View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Do you mean via Android Auto or CarPlay?
    Android for me pls.
    01-03-20 08:01 AM
    Has this been posted? It is one of the most positive articles about BlackBerry investments I have seen in a while.
    Did I see embedded deep in this article a reference to highly secure cell phone devices?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/seeking...naround-turned
    Last edited by Sigewif; 01-03-20 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Adding a comment
    rarsen likes this.
    01-03-20 02:18 PM
    Hi folks.... I have been holding on to my BBRY shares for awhile now. Seeing Chen's latest report really has me excited. Do yall think that excitement is warranted? (Long term investor here)
    kellyweng88 likes this.
    01-03-20 03:16 PM
    Hi folks.... I have been holding on to my BBRY shares for awhile now. Seeing Chen's latest report really has me excited. Do yall think that excitement is warranted? (Long term investor here)
    There is hope... have to really give Cylance a chance to see if they can deliver.
    01-03-20 03:30 PM
    Me too !

However, I have been down this road many times and it's always ended up with the company in the ditch (again). I'd like to advise you to keep faith with the management but they have disappointed so many times that I can't really say that and keep a straight face. It's really come down to every-man-for-himself with regard to what each of us should do with their respective holdings. Yes, last quarter was quite positive but you still have to remember, they still can't seem to make any money as they straddle the GAAP/Non GAAP break-even line.

I'm even half expecting Fairfax to take Blackberry private once all the risk has been rung out of the stock by us long suffering shareholders.

I wish I could be more positive.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 01-04-20 at 08:23 AM.
    01-03-20 03:42 PM
    Android for me pls.
    Maybe worth a thread? Short answer is the data I’m seeing shows good engagement with Android Auto and CarPlay in younger, more affluent buyers with a strong trend to higher adoption of these features in Asia (more than Europe or US markets). But overall engagement is high for the number of cars that support it.

On Version compatibility: early read is positive. Very few changes were needed to support the last major android rev or the last major iOS rev, both of which shipped to customers without breaking the integration with their cars.
    rarsen likes this.
    01-03-20 05:30 PM
    Hey app_Developper, appreciate your inputs. Increased software advantages and safety features could be raised, when comparison shopping for change of road vehicles.

With BB-Cylance present at CES 2020 next week with Cyber Security and Privacy, Vehicle Technology, Self-driving vehicles among product categories, would presume increasing thread interest for CB members.
    https://www.ces.tech/About-CES.aspx

Cheers
    01-03-20 06:09 PM
    With so many execs leaving and dropping their compensation, they must be aware of Watsa's plan to take the company under for pennies on the dollar. Stupid to stay with blackberry only Chen cares with his insane compensation package.
    01-04-20 03:11 PM
    01-05-20 07:56 AM
    Haven't seen this one posted yet.

BB v TWTR case recently filed to dismiss with prejudice.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...38215.59.0.pdf

No terms, but I'm going with the assumption that there was a settlement.
    Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    01-05-20 08:32 PM
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300981115.html

BlackBerry Collaborating with Amazon Web Services to Demonstrate Safe, Secure, and Intelligent Connected Vehicle Software Platform for In-Vehicle Applications
    Corbu, smithm565, W Hoa and 9 others like this.
    01-06-20 08:12 AM
    BB up 3-4% and SPHS up +20-30 %. If not for the “excitement“ in the Middle East, US debt going off the charts and the odds of an incoming slowdown/recession increasing it would be tempting to venture a slight smile.
    01-06-20 02:12 PM
    BB up 3-4% and SPHS up +20-30 %. If not for the “excitement“ in the Middle East, US debt going off the charts and the odds of an incoming slowdown/recession increasing it would be tempting to venture a slight smile.
    You mean 40% :P
    Here's hoping SPHS can get to $1 by Friday and hold it to avoid being delisted.
    Last edited by rytwjyx; 01-06-20 at 03:15 PM.
    rarsen and FeitaInc like this.
    01-06-20 03:02 PM
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300981115.html

BlackBerry Collaborating with Amazon Web Services to Demonstrate Safe, Secure, and Intelligent Connected Vehicle Software Platform for In-Vehicle Applications
    I suppose...if you can't beat 'em...join 'em is appropriate in this case.

It sounds like the are simply making their services available to the Android Car Play software stack in cases where that makes sense. I don't sense this is a big deal and in reality acknowledges the serious competitive landscape in the connected car space.
    01-06-20 03:35 PM
    You mean 40% :P
    Here's hoping SPHS can get to $1 by Friday and hold it to avoid being delisted.
    Oh.. is that what is going on?
    01-06-20 03:39 PM
    I really really hope that a lot of these deals, collaboration, partnerships and all this other "news" starts to generate some revenue.

We have had a lot of announcements with a lot of big names in the automotive sector, government agencies, suppliers and all that jazz. Not much impact on the top line but hopefully very soon!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    01-06-20 07:43 PM
    Hopefully management can execute properly on these opportunities. I am seeing a lot more Cylance appid in security logs
    FeitaInc and rarsen like this.
    01-06-20 08:00 PM
    Sadly it deals too much with the past and history of BlackBerry.... at some point people have got to get past writing about the history of BlackBerry and just get to the meat of why they could be a big success today. Article really never even touches much on that.

Last paragraph had "Since then we have pivoted from being a hardware company making smartphones, to a software and services company that connects and secures any endpoint. Looking back at the pivot, which was a massive undertaking strategically and operationally, I am in awe of how seamlessly it was done. It would make a great case study for strategic management and leadership programs."

Who is she kidding (good old BlackBerry corporate arrogance is still strong)? If they didn't have the cash to buy Cylance last year, they'd be looking for new jobs this coming year.
    While not bad obviously since every little bit helps, I really wish it wasn't from an Indian publisher no one had ever heard of before. While it's only a gross measure, a quick search shows they have all of 20k twitter followers, similar to say the main newspaper in PEI, Canada's smallest province. Contrast that with say Market Watch, who have a little under 4m, or roughly 200x the reach. So while it's good, until folks with several orders of magnitude more reach slow down the accusations against BB of straight up accounting fraud, it may not amount to much.

Hopefully management can execute properly on these opportunities. I am seeing a lot more Cylance appid in security logs
    Nice solid day, on what could be good news. Chen needs to change his playbook a bit. We've had over 6 years from Chen of potentially good news, but with always so few details as to leave himself an out if 2 years passes, nothing more is heard, and there are no obvious profits to point to (*cough* Jarvis/Astonishing Tribe/Ad Hoc/Movirtu/Spark).

I'm not faulting any one thing, or even saying the above were all failures. Obviously everything won't be a home run, but when things do work out, it would be nice if he could point to something and say "this is what we invested in, this is why it was a good idea, and this is how it paid off". Because as it stands now, while I do think JC has done a decent job and BB may very well be out of business if not for him, it would be nice to get some specifics beyond the incredibly vague "he saved the company" while pointing to the aether. Fingers crossed this wasn't the "big news" that got him so giddy during the earnings, and we get something from CES tomorrow.

-

One final question for the TA folks out there, but where did the idea that "all gaps must be filled" come from, and why? Bulls on ST are going on about how we're going to fill the gap up to 7.50 or whatever, and bears similarly carried on about the gaps from 2017 that arose on the way up, but why? And why doesn't that extend to 9 years ago when it had massive gaps down from $78 to $60 or whatever? In short why is it valid, and when it isn't, why isn't it, and how do you tell the difference when it gaps?
    elfabio80, EchoTango and JLagoon like this.
    01-06-20 08:46 PM
    https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/com...nnected-future
    BlackBerry Showcases AI-Based Automotive Solution to Drive the Connected Future

rarsen and Redzinaldas like this.
    01-07-20 07:03 AM
    https://newsfilter.io/articles/ansys...9dd42017ada889
    ANSYS and Blackberry Collaborate to Support Next-Generation Automobiles

rarsen and Redzinaldas like this.
    01-07-20 07:05 AM
    QNX:
    https://media.jaguarlandrover.com/ne...irst-dual-esim
    BRAINS AND BRAWN: RUGGED NEW LAND ROVER DEFENDER SHOWCASES WORLD-FIRST DUAL ESIM CONNECTIVITY AT CES 2020
    rarsen and kellyweng88 like this.
    01-07-20 09:13 AM
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-07-20 at 01:26 PM.
    01-07-20 12:06 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ensupxpxuaipjla.jpg
    kellyweng88, rarsen and JLagoon like this.
    01-07-20 01:11 PM
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-07-20 at 01:26 PM.
    W Hoa and rarsen like this.
    01-07-20 01:11 PM
    I come here daily hoping for the occasional beach and bikini picture and now all I get is the occasional motorcycle......

If you want to prop up the share price....
    Corbu, rampagingpanda and rarsen like this.
    01-07-20 01:58 PM
113,250 ... 44014402440344044405 ...