View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    oh man the pain of the last few days....brutal. I'm actually in the red in BB again for the first time in a while
    10-10-18 04:57 PM
    oh man the pain of the last few days....brutal. I'm actually in the red in BB again for the first time in a while
    I as well.... I honestly thought that those days were behind me.

I'm annoyed, but more than that honestly confused. Aside from a few announcements in popular areas like Blockchain and quantum computing, this is the exact same company that 10 days ago had more shares traded in one day than any point in the previous year. 40m shares changed hands, and ppl figured they were worth between $11-$12. Now here we are, exact same company, no new information, and it's worth almost 25% less. What gives?

I look at SNAP, which also closed at a 52w low, and I think that's somewhat justified. Losing tons of money with no path forward to profitability, a failed reboot to become cool again, and the prospect of literally running out of cash in the next 6 months. Yet despite all that, in total WS values the whole company at double that of BB. (More if you exclude cash).

BB on the other hand if nothing else is treading water, and has everything going for it now that it did 10 months ago at $14.xx plus more, a logical growing path towards real profitability, and yet according to the price and action it's business state/prospects are the worst it's been all year! If anything ppl are annoyed at BB for having *too much* cash and not utilizing it while paying interest - a good problem to have when compared to many others.

Granted it was a blood bath on WS today, so there isn't really a place to point the finger of blame, I just wish that BB also had of had the chance to enjoy the 100% or so rally that so many other tech stocks seem to have enjoyed over the last decade. It seems like the stock is a one way valve that blocks upward pressure yet lets through (and amplifies?) downward.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    10-10-18 08:38 PM
    I as well.... I honestly thought that those days were behind me.

I'm annoyed, but more than that honestly confused. Aside from a few announcements in popular areas like Blockchain and quantum computing, this is the exact same company that 10 days ago had more shares traded in one day than any point in the previous year. 40m shares changed hands, and ppl figured they were worth between $11-$12. Now here we are, exact same company, no new information, and it's worth almost 25% less. What gives?

I look at SNAP, which also closed at a 52w low, and I think that's somewhat justified. Losing tons of money with no path forward to profitability, a failed reboot to become cool again, and the prospect of literally running out of cash in the next 6 months. Yet despite all that, in total WS values the whole company at double that of BB. (More if you exclude cash).

BB on the other hand if nothing else is treading water, and has everything going for it now that it did 10 months ago at $14.xx plus more, a logical growing path towards real profitability, and yet according to the price and action it's business state/prospects are the worst it's been all year! If anything ppl are annoyed at BB for having *too much* cash and not utilizing it while paying interest - a good problem to have when compared to many others.

Granted it was a blood bath on WS today, so there isn't really a place to point the finger of blame, I just wish that BB also had of had the chance to enjoy the 100% or so rally that so many other tech stocks seem to have enjoyed over the last decade. It seems like the stock is a one way valve that blocks upward pressure yet lets through (and amplifies?) downward.
    If you believe in the fundamentals then keep holding.

On days like today, margin calls make the down side more extreme.
    FeitaInc likes this.
    10-10-18 08:52 PM
    If you believe in the fundamentals then keep holding.

On days like today, margin calls make the down side more extreme.
    I do, and naturally I will continue to hold, as I do expect one of these days to see a huge AMD style explosion once the rest of the market realizes the value there. But like I said, it's just frustrating and confusing that it's taking so bloody long when it was as obvious as day to me and several others that there was real value here.
    fanBBRY, Corbu, Greened and 3 others like this.
    10-10-18 08:58 PM
    So that`s it for me. After losing a lot money with BlackBerry thanks to one of the most arrogant, overhyped and ignorant CEOs in the tech world who reaps millions of $ from the company for himself and bis buddy Prem Watsa without returning anything for stakeholders I realized my losses and delete my account. Have fun in your blind fellowship of mighty John Chen and the ride back to 6$ until the end of 2018. But I am sure you will celebrate John for every dead cat bounce.
    LMAO...... Paper trader
    10-11-18 05:34 AM
    Black Friday came early this year, hope everyone had cash stash for these moments . The Dow is heading for that nice gap it left on August 15th which coincidentally is close to the 200MA. Happy shopping folks
    10-11-18 08:41 AM
    Danijel Stanic, Senior Technical Solution Manager at BlackBerry just tweeted:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-zebra.jpg

The world’s largest retailers, manufacturers, transportation and logistics companies, field sales and service organizations, and healthcare providers rely on Zebra mobile computers every day

https://www.zebra.com/us/en/products.../handheld.html
    10-11-18 09:04 AM
    Someone forgot to tell BlackBerry the DOW dropped 1,200 points in the last two days, made all losses back on great volume today. Looks good in here.
    10-11-18 11:32 AM
    Someone forgot to tell BlackBerry the DOW dropped 1,200 points in the last two days, made all losses back on great volume today. Looks good in here.
    Nice trade morgan. I to took advantage of the recent volatility and netted 2.2K "free" shares!

Shares and markets bouncing around is not always a bad thing !
    10-11-18 12:19 PM
    Danijel Stanic, Senior Technical Solution Manager at BlackBerry just tweeted:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zebra.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	440670

The world’s largest retailers, manufacturers, transportation and logistics companies, field sales and service organizations, and healthcare providers rely on Zebra mobile computers every day

https://www.zebra.com/us/en/products.../handheld.html
    Wouldn't this make a nice M&A play for BB !

I always wondered why the hardware division didn't get into the commercial handset market. They had all the pieces and the corporate presence.
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-11-18 12:24 PM
    Wouldn't this make a nice M&A play for BB !

I always wondered why the hardware division didn't get into the commercial handset market. They had all the pieces and the corporate presence.
    I think the licensing strategy is a better play than M&A. Recurring revenue and no risk of inventory hang. Give Chen credit.
    Corbu, rarsen, fanBBRY and 6 others like this.
    10-11-18 01:48 PM
    10-11-18 04:07 PM
    With the overall market helping to bring BlackBerry down to a 52-week low, there are no more excuses for this management team to sit on its hands. It is time to use that large cash pile to help the business, whether through M&A or offsetting the potential dilution from the convertible bonds. John Chen was brought in to turn this name around, but total revenues have plunged and the stock has massively underperformed the tech sector as seen below. Investors are likely to get even more fed up until this company makes a move.

oh no.. investors might be even more fed up. if that isn't a great reason to do anything, I don't know what is.

I for one would like if they offset the dilutive effect of the bonds, but fully agree with JC that if they can do another Good-type acquisition that is a much better use of the cash. and with how the markets are going, that opportunity might come sooner rather than later.
    10-12-18 01:00 AM
    I to took advantage of the recent volatility and netted 2.2K "free" shares!

Shares and markets bouncing around is not always a bad thing !
    Nice!
    I was too greedy in setting a sell price at $12USD, so it didn't go through and missed this opportunity. But ACB bounced back nicely today and that helped me net 1.2K free BB shares.
    rarsen, W Hoa, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    10-12-18 11:44 AM
    Best kept secret in wireless – Blackberry QNX in the autonomous car

Blackberry’s growth in-regards to connected car is probably one of the best-kept secrets in mobile. Few people know about Blackberry’s QNX business, and even fewer know about how dominant they have been in the infotainment technologies used in automobiles...

...within the car industry, their resurgence in the connected car ecosystem leaves them nowhere but to be taken seriously. Blackberry’s last earnings report shows that their growth through their QNX business is no joke and leaves the most hope in the company’s future in the hands of a small division called QNX which they acquired on a whim back in 2010...

...they are now expanding the success of the infotainment technology business into other areas of the connected car like Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and instrument cluster technologies. In short, this expansion has been taking place for a while, but the kind of growth Blackberry QNX is seeing now has squarely put them back in the drivers’ seat (excuse the pun) in the connected car.
    https://www.rcrwireless.com/20181011...autonomous-car
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    10-12-18 01:54 PM
    10-13-18 11:27 AM
    OT

I hadn't seen it posted yet. Just thought I'd mention it...
    EYPT halted.

https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.aspx?id=tradehalts
    10-14-18 12:03 PM
    This is another optimistic article focused on BB's future potential if investors would just hold on and wait. Well, for me it's been six years of waiting and bouncing around the bottom. I do agree we have recently seen smalls signs of life in the SP only to see it roll-back once again.

I'm not sure if I'm an investor or hostage at this point.
    Corbu, rarsen and W Hoa like this.
    10-14-18 12:32 PM
    This is another optimistic article focused on BB's future potential if investors would just hold on and wait. Well, for me it's been six years of waiting and bouncing around the bottom. I do agree we have recently seen smalls signs of life in the SP only to see it roll-back once again.

OOPS!!! I see you are referring to BlackBerry, I thought you were talking about MOBL, their ER comes out, stock goes to $ 5.70/shr and now its $ 4.50/shr and they have brokerage support on top of that. Must be a sector related thing.
    rarsen, Corbu, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    10-14-18 12:53 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...um-brain-trust

Quantum Valley North - Former CEO Lazaridis and the next wave in Canada's Silicon Valley North
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    10-14-18 02:11 PM
    If you're a hostage and still invested and still here you could be suffering from the Stockholm syndrome. You wouldn't be the only one. Cheers
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    10-14-18 06:19 PM
    If you're a hostage and still invested and still here you could be suffering from the Stockholm syndrome. You wouldn't be the only one. Cheers
    Fully agree.

Certainly not the first time I've question my own sanity.
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    10-15-18 10:18 AM
    10-15-18 03:29 PM
    BB to ring the opening bell on NYSE tomorrow morning 10/16/18.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, morganplus8 and W Hoa like this.
    10-15-18 03:31 PM
    Will be live streamed.
    https://livestream.com/NYSE

I understand JC will also get some other exposure related to this event, in NYC.

And he has an Empire Club event planned with Amber Kanwar the following day. Live streamed:
    10-15-18 03:43 PM
113,256 ... 42804281428242834284 ...