View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    After a nice long summer vaca, the absent ceo decided to show up and keep longs on their Tip pi toes for a few more years, never being able to rest assured of anything, just more fluff from the fluffer chen.

Prem on the other hand is assured his premiums will keep rolling in, no problems there with all the time in the world to spare.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-17-19 01:04 PM
    Still wondering why you keep showing up here with those types of comments, abwan11.

We get your point.
    Last edited by Corbu; 09-17-19 at 02:16 PM.
    YUUUUP, fanBBRY, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    09-17-19 01:29 PM
    Still wondering why you keep showing up here, abwan11.

We get your point.
    I think his posts are a great reminder that Blackberry continues to play the puff puff pass game without offering anything real. I don't think anyone can assert there was a turnaround here, this was a shred the old company, buy a bunch of pieces with the assets that hold all the value and throw a bunch of stuff together hoping it will stick. An article now going to CNBC where longs were bashing in the past, the last place Chen can seem to get any attention, not all positive at that continues to be full of conjecture. Tipping point? Stay Tuned, next quarter, turnaround complete - why does Chen believe he should repeat these fluff words then go quarters without delivering. What happened to quiet period many had alluded too, seems like he mentioned more of nothing on CNBC, more wasted opportunities. He's someone who has no control of the company, the messaging, no vision, simply opportunities lost.

Many other companies on the market have continued to double and gain revenue at an insane rate of speed, and here we have Watsa/Chen duo doing everything seemingly in their power to hammer down share price. Big disservice to any shareholder who stuck around, and now most left are insiders and friends of Chen's, the rest have left the building. Without abwan's post, this forum would be even more silent than Chen has been over the last 2 years, where you truly do begin to believe the company is dead. A bunch of pieces ready to be sold at more fire sale prices
    abwan11, elfabio80 and techvisor like this.
    09-17-19 01:44 PM
    Yes, we get those points as well, quite frankly. They have been repeated time and again. And again.

We also know full well that many companies have done much better over the last two, five, fifty years. That is stating the obvious. So, what's the point? No one forces anyone to buy shares of any company. Let alone this one.

How about you also consider contributing something constructive, on top of your criticisms, to which you are obviously entitled and which you are free to express.

I, for one, spend a lot of time here trying to locate information to the benefit of the community at large. Many others do as well and this is what makes this place unique. We help each other.

Opinions are fine but, frankly, who really cares and who knows what really happened in the past, why JC and BOD and PW did this or that and what the future holds. And who, among us, has any experience in turning around a large corporation?

One can speculate forever. I personally prefer facts. And then, I try and come up with a point of view. Which I generally keep to myself.
    Last edited by Corbu; 09-17-19 at 03:13 PM.
    09-17-19 02:02 PM
    Chen is undeserving of the crown he so proudly wears, that's undeniable at this point, then the question becomes who gave him this crown and why? And you begin to unravel the complexity of the reasoning behind it. There's no conspiracy here, it's all in the open, (if you care to see it for what it is), wrapped in a legal loophole that benefited the ones who initiated it. The culprits have the added benefit of the pumpers and believers, aiding in their plans and continuing to put forward all that sounds good. The truth no longer exists if the lies are allowed to run rampant.
    If you were to consider, for a moment, how much unsuspecting money has been lost on Chens word alone and how many ruined lives followed those losses, then maybe you could find it a worthy cause to help someone being lead to slaughter. As a parent would tell there children, "Don't go there, it's dangerous", is the message, and with good reason.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-17-19 04:08 PM
    What I can't understand is how these elitist pigs are held in such high regard here. Their whole business has been to dupe the dummies, and walk away, the financial world is based in it. What is it they've done for you to deserve any respect? Like having a neighbor who pisses on your lawn every chance he gets but you continue to respect the guy bc he drives a Porsche. Wtf

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-17-19 04:53 PM
    .... maybe you could find it a worthy cause to help someone being lead to slaughter. As a parent would tell there children, "Don't go there, it's dangerous", is the message, and with good reason.

Their whole business has been to dupe the dummies....
    Possibly....and I certainly can't speak for others, but just maybe your unabashed contempt and patronizing of most of us here starts to get under the skin.
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-17-19 06:30 PM
    Possibly....and I certainly can't speak for others, but just maybe your unabashed contempt and patronizing of most of us here starts to get under the skin.
    Ah.. I would consider myself one of those dummies and I wasn't referring to anyone here, I was generally speaking,.. if that helps any.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-17-19 07:50 PM
    Ah.. I would consider myself one of those dummies and I wasn't referring to anyone here, I was generally speaking,.. if that helps any.

Posted via CB10
    I can understand your frustration, but a lot of people who participate in stock threads on a fan site are investing $ because of an emotional investment in the brand (or in this case the country from which it hails). So people get why they are here. They aren’t dummies. They just put some money into a company which they hope will succeed. That was the OP’s point and why this thread exists.

So maybe it’s not necessary to pile on the frustration? You can put your money to use elsewhere and maybe that would be a better idea?
    rarsen, Greened, Hazo and 4 others like this.
    09-17-19 09:20 PM
    Corbu, Morgan, app_Developer, W Hoa, smithm565, Bacon Munchers, Chuck Finley69 and all the others who are nourishing this thread with intelligent and interesting information, ideas, thoughts.... I've just wanted to thank you all!

I've been invested in BB for many years, sometimes more and sometime less. While I also would have loved to see the SP to perform better, I'm very thankful to Prem's investment into BB as otherwise I don't believe that the company would still be around. I'm also very convinced that JC was the right person to steer the company through the turnaround and I'm also convinced that he is the right person to sail it into the growth phase. To turn the DNA of a collapsed, prestigious hardware company into a SW company is a herculean task for many reasons. I don't believe that every effort or acquisition made have been the bests but in retrospective this is easily said and without the inside knowledge still a guess to some degree.

I agree with app_Developer about "a lot of people who participate in stock threads on a fan site are investing $ because of an emotional investment in the brand" and that this was the OP point of this thread. However, in the meantime most have gotten over the old BB (well I still use a BB phone), have learned about the new products and see BB with different eyes, as a new company with new opportunities, hence it's become a real investment case.

I'm looking forward to exciting months ahead. I believe that the FQs/FYs are only becoming better and the SP will reflect it with trending upwards, maybe better than most hope for
    09-18-19 03:27 AM
    09-18-19 06:37 AM
    https://twitter.com/JohnChen/status/1174356342368284675

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-eewm3exx4aai00t.jpg
    Last edited by Corbu; 09-18-19 at 04:19 PM.
    smithm565, rarsen, dusdal and 1 others like this.
    09-18-19 12:10 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Cloud - AtHoc Services for Government has added another FedRAMP authorization (now 11) and an additional user (now 13):

"National Nuclear Security Administration / Nevada Field Office"

https://marketplace.fedramp.gov/#/pr...rt=productName
    09-18-19 03:52 PM
    I support bbry, I buy shares, is the title, ironic that the ceo doesn't have the same support for his own company as the title would suggests, Disney was a better buy for him I guess, considering he wouldn't have a interest in buying a company that has redistributed all the hard assets elsewhere, leaving shareholders with nothing but Chens mumbly words and a tone of risk. Seems more ironic that the lawsuit began at a time when all the money was spent, nothing tangible is there to take, should they be nailed with a judgement against or loose the counter suit. The only loses will be passed on to the fandom. Rock on cheny.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-18-19 03:58 PM
    Nikkei Asian Review article:
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Com...growth-in-Asia

When Sara Aiello and Coray Runge, BlackBerry marketing officials, arrived at Narita International Airport on Sept. 9, they found themselves stranded with 13,000 other travelers after strong typhoon led to public transport being almost completely shut down. The airport lounge and phone connections became quickly overwhelmed, and Aiello and Runge had to hitch a ride and travel on back roads to get to Tokyo. To stay in touch with company headquarters, they used BlackBerry's AtHoc, a crisis communication app.
    This paragraph might have been overlooked quickly by many in the media, but BB should be touting this for AtHoc service.
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-18-19 04:00 PM
    Scotia Earnings Preview

BB – Scotiabank: Cylance ARR + IoT Growth in Focus for Q2

OUR TAKE: Neutral. BlackBerry has seen a modest recovery in its share price heading into the release of its Q2/F20 results (pre-market release on Sept 24; conference call @ 8am), with VMWare's $2.1 billion acquisition of endpoint security provider Carbon Black helping to validate BlackBerry's acquisition of Cylance earlier in 2019. We believe the key focus heading into Q2 will be on: (1) Cylance ARR growth trajectory, (2) magnitude of sequential IoT revenue growth (and split between QNX vs. enterprise software), and (3) potential margin improvement given the integration of Cylance. Based on our math BlackBerry appears to be trading towards the lower end of its valuation range compared with the broader IT and software sector near multi-year highs. We believe the longer-term opportunity of incorporating Cylance's technology into BlackBerry's existing portfolio could position the firm to deliver improved organic revenue growth over the medium term, which combined with the positive outlook for IoT could support an increase to BlackBerry's valuation.

KEY POINTS Expecting >20% YoY growth in Cylance ARR. We will be largely focused on the firm's ARR growth at Cylance, with the firm having indicated that ARR increased ~30% in Q1/ F20 to ~$172 million. While we expect ARR growth to remain strong at >20% YoY in Q2, we note that we are expecting low- to mid-single growth on a sequential basis from Q1 given BlackBerry's Q2 falls in the slower selling summer months for enterprise software. Continued strong performance at Cylance could help support the stock and valuation, with our math suggesting Cylance is currently being valued at <7x EV/revenue on our F2021 estimates representing a discount to comparable growth SaaS peers

Design wins supportive of IoT growth in 2020. In our view, BlackBerry and QNX design wins in the automotive sector should begin translating into revenue over the next several years, with the company having announced a number of wins with key OEMs (e.g., Ford, Land Rover Jaguar) and Tier 1 suppliers (e.g., Renesas, DENSO) over the past several years. While the company delivered BTS growth in the mid-teens in Q1 (from the >20% range in F2019), our expectation remains for the segment to deliver improved double digit growth in 2H/F20 and F2021.
    rarsen, W Hoa, smithm565 and 1 others like this.
    09-19-19 08:53 AM
    Cylance is currently being valued at <7x EV/revenue
    In comparison: CRWD' s EV-to-Revenue

Current: 62.26x EV/revenue
    rarsen, Corbu, smithm565 and 1 others like this.
    09-19-19 10:46 AM
    In comparison: CRWD' s EV-to-Revenue

Current: 62.26x EV/revenue
    Indeed.

On the subject of CRWD, from JC:

09-19-19 11:11 AM
    Indeed.

On the subject of CRWD, from JC:

Chen talks like he's an Armchair CEO, he seems to forget who's supposed to be leading the ship. Bad leader through and through.
    abwan11 and techvisor like this.
    09-19-19 12:26 PM
    With respect to the title of the video "BlackBerry's Chen: We need to do a better job pursuing new business lines:.

I'd like to rename it to "BlackBerry's Chen: We need to do a better job".
    techvisor likes this.
    09-19-19 12:54 PM
    He's elaborating on shortcomings and opportunities in a calm, open and honest manner and this in June. Are you looking for a CEO who is boasting about products and contracts that are immature?

If you don't like his character, you should have moved away from BB at the moment he was hired as he has more or less been pretty consistent in all he did, which I believe is one of his personal qualities that legacy and new customer do appreciate.
    09-19-19 01:09 PM
    What's more irksome is why since the beginning of Chen's reign has the company become more about Chen than BlackBerry. Chen represents himself, BlackBerry is only a medium he uses to tar the company's image to expand his own influence.

The company could barely make a $1, what CEO says this BS?!!!! They were still making billions, can't say with so many other phone manufacturers that can bring many devices to market and don't seem to be in business solely to lose money. Instead we have this joke at the helm and in June 2019, talking about how in the next 5 years they will grow, no end in sight. What is more likely is they will continue to lack in any execution, continue to be mismanaged, other entrants and competitors will eat their lunch as has been the case, Chen will continue writing down assets giving them away to his friends at fire sale prices, or shuttering businesses completely while releasing 'new' products that are unproven, don't drive revenue, and end up throwing them away as their competitors do marvelously in the same products.

Chen is a disaster, I know many of you here have some sort of admiration or loyalty to him, but why when he's had none for you. His physical behaviour in the interview with Amber shows he's hiding something and there's dishonesty, his sweating and turning red gives it away. Just like tipping point, new buzzword to make others forget his many one liners - "stay tuned", "next quarter". Bad leadership on all fronts.
    abwan11 and techvisor like this.
    09-19-19 02:03 PM

🤣
    Corbu, FeitaInc and rarsen like this.
    09-19-19 03:25 PM
    He's elaborating on shortcomings and opportunities in a calm, open and honest manner and this in June. Are you looking for a CEO who is boasting about products and contracts that are immature?

If you don't like his character, you should have moved away from BB at the moment he was hired as he has more or less been pretty consistent in all he did, which I believe is one of his personal qualities that legacy and new customer do appreciate.
    But I'm a fan ! Really !

Chen has done a great job in getting Blackberry back to a viable sustainable business. It's just that when we're just about to see some results of the previous investments in new products and services, he seems to be faltering in delivering any real earnings. It's like they stopped dead on the point of success.

I will continue to invest in the company because I still believe it has much promise given their selected markets, it's just they seem to have built or bought all this capability and are now stalled at the start line.

Like his track record indicates, he needs to create a company with some measurable value so it can be transacted for a reasonable return on the investment in some near future date.

I suppose like many here, my frustrations are endless ! Get on with it already !
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-19-19 03:32 PM
    But I'm a fan ! Really !

Chen has done a great job in getting Blackberry back to a viable sustainable business. It's just that when we're just about to see some results of the previous investments in new products and services, he seems to be faltering in delivering any real earnings. It's like they stopped dead on the point of success.

I will continue to invest in the company because I still believe it has much promise given their selected markets, it's just they seem to have built or bought all this capability and are now stalled at the start line.

Like his track record indicates, he needs to create a company with some measurable value so it can be transacted for a reasonable return on the investment in some near future date.

I suppose like many here, my frustrations are endless ! Get on with it already !
    Coming Soon.....
    09-19-19 03:34 PM
113,256 ... 43694370437143724373 ...