Three for the best of Android.

And that's the only choices today.... iOS or Android.
    techvisor and app_Developer like this.
    02-24-20 03:48 PM
    I can't remember if BB has plans in the CWP space? I see a lot of people rushing in that direction now. I'm super interested in exploring Google Anthos, and Anthos (and the inevitable competitors to that) make enterprise CWP even more necessary than ever.

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/17787661...latform-to-all
    02-24-20 07:03 PM
    [QUOTE=Bacon Munchers;13497434]
    . --- PREVIOUS AWESOME STATEMENTS HERE--- QUOTE]

... Who are you Really ?
    Aww, nevermind. It's just nice having you here to comment. Please feel free to spam the thread.
    Now, if we can get @kadakn to come back to add....
    Just a fellow long time shareholder like many of you. Appreciate the grit and resilience of this community, especially folks like Corbu who is here updating everyone rain, snow, or shine. And still a relatively nice place on the internet -- a rarity nowadays!

Regarding an earlier question about BB issuing more stock, yes, they are increasing their share count through existing stock options and restricted share unit plans that vest. You can get an exact count by looking at Note 8 of their filings, which shows share count grew from 547M to 552M fiscal YTD. This will continue creep up as options vest unless they reinstate their share buyback program.

That same Note also talks about the Cylance awards which prompted the latest shelf offering filing. It specifically states: "In the third quarter of fiscal 2020, 3,122,140 Inducement Awards were forfeited due to the departure of one of the co-founders of Cylance." So Stuart McClure will not be getting his shares. Ryan Permeh, if he sticks around, will get around 1M shares.

Anyhow, all of this is actually fairly typical, although one can have differing opinions on whether these executives are worth such staggering sums. BB is relatively tame compared to, for example, Twilio, which grew its shares outstanding from 88M at its IPO in 2016 to 123M as of their fiscal year end. Bottom line is if they execute properly, annual low single digit dilutions won't matter a whole lot in the long run.
    02-25-20 06:20 AM
    PR:
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301010447.html
    BlackBerry Extends EPP and EDR Capabilities with New Enhancements to CylancePROTECT® and CylanceOPTICS®

WATERLOO, Ontario, Feb. 25, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) today announced new product enhancements to the endpoint protection platform (EPP) and endpoint detection and response (EDR) pillars of its BlackBerry Spark® platform. Key features include single-agent deployment, custom role-based access controls and accelerated incident investigation with the release of CylanceOPTICS® v2.4.

BlackBerry helps to proactively reduce risk from cybersecurity threats with a unified endpoint security (UES) layer that can work with BlackBerry® UEM to deliver zero trust security. The lightweight, single-agent deployment is managed from a central management console, allowing organizations to easily deploy both EPP capabilities with CylancePROTECT® and EDR capabilities with CylanceOPTICS, maximizing the results of their security investment.

02-25-20 07:01 AM
    General information on mobile network experience including 5G in Canada:

CANADA -- Mobile Network Experience Report
    https://www.opensignal.com/reports/2...ork-experience
    Canada has some of the fastest 4G download and upload speeds in the world but that hasn’t stopped the country from planning to join the 5G bandwagon soon. Canadian operator Rogers announced earlier this year that it will start rolling out 5G in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal with plans to expand to more than 20 more markets by year-end. Rogers will initially deploy 5G in its 2.5GHz spectrum and expand to its 600MHz 5G spectrum and 3.5GHz spectrum later this year Telus and Bell are working on 5G too, but have published less detail on their plans.

The WhistleOut 5G Wireless Guide for Canada (2020)
    https://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f...index4412.html
    02-25-20 07:10 AM
    General information for those with an interest in Privacy and Security:

Don't worry, Alexa and friends only record you up to 19 times a day
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/dont-w...24037827013043

Here's how to enable DoH in each browser, ISPs be damned
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/dns-ov...sp-opposition/
    All six major browser vendors have plans to support DNS-over-HTTPS (or DoH), a protocol that encrypts DNS traffic and helps improve a user's privacy on the web. Doing this makes a user's DNS traffic invisible to third-party network observers, such as ISPs. But while users love DoH and have deemed it a privacy boon, ISPs, networking operators, and cyber-security vendors hate it.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    02-27-20 10:58 AM
    General information for those with an interest in Privacy and Security:

Don't worry, Alexa and friends only record you up to 19 times a day
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/dont-w...24037827013043

Here's how to enable DoH in each browser, ISPs be damned
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/dns-ov...sp-opposition/
    All six major browser vendors have plans to support DNS-over-HTTPS (or DoH), a protocol that encrypts DNS traffic and helps improve a user's privacy on the web. Doing this makes a user's DNS traffic invisible to third-party network observers, such as ISPs. But while users love DoH and have deemed it a privacy boon, ISPs, networking operators, and cyber-security vendors hate it.
    My wife was talking to a friend on her iPhone, and they set up an appointment.. Wife hung up and opened here Calendar to create a new appointment, and data and time were already filled in - surprised it hadn't filled in the contact info.

Nice feature, but also spooky.

As for DoH... been using an VPN on my router, but will be watching to see how this goes.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    02-27-20 11:05 AM
    Ummm.....anyone have an idea if we're tanking due to Covid-19, or is there another reason?

Asking for a friend.... lol.
    FeitaInc likes this.
    02-27-20 03:07 PM
    Ummm.....anyone have an idea if we're tanking due to Covid-19, or is there another reason?

Asking for a friend.... lol.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/26/dow-...s-warning.html

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock...122658989.html

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bernie...s-stock-market

Coronavirus = fear = fear equals put your money somewhere safe. Tech stocks aren't considered safe.
    Hazo likes this.
    02-27-20 03:58 PM
    Thanks...I've been trying to keep up on all that and it makes sense.

I'm hoping that's all it is, which means that now is a great time to "stock up" at the current price, since the virus will eventually be under control. I was more concerned about any other news I may have missed which would have a long-term effect on the share price.

This feels temporary, thank God.
    02-27-20 04:52 PM
    Yeah. There is a good mix of talent here, and is the main reason why I take valuable time out of a week to peruse the thread Y awesome gents. I swear that Smith 565 must be a friendly bot too, much like Corbu.
    Then there is Rarsen, who keeps related security issues on the dashboard.
    It really is a shame that we only have virtual reality to meet up, but I suppose it is sufficient.

Here's to hoping that some of the old boys make a resurgence....
    JLagoon, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    02-27-20 09:46 PM
    BB made it all the way down to RSI=24 from RSI=75

I hope the descent stops here.
    JLagoon and Corbu like this.
    02-28-20 09:55 AM
    BB made it all the way down to RSI=24 from RSI=75

I hope the descent stops here.
    I doubt it... not sure whats worse right now for business - the COVID-19 affects on Travel and Component production in China, or Sanders being the front runner for US Dem Party.

Take Buffett's advise... and buy (but maybe not more BB).
    02-28-20 11:20 AM
    Hopefully, BB stops going down today, and close with a reversal indicator. It seems to show a clearer accumulation pattern today.
    Corbu, W Hoa and rarsen like this.
    02-28-20 11:36 AM
    A colleague was questioning if the definition of “privacy” has to be rewritten. Is there privacy in today’s world? -- Don't forget to continue protecting access to your phones and for some even your location (John Chen among those shutting off his location data).

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-devices-know-about-you.jpg
    02-28-20 06:22 PM
    Hi all,

Today BB action was quite intense. I thought, I would share my take with the charts. As Kierkegard once said, life can only be understood backwards. Let's start from February 14, 2020, when it touched one of the support lines. This particular support line can be traced back to October 2019. It bounced the next day, and followed with a double doji, and a red candle. It, basically, showed no more buyers. It couldn't break $6.23, and then we started getting the effect of coronavirus news. It gapped down 10 days later (February 24, 2020), and this created a new downtrend within an already major downtrend that can be traced back to January 2018 (good lord).

February 25, 2020, it broke the next support ~$5.60. February 26, 2020, it couldn't hold $5.50. It gapped down yet again on February 27, 2020, and had resistance ~$5.36.

Feburary 28, 2020, it tried to gap down again, and followed with 3 attempts to break $5.00. They failed and formed a triple bottom intraday pattern. It resolved to close at $5.17. As you may notice on the 5 minute chart, there was a surge of volume. I suspect that this is based on some shorts covering with minor buyer's activities. I also suspect that much of the 7.3 million volume was accumulation by institutions. The close at $5.17 created a piercing line candle pattern to indicate a reversal of the downtrend. A reversal for the short term at least. The action today was better, than having another red day. BB showed support strength at $5 as bottom. There has been too much doom and gloom. Hopefully, the general market and BB will see recovery on Monday.

Here are a few accompanying charts:

1. A 30 minute, 60 minute, and daily chart to show RSI with a positive divergence--as SP makes a new low, RSI makes a higher low.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2020-02-28-9.06.10-pm-c1.jpg

2. A 5 minute chart to show the triple bottom.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2020-02-28-9.27.16-pm-c3.png

3. A daily chart to show piercing line candle.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2020-02-28-9.13.59-pm-c2.jpg
    02-28-20 09:13 PM
    Appreciate the contribution there JLagoon!
    rarsen, Corbu and JLagoon like this.
    02-28-20 09:17 PM
    Reminder of good house keeping habits, part of weekend reading:

Strong passwords: 9 rules to help you make and remember your login credentials
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/strong-p...n-credentials/
    The security of your bank account, Netflix account and email inbox depends on how well you safeguard your passwords.

Google keeps a scary amount of data on you. Here's how to find and delete it
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/google-k...and-delete-it/
    Whether you have an iPhone or Android phone, Google Maps logs everywhere you go, the route you take to get there, when you arrive and what time you leave -- even if you never open the app. Be forewarned, just because you set Google not to track your online or offline activity doesn't necessarily mean you've closed off your data to Google completely. Google has admitted it can track your physical location even if you turn off location services using information gathered from Wi-Fi and other wireless signals near your phone. Also, just like Facebook has been guilty of doing for years, Google doesn't even need you to be signed in to track you.
    Corbu, W Hoa, JLagoon and 1 others like this.
    02-29-20 09:31 AM
    Nicely done JLagoon. If I may contribute one of my key metrics that has been very consistent over the last four years. Starting a sell-off of BB once it hits RSI=60 and starting a buy-back once it reaches RSI=30. I should emphasis that this is just one example of many trading strategies. I have included a daily RSI chart going back to 2016.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbrsi.jpg
    Corbu, JLagoon, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    02-29-20 12:10 PM
    Nicely done JLagoon. If I may contribute one of my key metrics that has been very consistent over the last four years. Starting a sell-off of BB once it hits RSI=60 and starting a buy-back once it reaches RSI=30. I should emphasis that this is just one example of many trading strategies. I have included a daily RSI chart going back to 2016.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbRSI.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	447889
    My strategy for BlackBerry stock is sell when there is good news, or when anyone from BlackBerry make a statement of any kind.
    dusdal and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-01-20 01:19 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbRSI.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	447889
    Where did RSI 60 come from for signaling oversold? I've largely only ever heard of 30/70, and regardless, the occasional times I did hear other numbers, they were always at least symmetrical around 50.

If you were able to capitalize on this, more power to you, but how did you know, *four years ago* that this would be the case for the following 4 years? Was it only 4 years, or are we in line for 4 more years of the same? What was special about that point that triggered it? Why not 6.5 ears ago when Chen took over? There have been instances where RSI of 60 was triggered by a sharp spike lasting only hours followed by an almost immediate selloff, then others when an RSI of 60 merely predicated 5 more months of good times with an RSI remaining above 60 and touching 80.

I'm honestly not trying to mock but learn more. To me it seems that these sorts of rules have the facade of a disciplined approach since there's lots of numbers, math, and calculations, far more so than the "gut feel" that characterizes many traders. However, how is an undisciplined approach to these rules, applying them selective (almost always in hindsight) any different? What's the difference between following a gut feel for stocks, vs following rules and calculations that are altered or applied selectively, determined largely by gut feel?

In black jack, you can hit on a hard 18 and not bust roughly 1 out of every 4 times. To me this largely looks like taking all the hands that didn't bust, looking for commonalities such as time of day, what the player was wearing, or the height of the dealer, and then trying to extrapolate that to the future.
    Last edited by Seadog83; 03-01-20 at 10:24 PM.
    03-01-20 08:49 PM
    Another interesting approach to BB was one suggested by Morgan+8 two years (or more) ago. He suggested selling covered calls. It was his opinion that call options expired worthless 90% of the time and selling calls was a good way to make some money while you held onto your BB shares.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    03-02-20 01:33 PM
    Looks like the DJI had a record day but Blackberry was left behind, even losing a bit more ground. I suppose BB is not a stock you might go to during a bounce-back, as the ATFA list and the like was quite active.

As we continue to bounce along the bottom, I'm wondering what might change this other than the pending earnings report at the end of the month.
    03-02-20 05:42 PM
113,256 ... 44104411441244134414 ...