View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    "I'm sure he's a friend of yours because you left seadoggs comments towards me out of your complaint, seems to happen a lot around here. Take another look at who took the first shot."

You simply don't get it, abwan11.

I believe there is room for all sorts of viewpoints in here. Whether we agree or not with them is besides the point.

I speak only for myself but as much as I welcome what you have to say, I have an issue with your tone. I'd say "Leave the attitude at the door" if you want to engage in a healthy debate and gain the respect of others.

But hey, it's up to you.
    I hear you, my comments, if reviewed, are negatively skewed toward management not members, but It invites personal attacks by members and I have to defend myself.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    05-15-19 05:54 PM
    "I hear you, my comments, if reviewed, are negatively skewed toward management not members, but It invites personal attacks by members and I have to defend myself."

Very well. Let me say this, then, in the hope that we can understand one another and set conditions for a healthy debate that will be good all parties here: I am of the opinion that you would not be as exposed to attacks from members of this board if you - yourself - were a bit less, shall we say, "agressive".

It is a matter of form and substance. Whether we agree or not with the substance is besides the point. We should all benefit from a multiplicity of views. I believe that if you work on the "form" aspect of your message, you will go a long way in getting heard and not simply disregarded as someone who is abrasive and whose ideas - therefore - are not even worth reading.

Consider this: we are all busy, have tons to do and people to care for. So, let's try and avoid any undue aggravation by remaining courteous and respectful. I think it would be to everyone's benefit.

My two cents. GL
    05-15-19 06:11 PM
    Through asset restructuring and revenue buying of competitors. The primary sources of BB revenue in 2012-2013 are practically nonexistent through obsolescence in 2018-2019 time-frame. You're comparing apples to blackberries.
    Yearly revenue of legacy products was still measured in billions( 1.5-2b) until 2016. I think q4 16 revenue was approaching half a billion alone. That's many years after the upset. I would guess a 1/4 of that was from newer services, but even that comes into question at this point.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-19 06:24 PM
    "I hear you, my comments, if reviewed, are negatively skewed toward management not members, but It invites personal attacks by members and I have to defend myself."

Very well. Let me say this, then, in the hope that we can understand one another and set conditions for a healthy debate that will be good all parties here: I am of the opinion that you would not be as exposed to attacks from members of this board if you - yourself - were a bit less, shall we say, "agressive".

It is a matter of form and substance. Whether we agree or not with the substance is besides the point. We should all benefit from a multiplicity of views. I believe that if you work on the "form" aspect of your message, you will go a long way in getting heard and not simply disregarded as someone who is abrasive and whose ideas - therefore - are not even worth reading.

Consider this: we are all busy, have tons to do and people to care for. So, let's try and avoid any undue aggravation by remaining courteous and respectful. I think it would be to everyone's benefit.

My two cents. GL
    Understood,

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, dusdal and smithm565 like this.
    05-15-19 06:37 PM
    Yearly revenue of legacy products was still measured in billions( 1.5-2b) until 2016. I think q4 16 revenue was approaching half a billion alone. That's many years after the upset. I would guess a 1/4 of that was from newer services, but even that comes into question at this point.

Posted via CB10
    The legacy device sales, primarily BB10, were built into those figures and were responsible for negative cash flow on every device sold. It was always, how much could we then minimize the negative cash flow while meeting purchase obligations?

That's why after dropping hardware, the revenue figure drops and yet cash flow has improved. BTW, Apple was in bad shape too but their position would be like having circulatory issues with imminent stroke or heart attack with family member paying for health/diet coach. BlackBerry Was in bad shape with cancer and required surgery, chemotherapy and radiation treatment all required.

Mike L put a bid in against Prem/Chen with some other founding management. Chen wasn't in the Jobs position. His position is the guy that Apple would have chosen had Jobs found Apple in such a position as to walk away from the company he founded.

Apples to Blackberries is sounding trendy.
    rarsen, Greened and Bacon Munchers like this.
    05-15-19 06:43 PM
    Your right,

But,

If Chen or Prem or whoever is driven this thing, had the opportunity to run this, which they did, any way they wanted to, which they did, why wasn't that enough. Why are we paying them to do it? You have control of everything, know ones going to run away with it. You have a controlling board seat, with everything at your command, basically, but it wasn't enough.

Without that debt all else the same,
    They would have been in the black years ago.
    Leaves me suspicious of everything they do and say. And I feel righfully so.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    05-15-19 08:07 PM
    These guys are kings of numbers, they know how to present them and how to manipulate them. This last quarter is another example of stories in numbers that fall off seemingly unnoticed and accounted for.

Doesn't go over well when we can't look back over the past 6 years and say
    " that was the inflection point. "

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    05-15-19 08:27 PM
    05-15-19 10:28 PM
    I noticed there are a few fans of Apple (stock?) commenting on this thread and I just wanted to point out that in their last number of quarters the only product producing any real revenues is the iPhone.

The iWatch, iPad and Apple TV are all producing relatively very little revenues and you could really say Apple is now a one product company. Last quarter saw a drop in iPhone sales which has been a growing trend over the last year as the market reacts to the new $1K+ iPhones in a market where $500 gets you a pretty nice Android device. In fact as further proof all is not well, they have announced they will no longer provide device sales numbers in future quarterly reporting. If this mainstay product begins to lose its mass appeal, they will be in serious trouble in the long term.

I don't believe they are in any immediately trouble but I can see them struggling to maintain revenues at these stratospheric levels unless some of their other products start producing.
    Greened, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    05-15-19 10:34 PM
    As a follow-up to my earlier post on the Twitter IP case, some interesting comments here:
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-twitter.shtml
    05-16-19 05:48 AM
    BlackBerry and Nexty Electronics Collaborate to Develop Secure, Safety-Critical Embedded Solutions

https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/economy/0...117632327.html

https://www.nexty-ele.com/english/wp...20190516-1.pdf

NEXTY Electronics Corporation of the Toyota Tsusho Group (“NEXTY Electronics”;
    Headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President: Atsushi Aoki) and BlackBerry Limited
    (“Blackberry”; Headquarters: Ontario, Canada; President: John Chen NYSE: BB,TSX: BB)
    announced that we have entered into a BlackBerry QNX Distributor and Value-Added
    Integrator (VAI) partnership agreement in Japan. This agreement will enable NEXTY
    Electronics to participate in the VAI program offered by BlackBerry QNX, utilize the
    training from BlackBerry’s QNX and Certicom technology experts to provide related
    technical support to NEXTY Electronics' customers.

Props to SH.
    05-16-19 07:50 AM
    OT for those with Privacy and Security concerns:

'WhatsApp will never be safe': Telegram boss attacks Facebook-owned messaging app
    https://news.yahoo.com/whatsapp-neve...131051042.html
    A huge security flaw with WhatsApp that compromised the privacy of 1.5 billion users this week will not be the last and may not even be the worst incident of its kind, the founder of rival messaging app Telegram has warned.
    05-16-19 10:57 AM
    As a follow-up to my earlier post on the Twitter IP case, some interesting comments here:
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-twitter.shtml
    I stopped reading after the first few comments. Talk about trolling....this guy is an idiot!
    rarsen and FeitaInc like this.
    05-16-19 02:34 PM
    I stopped reading after the first few comments. Talk about trolling....this guy is an idiot!

Yeah, the genius apparently does not understand how patents work.
    Likewise to all the others' who think that BlackBerry should do all the design and engineering just so that other companies can swoop in and 'borrow' the hard work.

Reminds of those individuals who skirt the long on-ramp line to the big highway by driving in the other lane until the very on-ramp. Then they gracefully signal, wave, and bud in front of the poor guy who had to wait 45 minutes to get there.
    Greened, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    05-16-19 10:48 PM
    These lawsuits are really a test for what happens when small innovators create technologies that are ultimately integrated into a larger more successful company's product. This sets up a scenario where the "offending" party has the deep pockets and can mount a robust defence for a matter that either win or lose will not materially affect them. The aggrieved parties are typically smaller and/or damaged looking to offset the loss of market share and to recoup the success they should have received.

In the case of Blackberry, BBM was a pioneer in large format social media platforms and established much of the basic technologies that enabled these mammoth social media platforms to establish their market dominance. I find it morally reprehensible that these hugely successful players don't want to acknowledge BBM's contribution to their own success and share a small portion of their revenues with the original creators.

It's like Boeing saying the Wright Brothers had nothing to do with enabling their aircraft business.

I suppose human greed is simply too strong for these companies to control and makes seeing the bigger picture difficult, if not impossible.
    dusdal, Hazo and FeitaInc like this.
    05-17-19 09:28 AM
    OT but this being the weekend and thinking of the grumpies occasionally on this site, wanted to mention that we have lost the original Grumpy Cat. Here is a photo with Georgia May Jagger which should soften the grief of this universal lost:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-grummy-cat-model.jpg
    https://news.yahoo.com/grumpy-cat-dead-093131587.html
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-17-19 07:06 PM
    OT but this being the weekend and thinking of the grumpies occasionally on this site, wanted to mention that we have lost the original Grumpy Cat. Here is a photo with Georgia May Jagger which should soften the grief of this universal lost:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grummy Cat with Model.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	444434
    https://news.yahoo.com/grumpy-cat-dead-093131587.html
    Which one is grumpy cat in the picture?
    05-18-19 10:25 AM
    Comment of the the year my friend! Lol!
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    05-18-19 10:52 AM
    Is there a cat in this picture ???
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    05-18-19 01:32 PM
    05-19-19 06:21 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49913224_141029930183126_8015831961660461326_n.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	444472
    Happy Kitties are much better than Grumpy Cats, so I'm appreciative.....
    rarsen, elfabio80 and morganplus8 like this.
    05-19-19 06:36 PM
    @seadog

"Everyone knew it" ,except you.

Within a year of Jobs arrival at apple he launches The iMac, a success right from the start. Sales went through the roof, and for some time, iMac was the #1 computer sold in the US.

Pretty good for a few days on the job, you think?

As compared to Chens hocus pocus approach ..6 years in.

Posted via CB10
    **** your ****!!!! Mobile phone wasn't created by Apple. **** you!!!!!
    05-19-19 06:39 PM
    Dog house is better reading ****!!!!
    05-19-19 06:41 PM
    OT:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48330310
    Google restricts Huawei's use of Android
    05-19-19 10:09 PM
    OT:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48330310
    Google restricts Huawei's use of Android
    Hmmmm....an opportunity to license BB10 to them perhaps?
    FeitaInc likes this.
    05-20-19 02:23 AM
113,256 ... 43364337433843394340 ...