View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Totally undeserved payment for John Chen, he is getting millions for just doing nothing. A justified package would be with strike prices beginning at 30$ and the cash reward should be paid if stock reiches 60$. Maybe then John Chen would start to care about the share price and would start communicating with stakeholders like a real CEO of a public company.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-16-18 12:54 AM
    well Muhlan

you know JC is going to take the stock to at least $16 in the next 5 years.
    but you can keep shorting it in the meantime.

also, it's a huge incentive for JC to hit $30 a share, so he is a long term thinker.

I would bet he hits $30 a share.

he has a lot of irons in the fire and eventually they will strike.

I am patient with this stock and there is a lot of money to be on it just watching the RSI.
    05-16-18 07:13 AM
    16$ in five years? That would be a return of ca. 7% per year. Hardly a good return for a company with so many promising products like BlackBerry and for that John Chen should receive millions in compensation? That is not a compensation package, but a rip-off
    05-16-18 07:34 AM
    16$ in five years? That would be a return of ca. 7% per year. Hardly a good return for a company with so many promising products like BlackBerry and for that John Chen should receive millions in compensation? That is not a compensation package, but a rip-off
    If you’re short the shares, why do you care? Everything you mention goes in your favor to make a positive return.. You should be happy....
    05-16-18 09:59 AM
    If you’re short the shares, why do you care? Everything you mention goes in your favor to make a positive return.. You should be happy....
    I am, but I am also pissed off that a CEO is stuffing his pockets with million $ while he delivers nothing for shareholders
    05-16-18 12:38 PM
    I am, but I am also pissed off that a CEO is stuffing his pockets with million $ while he delivers nothing for shareholders
    When you're a short, you want the CEO to do exactly that. You want the company to go under, bankrupt and the faster the better. You're not a shareholder....
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    05-16-18 02:01 PM
    lol
    05-16-18 04:38 PM
    When you're a short, you want the CEO to do exactly that. You want the company to go under, bankrupt and the faster the better. You're not a shareholder....
    I do not want the company to go under. I am short because of my experience with John Chen as CEO since 2013 and his constant work against (or at least not for) shareholder value.
    05-17-18 04:28 AM
    I do not want the company to go under. I am short because of my experience with John Chen as CEO since 2013 and his constant work against (or at least not for) shareholder value.
    Talk to Prem Watsa, he hired John Chen. Prem owned 52 MM shares at the time that he made an offer to take BB private, he then dropped the offer and bought $ 500 MM in bonds to save BB, his earlier investment and the brand. He then appointed or hired John Chen to rationalize the business model and secure its future. John Chen did just that. Finally, he renewed the contract to keep John on as CEO, not some "other" position. Your issue is with Prem Watsa not John Chen. Talk to Prem Watsa.
    vasilisiou, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    05-17-18 09:00 AM
    Heads up on EYPT, they hired Leonard Blum, gave him a stock option package for 440,000 shares exercisable at $ 1.95/shr or exactly where the stock had to drop back to, in order to give him that nice pricing. The stock can go back up now. Isn't investing fun?
    rarsen, vasilisiou, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    05-17-18 09:04 AM
    05-17-18 10:58 AM
    General information on Security:

This cryptocurrency phishing attack uses new trick to drain wallets
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/this-c...rains-wallets/
    "A criminal group keen to take advantage of the potentially lucrative opportunities offered by the boom in cryptocurrency has developed a sophisticated new scheme to hijack Ethereum wallets and steal the contents in a first-of-its-kind attack."

I asked Apple for all my data. Here's what was sent back
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-...24037827013043
    "The recent Cambridge Analytica scandal revealed just how much tech companies have on us -- enough to figure out who we might vote for at the ballot box, for example. Facebook, Google, and Twitter all took a few minutes to an hour to send me all the data they store on me -- ranging from a few hundred megabytes to a couple of gigabytes in size.
    What's interesting about the data is what Apple has -- and what it doesn't. As insightful as it was, Apple's treasure trove of my personal data is a drop in the ocean to what social networks or search giants have on me, because Apple is primarily a hardware maker and not ad-driven, like Facebook and Google, which use your data to pitch you ads."
    05-17-18 11:00 AM
    "What's interesting about the data is what Apple has -- and what it doesn't. As insightful as it was, Apple's treasure trove of my personal data is a drop in the ocean to what social networks or search giants have on me, because Apple is primarily a hardware maker and not ad-driven, like Facebook and Google, which use your data to pitch you ads.""

Just a question in regards to Apple. How long did it take for them to get your information to you? Enough time to purge the information? Or do they have a program that sends only certain info. Truly how much info are they keeping ( all the companies )?
    05-17-18 04:24 PM
    Rule #1 on the long or short end is never get personal, it's always business. You've lost all objectivity regarding Chen. I always told my clients, they hired me for my objectivity to not be emotional with their money.

If you're not careful, you'll start complaining when shares don't go down fast enough because Chen gets lucky or some other competitors make a bad move.

Pick a new company to follow, long or short. Your relationship with Chen has become toxic for long term success. Good luck.
    05-17-18 04:37 PM
    Just a question in regards to Apple.... Truly how much info are they keeping ( all the companies )?
    Several years ago Apple bragged that they had over 300 million credit card numbers with the accompanying user info. That's a good start.
    rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    05-17-18 06:26 PM
    Several years ago Apple bragged that they had over 300 million credit card numbers with the accompanying user info. That's a good start.
    That's a good start!

I can assume it's near 1 billion by now? The phone sales are going through the roof. Lol
    rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    05-17-18 06:45 PM
    05-17-18 07:27 PM
    While the headline is the usual over-the-top, it's good to see the quality coming from the QNX team in vehicles launching now

https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/gall...ackberry/?im=6
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    05-18-18 09:36 AM
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...g-data-driven/
    John Chen

Earlier Inside BlackBerry piece published in the G&M today.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    05-18-18 09:18 PM
    https://www.cantechletter.com/2018/0...investor-says/
    BlackBerry’s business model doesn’t make any sense, this investor says

05-18-18 09:18 PM
    https://www.cantechletter.com/2018/0...investor-says/
    BlackBerry’s business model doesn’t make any sense, this investor says
    After four years John Chen still is not able to communicate what BlackBerry stands for. His inability to change the perception of BlackBerry in the market is one of the many reasons for the low share price.

So yes, he totally deserves another millions of $ as pay package
    05-19-18 02:31 AM
    just took our boat for a 50 mile trip, and although the 280 brake HP Volvo Penta (GM small block) engine is one thirsty little thing and the gasoline (after all I love Audioslave :P) cost a small fortune, it otherwise behaved beautifully. so some locktite was just the thing the doctor ordered for the cooling water pump.

In other news, if anybody are considering following my lead on entering the crypto space and hubii more specifically, check out hubii network's telegram or their webpage. May is shaping up to be a very exiting month.

I'm also reading (or being read to) Nassim Nicholas Taleb's books, and for some reason I think JC has read them all, as it seems he is positioning BB to take advantage of a black swan event. (aka some major security story that BB will be uniquely positioned to serve.) I remain bullish on BB and JC's work in general.

edit: god damn it.. M8 even joined here before me. you beat me in every way.
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 05-19-18 at 06:02 PM. Reason: entered some post-jegermeister poor humour.
    05-19-18 05:56 PM
    Launch of K2 to be livestreamed:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-31761300_546581825742276_2903984133657067520_n.jpg

blackberrymobileTune in for the #BlackBerry #KEY2 livestream on June 7th, 2018. The link to watch is pinned in our profile bio. Leave a comment below if you're ready for the #BlackBerry KEY2 ❗

Props to UTB
    05-20-18 03:07 PM
    Come on now campers...let's play within the rules. Y'all have been here long enough to know how to color inside the lines.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-20-18 08:41 PM
    Come on now campers...let's play within the rules. Y'all have been here long enough to know how to color inside the lines.
    Your right! pretty childish of me, but in my defence it was one to many beers.

Cheers!
    BigBadWulf and La Emperor like this.
    05-21-18 11:02 AM
113,256 ... 42174218421942204221 ...