View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Completely OT, but...WOOHOO! I successfully replaced the screens of two KeyOnes as a DIY project! One was a Day 1 purchase that succumbed to the screen falling off problem. The other was a cracked screen on a device purchased earlier this year with the stronger adhesive behind the screen.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    09-20-18 03:06 AM
    09-20-18 05:26 AM
    09-20-18 05:30 AM
    09-20-18 05:37 AM
    09-20-18 01:14 PM
    09-20-18 02:39 PM
    https://www.markmanadvisors.com/blog...a-patent-troll
    Is Facebook a patent troll?

Props to Sanhe
    Great note on FB counter suit. Gives the impression that it is a marketing ploy or a distraction from the solid claim BlackBerry has. They must be getting nervous

Posted via CB10
    09-20-18 06:10 PM
    09-20-18 06:19 PM
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001...61923087607762

2012, Facebook buys 650 AOL patents from Microsoft for $550 million, along with 750 more from IBM to combat a lawsuit filled against Facebook, by Yahoo. After the purchase, they turned around and counter-sued Yahoo. Sound familiar? The lawsuits ended in cross licensing deals, with FB paying out no cash.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-20-18 07:53 PM
    Blackberry is doing what it must to protect its IP. Facebook is doing what it can to protect itself from infringement lawsuits. No one is trolling. Just business.
    09-20-18 08:29 PM
    Another example why John Chen is not the right CEO for BlackBerry since he can only think along the beaten tracks.

Amazon is pushing aggressively into the smart home appliance business and has AWS which at the moment is the first cloud platform ready for BB Spark for enterprises.

Since smart home devices are becoming more and more normal, one day customers will look for options to manage all these devices in their homes. Why not starting to offer a BB Spark customer solution to safely manage these devices via AWS cloud? First five devices would be free for example and every additional device would cost a monthly fee.

Would bring not in huge revenues in the beginning, but would help to BB Spark getting media coverage and could generate huge revenues in the future. Problem is that it would be a new and innovative offering and that is something John Chen is not capable to do. He is only good at bringing "me too" solutions late to crowded markets (BB Radar, BB Jarvis, BBM Messenger cross platform) with bad marketing which in return leads to product flop after product flop.
    Last edited by muhlan001; 09-21-18 at 12:44 AM.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-20-18 10:50 PM
    I am looking forward to Friday next week to watch another bunch of lousy numbers presented by an arrogant as ever John Chen together with the usual "we need to execute" and "huge interest in xy (add any BB solution you lik)" BS.

All followed by a huge drop in share price back to 8$ with the Chen fanboys eagerly searching for excuses why mighty John Chen is still the one and only CEO for BlackBerry. At least he will be soon the one and only left in management since every sane manager will quit seeing how John Chen constantly destroys their stock options.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-21-18 12:46 AM
    09-21-18 06:11 AM
    Another example why John Chen is not the right CEO for BlackBerry since he can only think along the beaten tracks.

Amazon is pushing aggressively into the smart home appliance business and has AWS which at the moment is the first cloud platform ready for BB Spark for enterprises.

Since smart home devices are becoming more and more normal, one day customers will look for options to manage all these devices in their homes. Why not starting to offer a BB Spark customer solution to safely manage these devices via AWS cloud? First five devices would be free for example and every additional device would cost a monthly fee.

Would bring not in huge revenues in the beginning, but would help to BB Spark getting media coverage and could generate huge revenues in the future. Problem is that it would be a new and innovative offering and that is something John Chen is not capable to do. He is only good at bringing "me too" solutions late to crowded markets (BB Radar, BB Jarvis, BBM Messenger cross platform) with bad marketing which in return leads to product flop after product flop.
    Why doesn't BlackBerry start building rockets and send tourist around the moon?

Why do you think Amazon would pay for another service vs using their own? Why would consumers? Is Apple and Google going to charge a monthly fee for additional devices?
    09-21-18 07:37 AM
    If somebody's opinions bother you that much, instead of screaming at the mods to "shut this person up" for merely stating their opinion, use this handy little feature. Go to the user's profile and click "Add to Ignore List".

As a reminder, personal insults and name calling can/will result in infractions.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ignore-list.png
    09-21-18 08:15 AM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry start building rockets and send tourist around the moon?

Why do you think Amazon would pay for another service vs using their own? Why would consumers? Is Apple and Google going to charge a monthly fee for additional devices?
    Sure AMZN could offer the same thing, but so far I am not aware of a similar offering like BB Spark.

As a customer I would pay a fee for a Cloud based secure solution where I can easily add, remove and manage my smart home devies in a highly secure way.

The Problem with BB is that John Chen has the same thinking like you: only doing the obvious or the same as a whole bunch of other companies is already doing, instead of trying to do something new (the last time they did something innovative was the introduction of BBM)
    techvisor likes this.
    09-21-18 09:41 AM
    If somebody's opinions bother you that much, instead of screaming at the mods to "shut this person up" for merely stating their opinion, use this handy little feature. Go to the user's profile and click "Add to Ignore List".

As a reminder, personal insults and name calling can/will result in infractions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ignore list.png 
Views:	543 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	440201
    Thanks for the tip, I was wondering about that.

Must be a desktop thing.

I need to get on the computer and do that.
    Thank-you
    Greened likes this.
    09-21-18 09:56 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ignore list.png 
Views:	543 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	440201
    Thank you!! Very helpful.
    Greened likes this.
    09-21-18 10:31 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I was wondering about that.

Must be a desktop thing.

I need to get on the computer and do that.
    Thank-you
    I was able to do it on mobile as well. Just went to the users profile and there was 3 dots on the top right on ios, which gave the option ignore/block.

Now I dont have to see some of the repetitive nonsense anymore. I hope this would even block the original comments even if someone falls for the bait and replies.
    Greened and Bacon Munchers like this.
    09-21-18 10:34 AM
    I'm looking forward to next week's ER, always interesting!

on a side topic, any SPHS experts out their( Morgan) want to chime in on the news of WOODS buying 10,000 shares and what that all kind of means

with the cause of death cleared and now we're waiting for the end of the year to see the second dosed patients news other than a potential buyout or partnership there really isn't much news until the end of the year

so I'm wondering what this 10000 share purchased on the open market means if anything

thanks everyone have a great weekend
    morganplus8, FeitaInc and Greened like this.
    09-21-18 10:39 AM
    I was able to do it on mobile as well. Just went to the users profile and there was 3 dots on the top right on ios, which gave the option ignore/block.

Now I dont have to see some of the repetitive nonsense anymore. I hope this would even block the original comments even if someone falls for the bait and replies.
    unfortunately this feature doesn't work in the android app
    09-21-18 10:52 AM
    I'm looking forward to next week's ER, always interesting!

on a side topic, any SPHS experts out their( Morgan) want to chime in on the news of WOODS buying 10,000 shares and what that all kind of means

with the cause of death cleared and now we're waiting for the end of the year to see the second dosed patients news other than a potential buyout or partnership there really isn't much news until the end of the year

so I'm wondering what this 10000 share purchased on the open market means if anything

thanks everyone have a great weekend
    I didn't read anything in that purchase, it isn't a material amount. The focus is still on waiting to hear 2nd dose data. He is one unusual guy, not many CEO's like him and this play wouldn't be where it is today without his crazy decision to continue the Phase III study after the investing community told him to save the money and shut it down. These plays move when all of the players are in them and not until then. Look at EYPT, they hire a team, hold the stock back, issue stock options and as soon as it looks like everyone is on board they release it. Hardly trading today despite massive volumes around $ 1.00/shr, and now, no selling up here at $ 2.50/shr. SPHS will do the same thing as they approach the end of the year. To me, 10,000 shares is a very small amount to purchase, let's not blow it all out of proportion.

BlackBerry is holding up well the past few weeks even though FB is talking trash, no one cares. Next week we get some data and the market is strong right now so it should be interesting. I'm looking forward to this Q report from BB, they have been quiet for too long. Hopefully that means they are doing their job and not wasting shareholders time! I have learned to like quiet over Elon Musk. GL
    09-21-18 12:03 PM
    Morgan,
    thank you as always for your calm and cool insight into things.

you ground me and make me remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

I hope you are well

thanks again
    morganplus8, W Hoa, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    09-21-18 12:13 PM
    Morgan,
    thank you as always for your calm and cool insight into things.

you ground me and make me remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

I hope you are well

thanks again
    But the Romans managed to build a meaningful part of Rome within five years, while John Chen was only able to shrink BB in that time, destroying shareholder value on his way
    techvisor likes this.
    09-21-18 01:02 PM
    [QUOTE=muhlan001; This message is hidden because muhlan001 is on your ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Serenity at last....
    Corbu, BanffMoose, fanBBRY and 5 others like this.
    09-21-18 05:53 PM
113,250 ... 42704271427242734274 ...