View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    General information but a useful reminder to remain safe out there, avoid facilitating their sordid work:

20 Cyber Security Secrets Hackers Don’t Want You to Know
    https://www.rd.com/advice/work-caree...hacker-tricks/
    Computer hackers have lots of tools to threaten your internet security, but these tips from cybersecurity experts can help protect your privacy.

10 Online Scams You Need to Be Aware of—and How to Avoid Them
    https://www.rd.com/advice/saving-mon...-online-scams/
    Last edited by rarsen; 01-16-19 at 08:07 AM.
    W Hoa, morganplus8, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    01-16-19 07:37 AM
    John Chen video from RBC is posted on their FB page:

https://m.facebook.com/pg/rbc/posts/...ernal&mt_nav=0

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by smithm565; 01-16-19 at 01:18 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, FeitaInc and 2 others like this.
    01-16-19 10:56 AM
    01-16-19 12:28 PM
    John Chen video from RBC is posted on their FB page:

https://m.facebook.com/pg/rbc/posts/...ernal&mt_nav=0

Posted via CB10
    good talk, but would have been super nice with a 2x button.
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    01-16-19 02:40 PM
    Not all that exclusive of a list... in only a few months they have managed to qualify almost 5000 devices (did not know there were that many models out there). I think if you make and Android phone, you get added to it...
    techvisor likes this.
    01-16-19 02:44 PM
    https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/01/16/b...-conversation/
    John Chen is proud of BlackBerry’s software and security pivot

The BlackBerry CEO touched on the global smartphone industry, his company’s pivot to software and global free trade

+ Video of today's event
    rarsen, W Hoa, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    01-16-19 08:27 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    OT: liking the movement on SPHS and Eypt today!... hope it's a precursor to great things this year! Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-19 02:19 PM
    Hi all, I read this forum often, but only post occationally. Wondering what everyone thinks. It seems at these levels, BB should be buying back a lot of stock. Does anyone know if that's happening? If not, what might be the rationale?
    01-17-19 03:52 PM
    Hi all, I read this forum often, but only post occationally. Wondering what everyone thinks. It seems at these levels, BB should be buying back a lot of stock. Does anyone know if that's happening? If not, what might be the rationale?
    I don't think buying back stock is good use of money at this time given they just spent 1.4B in cash. Best to build back balance sheet and pay off debt.
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-17-19 04:17 PM
    I don't think buying back stock is good use of money at this time given they just spent 1.4B in cash. Best to build back balance sheet and pay off debt.
    Interesting read mate, cheers!!!!!
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    01-17-19 05:40 PM
    Interesting...thanks for the response. I was thinking with their positive cash flow and decision not to integrate the companies, they didn't need as much in the bank and could get a great return. Hmmmm...
    01-17-19 06:01 PM
    BlackBerry Joins the Velos Media Licensing Platform
    Jan 18, 2019, 10:00am EST
    Increasing the number of standard-essential patents covered, the Velos Media platform continues to drive the adoption of the HEVC technology

PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)

Today, Velos Media announced that BlackBerry has joined the platform and will make its entire portfolio of standard-essential HEVC patents available for license through the Velos Media marketplace. Velos Media continues to offer a simplified, one-license solution to product manufacturers by now bringing together the patent portfolios of six leading global technology companies who have made many of the most significant contributions to the HEVC standard.

“We are happy to have BlackBerry join the Velos Media licensing platform and further enhance access to important HEVC innovations that enable consumers to enjoy richer video experiences,” said Fred Telecky, president Velos Media.

For those who are unfamiliar with HEVC it is
    High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2, a video compression standard, one of several potential successors to the widely used AVC (H.264 or MPEG-4)

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...20190118005276
    01-18-19 10:12 AM
    BlackBerry Joins the Velos Media Licensing Platform
    Jan 18, 2019, 10:00am EST
    Increasing the number of standard-essential patents covered, the Velos Media platform continues to drive the adoption of the HEVC technology

Good find.
    It would be nice to hear if BlackBerry provides some guidance here; perhaps giving us a case-use example and the expected income/clientele. Also, I wonder how many of the 44,000 patents relate to video compression....

It's a soft approach to what BlackBerry has had to do this past few years with having to sue companies that would rather steal their Intellectual Property... no names mentioned.
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    01-18-19 11:34 AM
    From my TD alerts

For Mrs Morgan !!!!!!!

BRIEF-Eyepoint Pharmaceuticals Entered Into At Market Issuance Sales Agreement With B. Riley FBR2019-01-18 05:03:04 PM ET (Reuters)

Jan 18 (Reuters) - EyePoint Pharmaceuticals Inc:

* EYEPOINT PHARMACEUTICALS -ON JAN 18, ENTERED INTO AT MARKET ISSUANCE SALES AGREEMENT WITH B. RILEY FBR, WITH AGGREGATE OFFERING PRICE OF UP TO $20 MILLION Source text: [https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...2973-index.htm Further company coverage: ([email protected])
    Last edited by bbjdog; 01-18-19 at 05:02 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    01-18-19 04:20 PM
    Good phone....not so good movie.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbatthe-movies.jpg
    Corbu, morganplus8 and JLagoon like this.
    01-19-19 11:16 AM
    Hope my mates are having a great weekend!!!

Can anyone on this thread tell me why my Blackberry Motion needs one hundred updates a month???? Is it information going out instead of coming in? How much I miss my BB10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Corbu, FeitaInc and morganplus8 like this.
    01-19-19 05:45 PM
    I get an update once every few months
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    01-19-19 05:59 PM
    I get an update once every few months
    So your google chrome and maps hadn't received two update this month???! Not to mention all the ****ty apps like Facebook, Twitter and instagram.
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    01-19-19 06:24 PM
    I thought you meant phone updates.

I have had a long time without update but there were a few this month.
    Last edited by towngirl; 01-20-19 at 09:03 AM.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-19-19 07:56 PM
    01-19-19 10:16 PM
    Heads up to my mates. If you are using Facebook and get updates on your Blackberry Android, please check your settings after every update. My settings got changed without my permission.

Cheers mates and hope the weekend was good!!!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 01-20-19 at 06:52 PM.
    Corbu, FeitaInc and morganplus8 like this.
    01-20-19 05:30 PM
    bbjdog and others interested. You are already aware to review your Google settings but don't forget also Windows 10, here is a great (free) software for controlling Windows 10 spying:

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
    Note: it is recommended to check the Windows 10 privacy settings after every update... because, you guessed it, they are reset to the defaults... how convenient ...for Microsoft.
    Corbu, FeitaInc, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    01-20-19 07:03 PM
    01-21-19 09:39 AM
    For those of us who watched as RIM's (at the time) valuation imploded helped along by a steady stream of crazy articles by some very well known pundits. I recollect several articles when the first BB10 devices came out describing the "severe problem" of skin oil building up on the device's screen obscuring the display. The articles went on to pontificate that other devices (like the iPhone ?) didn't have this problem as they used better glass etc. Of course most devices at the time used exactly the same Gorilla Glass.

At the time all of this seemed to be very well organized and to this day I believe that there was unseen"intelligent hands" guiding all of this negative marketing. Subsequently several insiders have come out and confirmed the existence of organized negative marketing plans and shadowy companies that provide the requisite surreptitious services.

This and many other unethical activities demonstrate how Wall Street is manipulated and wired to benefit the few at the cost of the many. I suppose to highlight these inequities makes me somewhat of a hypocrite as none of this seems to deter me and others from our continued participation.
    Corbu, elfabio80, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-21-19 10:55 AM
    About time. Regulatory bodies will take forever as usual
    01-21-19 11:15 AM
113,256 ... 43064307430843094310 ...