View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Corbu, Morgan, app_Developer, W Hoa, smithm565, Bacon Munchers, Chuck Finley69 and all the others who are nourishing this thread with intelligent and interesting information, ideas, thoughts.... I've just wanted to thank you all!..

... To the others, credit.

I'm just here for comedy relief.
    Corbu, FeitaInc, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-19-19 07:51 PM
    ... nothing tangible is there to take, should they be nailed with a judgement against or loose the counter suit. The only loses will be passed on to the fandom.

Even if they win and the stock jumps, you will probably take one day off from your predictable repackaged message here.

... Meanwhile, I will cash in some stock so that I can put a toilet on my front porch.
    Hazo likes this.
    09-19-19 08:02 PM
    His physical behaviour in the interview with Amber shows he's hiding something and there's dishonesty, his sweating and turning red...
    Nah man. He always behaves like that around Amber.
    Corbu, Greened and rarsen like this.
    09-19-19 08:07 PM
    Nah man. He always behaves like that around Amber.
    As we all would.
    09-19-19 08:28 PM
    Coming Soon.....
    still rooting for the company, bullish but Chen needs some of that....

09-19-19 09:35 PM
    ... Meanwhile, I will cash in some stock so that I can put a toilet on my front porch.
    I don't know about a toilet on the front porch, but definitely a urinal beside the beer fridge.

Bacon Munchers likes this.
    09-19-19 09:44 PM
    RBC reporting Stuart McClure out at BB as of 9/3/19.

https://www.rbcinsight.com/WM/share/...N4GR75hg==&a=a

He is also no longer listed in the leadership section on BB website.
    W Hoa, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-20-19 05:56 AM
    Blackberry’s Transformational Pivot is Nearly Complete

https://medium.com/futuresin/blackbe...e-783c4a92df3f
    W Hoa, rarsen and Andy_bb_king like this.
    09-20-19 07:02 AM

I honestly expected better from RBC. That report is more of the same. Very few numbers to justify their conclusions aside from arbitrary P/S numbers. "Our bearish case is P/S of 2" Care to elaborate where that came from? And looking rearward to justify the future. Historically over last 2 years BB traded around 4.5 P/S. So we'll just go ahead assuming that's a correct valuation, and project more of the same. Given that mispriced stock valuations are basically *the* way you make money in investing, I just find it amazing that one of the biggest banks can basically start from the opposite premise that the historical price was never wrong, then use that to determine the future. Keep in mind like spring '17 they had a $8 target, right before almost doubling. Target price increases only came after the price went up.

On McClure leaving, this is basically stocktwits level gossip if they're basing it all on one filing from one website. Ceased to be an insider, but still listed on Cylance's page as CEO. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm not saying it isn't worth additional follow up, but if you're going to make a bold statement like the CEO of their biggest acquisition and subsidiary is out, then maybe you should do a bit more due diligence than simple web browsing? They didn't even offer up the requisite "BB was not immediately available for comment on the departure of McClure"

Then they comment on Cylance's headcount "based on data from linkedin". This is as much a rant about the media in general, but when did **** posted to FB, YouTube videos, or the results of a linkedin search become legitimate sources?
    Corbu, smithm565, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-20-19 07:42 AM

He still figures on BB-Cylance page:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=oL_XiRmh

FWIW, I suspect RBC's information might not be right. His insider status might have changed but he might well not have left.

PS: Apologies, Seadog. I had not read your comments before I posted this.
    smithm565 and rarsen like this.
    09-20-19 08:08 AM
    He still figures on BB-Cylance page:

FWIW, I suspect RBC's information might not be right. His insider status might have changed but he might well not have left.

PS: Apologies, Seadog. I had not read your comments before I posted this.
    I did additional checking around before I posted here, and looking at his public profile page on Twitter and LinkedIn, seems to be absent any BB employment reference, which was there a few months ago.

I would think if he left, this would be a material change an BB would have been required to issue a regulatory filing with the SEC, but I did not see one on sec.gov.
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-20-19 08:27 AM
    I did additional checking around before I posted here, and looking at his public profile page on Twitter and LinkedIn, seems to be absent any BB employment reference, which was there a few months ago.

I would think if he left, this would be a material change an BB would have been required to issue a regulatory filing with the SEC, but I did not see one on sec.gov.
    That was exactly my thought as well. When I referenced the sort of things that can be released during quiet period, this is exactly the sort of material issue of fact that I would have expected.

Is it possible that he just divested himself of everything Blackberry, do to falling out with Chen, and solely concentrating on Cylance? Who knows.

What I don't like is it just reeks of another agenda-ized media release. One release, on one two-bit website at least I had never heard of before, and they take a couple leaps of faith to jump to conclusions that it means he's no longer with the company, then the fools over at stocktwits have taken it a step further to assume he was fired by Chen. When in reality it could have been something as pedestrian as selling shares and no longer being involved in BB. Again I don't know, I don't want to speculate without more info, but it seems like the sort of thing that could have been easily resolved one way or the other, and the fact that RBC didn't even make that token effort almost implies they didn't want to know the truth, as they had enough plausible deniability to run with him being out.
    09-20-19 08:49 AM

My guess is IF he left on 9/3 it wouldn't necessary be showing up on any filings this fast.

But the bottom line is most these guys get into it for the fun and the profit... once their startup goes corporate, they aren't around for long as they made their profit and corporate is not fun. Unless contractually they have to "be there" in some capacity for a fixed period of time.... usually six months to a year. Dan Doge stuck around QNX for the longest of any of BlackBerry's "buyouts" that I'm aware of.

With the small Amazing Tribe... the founders were the company. With Cylance... it's grown beyond what Stuart McClure worked on. Fundamentally I don't think it would affect what Cylance is and Chen's plans.
    09-20-19 08:51 AM

Nothing unusual here as he got his big check and now he wants to move onto something else. I wonder if the typical non-compete clause was included in the purchase agreement and if yes, we won't see him in the cybersecurity market for a while. They also usually have a defined term of continued employment for the senior staff which he would have to observe. I suppose his time obligation was up.

Nothing unexpected other than it's always initially unsettling to see the founding management leave the company.
    rarsen likes this.
    09-20-19 09:06 AM
    That was exactly my thought as well. When I referenced the sort of things that can be released during quiet period, this is exactly the sort of material issue of fact that I would have expected.

Is it possible that he just divested himself of everything Blackberry, do to falling out with Chen, and solely concentrating on Cylance? Who knows.

What I don't like is it just reeks of another agenda-ized media release. One release, on one two-bit website at least I had never heard of before, and they take a couple leaps of faith to jump to conclusions that it means he's no longer with the company, then the fools over at stocktwits have taken it a step further to assume he was fired by Chen. When in reality it could have been something as pedestrian as selling shares and no longer being involved in BB. Again I don't know, I don't want to speculate without more info, but it seems like the sort of thing that could have been easily resolved one way or the other, and the fact that RBC didn't even make that token effort almost implies they didn't want to know the truth, as they had enough plausible deniability to run with him being out.
    I can tell you that looking at the SEDI filings, it does not appear he sold anything, which would require a quick filing. I believe these 3.2 million shares are restricted as well, so they cannot be sold or may not vest until a specific time or condition of employment has been met.

https://chat-beta.ceo.ca/api/sedi/?i...uart%20Cartier
    09-20-19 09:07 AM
    This is interesting. I wonder if it means that the risk to current encryption technology is closer than previously thought.

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-rep...tum-supremacy/
    rarsen and Corbu like this.
    09-21-19 12:24 AM
    This is interesting. I wonder if it means that the risk to current encryption technology is closer than previously thought.

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-rep...tum-supremacy/
    From the article;
    "Quantum computing, which can simultaneously evaluate multiple possibilities, will likely be used for physics and chemistry simulations that aren't possible with classical computers, which can't simulate complex chemicals. They could also create new drugs and solar panels, help develop artificial intelligence and self-driving cars, and even manage investment portfolios."

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Can it finally help men understand women?
    09-21-19 03:11 AM
    From the article;
    "Quantum computing, which can simultaneously evaluate multiple possibilities, will likely be used for physics and chemistry simulations that aren't possible with classical computers, which can't simulate complex chemicals. They could also create new drugs and solar panels, help develop artificial intelligence and self-driving cars, and even manage investment portfolios."

Lol. Funny!
    rarsen and Corbu like this.
    09-21-19 06:18 AM
    Information on technologies:

5G Is for Show-Offs
    https://www.abacusnews.com/tech/bigg...rticle/3029685
    'The latest 5G handsets do not “future proof” users because the technology isn’t fully matured and will continue to evolve, while a new 4G handset will still be a leading-edge device in two years. Specifically, first-edition 5G phones can’t access millimeter wave bands that will be added in coming years to fulfill the technology’s high-speed, low-latency promise.
    At the same time, carmakers are looking to 5G’s speed for eventual use in guiding autonomous-driving vehicles, while surgeons are already performing remote procedures using the technology, which transmits data with virtually no lag time. Manufacturers intend to use 5G networks for automation, robotics and machine-learning systems.'

What is 5G
    https://www.abacusnews.com/who-what/...rticle/2134455
    Question: Anyone have any info on Huawei recently unveiled an urban trial of 5G wireless-to-the-home (WTTH) services in Vancouver, in partnership with Canadian carrier Telus?

Fingerprint theft from peace sign selfies?
    https://www.abacusnews.com/tech/can-...rticle/3027591
    Last edited by rarsen; 09-22-19 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Note: Correction on second article address
    Corbu, W Hoa and Bacon Munchers like this.
    09-21-19 07:23 AM
    From the article;

...would quantum computing help men understand women? That sounds like an oxymoron.
    09-21-19 02:35 PM
    Chen helps BlackBerry grow deeper in automotive

https://www.autonews.com/suppliers/c...per-automotive
    Corbu, rarsen, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    09-23-19 07:11 AM
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ist-1028544239

"The Top 10 cybersecurity vendors assisting MSSPs, in order of reader preference, are Fortinet, AT&T Cybersecurity, Cisco Systems, BlackBerry Cylance, Palo Alto Networks, Microsoft, SonicWall, Carbon Black, Tenable and Webroot (a Carbonite company)."
    rarsen, W Hoa and Greened like this.
    09-23-19 07:19 AM
    somebody that is good at math should be able to get a sense of what tomorrow will bring based on the numbers Chen gives in the above article
    09-23-19 07:22 AM
    09-23-19 07:22 AM
    09-23-19 07:42 AM
113,256 ... 43704371437243734374 ...