View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You don't speak for most of us. This is your view and I respect that. Just don't make an assumption for everyone.
    When did I make assumptions for everyone? My opinion is my opinion, if you do not like it I am ok with it, but stopp making false accusations
    techvisor likes this.
    06-16-18 11:48 AM
    I was long and lost a lot of money because of John Chen being an ignorant turd who does not know how to behave as a CEO of a public company.
    So you lost money and going to vent out your frustration here. Your daily bashing of Chen at ST, and here at CB leads me to believe you have a personal grudge on him.

Chen turned around Sybase successfully and you cannot deny that. He plugged all the holes on the sinking RIM. Under his term ,QNX deployment doubled from 60 M to 120 M.
    His EUM is starting to gain traction and the partnerships with auto giants, TIER 1 suppliers and Software companies will bring even more success, me thinks. Lots of things starting to evolve. He could have done certain things in the beginning but its moot now.

Anyway, calling him ( Chen ) names won't get you more attention. Maybe from the mods.. ;-)
    Last edited by La Emperor; 06-16-18 at 12:11 PM.
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-16-18 11:56 AM
    Hey Muhlan, he did not do damage on all stakeholders of Blackberry. Not for me and a bunch of my friends. And I have a huge *&^*^&*& ing stake on this.

Stop your BSing here as you are the one making false assumptions!
    Last edited by La Emperor; 06-16-18 at 12:12 PM.
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-16-18 11:59 AM
    Hey Muhlan, he did not damage all stakeholders of Blackberry. Not for me and a bunch of my friends. And I have a huge *&^*^&*& ing stake on this.

Stop your BSing here as you are the one making false assumptions!
    Oh really? So then John Chen did not talk about accelerated growth in a Sky Australia interview just to guide lower on March ER causing the shares to drop more than 30% and never really revocer? He did not say nothing about BBM, the status of all these Radar trials? He did not only just recently updated that 60 million QNX number he could updated every quarter before but refused to? He did not **** up the PRIV presentation during an interview with an absolute unprofessional behaviour?

It seems you and your friend have more insider information from John Chen than the public, so please share it.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-16-18 12:15 PM
    I'm not gonna go on a flaming war with you Muhlan. Most of the people here I know trade during certain events, ahemm ER. Its your fault for losing money . You ALONE!!!!!

Stop blaming Chen. If you have bought shares when he started you would still be up now.
    Even when you bought at peak time around $18 C ( if I remember correctly ), you would only be down a few points.

Btw, no inside info here. And I don't make money like a paid basher. Just to be clear.

'Out of here. Enjoy the weekend folks!
    06-16-18 12:24 PM
    I'm not gonna go on a flaming war with you Muhlan. Most of the people here I know trade during certain events, ahemm ER. Its your fault for losing money . You ALONE!!!!!

Stop blaming Chen. If you have bought shares when he started you would still be up now.
    Even when you bought at peak time around $18 C ( if I remember correctly ), you would only be down a few points.

Btw, no inside info here. And I don't make money like a paid basher. Just to be clear.

'Out of here. Enjoy the weekend folks!
    I will laugh all the way to the bank next week after John Chen bombed the share price again 30% or more with some of his clumsy remarks during ER and his shenanigans
    techvisor likes this.
    06-16-18 01:26 PM
    so gang, I've come to a couple of realizations:
    1. M8 is ridiculously better at picking stocks than me.
    2. although I've considered getting an iPhone X after hating my KEYone a bit lately, hanging out with friends at a local music festival who has a X, the KEYone's battery is neat. KEY2 it is.
    3. this is not fully formed, but since Microsoft for all intents has lost the mobile and (is loosing in) the cloud waves, the distributed future that BB might be able to enable might be a next wave for MSFT to jump on.
    4. predicting how big players will move is beyond me.
    5. keep a positive attitude. (cough cough mu###)
    A little surprised some of you continue to chase that same old rabbit down that same old hole of negativity, instead of going with a counter narrative.

That said, I'm at a music festival and a few beers in, so what do I know.

Have a great weekend one and all.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-16-18 03:38 PM
    https://www.gsmarena.com/preorders_f...news-31702.php
    Pre-orders for 128GB BlackBerry Key2 are now live in China

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-gsmarena_001.jpg
    06-16-18 07:05 PM
    Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there!
    06-17-18 06:42 AM
    Slightly OT but a decent lazy Sunday morning coffee read...
    I think it helped solidify my decision to upgrade to it from my Priv.

Why BlackBerry dusted off a 7-year-old phone to inspire the new Key2
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/androi...rry-bold-9900/

Cheers.
    06-17-18 08:41 AM
    Ya man. I am sure I speak for the other troopers when I say that if you are able to throw-down a few wise cracks, then you'll be alright.

To be extra OT for a second, I was going to pull the trigger on Hudson's Bay a few weeks back and regret not doing. It would have been a healthy gain today. Also, since my prized ACB is too --high-- to jump back in, I am looking at Supreme Cannabis (FIRE) right now. What do you think? Anyone else thinking about this one?
    Last OT I'll mention is Quantum Minerals (QMC). Thoughts?

BTW - with that last BlackBerry run, I made all my losses back, so my teddy bear gets a break for a while. I am hanging in there with a smallish block of BlackBerry still....

Safe weekend guys!
    It would have been a timely purchase a few weeks ago on Hudsons Bay. Retail is tough though but they might have a chance. ACB is shaping up for a rally soon, nice technicals there. FIRE is too small, they will get eaten up by the big five. A number of the small cap plays are not doing well on this cycle. QMC is an interesting flyer, it is cheap, a tiny stock with zero information but they are going after a big play in Lithium. I wish I could find more info on them.

BlackBerry is looking great, they are getting the kind of much needed support on their stock price now and it wouldn't take much for that tight float to go higher from here. Expecting good things from Chen this week. Also, has anyone looked at MOBL? The stock is seeing huge trading volume/price on no news. I wonder if Chen is about to take that one private. Check out the trading and chart, something is up there even though they are not performing well at all in their space.

Ha! If you want to invest in the CEO and not the company, buy MOBL, that clown has pumped the living s%)&(%*^ out of that name, coming close to going to jail and the company itself is a bust. I'll take Chen over that guy any day.
    06-17-18 09:43 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It would have been a timely purchase a few weeks ago on Hudsons Bay. Retail is tough though but they might have a chance. ACB is shaping up for a rally soon, nice technicals there. FIRE is too small, they will get eaten up by the big five. A number of the small cap plays are not doing well on this cycle. QMC is an interesting flyer, it is cheap, a tiny stock with zero information but they are going after a big play in Lithium. I wish I could find more info on them.

BlackBerry is looking great, they are getting the kind of much needed support on their stock price now and it wouldn't take much for that tight float to go higher from here. Expecting good things from Chen this week. Also, has anyone looked at MOBL? The stock is seeing huge trading volume/price on no news. I wonder if Chen is about to take that one private. Check out the trading and chart, something is up there even though they are not performing well at all in their space.

Ha! If you want to invest in the CEO and not the company, buy MOBL, that clown has pumped the living s%)&(%*^ out of that name, coming close to going to jail and the company itself is a bust. I'll take Chen over that guy any day.
    Yes, I am liking BlackBerry here also... I think they will exceed Y/Y and /Q/Q revenue and beat on Earnings... Hopefully JC has a surprise or two also, be it on Radar or other.... time for this SP to head much higher!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-18 09:57 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/...ostid=28190022

Forecasts a big beat with Rev $270m...Wall Street expecting $210m, .fyi

Second point: with Canadian Dollar approaching $1.33 vs US $, and most of BlackBerry expenses (personnel) paid in $Can, and Sales in $US, should this not help as far as profitability?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 06-19-18 at 06:28 AM.
    06-19-18 06:11 AM
    OT for those interested in identifying additional sources of hacking:

Russian Companies Sanctioned for Cyber Activities Against U.S. Grid
    https://www.power-eng.com/articles/2...56&bid=2144379
    The U.S. agency specifically identified Russia’s underwater capabilities. “Russia has been active in tracking undersea communication cables, which carry the bulk of the world’s telecommunications data,” treasury officials said in a press release. In March, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said Russian hackers secured access to critical control systems to U.S. nuclear plants. “We now have evidence they’re sitting on the machines… that allow them to effectively turn the power off or effect sabotage,”

Elon Musk warns employees about a saboteur in late-night email
    https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/t...ng-email-2018/
    internal investigation into a recent fire at the paint shop at Tesla's Fremont, California factory, warns employees of damage caused by a saboteur who, in addition to logging into Tesla's proprietary manufacturing operating system and adding damaging code, seems to have exported vast amounts of sensitive data to unknown parties.
    The organizations Musk believes could be responsible include Wall Street short-sellers, the petrochemical industry and traditional automotive manufacturers. "If they're willing to cheat so much about emissions, maybe they're willing to cheat in other ways?" he says in the email.
    Last edited by rarsen; 06-19-18 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added second info.
    06-19-18 07:37 AM
    http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/...ostid=28190022

Forecasts a big beat with Rev $270m...Wall Street expecting $210m, .fyi

Second point: with Canadian Dollar approaching $1.33 vs US $, and most of BlackBerry expenses (personnel) paid in $Can, and Sales in $US, should this not help as far as profitability?

Posted via CB10
    ... yeah, I am holding my lot on this ER.
    I know, history works a strong case against my pea'brained decision, but I feel like we may see a legit beat here....

Anyone else...?

Bueller...?
    06-19-18 08:58 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dgftzupvmaawbgh.jpg

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/eve...-summit/london

BlackBerry Security Summit 2018 takes place in New York and London this fall -- register today to take part in the premier security event of the year.
    06-19-18 09:42 PM
    Anybody going to the meeting today?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-18 06:52 AM
    Bank of America / Merrill Lynch / Daniel Bartus

BlackBerry

1Q19 preview – focus on 606 accounting changes and Avaya IP deal

Reiterate Rating: UNDERPERFORM | PO: 9.00 USD | Price: 11.89 USD Equity | 20 June 2018

Trimming estimates into 1Q results on 6/22
    We preview Blackberry’s 1Q19 earnings release, scheduled for Friday morning (6/22) before market open. The stock has mostly recovered following a 4Q18 earnings sell-off, but we believe the expectations bar remains low. We now expect 1Q revenue to decline 10% YoY to $219mn but remain slightly above consensus’ $211mn. Our EPS is in-line at 0c as we expect higher operating expenses due to new product investments related to Radar and other IoT markets. On a FY19 basis, we remain well below Street revenue/EPS estimates at $868mn/0c versus $892mn/6c as we expect FY18 IP Licensing performance may be hard to replicate. Risks to the upside are likely related to IP Licensing surprises, potentially related to the Avaya deal, and growth optics related to ASC 606 accounting changes, in our view. We reiterate our Underperform and $9 PO.

FY19 growth impacted by ASC 606, Land Rover QNX deal
    Areas of focus include the changes from ASC 606 accounting and the QNX deal traction, particularly the new Land Rover/Jaguar deal. First on 606, we note that Blackberry has not yet issued FY19 revenue guidance due to the complexities of the accounting transition. We expect management to now have a clearer view of FY19 revenue, though we flag risk that growth comparisons may be difficult due to the modified retrospective method. This means Blackberry may not restate FY18 under 606 and therefore FY19 growth will be based on an apples and oranges comparison. Separately, we expect strong QNX growth (BTS segment sales up 29% YoY) helped by the new Land Rover deal. Land Rover/Jaguar likely represents high content wins for future models, and QNX’s close work with Land Rover should drive higher services revenues throughout FY19.

IP Licensing likely to get small benefit from Avaya deal
    High-margin IP Licensing remains a wild card that could drive a beat or a miss. Blackberry outsourced much of its licensing strategy to Teletry – a deal which added roughly $40mn in revenues over 3Q/4Q18 and may continue to bear fruit. We expect the Avaya IP win to come through in 1Q19 and we see a wide range of one-time outcomes. Given the low growth outside of IP Licensing, we believe the valuation remains lofty at roughly 5.7x our CY19e EV/Sales versus higher-growth software peers at 3-7x.
    06-20-18 07:05 AM
    Bank of America / Merrill Lynch / Daniel Bartus

BlackBerry

1Q19 preview – focus on 606 accounting changes and Avaya IP deal

Reiterate Rating: UNDERPERFORM | PO: 9.00 USD | Price: 11.89 USD Equity | 20 June 2018

Trimming estimates into 1Q results on 6/22
    We preview Blackberry’s 1Q19 earnings release, scheduled for Friday morning (6/22) before market open. The stock has mostly recovered following a 4Q18 earnings sell-off, but we believe the expectations bar remains low. We now expect 1Q revenue to decline 10% YoY to $219mn but remain slightly above consensus’ $211mn. Our EPS is in-line at 0c as we expect higher operating expenses due to new product investments related to Radar and other IoT markets. On a FY19 basis, we remain well below Street revenue/EPS estimates at $868mn/0c versus $892mn/6c as we expect FY18 IP Licensing performance may be hard to replicate. Risks to the upside are likely related to IP Licensing surprises, potentially related to the Avaya deal, and growth optics related to ASC 606 accounting changes, in our view. We reiterate our Underperform and $9 PO.

FY19 growth impacted by ASC 606, Land Rover QNX deal
    Areas of focus include the changes from ASC 606 accounting and the QNX deal traction, particularly the new Land Rover/Jaguar deal. First on 606, we note that Blackberry has not yet issued FY19 revenue guidance due to the complexities of the accounting transition. We expect management to now have a clearer view of FY19 revenue, though we flag risk that growth comparisons may be difficult due to the modified retrospective method. This means Blackberry may not restate FY18 under 606 and therefore FY19 growth will be based on an apples and oranges comparison. Separately, we expect strong QNX growth (BTS segment sales up 29% YoY) helped by the new Land Rover deal. Land Rover/Jaguar likely represents high content wins for future models, and QNX’s close work with Land Rover should drive higher services revenues throughout FY19.

IP Licensing likely to get small benefit from Avaya deal
    High-margin IP Licensing remains a wild card that could drive a beat or a miss. Blackberry outsourced much of its licensing strategy to Teletry – a deal which added roughly $40mn in revenues over 3Q/4Q18 and may continue to bear fruit. We expect the Avaya IP win to come through in 1Q19 and we see a wide range of one-time outcomes. Given the low growth outside of IP Licensing, we believe the valuation remains lofty at roughly 5.7x our CY19e EV/Sales versus higher-growth software peers at 3-7x.
    This shows John Chen`s shortcomings as CEO of a public company. While NVDA has a 14 EV/Sales valuation due to its dominant position in the autonomous cars business, a valuation of 5.7x EV/Sales for BB is being considered loft even with the chance of QNX becoming the core OS for the autonomous driving revolution.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-20-18 08:13 AM
    06-20-18 03:11 PM
    https://www.thestar.com/business/tec...oadblocks.html
    Blackberry betting big on self-driving cars, despite political roadblocks

A five-year contract for Chen, announced in March, was approved without comment at the meeting Wednesday.

The contract, which runs to November 2023, is weighted toward long-term performance-based equity and cash awards, in addition to a time-based equity award.

Shareholders didn’t vote directly on Chen’s contract but they did approve the board of director’s compensation policy by a majority, with no questions raised during the hour-long meeting at the BlackBerry campus in Waterloo.

Chen could be paid a $90-million (U.S.) bonus if the company’s 10-day average stock price at the New York Stock Exchange hits $30 (U.S.) per share before Nov. 3, 2023 — more than double its 2018 high this year.

He can also earn five million performance equity units, in five equal instalments, if BlackBerry’s stock price hits price targets rising annually from $16 in fiscal 2019 to US$20. He’ll also get five million time units if he stays through 2023.
    06-20-18 03:20 PM
    Is someone regularly shooting himself in the foot?

Apple tops this watchlist of stocks at risk amid escalating trade tensions
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...um=MARKETWATCH
    As you can see, there are some heavyweights on that list, including Apple AAPL, +0.54% Intel INTC, +1.00% Qualcomm QCOM, +0.15% and Boeing BA, +0.46% to name just a few.
    06-20-18 07:21 PM
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    06-20-18 08:10 PM
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    06-21-18 06:03 AM
113,256 ... 42244225422642274228 ...