View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Always a breath of fresh air,hearing from you Morgan.
    Echoing FarmW, all the best to you and your health.

Cheers.

La E
    Last edited by La Emperor; 06-12-18 at 06:48 PM.
    06-12-18 06:02 PM
    Echoing La E who was echoing FarmW...

All the best, Morgan, and take care of yourself.

Do keep on irradiating us... ;-)
    06-12-18 07:20 PM
    Not quite certain why you are on this site, or why you post then? Why bother, unless you are deep in red as a shareholder?... who has time to post on sites when they don't like the product or the company or have no stake?....

Posted via CB10
    He wrote nothing negative about the company or its products, he just criticised John Chen due to his ignorant attitude towards shareholders and his nearly zero achievements regarding shareholder value in the last four years.

Stop bashing people just because they criticise John Chen. Blind enthusiasm for a CEO like John Chen leads to situations like at BlackBerry: while shareholders are getting nothing, the CEO gets paid millions of $ and even gets additional options with laughable low strike prices
    techvisor likes this.
    06-13-18 12:07 AM
    Not quite certain why you are on this site, or why you post then? Why bother, unless you are deep in red as a shareholder?... who has time to post on sites when they don't like the product or the company or have no stake?....

Posted via CB10
    This forum is open to everybody, and until the member is speaking of something within the theme, there is no problem and he is entitled to say what he thinks. Why do you have such aptitude? Do you think only the fans, troll, Chenboys have the right to express their opinion? Would not be also unfortunate if only bb10 diehards were entitled to write here against the Android fans?

Posted via CB10
    masterful and techvisor like this.
    06-13-18 01:09 AM
    Always a breath of fresh air,hearing from you Morgan.
    Echoing FarmW, all the best to you and your health.

Cheers.

La E
    Hey La Emperor!

Thank you for those kind words. I alway enjoy reading your messages to the board. Please keep it up. I wasn't trying to bring the focus on me, I was caught off guard by the need to be certified to cross the border now. It shows me that once again we never stop learning.

I know you support John Chen, so do I and many others here. I can also see that when you make a public statement that you are short a stock solely because of the CEO, and that decision now leaves you down $ 2.00/shr while everyone else is up the same amount, your ability to think rationally can go out the window. For my part, I'll conclude that this is the case here. I see BB possibly hitting new multi-year highs soon. Next week could be the start of a prolonged rally in this play, but it doesn't matter as positive cash flow and positive earnings with support the price at these levels until the numbers turn.

Keep up the good work, this goes out to Corbu, World, Rarsen and many others on this thread. Even though I might be held up in a hospital for the day or so, I'm still well aware of what's being said and how our investments are doing. Sometimes it takes me a day or two to respond to queries so be patient! GL everyone!
    06-13-18 09:58 AM
    06-13-18 11:18 AM
    See... that friendship between Prem and John is not useless after all. You just have to clear your radar screen. :-)

https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...nage-Risk.html
    06-13-18 11:36 AM
    As for my health, I just found out today that I need a certificate to cross the border as I'm radioactive now thanks to some of the new tests they are doing on me. I hav never heard of this as a problem when crossing a border! I'm looking forward to crossing soon.
    Wow.. This is a plot straight out of Futurama. If it were you would be stopped at the border on account of a sudden power outage would reveal that you glow in the dark. Much hilarity would ensue. GL!

Hope this message finds you in increasingly good health.
    06-13-18 11:57 AM
    Off Topic Here! RE: SPHS

I normally don't post anything from SA but this one is excellent and from a CFA to boot.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/418...rostate-cancer

There is nothing more to say, now I have to present this to my wife and explain why she is right and I am wrong about selling the stock at $ 7.50/shr plus. This won't be easy.

As a side note, I don't glow in the dark but I do sleep in the spare room and can't pet the cats for three months so there's that.
    06-13-18 12:21 PM
    As for my health, I just found out today that I need a certificate to cross the border as I'm radioactive now thanks to some of the new tests they are doing on me. I have never heard of this as a problem when crossing a border! I'm looking forward to crossing soon.

As for stocks, and the general market, things look great for the next few months.

Oi' Oi' mates!

M8 - Not to worry young fella.
    That radioactive particulate you speak of only serves to increase sensitivity and efficacy when performing routine trading executions. In fact, due to the new Flux density that your existing ancillary cranial deflector plate will produce, in conjunction with quasi-quadratic coupling to the new radioactive implement, the effect will now only serve to boost neural patterning in the pre-frontal lobe of the neural cortex.
    In short, you will experience an unfair advantage over the common man while performing any task. Be sure to utilize your new superpower for only altruistic actions, rather than for evil. The fate of this thread relies on it.

I could, of course, elaborate in more verbose linguistics; perhaps in a future note. Until then, and while recovering, feel free to learn about another technology breakthrough affectionately dubbed the Turbo Encabulator. A future revision will employ QNX technology!‎

Anyway, just relax and enjoy the benefits...
    Oh, and kindly continue to pass along any more tips.
    06-13-18 01:11 PM
    OT:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-chip-...ars-1528882203
    A Chip in the Windshield: China’s Surveillance State Will Soon Track Cars

National plan to electronically scan autos adds to the ways Beijing can monitor its citizens, also including video cameras and facial recognition technology
    La Emperor, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-13-18 01:34 PM
    Hold on Morgan. Never give up. Big hug man.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    06-13-18 04:08 PM
    OT for weekend reading:

Executive's guide to implementing blockchain technology
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/execut...to-blockchain/

How Blockchain Will Disrupt Business
    https://www.zdnet.com/topic/how-bloc...rupt-business/
    Last edited by rarsen; 06-15-18 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Added reference
    06-15-18 06:49 AM
    Oi' Oi' mates!

M8 - Not to worry young fella.
    That radioactive particulate you speak of only serves to increase sensitivity and efficacy when performing routine trading executions. In fact, due to the new Flux density that your existing ancillary cranial deflector plate will produce, in conjunction with quasi-quadratic coupling to the new radioactive implement, the effect will now only serve to boost neural patterning in the pre-frontal lobe of the neural cortex.
    In short, you will experience an unfair advantage over the common man while performing any task. Be sure to utilize your new superpower for only altruistic actions, rather than for evil. The fate of this thread relies on it.

Anyway, just relax and enjoy the benefits...
    Oh, and kindly continue to pass along any more tips.
    Hey Bacon!

The first thing you want when they release you from a stay at the hospital is some bacon! I had to say something about this post too ........

So I memorized a large portion of that paragraph above to test a theory out on my wife and before I could finish, "In fact, due to the new Flux density that your existing ancillary cranial deflector plate will produce, in conjunction with ................", my wife was asleep and I got the remote!! Thanks for that.

You are right, we do need to look at other possible investments here as our work is done with the existing bunch. We are in a wait and see what happens for the next few months on all of them. Time to do some research! Take care.
    06-15-18 10:37 AM
    While we sleep, two reminders for next week:

BlackBerry to Webcast Annual Meeting on June 20, 2018

WATERLOO, Ontario, June 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BlackBerry Limited (NYSE:BB) (TSX:BB) will hold its Annual Meeting of Shareholders on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 10 a.m. ET in Waterloo, Ontario. There will be a live audio webcast that can be accessed by registering at https://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors. It can also be accessed by dialing 1-877-385-4099 and entering Access code 7797528#. For international dial-in numbers, please see the BlackBerry Investor Information page.

BlackBerry to Announce Fiscal Year 2019 First Quarter Results on June 22, 2018

WATERLOO, Ontario, June 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BlackBerry Limited (NYSE:BB) (TSX:BB) will report results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2019 at 8 a.m. ET on Friday, June 22, 2018. The conference can be accessed by dialing 866-496-6675 or live streamed on the company’s website at http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html.

A replay of the conference call will be available at approximately 11 a.m. ET on June 22 by dialing 888-203-1112 and entering Conference ID #8263166 . It will also be available at the link above.
    06-15-18 12:56 PM
    https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/chen-gai...ysts-1.1093869
    Chen gains believers, but BlackBerry comeback needs 'grand slams': Analysts

When John Chen took over as BlackBerry Ltd.’s chief executive in November 2013, he compared himself to an emergency room doctor tasked with stopping the company’s bleeding as he aimed to shift the technology company away from making its iconic smartphones toward the higher-margin software business.

It took a few years – but BlackBerry’s turnaround appears to be complete and investors are finally taking notice.

The Waterloo, Ont.-based company’s shares are up about 14 per cent over the past year on the New York Stock Exchange, but off the peak in January when it announced a partnership China’s Baidu Inc. on autonomous vehicle technology. Since Chen took over in 2013, BlackBerry’s stock has nearly doubled.

BlackBerry’s market performance – as well as Chen’s ability to stickhandle the company back to profitability – earned him a pricey five-year contract extension in March that could net the chief executive more than $300 million if all of his performance-based awards vest.

“What [Chen] has done at BlackBerry so far is transform the company to a software-as-a-service that’s transformed their margin structure,” said Mike Genovese, managing director of MKM Partners, in an interview with BNN Bloomberg. “He deserves a lot of credit for that.”

Despite its name once being synonymous with the cell phone, BlackBerry is no longer the smartphone giant it once was. Today, it’s main business lies in managing cybersecurity software for phones, information technology systems and increasingly, the transportation sector. Chen describes BlackBerry as a “fundamental” company within the so-called “internet-of-things” market, a segment of the technology sector where everyday objects – from refrigerators and power grid generators to driverless cars – are all connected to the web and will ultimately need protection from hackers.

Investors and analysts alike will be looking for further clarity on BlackBerry’s long-term plans to become a major player in the automotive market at the company’s annual general meeting Wednesday, in addition to its fiscal first quarter 2019 results on Friday. BlackBerry hasn’t provided full revenue guidance for the quarter but Chen forecast the company will report double-digit billings growth, positive free cash flow and will remain profitable in its fiscal first quarter in March.

“We’ll be a major player in that space in five years,” Chen told BNN Bloomberg in a March 28 interview. “In ‘internet-of-things’, we should be a very fundamental, foundation player.”

Chen’s ability to change investors’ perceptions that BlackBerry no longer makes phones but rather security software makes the stock more of a “call option” for investors, Genovese said. “You’re buying BlackBerry because of the potential that there’s some business that’s small today and could become a multi-billion dollar business in the future.”

For BlackBerry to regain its former status as a $50 billion company again, Genovese said that “they would have to be hitting not just home runs but grand slams in three to four different things that are very small today.”

The transportation business is expected to be a big driver of BlackBerry’s future revenue growth, according to RBC Capital Market analyst Paul Treiber, in a recent report. Treiber said BlackBerry expects its revenue in its “Technology Services” group, which includes its QNX automotive business as well as its Radar devices for trucking companies, to rise as much as five times to about $815 million over the next three to five years.

That’s based on BlackBerry generating as much as $20 a vehicle that licenses its QNX operating system and multiple applications installed. BlackBerry says it currently receives about $1 to $3 for providing software for a car’s infotainment system, of which it has been installed in about 100 million cars.

But Treiber noted BlackBerry needs to provide more clarity on the performance of its traditional cybersecurity business if it wants to continue to impress the market.

“We believe core software revenue growth needs to accelerate or visibility needs to improve in order to justify further upside for the stock,” Treiber said.
    06-15-18 08:09 PM
    Hey Bacon!

The first thing you want when they release you from a stay at the hospital is some bacon! I had to say something about this post too ........

So I memorized a large portion of that paragraph above to test a theory out on my wife and before I could finish, "In fact, due to the new Flux density that your existing ancillary cranial deflector plate will produce, in conjunction with ................", my wife was asleep and I got the remote!! Thanks for that.

You are right, we do need to look at other possible investments here as our work is done with the existing bunch. We are in a wait and see what happens for the next few months on all of them. Time to do some research! Take care.
    Ya man. I am sure I speak for the other troopers when I say that if you are able to throw-down a few wise cracks, then you'll be alright.

To be extra OT for a second, I was going to pull the trigger on Hudson's Bay a few weeks back and regret not doing. It would have been a healthy gain today. Also, since my prized ACB is too --high-- to jump back in, I am looking at Supreme Cannabis (FIRE) right now. What do you think? Anyone else thinking about this one?
    Last OT I'll mention is Quantum Minerals (QMC). Thoughts?

BTW - with that last BlackBerry run, I made all my losses back, so my teddy bear gets a break for a while. I am hanging in there with a smallish block of BlackBerry still....

Safe weekend guys!
    Corbu, FeitaInc, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    06-15-18 09:47 PM
    https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/chen-gai...ysts-1.1093869
    Chen gains believers, but BlackBerry comeback needs 'grand slams': Analysts

When John Chen took over as BlackBerry Ltd.’s chief executive in November 2013, he compared himself to an emergency room doctor tasked with stopping the company’s bleeding as he aimed to shift the technology company away from making its iconic smartphones toward the higher-margin software business.

It took a few years – but BlackBerry’s turnaround appears to be complete and investors are finally taking notice.

The Waterloo, Ont.-based company’s shares are up about 14 per cent over the past year on the New York Stock Exchange, but off the peak in January when it announced a partnership China’s Baidu Inc. on autonomous vehicle technology. Since Chen took over in 2013, BlackBerry’s stock has nearly doubled.

BlackBerry’s market performance – as well as Chen’s ability to stickhandle the company back to profitability – earned him a pricey five-year contract extension in March that could net the chief executive more than $300 million if all of his performance-based awards vest.

“What [Chen] has done at BlackBerry so far is transform the company to a software-as-a-service that’s transformed their margin structure,” said Mike Genovese, managing director of MKM Partners, in an interview with BNN Bloomberg. “He deserves a lot of credit for that.”

Despite its name once being synonymous with the cell phone, BlackBerry is no longer the smartphone giant it once was. Today, it’s main business lies in managing cybersecurity software for phones, information technology systems and increasingly, the transportation sector. Chen describes BlackBerry as a “fundamental” company within the so-called “internet-of-things” market, a segment of the technology sector where everyday objects – from refrigerators and power grid generators to driverless cars – are all connected to the web and will ultimately need protection from hackers.

Investors and analysts alike will be looking for further clarity on BlackBerry’s long-term plans to become a major player in the automotive market at the company’s annual general meeting Wednesday, in addition to its fiscal first quarter 2019 results on Friday. BlackBerry hasn’t provided full revenue guidance for the quarter but Chen forecast the company will report double-digit billings growth, positive free cash flow and will remain profitable in its fiscal first quarter in March.

“We’ll be a major player in that space in five years,” Chen told BNN Bloomberg in a March 28 interview. “In ‘internet-of-things’, we should be a very fundamental, foundation player.”

Chen’s ability to change investors’ perceptions that BlackBerry no longer makes phones but rather security software makes the stock more of a “call option” for investors, Genovese said. “You’re buying BlackBerry because of the potential that there’s some business that’s small today and could become a multi-billion dollar business in the future.”

For BlackBerry to regain its former status as a $50 billion company again, Genovese said that “they would have to be hitting not just home runs but grand slams in three to four different things that are very small today.”

The transportation business is expected to be a big driver of BlackBerry’s future revenue growth, according to RBC Capital Market analyst Paul Treiber, in a recent report. Treiber said BlackBerry expects its revenue in its “Technology Services” group, which includes its QNX automotive business as well as its Radar devices for trucking companies, to rise as much as five times to about $815 million over the next three to five years.

That’s based on BlackBerry generating as much as $20 a vehicle that licenses its QNX operating system and multiple applications installed. BlackBerry says it currently receives about $1 to $3 for providing software for a car’s infotainment system, of which it has been installed in about 100 million cars.

But Treiber noted BlackBerry needs to provide more clarity on the performance of its traditional cybersecurity business if it wants to continue to impress the market.

“We believe core software revenue growth needs to accelerate or visibility needs to improve in order to justify further upside for the stock,” Treiber said.
    "more clarity" is something John Chen has not provides at the last ERs and he will not start doing so next ER. Instead he will deliver murky numbers combined with some muddy information without any clear information about:
    - How is BBM consumer performing and what are the future plans?
    - How is BBM SDK performing and what happened to the status as "TWLO killer" ?
    - What happened to the 60+ trials of BlackBerry Radar?
    - Why is BlackBerry paying 22 million $ in interest without having any real use for the debt?
    - How does the BOD justify another huge payout to a CEO that has worked more against shareholders than for over the last four years by making imprudent comments in public at almost every appearance?
    - What about the OTA update feature QNX is offering for more than a year now? Are there any customers?
    - How many customers does BlackBerry Jarvis has and how much revenue was generated so far and what are the growth expectations?
    techvisor likes this.
    06-16-18 02:03 AM
    Good questions...bad attitude.

Posted via CB10
    FeitaInc, Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    06-16-18 09:08 AM
    Good questions...bad attitude.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, forgot to praise mighty Chen for his zero achievements for shareholders
    06-16-18 09:21 AM
    Sorry, forgot to praise mighty Chen for his zero achievements for shareholders
    But if you’re short the shares, why doesn’t this make you happy? I don’t think you’re really short the shares.
    morganplus8, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    06-16-18 09:36 AM
    so gang, I've come to a couple of realizations:
    1. M8 is ridiculously better at picking stocks than me.
    2. although I've considered getting an iPhone X after hating my KEYone a bit lately, hanging out with friends at a local music festival who has a X, the KEYone's battery is neat. KEY2 it is.
    3. this is not fully formed, but since Microsoft for all intents has lost the mobile and (is loosing in) the cloud waves, the distributed future that BB might be able to enable might be a next wave for MSFT to jump on.
    4. predicting how big players will move is beyond me.
    5. keep a positive attitude. (cough cough mu###)

and with those words, best wishes for the weekend.
    rarsen, Corbu, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    06-16-18 10:14 AM
    But if you’re short the shares, why doesn’t this make you happy? I don’t think you’re really short the shares.
    I was long and lost a lot of money because of John Chen being an ignorant turd who does not know how to behave as a CEO of a public company.

So although I am short the stock now, I am still pissed off by John Chen and his "way of management" that damages all stakeholders of BlackBerry
    techvisor likes this.
    06-16-18 10:40 AM
    I was long and lost a lot of money because of John Chen being an ignorant turd who does not know how to behave as a CEO of a public company.

So although I am short the stock now, I am still pissed off by John Chen and his "way of management" that damages all stakeholders of BlackBerry
    So you’re not just a paper trader....??
    06-16-18 10:47 AM
    his "way of management" that damages all stakeholders of BlackBerry
    You don't speak for most of us. This is your view and I respect that. Just don't make an assumption for everyone.
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    06-16-18 11:38 AM
113,251 ... 42234224422542264227 ...