View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT for those interested in security issues. Note: Trump was peeved at New York Times for disclosing Americans where doing similar dirty tricks in Russia. Games are been played rough:

U.S. Escalates Online Attacks on Russia’s Power Grid
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/15/u...ssia-grid.html
    The United States is stepping up digital incursions into Russia’s electric power grid in a warning to President Vladimir V. Putin and a demonstration of how the Trump administration is using new authorities to deploy cybertools more aggressively, current and former government officials said.

This 'most dangerous' hacking group is now probing power grids
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/this-m...g-power-grids/
    Threats to industrial control systems – the infrastructure that runs everything from power grids to factories and rail networks – are on the rise, according to security experts. "More capable adversaries are investing heavily in the ability to disrupt critical infrastructure like oil and gas, electric power, water, and more," said Dragos.

Updated with added reference:
    Cyberwarfare escalation just took a new and dangerous turn
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/cyberw...24037827013043
    Last edited by rarsen; 06-18-19 at 03:52 PM.
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    06-17-19 02:46 PM
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300870020.html
    BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Upgraded to Meet the Demands of the Hyperconnected Workforce

rarsen, W Hoa and morganplus8 like this.
    06-18-19 07:23 AM
    General News -- as the pieces of the puzzle are put into place, will become better known and favor increase in value for the investors:

Why Driverless Cars Matter to the Average Investor
    Baystreet.ca - Why Driverless Cars Matter to the Average Investor
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-18-19 09:27 AM
    Crwd touches 15 billion while chen couldn't touch his toes after 6 years. Rest assured longs the company is officially corrupt, thanks to those highly regarded insiders.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-19 10:43 AM
    Crwd touches 15 billion while chen couldn't touch his toes after 6 years. Rest assured longs the company is officially corrupt, thanks to those highly regarded insiders.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but BlackBerry isn't a start up or a new public offering... but you can bet that if CRWD keeps having operationally losses, the price won't stick for very long.

Do wonder if Cylance regrets not going Public.... but then we don't know what they knew about their own revenue, losses and projections. I don't think Chen bought Cylanc for their business, but for what integration of their products could do for BlackBerry's products to enhance BlackBerry's own products. Which is more a long term... investment.
    06-18-19 11:42 AM
    If your doing things the right way the share price would reflect it. If your playing games then the price will also reflect.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-18-19 11:48 AM
    From the link provided by "smithm565"

WASHINGTON, June 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) today announced its new BlackBerry Government Mobility Suite, which is a cloud-based endpoint management solution developed specifically for U.S. government agencies, has achieved Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Ready status.

This is more evidence of the (painfully) slow and steady march of Blackberry products being adopted by the U.S. government. In this case, it's the BlackBerry Government Mobility Suite based on UEM. This is probably a result of the recent creation of a separate Blackberry company to manage the U.S. government business and let's hope this is only the beginning.

While these small steps are always great to see, what really matters is the revenues they drive as disclosed in the quarterly earnings reports.

Everything else is just "heated atmospheric gases".
    Update:
    FEDRAMP Marketplace list status as " In-Process" on 6/13/19.

They also list (2) agencies currently using BB Gov Mobility Suite:
    - Department of Homeland Security
    - Migration & Customs Enforcement

https://marketplace.fedramp.gov/#/pr...rt=productName
    06-18-19 01:35 PM
    https://www.newswise.com/articles/st...cement-address
    Stuart McClure, Founder of Cylance, Urges Graduates to Never Give Up in Commencement Address
    06-18-19 01:57 PM
    06-18-19 03:15 PM
    General information for security files:

Protect your online identity now: Fight hackers with these 5 security safeguards
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/protec...24037827013043
    morganplus8 and Greened like this.
    06-18-19 03:42 PM
    I'm sure Stuart is kicking himself for getting into bed with Tex watsa and Charles Chen. Who could side with the Manson family after the murders?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-19 03:46 PM
    OTOH: SPHS had a nice pop (recovery) with no news...
    06-18-19 04:46 PM
    I'm sure Stuart is kicking himself for getting into bed with Tex watsa and Charles Chen. Who could side with the Manson family after the murders?
    It’s been six months.. wait six years and we’ll see who will be kicking who. Management at crwd probably have a lockup either way, and by the time that expires who knows what the price will be.

In other news, yeah I get you don’t like Prem and John, but there is zero reason to go on nagging about it on this thread.
    06-19-19 02:15 AM
    06-19-19 08:14 AM
    In other news, yeah I get you don’t like Prem and John, but there is zero reason to go on nagging about it on this thread.
    I do love these Don Quixote types who think their own opinions will somehow cause the world to change. Prem and John are here for the foreseeable future......get over it !

That said, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    06-19-19 08:38 AM
    If your doing things the right way the share price would reflect it. If your playing games then the price will also reflect.

Posted via CB10
    Referencing an earlier post where you mentioned about the iMac being a revolutionary Apple product released in the late 90s, I'll even go one better and mention the iPod which was an even bigger hit, possibly second only the the iPhone as the whole iTunes ecosystem was basically the first real cohesive platform for MP3 music, replacing a hodgepodge of pirate sites and other half baked attempts released just after the turn of the millennium.

You said then that "it was obvious that it was a hit, sales were good" etc etc.

Why then wasn't it reflected in the share price? It was several solid years after the release of the iPod, and the better part of a decade until (excluding the Y2k bubble) it broke out of the $1-2 channel and sustainably climbed higher? In fact after the release of the iPod and a solid 3 years after the release of the iMac, AAPL saw periods where (also like BB) despite having revolutionary products according to you, the share price was wholly halved in less than a year.

Much like BB, metrics and products are improving on every facet, yet the share price has literally been all over the place for the last 5 years, which little rational beyond the crash of summer of '13 when the stock was (rightly) decimated for very poor BB10 sales.
    06-19-19 01:12 PM
    https://blogs.blackberry.com/en/2019...droid-backdoor
    BlackBerry Devices Unaffected by Google-Confirmed Android Backdoor

06-19-19 04:15 PM
    smithm565, W Hoa, Greened and 1 others like this.
    06-19-19 04:38 PM
    https://blogs.blackberry.com/en/2019...droid-backdoor
    BlackBerry Devices Unaffected by Google-Confirmed Android Backdoor
    True. Security is secondary to most Android smartphone users so this news doesn't matter.
    Greened and elfabio80 like this.
    06-19-19 05:02 PM
    True. Security is secondary to most Android smartphone users so this news doesn't matter.
    You sure it's even on their radar?
    06-19-19 08:50 PM
    Steve first 6 years and first 2 products (iMac / ipod) with no aquisitions resulted ( as I remember it) in the share price doubling (12 to 25) as compared to Chens 6 years,10 products and multiple aquisitions with zero value added.
    Steves transition was clearly visible with those products as consumer mind share had multiplied by 10.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-20-19 05:54 AM
    Steve first 6 years and first 2 products (iMac / ipod) with no aquisitions resulted ( as I remember it) in the share price doubling (12 to 25) as compared to Chens 6 years,10 products and multiple aquisitions with zero value added.
    Steves transition was clearly visible with those products as consumer mind share had multiplied by 10.

Posted via CB10
    Consumer market is where the real potential is.... as solid and great as BlackBerry Enterprise business is, it is boring.

But where Chen has BlackBerry is much better than where it could have ended up.... Simple reality is it's probable not a company to invest in for the long term, better for trading on the almost clock work bounces. Frustrating yes, but not really Chen's fault.
    06-20-19 07:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    In an IPO, the price has little to do with the right way. It’s about the sellers believing share price can be maxed out in a monetizing event. If priced right it shouldn’t trade beyond 10% +/- outside IPO valuation for 30-90 days unless the % floated shares is minuscule and that raises different set of questions.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-20-19 07:20 AM
    From Zacks ;

Analysts Estimate BlackBerry (BB) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for

This cybersecurity software and services company is expected to post quarterly earnings of $0.01 per share in its upcoming report, which represents a year-over-year change of -66.7%.

Revenues are expected to be $249.12 million, up 14.8% from the year-ago quarter.
    I'm rather taken aback by this negative estimate. At $249M in revenue seems to be saying Cylance revenues will have no effect on the earnings not to mention any organic growth from last quarter. In fact, this really represents a material decline.

While I maybe deluding myself (not surprisingly) with my incredulous reaction, does anyone else have any other opinions on the coming Q1 earnings?
    06-20-19 08:32 AM
    I'm rather taken aback by this negative estimate. At $249M in revenue seems to be saying Cylance revenues will have no effect on the earnings not to mention any organic growth from last quarter. In fact, this really represents a material decline.

While I maybe deluding myself (not surprisingly) with my incredulous reaction, does anyone else have any other opinions on the coming Q1 earnings?
    It's possible the inclusion of Cylance revenue may result in the top line getting a significant boost, while causing a drop in EPS due to the expenses that come along with those revenues.

without a citation, I believe Cylance had a net loss of 125mln. So add in some costs associated with acquisition and we could see a bit of an ugly EPS this ER.
    Corbu, morganplus8 and W Hoa like this.
    06-20-19 08:41 AM
113,256 ... 43414342434343444345 ...