View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    How do we compete against a computerized system? Think of the future and let it be!

That's why I like JC!
    02-09-18 06:44 PM
    Dateline 2018: Skynet started with the stock market computers...
    02-10-18 10:42 AM
    02-10-18 10:49 AM
    Weekend reading, requirements taking effect in May, 2018:

GDPR: These are the organisations which are least prepared | ZDNet
    The organisations most reliant on collecting, analysing, and using personal data are some of the least well-equipped to deal with incoming data protection regulation legislation -- just months before it's due to come into force. The Forrester report also details how there are still large numbers of organisations around the world who mistakenly that GDPR doesn't apply to them. But if an organisation does business or has customers in a European Union country -- especially if data about customers is collected -- they need to comply with GDPR.
    02-10-18 06:29 PM
    Well, here I go again.
    Just entered my largest position in 'our stock'.

Time to hug my pillow and clench my kiester once again.
    02-11-18 01:50 AM
    Well, here I go again.
    Just entered my largest position in 'our stock'.

Time to hug my pillow and clench my kiester once again.
    Relax those kiester muscles, the chart doesn't look that bad!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-feb12-2018.jpg

Friday we touched some great support and bounced from there. Now, we need to pop through the well defined downward sloping channel and its away to the races. I had to do some averaging down on Friday so that my first round of buying looked better.

I bought BB and PSDV because no one wanted them on Friday. And so to prove that over 2,000 pts of carnage wasn't related to computer driven algos, we will surely see a couple of 1,000 plus point up days this week right? Okay, stop laughing lets at least move 600 plus pts higher on that old DOW Jones. GL
    02-12-18 08:21 AM
    General explanation information for inquiring minds:

What is 5G? Here are the basics
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/5g-netwo...re-the-basics/

Blockchain explained: It builds trust when you need it most
    https://www.cnet.com/news/blockchain...-need-it-most/
    morganplus8, Corbu and W Hoa like this.
    02-12-18 11:38 AM
    FWIW:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/maribel.../#739ca8084936
    Automotive Drives BlackBerry's Future, But Only To A Certain Point

While we wait for more solid news (which I expect to come after March 1st)...
    morganplus8, rarsen and W Hoa like this.
    02-12-18 12:17 PM
    BTW, next reporting date:

Q4: March 28, 2018
    02-12-18 12:21 PM
    FWIW:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/maribel.../#739ca8084936
    Automotive Drives BlackBerry's Future, But Only To A Certain Point

While we wait for more solid news (which I expect to come after March 1st)...
    I'm sure my high school English teacher would trash this article. The first 620 words of a 714 word article are about BlackBerry's auto industry initiatives and challenges, then the first sentence in her conclusion is about falling revenues from mobile devices and EMM. Then a sentence about executing a turnaround which hadn't been discussed before, then suggestions on where BlackBerry should go next.

Seems to it's another case of bad writing or bad editing on Forbes' part.
    02-12-18 01:29 PM
    Sorry mate...

Slim pickings these days...
    rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    02-12-18 02:34 PM
    BTW:

Short Interest

Friday, February 09, 2018

Company Symbol 1/31/18 1/12/18 Chg % Chg % Float Days to cover Avg daily vol.
    Blackberry BB 46,862,541 46,124,294 +738,247 1.6 9.1 7 6,617,626

So, slight increase of 738,000
    rarsen, morganplus8, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    02-12-18 02:52 PM
    Be careful out there, in assuming things as frequently only seeing the point of the iceberg.

Remember former Chief of Security Technology qualifications at Equifax were a Master Degree in Music and why am not surprised by the following article:
    Equifax says more private data was stolen in 2017 breach than first revealed | ZDNet

Lot of naive people out there where not all products are equally robust with proven expertise, many more pointed questions should regularly be asked:
    After dismissing security flaw, Amazon patches Key smart lock anyway | ZDNet
    Corbu, morganplus8, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    02-12-18 03:41 PM
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4011089/t...arious-intent/
    The driverless revolution: Canadian companies bracing for hackers with ‘nefarious’ intent

rarsen, morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    02-12-18 07:57 PM
    First, thanks Corbu and Rarsen for keeping the needle moving on this thread with such slim-pickins' as of late(!)

Some serious sideways trading today, huh?

Ok, so for my rookie question for anyone in the mood:
    Is it safe to say that we are holding up due to the backing of large investors that just bought in?

I hope enough fellas here can benefit from my question to make it worth the time answering(!)

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 02-12-18 at 09:58 PM.
    02-12-18 09:44 PM
    02-12-18 11:38 PM
    From the article:

“We are in discussion with some of the shipping companies in Hong Kong for the deployment of BlackBerry Radar which provides secure transportation asset tracking,” Ding said.
    From How many Shipping Containers are there in the World?

Our best estimate

23 million shipping ‘in service’ containers or 38.5 million TEU
    14 million ‘ex-service shipping containers or 23.3 million TEU
    6 million ‘new’ shipping containers or 10 Million TEU
    That's a nice potential market for Radar
    Last edited by W Hoa; 02-13-18 at 05:44 AM.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    02-13-18 05:31 AM
    OT:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...um-brain-trust
    The Co-Inventor of BlackBerry Is Building Canada’s Quantum Brain Trust
    morganplus8, W Hoa and La Emperor like this.
    02-13-18 08:18 AM
    First, thanks Corbu and Rarsen for keeping the needle moving on this thread with such slim-pickins' as of late(!)

Some serious sideways trading today, huh?

Ok, so for my rookie question for anyone in the mood:
    Is it safe to say that we are holding up due to the backing of large investors that just bought in?

I hope enough fellas here can benefit from my question to make it worth the time answering(!)

Thanks in advance.
    Hey guy,

I think there are a number of reasons why the stock is exhibiting a better tone lately. The forward breaking news has been pretty good, there is reason to invest in this play now. While they haven't added to the bottom line, nor have they increased gross revenues in any appreciable way lately, they are signing deals everywhere and so the future looks very good now. We rallied hard in January just like the general markets did, far more in fact than the general markets did for the same period. The general markets corrected 10% back below January levels giving up substantial gains. BlackBerry gave up much higher percentage gains for the same time-frame but unlike the general markets, BB never came close to its 200-dma.

The stock rallied to multi-year highs, it was exciting, perhaps some investors got trapped at much higher levels and now are "forced" to hold onto a losing position. In addition, the recent news was compiling and strong money came in, the kind if money that looks 5-years out and thus aren't effected by the recent drop. It is probably a combination of both types of investors here. The relative strength of the stock is profoundly better than how it used to trade though. We are still showing gains for 2018, while the general market is trying to get back to zero. We are void of news but even that is coming in March in terms of an ER so the stock is stable while we await that. There isn't any TA to get in the way of a rally now as all of the gaps are filled and the RSI is set for more buying, not to mention the the Bollinger Bands are showing us hitting a bottom for this cycle.

We will still be subject to the whims of fears of a further correction in the general markets but there really isn't anything in the way of us moving higher from here once the market regains its footings again. All this company needs is to show superior gains in revenues and/or margins in any of its many sectors and the stock will continue to see strong money flow into it. I even think moving to the NYSE was part of the stability program for the stock. The only two trips to the $ 10.00/shr mark occurred when Chen sold 1.8 MM shares of his stock options for tax purposes (November) and the other was shortly after that when December tax loss sales occur. Aside from the brief dip down, we have looked more like a $ 11.00/shr basing stock than anything else. We are working our basing lows higher each time. The orderly sell-off is apparent too, we basically step our way downward, a few days at one level, another few days at a slightly lower level to where we are today. For the first time in years, the stock pricing is very easy to predict while we wait for John Chen to deliver news. That's my take on it, of course I was wrong about the markets having a 5% correction so there's that too!
    02-13-18 08:32 AM
    Whoa!.........Dude!

Thanks for the novel-book response sir!

Kindly accept this virtual beer from a lowly surf, even though, I figure you as being more of a Bourbon man.

Cheers ol' chum.

BM.
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    02-13-18 10:45 AM
    02-14-18 12:32 PM
    02-14-18 12:33 PM
    Anyone care to comment on the possible implications of several companies repatriating large oversea cash, temporary vs long-term ? Noting that Apple will be paying a tax of $38 billion on its $252 billion in cash held abroad.

Cisco to Repatriate $67 Billion Under New Tax Law
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/14/b...-law.html?dlbk

Also interesting information of when Bush tried somewhat similar and had limited success from following article: Cisco Systems: Keep An Eye On Trump's Cash Repatriation Plan
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/411...on-plan?page=3
    Last edited by rarsen; 02-15-18 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Added reference
    Corbu, morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    02-15-18 09:40 AM
    Back on this thread after like a year or more! Hope everyone has been well.

Anybody in Spain going to MWC 2017? If so, I'm actually going to be in Europe and if you've extra pass/invite, I'd love to attend with you.
    Corbu and kellyweng88 like this.
    02-15-18 02:15 PM
    Blackberry in Great Cobourg/ Waterloo Police force.

02-15-18 07:20 PM
113,256 ... 41934194419541964197 ...