View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I agree with the generally negative sentiments regarding Blackberry chasing the ever fickle consumer market....yet again ! In my view Blackberry needs to continue to focus on the corporate regulated markets and being a product portfolio tier 1 industry supplier.

Forget chasing the "angry bird" user market as it's quickly becoming a commoditized marketplace which Apple is now beginning to see.
    Corporate Regulated Markets.... aren't buying. The Chinese factor along with the "will they be around", along with poor sales and support options. Just don't make TCL's phones good options. Samsung is just as secure, it's available from most any sales channel currently being used and replacement devices are hours away. Apple with it's long update cycle and thus longer life cycle is a great value. Security... it's all in the UEM.

That one Canadian bank has announced they'll support BlackBerry... probable a more political/financial move than a security based one.

BBMo customers... is people that want the PKB experience.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-30-19 09:38 AM
    Corporate Regulated Markets.... aren't buying. The Chinese factor along with the "will they be around", along with poor sales and support options. Just don't make TCL's phones good options. Samsung is just as secure, it's available from most any sales channel currently being used and replacement devices are hours away. Apple with it's long update cycle and thus longer life cycle is a great value. Security... it's all in the UEM.

That one Canadian bank has announced they'll support BlackBerry... probable a more political/financial move than a security based one.

BBMo customers... is people that want the PKB experience.
    I have just started a Crackberry forum called the preachers forum. I think its a great fit for you.

Thank GOD for beer!!!

I go from reading a great post from Corbu and then I have to read yours!!!!!!!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 01-30-19 at 06:39 PM.
    01-30-19 05:14 PM
    Concentrate on this, bbjdog!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-49466847_556852681456770_5715935445644198995_n.jpg

Properly designed hardware...
    Andy_bb_king, rarsen, Hazo and 3 others like this.
    01-30-19 07:42 PM
    Sweet phone she has in her hand!!!!
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    01-30-19 07:59 PM
    Sweet phone she has in her hand!!!!
    Lucky phone....
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-31-19 12:28 PM
    Lucky phone....
    LMHO
    01-31-19 01:25 PM
    Some background info on Bryan Palma

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/s...vcapId=1624102

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-31-19 02:49 PM
    Dell has dropped Cylance in favour of Crowdstrike. I wonder what the revenue impact will be.
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    02-03-19 03:40 AM
    02-03-19 03:41 AM
    General weekend reading:
    All you need to know about every 5G phone confirmed so far (Updated January 28)
    https://www.androidauthority.com/best-5g-phones-926740/
    Several notable Android OEMs have yet to address the looming dawn of 5G at all.
    Blackberry licensee TCL also hasn’t addressed the 5G question, nor have Acer or Asus — the latter is partnered with Qualcomm, though.

Older article but with pertinent information:
    5G is a golden opportunity for Chinese OEMs
    https://www.androidauthority.com/5g-...e-oems-810851/
    It’s not surprising China is making such large investments into 5G – the country is the world’s largest smartphone and carrier market by subscribers, followed by India and then the US. Market research firm CCS Insight anticipates there will be more than 1 billion 5G users online by 2023. Half of them will likely be based in China.
    5G isn’t just about hardware, it will also enable new connected use cases across consumer and enterprise markets. Back in Febuary 2016, China Mobile jointly launched its 5G Innovation Centre, focusing on IoT, the Internet of Vehicles, industrial internet, cloud robotics, and VR/AR. China’s Alibaba, Baidu, and Tencent are working on 5G enabled autonomous driving, entertainment, cloud services, and other areas, with timetables in place for when these services will be viable.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-03-19 07:24 AM
    Hi Morgan,
    Some car information in case you missed it.

Morgan's Upcoming 'Wide Body' Has a New Powertrain
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news...ge=BBT1jCp_1|2
    The Electric Morgan Three-Wheeler You Love Has Been Postponed
    https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...een-postponed/

Having bought a KEY2 you had asked for feed-back after my getting used to it. In the two months since acquiring it, have been in a perfect storm of work activity so didn’t have that much time to compare it in deep detail. But overall, quite pleased with my choice of KEY2 filling my needs (mainly business, international security and some experimentation) with absolutely no buyer’s remorse, even with a learning curve not completed yet. Certain apps I miss like a full Blend, etc. but probably will eventually find work-arounds. But my Passport at this time is still used as a secondary phone (ability of exchanging SIM card as same size), also very useful for photos of our house renovations as I slowly convert (no choice) from my BB10 usage. Sorry for the 2 cents answer versus the 2 dollars one, slowly reaching a more reasonable backlog and again seeking to enjoy passing time.
    Keep up the good work, remain healthy and enjoy life with a car with character. You've got mail.
    Last edited by rarsen; 02-05-19 at 06:12 AM.
    02-04-19 09:29 AM
    Dell has dropped Cylance in favour of Crowdstrike. I wonder what the revenue impact will be.
    Impact.... who know.

Dell hasn't dropped Cylance, they just are moving in another direction and won't be offering it as their centerpiece anymore... Seems that they are trying to keep things more in house.
    02-04-19 11:54 AM
    Google has roughly $109 billion in cash. To take BlackBerry for over $30/ sh would only run them about $15 billion. They get BB, Cylance, Radar, QNX, patents, Good Technology, Athoc, Certicom, Secusmart, Movirtu, Watch Dox, Encription Ltd, etc.

I believe Chen has been building this company into a strong acquisition target for a larger company to enhance or solidly there enterprise foothold. Is Google willing to lose BlackBerry to Microsoft?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/googl...230634381.html

"With former Oracle executive Thomas Kurian replacing Diane Greene as Alphabet's new head of cloud, rumors are swirling about possible big acquisitions in the enterprise software space."

Posted via CB10
    02-04-19 08:02 PM
    Google has roughly $109 billion in cash. To take BlackBerry for over $30/ sh would only run them about $15 billion. They get BB, Cylance, Radar, QNX, patents, Good Technology, Athoc, Certicom, Secusmart, Movirtu, Watch Dox, Encription Ltd, etc.

I believe Chen has been building this company into a strong acquisition target for a larger company to enhance or solidly there enterprise foothold. Is Google willing to lose BlackBerry to Microsoft?

"With former Oracle executive Thomas Kurian replacing Diane Greene as Alphabet's new head of cloud, rumors are swirling about possible big acquisitions in the enterprise software space."

Posted via CB10
    In my experience, corporate IT does not hold Google in a high regard. Buying BB and putting all of their corporate efforts under the BB brand would be a very good move imho.
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 02-05-19 at 03:19 AM.
    02-05-19 02:23 AM

Posted via CB10

I do believe Chen has all along wanted to package up BlackBerry and sell it. But that didn't happen in 2013, so I wouldn't get my hopes up in 2019. Google's investors would want to know how they'd convert that $15 billion purchase into profits... that would be a tough sell with the hodge·podge that is BlackBerry.

Chen can't sell BlackBerry investor on BB being worth $30ish... not sure how they'd sell Google investor on it.
    02-05-19 07:43 AM
    I do believe Chen has all along wanted to package up BlackBerry and sell it. But that didn't happen in 2013, so I wouldn't get my hopes up in 2019. Google's investors would want to know how they'd convert that $15 billion purchase into profits... that would be a tough sell with the hodge·podge that is BlackBerry.

Chen can't sell BlackBerry investor on BB being worth $30ish... not sure how they'd sell Google investor on it.
    I think there are many external reasons/forces holding BB Stock in check. Many things are starting to come together. Chen has established a bar with his contract of what he/Watsa believe this company is (will be) valued at. They have exited the less profitable business areas and have focused on building a foundation around enterprise privacy and connected device security. With the lines blurred between work and personal space when it comes to devices and software, the endless security breaches are pushing people to demand better security and protections on data, which will in turn cause regulators to pressure/fine/charge big data collectors, forcing them to adapt or fail. It could mean life or death for a company who cannot be trusted by their customers, employees, and business partners.
    With deep pockets, filled with cash, I believe a company like Google or Microsoft can quickly expand on what BlackBerry has started.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-19 08:30 AM
    I think there are many external reasons/forces holding BB Stock in check. Many things are starting to come together. Chen has established a bar with his contract of what he/Watsa believe this company is (will be) valued at. They have exited the less profitable business areas and have focused on building a foundation around enterprise privacy and connected device security. With the lines blurred between work and personal space when it comes to devices and software, the endless security breaches are pushing people to demand better security and protections on data, which will in turn cause regulators to pressure/fine/charge big data collectors, forcing them to adapt or fail. It could mean life or death for a company who cannot be trusted by their customers, employees, and business partners.
    With deep pockets, filled with cash, I believe a company like Google or Microsoft can quickly expand on what BlackBerry has started.

Posted via CB10
    Thing is... Google, Microsoft, IBM, VMware, SAP... they are already expanding in these same areas. BlackBerry isn't alone in the Enterprise Security market.

Does BlackBerry have something that they don't already have? Or can't obtain via a less costly route.... like just licensing it from BlackBerry?

I'm just saying $15 Billion is a lot to pay, and would need to be justified in the form of some kinda of quick return. I don't see that, so I don't see a $15 Billion valuation nor a good fit for someone... even at a more fair valuation of say $7 Billion
    FeitaInc likes this.
    02-05-19 08:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes and so who is surprised at this ? Not me.

I think if a good offer is made to Fairfield Holdings the company will be sold. BB cannot survive on its own forever and will need to find a home at some point. $30 per share is probably the number today but I suspect the price will increase as the many efforts currently underway start to bite.

At least that's my very biased self-serving view.
    02-05-19 10:35 AM
    Lots of call options trading today, mostly at the ask and out of the money:
    March & April $10 strike & Jan. 2021 $12.5 & $15 strikes.
    Someone expects or worried that SP is going much higher

Posted via CB10
    02-05-19 02:11 PM
    Rumour mill running on all four wheels. Lol
    02-05-19 05:05 PM
    rarsen, kellyweng88 and La Emperor like this.
    02-05-19 06:55 PM
    rarsen, kellyweng88 and La Emperor like this.
    02-05-19 06:56 PM
    The Korea Times

Simple solution to technology trust crisis
    by John Chen

As the internet of things (IoT) sits on the precipice of revolutionizing how we live and work, the world is facing a trust crisis. The blame is all too easily placed on bad actors, such as hackers, however the truth is this is a crisis that is borne by institutional leaders.

First, let's consider the meaning of trust in the context of technology. Trust in the connected world is built on two things; security and privacy. Can we as individuals trust that the device we are using, whether a smartphone, a smart home appliance or a connected car, is truly secure? Do we have any confidence that our personal data is not being used or sold without our consent?

Many leaders, namely CEOs and government officials, are participating in the rhetoric on security and privacy. The conversation is more common than ever before and there are even conferences dedicated to discussing the problem and possible solutions. Trust though is not built by talk. Trust is based on evidence, evidence that comes together to form trustworthiness.

The answer to the crisis is a simple one. We must own our individual data and be given the transparent choice to monetize or otherwise leverage it. The problem only becomes complex when organizations put profits before ethics.

Governments can enable the solution as they have the authority to put legislation in place that sets the ownership of personal data in the individuals' hands. To meaningfully address the issue, the legislation must proactively protect personal data and not just reactively enforce penalties on organizations when data is compromised.

It is the economic, social and ethical responsibility of technology leaders to build security and privacy into their products by design. The ask is not a tall one. First, build products that have security ingrained in each layer of the product and commit to no backdoors. Second, respect that an individual's personal data is theirs and do not profit from the data or use it without their consent, which must be transparently obtained.

Today, many players in the technology industry associate data with profits and may need to re-imagine their business models without it. In actuality sustainable value is mutual, between the industry and end users, and is enabled by trust. It is well-noted that there is a very strong positive relationship between trust and GDP and it is natural to assume this correlation will only grow.

The benefits of being increasingly connected are vast, from improving the detection and treatment of disease, to enabling developing countries to grow and many more applications that have not yet even been explored or defined. Leaders have a responsibility to build credible trust between technology and people, for this potential to be realized.

John Chen is the chairman and CEO of BlackBerry.
    02-06-19 06:40 AM
    This may have been posted already, but I thought it was interesting that after all the hostility toward BlackBerry, from Morgan Stanley, that they have now put at least $23,000,000 of there own money into it.

https://theolympiareport.com/2019/01...ry-ltd-bb.html

Posted via CB10
    02-06-19 07:50 AM
    Hi Morgan,
    Some car information in case you missed it.

Morgan's Upcoming 'Wide Body' Has a New Powertrain
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news...ge=BBT1jCp_1|2
    The Electric Morgan Three-Wheeler You Love Has Been Postponed
    https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...een-postponed/

Having bought a KEY2 you had asked for feed-back after my getting used to it. In the two months since acquiring it, have been in a perfect storm of work activity so didn’t have that much time to compare it in deep detail. But overall, quite pleased with my choice of KEY2 filling my needs (mainly business, international security and some experimentation) with absolutely no buyer’s remorse, even with a learning curve not completed yet. Certain apps I miss like a full Blend, etc. but probably will eventually find work-arounds. But my Passport at this time is still used as a secondary phone (ability of exchanging SIM card as same size), also very useful for photos of our house renovations as I slowly convert (no choice) from my BB10 usage. Sorry for the 2 cents answer versus the 2 dollars one, slowly reaching a more reasonable backlog and again seeking to enjoy passing time.
    Keep up the good work, remain healthy and enjoy life with a car with character. You've got mail.
    Rarsen, thank you for the links!

I have to say something about Morgan cars as they are my favourite car of all time. That wide body model looks great, but it will take my license away and not let me drive again for months. There is something about driving a Morgan that sets it apart from others. Its the only car that lets you drive like a race car driver and then allows you to pull up to any A&W and set your root beer mug on the pavement while still in the car. The other thing I found is that if you are lucky enough to find a spouse in life who places fun ahead of how they look at speed, marry them right away. I lost plenty of dates to my Morgan over the years, women can be so vain. Finally, I also learned that just because the police pull you over all the time it doesn't mean "they're out to get you" as they are allowed to admire things & be curious too but they often have a disturbing why to let you know this. I owned my first Morgan at the young age of 19, I used my freshman University money to buy it and promptly got a job to make ends meet. Five years later, once out of school, I told my family and friends what I did. So thanks for posting something to this thread re: Morgan.

As per the KEY2, as you know, I'm sporting the KEYone Black Edition and love it. I use both SIMS, one is for the Fido 3gb data sim and the other is Public Mobile and they work great to give me endless calls/messages on Voip.ms, CSipSimple & TextNow for a grand total of $ 8.00/month!

My Fido data is free for one year, my Public Mobile is $8/month on their bare bones plan. I still use another phone for the US because I boat into US waters; I need several SIMs. Soon my free data will jump to $7.50/month so that bill is going to appreciate far more than BlackBerry stock is expected to do this year for sure. I chose PM because they have a cell tower 400 yards away from my dock. I'm assured that I'll get great coverage while out on the lake so that's a deal maker for me.

Glad to hear your KEY2 is working out for you and let's hope you can make use of that second SIM soon too! GL
    02-06-19 09:03 AM
113,256 ... 43094310431143124313 ...