View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I really want BlackBerry suceed and the shares to rise, but IMHO John Chen and the BOD (especially Prem Watsa with his massive conflict of interest) have been the biggest obstacle for these targets
    I think we all get it. We understand your point of view. And you are obviously quite entitled to it.

Not everyone here is totally happy with the SP and the way things have been or could have been run. And there is no blind admiration towards JC, the BOD or anyone.

What we do share, I believe, is a desire for this company to do better, to achieve what we feel it may achieve. For a variety of reasons. And yes, it has often been frustrating to watch it all unfold.

In the meantime, since none of us really know what is going on, we can only share information and ideas and provide constructive criticism. We have chosen, over the years, to do it in the respectful manner which has most always been a staple of this thread.

So, all views are welcome. But form matters. As, sometimes, bad form kills the message.

My humble point of view.
    07-16-18 09:39 AM
    On the danger of outspoken CEO's

Elon Musk Calls Thai Cave Rescue Diver A ‘Pedo Guy’ After Submarine Criticisms

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/el...stunt-comment/

And the mocking begins

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b5b4989ce3632e00fcd570136e2664449c569cbb1f32cf5f0f500c2b5e87f6e8.jpg
    07-16-18 09:51 AM
    He sure fumbled that one...

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...e-pedo-twitter

Musk has repeatedly come under fire for his behavior on Twitter and for Tesla’s PR strategy, under which it aggressively attacks critics and journalists. James Anderson, a partner at Baillie Gifford, Tesla’s fourth-largest shareholder, said in a recent Bloomberg interview the company needed a period of “peace and execution”, adding: “It would be good to just concentrate on the core task.”

Asked about the “pedo” tweet, Anderson told the Guardian in an email: “I intend to convey my – predictable I trust – feelings to the company tomorrow.” He declined to elaborate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...areholder-says
    07-16-18 09:59 AM
    I think we all get it. We understand your point of view. And you are obviously quite entitled to it.

Not everyone here is totally happy with the SP and the way things have been or could have been run. And there is no blind admiration towards JC, the BOD or anyone.

What we do share, I believe, is a desire for this company to do better, to achieve what we feel it may achieve. For a variety of reasons. And yes, it has often been frustrating to watch it all unfold.

In the meantime, since none of us really know what is going on, we can only share information and ideas and provide constructive criticism. We have chosen, over the years, to do it in the respectful manner which has most always been a staple of this thread.

So, all views are welcome. But form matters. As, sometimes, bad form kills the message.

My humble point of view.
    Fair enough
    07-16-18 10:16 AM
    Thanks for replying M8!

First of I have only a margin account in Canada and will have one in US since all the excitement are there.

I own some ACB stocks and a few others in my trading account so I'm thinking that I could get some premium from it. So my order; a strike price at $16CAD of 40 contracts and expired on 101918 and oder "sell to open".

Maybe the strike price is too high and expires too soon.

Also I should have my margin account in the USD by next week and would like to do the same for SPHS and ACAD. So it would be really great that I could earn a few bucks while waiting for my shares called away.
    Thanks for being patient masterful!

Attached is one of my accounts with the Sept. 21st Calls at a strike of $ 14.00. I flagged the $ 14.00/cdn strike simply because they are active now, the bid/offer is narrow and the volume is there to easily fill your 40 contracts. Please note that we are selling an Option Type: of "Sell to open Covered" here. This is not to be confused with "Sell to open Uncovered" which requires a very high level as access from your broker.

Here is my screen pic:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-options.png

I will start off by saying that in Canada, the contract volumes are low, the bid/ask is wide and the activity isn't there for large orders. I always use the US side for my transactions for that reason.

You need to "settle" for a contract the is active, where there is a bid and offer that is close to your price goal and you know you can get filled. The strike price is the one that you think you can live with if you get called away. If the RSI on the stock is high, I might write some covered calls against the stock at a price that is very close to its current market/cash price. I know that if I get called away, I can always re-enter the trade via naked Put writing down the road.

It goes without saying that you always write calls when the stock is going higher and write puts when it is weak. The premiums on options expand in those directions accordingly so you want to get the best price possible. You should also know that well over 90% of those who buy options lose money on their purchases so there is a very good chance that you will see your writes expire worthless on their due date. Because you are dealing with 40 contracts, you are normally well inside the bid/ask volume so that is good news. In my example here, the options are trading, the bid/ask is at a nickle spread so you can sell something here. It is better to write on a up day and usually when the RSI is approaching 70 of course! Getting the best price is so important, if you time it right, and renew the process, you can make a 40% return on your investment annually with a stock like BlackBerry. That's a great return and explains why I'm in love with BB in the first place. It is volatile enough to make a great return and always has been.

Let's start off with this information and I'll let you ask questions from here. Best of luck.

PS. I should also say that very few investors trade in options and fewer write them for income so good on you for trying.
    07-16-18 10:47 AM
    OT: acb.. have a position bought around 10ish... this stock has been on a downward path..

... hold? Take losses now and run, lol?
    any expert thoughts on this stock....

Posted via CB10
    Way too late to sell, the CDN goverment delayed approval/launch until Oct. 17th and that created little interest in this sector. All you have right now are shorts talking about current metrics for each company with nothing mentioned regarding uptake down the road when sales begin. We have to get closer to that date unfortunately. Great buy op though ......

We are locked into a wait and see period right now with all of our trades. Time to enjoy life outside of the markets for awhile now. GL
    07-16-18 10:59 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Way too late to sell, the CDN goverment delayed approval/launch until Oct. 17th and that created little interest in this sector. All you have right now are shorts talking about current metrics for each company with nothing mentioned regarding uptake down the road when sales begin. We have to get closer to that date unfortunately. Great buy op though ......

We are locked into a wait and see period right now with all of our trades. Time to enjoy life outside of the markets for awhile now. GL
    Thanks M: yes... lesson learned. I sold all my position (30k shares) this stock this am for $60k loss

... my amzn, msft has been doing well, so I may take the proceeds of this acb "experiment" and put into eypt or something else?

I will continue to hold My core which remains amzn, mstf, Visa (recent), and BlackBerry, atm..

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-16-18 11:37 AM
    Thread is supposed to be about BB shares. I suppose you can stretch topic for John Chen since you believe he is negative to shares and others believe he is positive.
    In fairness to the regulars here, the topic is really I support BlackBerry and I buy shares. So it's meant for Chen and BlackBerry management fans. That's why I see an analogy with people going on the BB10 boards and saying how it's dumb to still be using BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Greened likes this.
    07-16-18 11:48 AM
    Thanks M: yes... lesson learned. I sold all my position (30k shares) this stock this am for $60k loss

... my amzn, msft has been doing well, so I may take the proceeds of this acb "experiment" and put into eypt or something else?

I will continue to hold My core which remains amzn, mstf, Visa (recent), and BlackBerry, atm..

Posted via CB10
    I mentioned earlier that I'm buying BlackBerry on the dips and EYPT. The trend for BB is up, chart looks great so I buy the dips here. As for WYPT, its a no brainer, the PDUFA date is Nov. 5th for that one and they have everything in order now. They have plenty of capital, all players hold stock options so positions are set and they will move into sales next year. It is one of those situations where you know what's coming down the road. For all the stock issued and warrants available to convert, there is little float until all of those new shares hit the market at much higher levels. If the general market can just hang in there, we'll be higher moving into September. The broader market has been range bound for a few months now but I do believe we are setting up for one last push much higher in the Fall. Everything is falling into place for us to make plenty of money on everything we are in right now. I'm not looking for the markets in 2019 but this year should finish out strong.

SPHS is a bit risky as there could be a delay in future studies with the COD outstanding but it is amazing in terms of its data points too. This Summer is like most, a good time to write some Call options and get outside and enjoy life! GL
    07-16-18 11:59 AM
    In fairness to the regulars here, the topic is really I support BlackBerry and I buy shares. So it's meant for Chen and BlackBerry management fans. That's why I see an analogy with people going on the BB10 boards and saying how it's dumb to still be using BB10.

Posted via CB10
    In fairness to everyone that have frequented this thread, Heins walked away with an $ 80 MM package and he was as close to the worst CEO ever, as one can get. John Chen is no Heins and he might never see $ 80 MM bucks while completely saving the company from extinction. His only crime could be not being able to generate growth fast enough for everyone here. I personally went from holding a huge investment in this company and having my wife drill me for investing in it in the first place, to making a sizeable gain in the position and sleeping nights holding it now. To me at least, the best part of Chen has been his ability to remove risk from the equation. If it takes time to wisely invest $ 2 B bucks so be it. I watch MOBL spin its wheels and understand how tough it is out there right now. This company makes money, has incrediable assets, many of us still want their phones and one of my top requests in a great investment is that it is debt free and cash rich. For these reasons I'll continue to hold a large position in BB. As mentioned in my earlier post, you can make 40% on this stock every year without it going up at all. Not bad. In a world where Harvard grads are lauded for producing 3 - 5 % gains annually, this one is a steal down here.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 07-16-18 at 12:22 PM.
    07-16-18 12:11 PM
    In fairness to everyone that have frequented this thread, Heins walked away with an $ 80 MM package and he was as close to the worst CEO ever, as one can get. John Chen is no Heins and he might never see $ 80 MM bucks while completely saving the company from extinction. His only crime could be not being able to generate growth fast enough for everyone here. I personally went from holding a huge investment in this company and having my wife drill me for investing in it in the first place, to making a sizeable gain in the position and sleeping nights holding it now. To me at least, the best part of Chen has been his ability to remove risk from the equation. If it takes time to wisely invest $ 2 B bucks so be it. I watch MOBL spin its wheels and understand how tough it is out there right now. This company makes money, has incrediable assets, many of us still want their phones and one of my top requests in a great investment is that it is debt free and cash rich. For these reasons I'll continue to hold a large position in BB. As mentioned in my earlier post, you can make 40% on this stock every year without it going up at all. Not bad. In a world where Harvard grads are lauded for producing 3 - 5 % gains annually, this one is a steal down here.
    Um, I don't think it's making money. I'm not a Chen fan and am only responding since you responded. It sounds like you're a very good trader to have caught BBRY near its bottom. You are a rare investor.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    07-16-18 01:39 PM
    Um, I don't think it's making money.

Posted via CB10
    That's the problem! You entirely missed the following:

Re: Outlook

BlackBerry’s outlook for fiscal 2019 is as follows:

Total company software and services billings growth is expected to be double-digits

Non-GAAP EPS is expected to be positive

Free cash flow is expected to be positive for the full year, before considering the impact of restructuring and legal proceedings

Total software and services revenue growth of between 8% to 10% year-over-year

There is no other way to say it, and we know this because John Chen states this countless times, they will be EPS and CF positive for Fiscal 2019. There might even be a surprise IP payment to boot.

As for trading luck, no, everyone here that I know of are working the investment to capture movements in the stock. I persoanlly have bought/sold/written options on BB several times this year alone. I always hear members talk about RSI, Bollinger Bands, Volume Strength etc., on a weekly basis now. You are living in the past.
    La Emperor, Greened and rarsen like this.
    07-16-18 02:35 PM
    That's the problem! You entirely missed the following:

Re: Outlook

BlackBerry’s outlook for fiscal 2019 is as follows:

Total company software and services billings growth is expected to be double-digits

Non-GAAP EPS is expected to be positive

Free cash flow is expected to be positive for the full year, before considering the impact of restructuring and legal proceedings

Total software and services revenue growth of between 8% to 10% year-over-year

There is no other way to say it, and we know this because John Chen states this countless times, they will be EPS and CF positive for Fiscal 2019. There might even be a surprise IP payment to boot.

As for trading luck, no, everyone here that I know of are working the investment to capture movements in the stock. I persoanlly have bought/sold/written options on BB several times this year alone. I always hear members talk about RSI, Bollinger Bands, Volume Strength etc., on a weekly basis now. You are living in the past.
    I traded the stock too years ago. I think I ended up making a little money. The it is a good trading stock. Is it finally going to break even? Maybe so.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    07-16-18 02:43 PM
    Hi Morgan,

First, thank you for taking the time to answer questions from those of us who are trying to learn. I feel privileged for sharing some of your knowledge.

Second, whenever you have a minute, would you be so kind as to give us your impressions of ORMP and SENS, if any? I am asking this for a very dear friend of this thread. And, for myself, any thoughts on HALO, lately?

All the best,
    07-16-18 04:19 PM
    Thanks for being patient masterful!

Attached is one of my accounts with the Sept. 21st Calls at a strike of $ 14.00. I flagged the $ 14.00/cdn strike simply because they are active now, the bid/offer is narrow and the volume is there to easily fill your 40 contracts. Please note that we are selling an Option Type: of "Sell to open Covered"

Thank you so much for your time M8!
    I am learning a lot from the forum and mostly from you.

One question that I need clarity on is "my contract in the end might be worthless" I have read and a few others telling me about it but I still don't understand so hopefully you can dumb it down a little more.

So I would like to use the example you have provided as a scenario where the strike price is $14 and expired September 21 for a call with "sell to open".
    With this i will pay my contract + commission but in the end I might not get any premium from it?

Also, I really like the layout and details on your screen pic. May I know who are you with for trading or more specific to that one since I assumed you have more than one trading platform.

Thanks for the compliment and honestly you guys on here have given me the courage to do it really.
    07-16-18 10:04 PM
    Thank you so much for your time M8!
    I am learning a lot from the forum and mostly from you.

One question that I need clarity on is "my contract in the end might be worthless" I have read and a few others telling me about it but I still don't understand so hopefully you can dumb it down a little more.

So I would like to use the example you have provided as a scenario where the strike price is $14 and expired September 21 for a call with "sell to open".
    With this i will pay my contract + commission but in the end I might not get any premium from it?

Also, I really like the layout and details on your screen pic. May I know who are you with for trading or more specific to that one since I assumed you have more than one trading platform.

Thanks for the compliment and honestly you guys on here have given me the courage to do it really.
    So just to back track just a bit, the contracts that you write give you the funds paid by the purchaser of those contracts, immediately, directly into your account. The contract is for 100 shares of BlackBerry common stock and you are looking at writing 40 covered calls so you must have 4,000 shares in your account to do this. You can do whatever you want with your funds now but you must transfer those shares to the pool of owners who hold calls at that strike price and time. No one will claim those shares from you if they can buy the stock in the open market for less than $ 14.00/shr/cdn. You hope that the stock will close just below $ 14.00 so that you keep your stock to do it again. For the buyer of those calls, they need $ 14.55/shr to break even, if you agree to sell those Sept. 21st, $ 14.00 strike price calls for $ .55/contract. They obviously think the stock will go higher than $ 14.55/shr, that's why thery gambled and purchased them in the first instance. You, as the writer of those calls think the stock won't be much above that strike price on that date, if at all. I hope this makes sense. My point earlier was that the vast majority of buyers of calls fail to make back their initial investment of the calls themselves so there is an excellent chance that you will retain your shares on expiration day.

Just to reiterate, you would be writing calls at say $ .55/shr to a buyer who then controls the amount of underlying stock for that time period. You would recieve $ 55/contract x 40 of them or $ 2,200.00 right away. You get to keep the funds but you are locked into the contract unless you buy back and cancel your open position. The position is derived from "selling to open covered" calls against common stock that you own. The stock has a current value of $ 13.25/cdn x 4,000 shrs. or $ 53,000. You would recieve $ 2,200 less commission for the transaction. You can do this trade over again by 365 days divided by the length of this trade, let's call it 65 days to expiry. So you can do it 365/65 = 5.6 times or the dollar equivilent of 5.6 x $ 2,200 or $ 12,320.00 anually. When brokerages refer to call writing, they apply an annualized basis to the trade to give you a rate of return. So your return would be an annual return of $ 12,320.00/53,000.00 or 23.25%. That's a good return but I always make sure that I see at least 40% in any call writing that I do. It is easy to get to 40% if you write calls when the stock is popping and the option premiums are much larger! Don't forget that we created a simple transaction here and excluded compounding of the money derived from writing options. That 23.25% return above is actually higher if you include re-investment of the premiums taken in as they occur.

As for the platform pic I posted to my message, that one is iTrade by Scotia Bank. I use RBC ( I worked for them as a professional trader) and BMO along with TD Bank as well. iTrade is the better of them all with $ 4.99/trade for any amount of funds, Level II viewing and a solid system for qualifying one for high levels of trading status.

PS. Corbu, I'm researching many names right now and have added yours to the list. Once I get some business done this morning I'll move yours up that list.
    07-17-18 07:23 AM
    So just to back track just a bit, the contracts that you write give you the funds paid by the purchaser of those contracts, immediately, directly into your account. The contract is for 100 shares of BlackBerry common stock and you are looking at writing 40 covered calls so you must have 4,000 shares in your account to do this. You can do whatever you want with your funds now but you must transfer those shares to the pool of owners who hold calls at that strike price and time. No one will claim those shares from you if they can buy the stock in the open market for less than $ 14.00/shr/cdn. You hope that the stock will close just below $ 14.00 so that you keep your stock to do it again. For the buyer of those calls, they need $ 14.55/shr to break even, if you agree to sell those Sept. 21st, $ 14.00 strike price calls for $ .55/contract. They obviously think the stock will go higher than $ 14.55/shr, that's why thery gambled and purchased them in the first instance. You, as the writer of those calls think the stock won't be much above that strike price on that date, if at all. I hope this makes sense. My point earlier was that the vast majority of buyers of calls fail to make back their initial investment of the calls themselves so there is an excellent chance that you will retain your shares on expiration day.

Just to reiterate, you would be writing calls at say $ .55/shr to a buyer who then controls the amount of underlying stock for that time period. You would recieve $ 55/contract x 40 of them or $ 2,200.00 right away. You get to keep the funds but you are locked into the contract unless you buy back and cancel your open position. The position is derived from "selling to open covered" calls against common stock that you own. The stock has a current value of $ 13.25/cdn x 4,000 shrs. or $ 53,000. You would recieve $ 2,200 less commission for the transaction. You can do this trade over again by 365 days divided by the length of this trade, let's call it 65 days to expiry. So you can do it 365/65 = 5.6 times or the dollar equivilent of 5.6 x $ 2,200 or $ 12,320.00 anually. When brokerages refer to call writing, they apply an annualized basis to the trade to give you a rate of return. So your return would be an annual return of $ 12,320.00/53,000.00 or 23.25%. That's a good return but I always make sure that I see at least 40% in any call writing that I do. It is easy to get to 40% if you write calls when the stock is popping and the option premiums are much larger! Don't forget that we created a simple transaction here and excluded compounding of the money derived from writing options. That 23.25% return above is actually higher if you include re-investment of the premiums taken in as they occur.

As for the platform pic I posted to my message, that one is iTrade by Scotia Bank. I use RBC ( I worked for them as a professional trader) and BMO along with TD Bank as well. iTrade is the better of them all with $ 4.99/trade for any amount of funds, Level II viewing and a solid system for qualifying one for high levels of trading status.

PS. Corbu, I'm researching many names right now and have added yours to the list. Once I get some business done this morning I'll move yours up that list.
    As always Morgan thanks for all the great info. I've mentioned before options are something I've intellectually looked at, but never had the balls to employ, as I've feared (pointlessly) missing out on a huge move. Given that so many options expire worthless, why is there even a market at those prices? Straight up gambling? Why doesn't everyone sell options then? The same reason so many irrationally fear the market itself because they don't understand it, then taken to another degree?

It seems to be both the best worlds frankly, exchanging the higher returns for volatility, not unlike an insurance company, but at a scale more relative to day to day finances.

Secondly, do see any sort of huge move happening (aside from the tri-monthly 25% drops over 3 days), and what do you think the driver would be? Even huge announcements post-Baidu seem to lack power now, as the market realizes there is no rev attached for years.

Muhlan - What's your end game? You want JC fired and BOD disbanded? Sadly this isn't the place to make it happen. Buy $500m of stock, secure a board seat, and have at 'er.
    La Emperor, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-17-18 07:46 AM
    As always Morgan thanks for all the great info. I've mentioned before options are something I've intellectually looked at, but never had the balls to employ, as I've feared (pointlessly) missing out on a huge move. Given that so many options expire worthless, why is there even a market at those prices? Straight up gambling? Why doesn't everyone sell options then? The same reason so many irrationally fear the market itself because they don't understand it, then taken to another degree?

It seems to be both the best worlds frankly, exchanging the higher returns for volatility, not unlike an insurance company, but at a scale more relative to day to day finances.

Secondly, do see any sort of huge move happening (aside from the tri-monthly 25% drops over 3 days), and what do you think the driver would be? Even huge announcements post-Baidu seem to lack power now, as the market realizes there is no rev attached for years.

Muhlan - What's your end game? You want JC fired and BOD disbanded? Sadly this isn't the place to make it happen. Buy $500m of stock, secure a board seat, and have at 'er.
    Funny, really funny
    techvisor likes this.
    07-17-18 07:48 AM
    Interesting sentence in this post: "...On June 23, 2006 Fairfax share price reached a low of $100.00. A month later, on July 26, 2006, they decided to fight back and file suit..".

So for his own company Watsa decided to fight back, but when it comes to BlackBerry he has no problems with media spreading lies about BB in general and QNX in particular?
    I am sorry to say that this comment is a good example of what I find lacking in some of your comments muhlan001. from my perspective it looks like you have just been skimming through the article to find a soundbite that supports your narrative, alas, without taking the time to sort through what the author (jesselivenomore) actually is saying, and if that actually is in alignment with your position.

to quote from the article:
    Also, my view is that CEOs should focus on running their company instead of their stock price, because in the long run only the fundamentals matter....
    Tesla depends on access to capital to survive, it will have certain characteristics of a financial company - vulnerable to short sellers and market sentiment.(and often times market sentiment driven by short sellers)... (my comment: like Fairfax)
    Because the way to break from the short sellers influence is by becoming self sustaining. When you no longer need to sell stock to survive, you don't care how high or low your stock goes. When you no longer need to raise debt to survive, you don't care which agencies short sellers can manipulate.

So is BB in the same position that Fairfax was or Tesla is? Do they need to raise capital in a big way to survive? unless JC plans on buying MSFT, that answer to both are clearly a no for now. and what was the CEO to do then?

"...I believe a CEO should focus on running their company instead of worrying about stock price or short sellers."
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 07-17-18 at 12:01 PM. Reason: added second link and italics
    07-17-18 11:59 AM
    NFLX missed estimates, stock dropped, but recovered quickly. BlackBerry also dropped big time after ER, but never really recovered. This shows the lack of trust in BlackBerry management thanks to the unprofessional behaviour of John Chen and his team
    techvisor likes this.
    07-17-18 12:08 PM
    I am sorry to say that this comment is a good example of what I find lacking in some of your comments muhlan001. from my perspective it looks like you have just been skimming through the article to find a soundbite that supports your narrative, alas, without taking the time to sort through what the author (jesselivenomore) actually is saying, and if that actually is in alignment with your position.

to quote from the article:
    Also, my view is that CEOs should focus on running their company instead of their stock price, because in the long run only the fundamentals matter....
    Tesla depends on access to capital to survive, it will have certain characteristics of a financial company - vulnerable to short sellers and market sentiment.(and often times market sentiment driven by short sellers)... (my comment: like Fairfax)
    Because the way to break from the short sellers influence is by becoming self sustaining. When you no longer need to sell stock to survive, you don't care how high or low your stock goes. When you no longer need to raise debt to survive, you don't care which agencies short sellers can manipulate.

So is BB in the same position that Fairfax was or Tesla is? Do they need to raise capital in a big way to survive? unless JC plans on buying MSFT, that answer to both are clearly a no for now. and what was the CEO to do then?

"...I believe a CEO should focus on running their company instead of worrying about stock price or short sellers."
    And I believe that the CEO of a public company has to also pay attention to the stock price due to its implications on public perception and employee morale. So believe against believe
    Corbu and techvisor like this.
    07-17-18 12:10 PM
    And I believe that the CEO of a public company has to also pay attention to the stock price due to its implications on public perception and employee morale. So believe against believe
    you have your belief, while the trader who wrote the article had a more analytical and meticulous approach. the main thing I was commenting on was how your process comes across for me.

it seems like JC and Prem have their main focus on building BB back up to being a powerhouse, and any comments they make that is out of character and is not based on fundamentals is likely to be a net negative for BB. so since they only make occasionally comments on the stock price, that's what they have to continue to do. they also know that whatever they said is something they can be held liable for, something I recall somebody on this thread telling you about too.

in other news, think I have to reach out to BB/QNX again. still no word from them.
    07-17-18 01:24 PM
    Good example right here, why does it seem that BlackBerry is so care free about keeping good relations, I reached out to them on Radar as well to setup a larger deal, yet not a response. You would think this company went out of business but left their website up.

The company and it's representatives seem to think themselves to be quite upper echelon and make their time appear indispensable, whereas most other tech companies are active and believe customer service is of the utmost importance. BlackBerry continues to parade themselves as a company that is untouchable and dictates terms, it's this arrogance in John Chen and his management team that continue to keep investors away. Remember those issues surrounding lack of transparency, John Chen came in and put a gag order on everyone, the company slipped and started fading away ever since then. In speaking with others at BlackBerry or who have been let go, they all seem to state that morale is dead, and the culture is gone. The company seems a small version of what it was, and besides the brand name, the rest is nothing but beta products or products where a competitor can come in and simply take them out. BlackBerry no longer has a moat.
    Corbu, techvisor and elfabio80 like this.
    07-17-18 02:29 PM
    Good example right here, why does it seem that BlackBerry is so care free about keeping good relations, I reached out to them on Radar as well to setup a larger deal, yet not a response. You would think this company went out of business but left their website up.

The company and it's representatives seem to think themselves to be quite upper echelon and make their time appear indispensable, whereas most other tech companies are active and believe customer service is of the utmost importance. BlackBerry continues to parade themselves as a company that is untouchable and dictates terms, it's this arrogance in John Chen and his management team that continue to keep investors away. Remember those issues surrounding lack of transparency, John Chen came in and put a gag order on everyone, the company slipped and started fading away ever since then. In speaking with others at BlackBerry or who have been let go, they all seem to state that morale is dead, and the culture is gone. The company seems a small version of what it was, and besides the brand name, the rest is nothing but beta products or products where a competitor can come in and simply take them out. BlackBerry no longer has a moat.
    say what now? I could be that yes, but the far more likely explanation is that they prioritise the incoming request and handle them as quickly as they can. JC has been saying that they are having difficulties scaling the sale-side of the organisation, so if there is lag in following up request that is very consistent with that. (and please don't launch into a JC is terrible for not hiring all the sales people in the world rant..)

I can't make any general observation, but for me I reached out to the Radar team using a form from their website where I specified that we have zero trucks and zero containers and a plan to get zero truck or zero containers. that is not the best way to grab their attention, even though I work for a subsidiary of a large company. that is on me not them.

No, I do not remember any issue surrounding any lack of transparency, but if there was it would be JC and the management teams job to respond and not everybody at every level. if the company feels like a small version of what it was that is probably because in a sense it is, while at the same time it is being transformed into something new. as to any moat, you are conflating a lot of things here, and it is coming across as pure FUD. if this post is any indication of what you think, I can't understand it if you hold any stock. that would almost be as silly as frequenting a tread on a forum dedicated to supporting BB.
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 07-17-18 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added last line. probably not needed.
    07-17-18 03:13 PM

These are the type of stories that infuriate me as a shareholder. Your 100% correct that BlackBerry can't afford to lose sales or not be on top of their game with regards to improving their financials.

Considering all the announcements, deals, collaborations and everything else, they haven't grown top line revenue in any meaningful way.

In any event I am 100% sure that the executive team would want to be made aware of any of these situations. John Chen has joked on previous conference calls that the BlackBerry Technology Solutions group, a group that BlackBerry Radar falls under, is stretch too thin. Too many requests, too much product testing etc and that they need more manpower.

This may be a prime example of lost sales due to the extreme cost control. Please do all shareholders a favor and reach out to Carl Wiese, President of Global Sales at BlackBerry. He can be reached at [email protected].

Please and thank you from all us BlackBerry shareolders

Posted via CB10
    07-17-18 03:15 PM
113,256 ... 42374238423942404241 ...