View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    At the risk of being slightly off topic I was reminiscing about the glory days of Crackberry when Blackberry was a major player in the mobile communication market and even the glimmer that TCL/Blackberry Mobile temporarily created with the licensed devices. Today Crackberry has to be wondering what place they have in the future of Blackberry without ANY consumer products at all. I suppose they can move to commenting on Cylance products and being an archive for all us BB10 dinosaurs but beyond that, what content will they host ?

Kevin's participation has declined to the point where he is now nowhere to be found. I remember his "return" to work with Blackberry Mobile in launching the Android based "Key" products and his optimism was palpable. I suspect he has found other subjects to provide commentary on and has moved on for good..... and who could blame him ?

It would be a truly sad day if Crackberry ever closes its doors and Blackberry dedicated sites/forums like this one ceases to exist.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we're well past that. When the front page is nothing more than advertising and selling discounted subscriptions and learning packages with the rare news that a phone no longer supported miraculously has an update from months if not quarters prior being released by a carrier it's clear the company is dead.

Consider every post blackberry has made on any source, simply look at the comments and viewcounts, which are less than 20-30 in most cases.

Whether the company believes it no longer address consumers at the individual level and is solely B2B yet believes that businesses don't use the internet and have no actual material news other than posting dates far out in the future that bring nothing to the table it's clear as day their intention to put the company in a position for Chen to take it under.

Shareholders other than Watsa have been dealt a bad hand and misled for many years, it's foolish to claim otherwise.

I'm of the belief that Chen's been paying some bots and pumpers to keep pumping the junk to keep sentiment high keeping the volatility as low as he can to keep shares from being dumped.

What's actually funny is the crap news this company has spewed, Chen spend more time on PR claiming how he turned around the company, or having himself profiled, or how blackberry has turned to WordPress. I mean for a company to move to WordPress, and then boast about it as some feat of accomplishment you can quickly understand the dinosaur leading the company. In a 1 year span I could learn programming and you're telling me a company in Tech, supposedly a leader has to switch to WordPress after nearly 10 years and have nothing of significance.

Look at their website, nothing but old white papers, and a call to schedule a sales meeting with products that aren't defined besides hype and fancy wording but no actual relevant information that explains what they sell and what they actually do.

Chen's a disaster, he's burned the company to the ground, while claiming turnaround complete and tipping point. Have to respect the market though for seeing through all the bull**** even after countless pumpers and permabulls went to troll those same people.

Even now Faucette ending coverage, and what are most thinking that there's some manipulation, c'mon get real the company's posts are getting barely up to 30 views and the comments are all from India asking when a new blackberry will come out. What's more likely is what's the point of spending resources towards a company that clearly doesn't do anything and doesn't play in the market, rather in their own backyard.

Chen's been Scrooge McDuck jumping in the cash pile he's boasted about for so many years, as the value and worth of cash continues to lows, now right before the CD comes due he decides to blow the cash on a company that generates a pittance compared to it's valuation then goes on to lie he'd never spend such multiples. Truth is Chen is the fool and he's made a fool out of every one of us who supported the company. All those promises of support for devices, or new devices and nothing to show for it - clearly it's all been snakeoil, yet there are some on here claiming that anyone negative doesn't understand true value.

If suddenly a Google or Amazon come out with their own qnx, how long until every current partner switches over, I doubt it would be too long. The majority of the market would prefer not to do business with blackberry, being a company that can't adhere to timelines, cannot be trusted at all and countless other red flags.

This is the definition of white collar fraud and I surmise is an impending Nortel in the making. If this company is to survive anything, John Chen needs to be FIRED for cause, Prem Watsa needs to back off from the company completely, and the BOD needs to be flushed in it's entirety or better yet sell the company. At this point even $12 would be accepted by most, although we all know it's Watsa that's planning on taking it under.

We also know some of the posters in here are executives of blackberry, for a cyber security company, they do a bad job of hiding their tracks. Stupid is as stupid does.
    elfabio80 and techvisor like this.
    01-22-20 02:52 PM
    @dalinxz An honest question: what's the average price that you paid for shares in BlackBerry? Have you held on to them?
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    01-23-20 12:56 AM
    On a slightly more interesting note, EYPT seems to be doing ok.
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    01-23-20 02:47 PM

Even now Faucette ending coverage, and what are most thinking that there's some manipulation,
    Wish he ended coverage several years ago actually ...
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    01-23-20 06:14 PM
    Yup almost back to half what it was when EYPT coverage first started on this board. LOL. (Well maybe not really laughing).
    01-23-20 06:17 PM

Oh.. no... i jinxed it.. :’D
    01-24-20 10:06 AM
    General information including BB:

Motorola Augments 900 MHz Portfolio With Improvised Solution
    https://old.nasdaq.com/article/motor...tion-cm1269515
    Some better-ranked stocks in the broader industry are America Movil, S.A.B. de C.V. AMX , BlackBerry Limited BB and ATN International, Inc. ATNI . While America Movil and BlackBerry sport a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), ATN International carries a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
    BlackBerry outpaced estimates twice in the preceding four quarters, the positive earnings surprise being 68.8%, on average.
    FeitaInc and La Emperor like this.
    01-24-20 10:12 AM
    The bollinger bands are really narrow at this point, which almost always results in a big move... I'd say in the next 5-7 trading days?!

Don't forget, big day in court on the 30th of January, and if all goes well, then they have weekly court meetings in February.. small "pause" (probably less news I mean with regards to the court case, unless they settle) in March.. and trial starts in April. I'd almost forget, their ER is in March so we might experience a wild ride!
    Corbu, FeitaInc, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-24-20 02:59 PM
    I'd say we're moving up, at least to fill the gap at +/- 7.50.. too much news coming up and Q4 is traditionally their best quarter.
    Corbu, FeitaInc, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-24-20 03:02 PM
    To give you an idea of how the jury will have to come up with a verdict, here´s an example from the Cirba vs VMware case, in which they ruled in favour of Cirba for approx. 237 million USD just a few days ago:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...8555.550.0.pdf
    01-25-20 10:45 AM
    OT general weekend reading:

60% of you are disgusting: Go clean your phone right now. Here's how
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/60-of-...24037827013043
    It's no wonder that smartphones are now comparable to toilet seats when it comes to the germs and viruses that claim them as home. It won't kill you to miss a day or two of cleaning, but come on, everyone, never?
    _dimi_, Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    01-25-20 07:24 PM
    At the risk of being slightly off topic I was reminiscing about the glory days of Crackberry when Blackberry was a major player in the mobile communication market and even the glimmer that TCL/Blackberry Mobile temporarily created with the licensed devices. Today Crackberry has to be wondering what place they have in the future of Blackberry without ANY consumer products at all. I suppose they can move to commenting on Cylance products and being an archive for all us BB10 dinosaurs but beyond that, what content will they host ?

Kevin's participation has declined to the point where he is now nowhere to be found. I remember his "return" to work with Blackberry Mobile in launching the Android based "Key" products and his optimism was palpable. I suspect he has found other subjects to provide commentary on and has moved on for good..... and who could blame him ?

It would be a truly sad day if Crackberry ever closes its doors and Blackberry dedicated sites/forums like this one ceases to exist.
    WebOS Nation..... CrackBerry isn't going anywhere.
    01-27-20 07:50 AM
    01-27-20 08:35 AM
    So we're down 5.69% due to this virus....? :-) How exactly does it affect BlackBerry.....? Or have algorithms triggered stop losses due to the chart indicating a big move would occur....
    Corbu likes this.
    01-27-20 08:58 AM
    So we're down 5.69% due to this virus....? :-) How exactly does it affect BlackBerry.....? Or have algorithms triggered stop losses due to the chart indicating a big move would occur....
    I do wonder how much BlackBerry is "traded" just based on algorithms....

Coronavirus... Tax Plans of all the top Democratic candidates... it's Monday.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    01-27-20 09:36 AM
    I do wonder how much BlackBerry is "traded" just based on algorithms....

Coronavirus... Tax Plans of all the top Democratic candidates... it's Monday.
    Exactly. BlackBerry, Dow Jones, Nasdaq,... all gapped down... perfect storm to work off the "overbought" indicators. I think it won't take too long to recover those losses and set new all-time highs, except for BlackBerry, of course :-)
    Corbu likes this.
    01-27-20 09:40 AM
    Exactly. BlackBerry, Dow Jones, Nasdaq,... all gapped down... perfect storm to work off the "overbought" indicators. I think it won't take too long to recover those losses and set new all-time highs, except for BlackBerry, of course :-)
    Virus runs it's course without wiping out mankind
    Trump wins election
    And Monday ends

BB will be just fine....
    _dimi_ and Bacon Munchers like this.
    01-27-20 09:54 AM
    What are the chances that we'll fill the gap at +/- 5.80 first as opposed to +/- 7.50? :-)
    01-28-20 08:43 AM
    For those with interest in privacy and security, including document shared by Corbu:

Ring doorbell 'gives Facebook and Google user data'
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51281476
    One Alabama-based man, who claims a hacker spoke to his children via his Ring camera, is leading a group legal action against the company over the security of its products.
    "The deployment of connected home security cameras that allows footage to be queried centrally are simply not compatible with a free society," written in an article seeking the views of Amazon employees on a range of issues.
    Ring app for Android full to the brim with third-party trackers: report
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/ring-a...24037827013043

IoT security: Your smart devices must have these three features to be secure
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/iot-se...24037827013043
    Corbu and Bacon Munchers like this.
    01-29-20 01:20 PM
    We know about Arrival but I wasn't sure about UPS....especially North America.

Delivery giant UPS has ordered 10,000 electric trucks from Arrival, a technology company based in the UK.

The pair then hope to deploy the trucks across Europe and North America over the next four years. If everything goes well, UPS has the option to buy another 10,000 vehicles.

Arrival has also previously confirmed that its trucks will use BlackBerry QNX, an enterprise-focused operating system designed for cars, robots and medical equipment.

https://www.engadget.com/2020/01/29/...er-investment/
    01-29-20 04:17 PM
    We know about Arrival but I wasn't sure about UPS....especially North America.

Delivery giant UPS has ordered 10,000 electric trucks from Arrival, a technology company based in the UK.

The pair then hope to deploy the trucks across Europe and North America over the next four years. If everything goes well, UPS has the option to buy another 10,000 vehicles.

Arrival has also previously confirmed that its trucks will use BlackBerry QNX, an enterprise-focused operating system designed for cars, robots and medical equipment.

https://www.engadget.com/2020/01/29/...er-investment/
    Here's another one of those design wins that are announced with much fanfare with little or no immediate impact on the bottom line. I've always wondered what the per vehicle revenue is to get a feel for the actual value of these deals. I don't believe Chen is like David Dodge (QNX) who famously gave away licenses for little or no money if the project seemed mildly interesting. Blackberry never divulges the basic costs for their products and I wonder if that's as confusing for customers as it is for shareholders.

Still, credit where credits due, at least this is some positive news in a business sector they have placed much faith (and shareholder investment) in.
    rarsen, Corbu, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    01-30-20 09:51 AM

Still, credit where credits due, at least this is some positive news in a business sector they have placed much faith (and shareholder investment) in.
    We can add Amazon's Rivian order. Rivian uses QNX.

Amazon orders 100,000 EVs to help meet climate goal ten years early

https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/19/...ris-agreement/
    Last edited by W Hoa; 01-30-20 at 10:14 AM.
    YUUUUP, Corbu, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    01-30-20 10:01 AM
    01-30-20 12:32 PM
    Hey fellas,

Lol. I scanned 3 weeks worth of thread in 15 minutes. Things are a bit quiet around this site nowadays. If it wasn't for this thread, I wonder where it would be?

So looks like the Kahn Bros. Bought another big chunk of BlackBerry for their hedge fund: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kahn-...html?.tsrc=rss

With today's dip, I was dropping by to see if we lost the suit(s), but I think dimi was saying that rulings were a little ways away yet.

Stay healthy!
    PS - maybe Cylance will include the prediction of real viruses one day....
    Corbu, JLagoon, FeitaInc and 2 others like this.
    01-30-20 12:33 PM
    Hi Bacon Munchers,

What a poor performance with regards to BB stock. I feel like we need some material, exciting news here...

With regards to the Facebook lawsuit. They were in court today to discuss whether they will wait for the PTAB to decide on the numerous petitions that were filed by Facebook. I hope (as does BlackBerry) that the judge decides to move forward and not wait for the verdict(s) that will come out of the Inter Partes Review, if the petitions make it that far... I have no idea how fast a court order is issued, but it will probably not take weeks?!

Both sides have filed numerous Daubert Opposition Briefs just a few days ago. These are responses to requests to strike expert opinions and certain damages that were mentioned in the Opening Briefs filed around 7th of January. BlackBerry also filed an opposition to Facebook´s motion for Summary Judgment and Motion to Strike, as they want this to go to trial. BlackBerry has responded by requesting a Summary Judgment as to No Invalidity of these patents so it´s just a chess game right now. There´s another deadline on February 6th with regards to filings for these requests, and then there´s a court date on 20th of February to make a final plea.

On 2nd of April there´s a Pre-Trial Conference ; and trial should commence on 13th of April, if the Judge decides to deny Facebook´s requests.
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-30-20 04:35 PM
113,256 ... 44044405440644074408 ...