View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi Morgan,

Happy Birthday! Wishing you all the best...

Once again thank you for all your contribution, especially nowadays when we traverse the seemingly rough waters as of late. Makes it a little easier to handle and less unnerving.

And welcome to ACB. I've been lucky enough to get on that one last year trading them back and forth
    and holding a pretty decent position.

Cheers.

La Emperor
    Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

Crazy day, BB was at $ 12.02/shr when the DOW fell 355 points this morning, and now, the DOW is down over 800 points and BB is just below its morning low. So we are selling off hard right now and not many stocks want to follow along. My entire portfolio has hardly been hurt and ACB is way up heading into news tomorrow.

I would never buy ACB but my brother-in-law sent me a text showing me his $ 1,400 gain in ACB. Now he is in Mexico for a month so I thought I would make one trade and post my profit! What a profit as it looks like it is setting up for a huge run tomorrow heading into the Government's special meeting. I can't wait to show him a trade that came out of no where.

Best of luck, this is a driven sell off and not anything to due with fears of any kind. Lets see if we can rally 600 points as this is unfounded. If we don't bounce today, we'll do it tomorrow.
    02-05-18 02:06 PM
    What a profit as it looks like it is setting up for a huge run tomorrow heading into the Government's special meeting
    HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY Morgan!!!

What special meeting tomorrow are you referring too Morgan?

Cheers mate!
    morganplus8 and Greened like this.
    02-05-18 04:47 PM
    HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY Morgan!!!

What special meeting tomorrow are you referring too Morgan?

Cheers mate!
    I think he meant this

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/sena...tion-1.3789943
    02-05-18 05:28 PM
    Thanks Masterful for the info.

Cheers!
    02-05-18 05:34 PM
    Happy Birthday, Morgan!

Thanks for having remained around through all these years...
    02-05-18 11:39 PM
    Happy Birthday Morgan! Best wishes and thank you again for your contributions on this thread.
    02-06-18 01:17 AM
    Happy Birthday Morgan!! Thanks for all you do here!!
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    02-06-18 06:57 AM
    Happy Birthday Morgan!!

Btw, do we see a bottom coming soon? Nothing but red all over
    02-06-18 08:31 AM
    Hey gang!

Thanks for the Birthday cheers! I didn't mean to start anything but this thread always goes far beyond the subject itself, we have something special here.

For my B'day I want the DOW to climb 400 pts just to make up for the nonsense that we got yesterday afternoon. I feel like suing Credit Swiss myself. That's was a pile of nonsense there. It seems that a normal correction of 10% was in the cards, the drop to the 100-dma for some major index occurred this morning and now we are positive.

As you know, I'm into pot now, my first trade in ACB.TO just to shut my brother-in-law up a bit. He constantly posts his gains in that stock and laughs at us for not living in Mexico all Winter like he can. So I thought I would show him how it is really done. Now I just need the stock to go way up. I'm a very private person at home, no one knows much about my trading or how well I do at it so he is about to be shocked.

The market looks at lot better today, sure, I bought a block of BB at $ 12.12 so I'm no good at timing. I plan on not only buying more, I will have a record amount once again as I believe in this company. The chart on BB still looks fine, its hard to believe that a monster correction like we have seen lately really didn't do that much to the stock, its well above $ 11.40/shr which used to be resistance.

Let's see how things play out, will I get my 400 pts today of not?

UPDATE!!! Sorry about that, I meant the 100-dma not the 200-dma. Big mistake there.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 02-06-18 at 10:57 AM.
    02-06-18 09:14 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Hey gang!

Thanks for the Birthday cheers! I didn't mean to start anything but this thread always goes far beyond the subject itself, we have something special here.

For my B'day I want the DOW to climb 400 pts just to make up for the nonsense that we got yesterday afternoon. I feel like suing Credit Swiss myself. That's was a pile of nonsense there. It seems that a normal correction of 10% was in the cards, the drop to the 100-dma for some major index occurred this morning and now we are positive.

As you know, I'm into pot now, my first trade in ACB.TO just to shut my brother-in-law up a bit. He constantly posts his gains in that stock and laughs at us for not living in Mexico all Winter like he can. So I thought I would show him how it is really done. Now I just need the stock to go way up. I'm a very private person at home, no one knows much about my trading or how well I do at it so he is about to be shocked.

The market looks at lot better today, sure, I bought a block of BB at $ 12.12 so I'm no good at timing. I plan on not only buying more, I will have a record amount once again as I believe in this company. The chart on BB still looks fine, its hard to believe that a monster correction like we have seen lately really didn't do that much to the stock, its well above $ 11.40/shr which used to be resistance.

Let's see how things play out, will I get my 400 pts today of not?

UPDATE!!! Sorry about that, I meant the 100-dma not the 200-dma. Big mistake there.
    Good call on Dow turnaround!..i was expecting it also... BlackBerry not really participating in it as much... it's still lagging other techs... BlackBerry and CEO Chen have more work to do... confident it's just a matter of time...

Posted via CB10
    02-06-18 02:49 PM
    OT: Meanwhile...

02-06-18 02:59 PM
    congratulations on your ACB bet Morgan8!
    now you can show your brother in law your gains 😂
    Greened and morganplus8 like this.
    02-06-18 03:23 PM
    Happy Birthday Morgan!

And in BB news.....I closed out my entire position of calls and stock at $13.40 and now back in. I figure worst I can do is see it go back to 10.80, but 11.80 seems like a good line in the sand to recover from.

Edit: $13.40 BB:NYSE
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-06-18 05:08 PM
    OT: Meanwhile...

This was the greatest thing.

The side boosters returning and landing in unison. Chills.
    02-06-18 08:20 PM
    02-07-18 08:27 AM
    Happy Birthday Morgan!

And in BB news.....I closed out my entire position of calls and stock at $13.40 and now back in. I figure worst I can do is see it go back to 10.80, but 11.80 seems like a good line in the sand to recover from.

Edit: $13.40 BB:NYSE
    Thanks for the warm wishes!

You did well, it wasn't the high for BB but you are in a couple of bucks lower now. It has nothing to do with the prospects for BB, rather, the general market was way over-bought.

I often say that you sell when the RSI is greater than 70 and you buy when it is below 30. The same goes for the general market, you could have bought any stock when the DOW and the S&P dropped below RSI=30 yesterday morning at the open.

I know BB didn't enjoy some of that big pop yesterday but I think that's because it got too far below it's 50-dma to make the come back. Let it base out a bit and then we'll make that move. As for Chen, where is he? Very quiet lately for BB.

GL
    02-07-18 08:31 AM
    ... Add me to the list of peeps that are glad to have your expertise here M8, and a hardy happy b-day sir!

I made a subtle 322% on ACB last Month. As you know, I like this above the others. Just remember that all good dealers traders never use their junk.

Waiting to pop back into our prized stock...

Ciao fellas!
    02-07-18 12:53 PM
    ... Add me to the list of peeps that are glad to have your expertise here M8, and a hardy happy b-day sir!

I made a subtle 322% on ACB last Month. As you know, I like this above the others. Just remember that all good dealers traders never use their junk.

Waiting to pop back into our prized stock...

Ciao fellas!
    Nice trade there! ACB is a difficult one, grossly over valued but there is some potential and they are trying to turn it into the next Amazon of Canada. I did my trade to shut up my crazy brother-in-law but now my wife knows about my plan and she said, and I quote, "I'll break your hands if you send him that trade confirmation". Is she kidding? I don't know the answer to that but I think I'll just enjoy the cash and save that confirmation for another day.

For the first time in a very long while, BB seems to have detached itself from the general market. It got dragged up a few pennies on the massive rally and then settled back slightly on the key reversal. I guess it isn't sexy enough for anyone to care right now. Come on Chen, drop a "positive" bomb on this one!
    02-07-18 01:55 PM
    Nice ... and I quote, "I'll break your hands if you send him that trade confirmation". Is she kidding?
    Heheee.. it's was probably meant as a one of those say-one-thing-and-mean-the-complete-opposite statements. That said, I don't claim to be an expert on interpreting anybody, women least of all.

Sorry for being a bit slow, but hope you had a happy birthday Morgan.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-08-18 07:42 AM
    Hey, I didn't mean to call out my own birthday!! Thanks for all of the shout outs for that.

I haven't posted a BB chart in awhile:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-feb-8-2018.png

I have mentioned in the past that BB is easy to chart now. I apply my lines and watch the stock trade within them and confirm the movement. This doesn't help with the movement of the stock as it has been forgotten in the mess of the bond market and general markets. The big markets are now locked inside the 50-dma and the 100-dma and it looks like we'll live in that range for at least another week. We are calmly drifting lower along with the weak market as it heads towards its 100-dma lows for a test of support. This level of trading is actually "normal" and sustainable.

BB is trading on low volume, as soon as the general market starts to find a base, so does BB. We can't rally on zero news and a market that wants to test its recent lows. The whole thing is boring for sure. To those who sold out above $ 13.00 you have a chance to re-enter when the general market approaches its lows around the 100-dma. We will get through this, apparently no one thought much about the damage that tax reform would do to interest rates. The tax reform was the reason I sold out of stock, went short and have now covered. This week we are seeing major borrowing by the US, it ends today and we'll see what the print is on the 10-year bond. If the yield backs off and heads toward 2.70% we'll see a rally in the stock market.

That's what I'm watching for, a treasury yield bottom this afternoon and a stock rebound. GL
    02-08-18 11:40 AM
    OT as a different kind of drive running on my side screen, my mind is wandering as I'm working:

Live Views of Starman (Tesla)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=aBr2kKAHN6M
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    02-08-18 01:19 PM
    you pegged it again Morgan!

at one point you mentioned that Chen needs to drop some positive news on us to rally, maybe they are waiting to drop the news until the market as a whole picks up again so the news has an even larger impact on stock price... I can dream right!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-08-18 02:34 PM
    you pegged it again Morgan!

at one point you mentioned that Chen needs to drop some positive news on us to rally, maybe they are waiting to drop the news until the market as a whole picks up again so the news has an even larger impact on stock price... I can dream right!
    The idiots that run the financial markets need to be locked up. We failed to close above the 50-dma on Tuesday and so the "only thing we can do now" is plummet to the lows of Monday. That's all we can do! What a bunch of morons.

I wouldn't blame John Chen if he walked away from these morons and let the dust clear. That said, these guys are morons, I can't stress that enough. There is no rule that we have to rush to test the lows that in fact are artificial to begin with. We will do this because computers tell us we HAVE to do this, but, at the end of the day, these guys are morons for letting this happen to the US of A.

We have to drop 900 plus points into RSI<30 on all indexes just so that a couple of stronger indexes can play along too. Lock them all up!!!
    02-08-18 02:49 PM
    I got out of the stock at higher levels. Hopefully it will move a little lower for a reentry point.
    02-08-18 08:28 PM
    Ambassador? You should be an Emperor by now! I knew you had a high ranking but come on ............ 4190 pages, 104,000 messages ...... unheard of.

I was so surprised to see you jump on that post! It proves that you are still watching over us, ... peace out!
    I do Morgan,
    thinking of you guys, the gang, on a very regular basis
    YOU guys rock and run the place like Emperors !
    Now, I'm just the one who "once started it" but it would have been nothing ... without the StockBerrians fellows !
    Mhoooo & Cheers !
    A.
    02-09-18 10:07 AM
113,256 ... 41924193419441954196 ...