View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow Morgonplus8. You called 13.3 and you nailed it!
    Any chance you've calculate the next lotto649 numbers too?
    Need to learn how you do it.
    Congratulations.
    No credit for that price level, the battle took place between $ 13.30 and last week's exhaustion low and the bottom fell out late in the day. I don't gamble, buy lottery tickets etc, .... when in Vegas I golf, ski or ride motorcycles, that's it. GL
    01-19-18 08:16 AM
    Thanks, Morgan.

After years of struggling based on fundamentals, market perception, and TA, BB has gotten out of it with a nice ascending triangle to confirm the uptrend. John Chen, Jarvis, IOT, quarterly performance, and many other things do contribute a lot to this. Based on the range of the ascending triangle, it looks like $16 is a good price target as the next top as we see how the next pattern forms. The break out of the ascending triangle also shows that we filled the gap from that massive $3 drop in 2013; finally. Support is available around $12 as the low point.

I would like to see $16 to $18 this year. And as more development and appreciation on IOT, QNX, Jarvis become more concrete, the market would give us way higher than $18. The market of self-driving cars has not reached full realization yet, and this is important for Blackberry.

It really helps that the media isn't talking about Blackberry as a phone company anymore. There is much more market appreciation (higher SP, I mean) to realize with Blackberry as a software company. I think, we would see it within the next 48 months. By then, the SP should be higher than $18. Man, I am tempted to accumulate more.

Attachment 433450
    Hi JLagoon!

I completely agree with your analysis, thanks for taking the time to respond. Awhile back I saw no less than two cup and handle formations going on, it doesn't get much better than that. The company is a different kind of beast today. I happen to have a very large short position in BB right now but never have I felt guilty about a trade, like this one.

I am usually cold-hearted and ruthless in my trades but this time it is different. I'll cover my short position and look to be long on this next period of consolidation. I can see us filling that gap just above $ 12.00 so you know when I'll be rolling out of my current trade! Thanks for confirming my own thoughts regarding BB's TA future. GL
    Corbu, JLagoon and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-19-18 08:25 AM
    If anyone is registered with Seeking Alfalfa, (I'm not), this could be of interest.

Published today, the author reports:

Some of the assumptions I made (regarding the possibility of a deal between Avaya and BlackBerry in order to end their patent infringement legal controversy) were contradicted by another registration.

Avaya is now quoted on the NYSE and the confusion about its official statements, as well some financial aspects linked to the BlackBerry litigation, should worry its shareholders.

seekingalpha.com/article/4138621-curious-case-avayas-multiple-registration-statements?
    Last edited by W Hoa; 01-19-18 at 09:47 AM.
    anon(9100201) and morganplus8 like this.
    01-19-18 09:25 AM
    Any Avaya claim by BlackBerry may not be that significant. Judging by the information below.

Avaya and Network-1 claims over patents

on December 15, 2017, the Debtors estimated that the total amount of general unsecured claims that will ultimately be allowed will total approximately $305,000,000 ($305 million) which, based on the treatment of general unsecured creditors therein, would result in estimated recoveries for the holders of general unsecured claims of approximately 19.7%.

On January 19, 2017, Avaya, .....filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 11 ....As part of the settlement, Avaya also agreed that Network-1 shall have an allowed general unsecured claim ("Allowed Claim") in the amount of $37,500,000, as amended, relating to all acts occurring on or before January 19, 2017.
    Network-1 Technologies has sold off this claim for $6.3 million.

NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 01/10/18 -- Network-1 Technologies, Inc. (NYSE American: NTIP) (NYSE MKT: NTIP) announced today that it sold its allowed general unsecured claim against Avaya, Inc. ("Avaya") for $6,320,000.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 01-19-18 at 10:44 AM.
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    01-19-18 10:30 AM
    Have seen some pretty crazy estimates regarding the possible BlackBerry claims against Avaya...would agree tempering expectations is reasonable.

I maybe way off, but was thinking (er...hoping) that BlackBerry's claim isn't included the $305M amount...BB has filed a lawsuit...but not sure if this would qualify for as a "allowed general unsecured claim" as it hasn't been established that anything is due. If this was the case, then the 19.7% haircut shouldn't be applied if the lawsuit goes in bb's favour.

Likely, wishful thinking....any lawyers out there?
    Corbu, W Hoa and morganplus8 like this.
    01-19-18 10:54 AM
    I have a very old registration with SA but too busy to read the above article, and include only their Conclusion for those interested :

SA Conclusion
    My previous article's assessment of a possible Avaya-BlackBerry deal, in order to end their legal dispute, just vanished due to Avaya's latest statement. The litigation between the two companies is still ongoing.

Yet, in order to exit from its Chapter 11 as soon as possible, Avaya accounted little to nothing in terms of reserves to face a possible negative outcome of this dispute.

Acting this way, the company has put its financial stability in serious trouble since an adverse court decision would consume all of its liquid assets.

Moreover, it is not yet clear what happened with Avaya's reporting procedure and what the real reason was for such serious delay in the issuance of a correct registration report last December, which greatly tarnished the company's credibility.

Avaya's potential investors and shareholders are advised: if BlackBerry will win the litigation, Avaya will find itself underwater... again! If your investment thesis is based upon the belief that Avaya already settled all its previous claims and litigations, please consider the information provided in this note.

It will be better off for management to seek a patent license deal with BlackBerry as soon as possible because right now, holding Avaya's shares could be a too risky option.
    W Hoa and morganplus8 like this.
    01-19-18 11:07 AM
    As of December 21 2017

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackvaya.jpg
    he_x3, morganplus8, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-19-18 11:51 AM
    I have a very old registration with SA but too busy to read the above article, and include only their Conclusion for those interested
    Thanks
    Corbu likes this.
    01-19-18 11:53 AM
    Could this be Jarvis? Taken from an article published last May

Macquarie analyst Gus Papageorgiou.... wrote that BlackBerry is working with luxury automakers Range Rover and Aston Martin to develop a security service that can remotely scan vehicles for viruses. This would enable drivers to pull over if they face critical danger from hackers, an increasing risk in the connected car environment. (Spokespeople declined to comment on the existence of the service.) His calculations assume this service would cost US$7.50 per month and be deployed in 10 million cars.
    Financial Post May 17, 2017

BlackBerry at US$45? Analyst predicts stock price could quadruple by 2020

Can't post link.

businessdotfinancialpostdotcom/technology/blackberry-stock-up-after-analyst-predicts-stock-price-could-quadruple-by-2020
    01-19-18 01:23 PM
    I believe it to be so.

All published on about the same date:
    https://ca.reuters.com/article/busin...CN18C2OW-OCABS
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/3580...-cyber-attack/
    BlackBerry Working with Aston Martin, Jaguar Land Rover to Develop Anti-hack Tool - TechStory

If you watch the short clip posted earlier, JC explains a bit about the fee structure, possible revenues per car, etc.

Cheers!
    01-19-18 01:41 PM
    I think Jarvis, as it currently stands, isn't at the stage contemplated by Gus P.

About 1:20 of the following video discusses the current offering and differentiates the scanning of the car future.

https://www.bnn.ca/video/blackberry-...ftware~1304359

The nice thing about Jarvis today is that the pay as you go model will result in revenue soon. The Gus P product will likely have the 18-24 month design vs revenue window.
    01-19-18 02:08 PM
    Still scratching my head about that presentation slide from QNX at CES 2018 that mentions Apple as a QNX customer:

Attachment 433449

I am curious, because I never read any PR about that relationship? Could anybody with contacts to the management verifiy this?
    My Google-fu isn't that good on a mobile, but try googling Apple Carplay (or whatever their car infotainment system was called) and QNX. Apple was touting at the time that auto manufacturers were going to offer it and they made it sound like it was iOS or straight out Apple tech was going in the dash. I believe we later learned that their solution (and Google's) had to run ON TOP of QNX's solution in order to work. That's probably where the partnership comes from.

As usual, someone please correct me if my memory is failing me. Thx.
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    01-19-18 04:40 PM

Financial Post May 17, 2017

BlackBerry at US$45? Analyst predicts stock price could quadruple by 2020

Can't post link.

businessdotfinancialpostdotcom/technology/blackberry-stock-up-after-analyst-predicts-stock-price-could-quadruple-by-2020
    Does this mean we can start planning our $100 / share party again? Maybe in 2023 or 2024? 😉
    Corbu, jsocan, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    01-19-18 06:24 PM
    Your memory is not failing at all. Lol

Here is a i sheep writer and all his blah blah blah!

https://www.imore.com/about-all-thos...ns-qnx-stories

and then someone who knows something.

Apple CarPlay Infotainment System Runs on BlackBerry's QNX | N4BB

and then some haters!

Sure, Apple's CarPlay runs on QNX—but that won’t save BlackBerry

cheers mates!
    01-20-18 01:11 PM
    Weekend reading. Because of BB's link with Ford, should be increasingly Industry positive:

Ford plans $11 billion investment in electric vehicles by 2022 | ZDNet
    "As reported by Reuters, the new figure is far higher than Ford has previously intended. As other automakers including Tesla, Chrysler, Volkswagen, and Nissan spend more and more on EV research, it may be that Ford is making a bid now to become one of the strongest market players in the future.
    In December, Ford and Alibaba inked a deal to "reshape" the Chinese automotive industry. Over the next three years, the companies intend to work together to introduce new automotive services in the country, as well as in other markets."
    01-20-18 03:46 PM
    Here is a i sheep writer and all his blah blah blah!
    On that note:

Cadillac Boss Criticizes “Extremely Clunky” Apple CarPlay

BY BradAnderson | Posted OnJANUARY 19, 2018

“It can bring a lot of functionality in the car, but I will also tell you it is extremely clunky. Apple map data is still at the early stage. It was not originally conceived for a vehicle traveling at 75 miles per hour. Like when it says turn left here — at the off-ramp you have passed. That kind of stuff will need further work,” he added.

Furthermore, the executive complained about the slow transitioning of apps when using Apple CarPlay. For example, he said that if a Cadillac driver is listening to satellite radio and then switches to Apple maps via voice activation, the connected iPhone can begin playing stored music, rather than Apple CarPlay switching back to satellite radio after a voice command has been completed.

“I don’t know if Apple is doing it deliberately or not, but I’m calling them out,” he said.
    cjcampbell, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    01-20-18 03:54 PM
    weekend music and yeah I know I have played it before. LOL

Cheers mates

P.S Notice no sheep in the video. Lmho

Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    01-20-18 04:56 PM
    Nice added functionality for those with a new Jag in the UK.

Wonder how much QNX played into making this possible

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/14/ja...-gas-stations/
    W Hoa, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-20-18 11:03 PM
    My Google-fu isn't that good on a mobile, but try googling Apple Carplay (or whatever their car infotainment system was called) and QNX. Apple was touting at the time that auto manufacturers were going to offer it and they made it sound like it was iOS or straight out Apple tech was going in the dash. I believe we later learned that their solution (and Google's) had to run ON TOP of QNX's solution in order to work. That's probably where the partnership comes from.

I really hope that the reason for Apple being mentioned on the slide was not just due to CarPlay being able to run on QNX since it can also run on Linux systems. I would rather prefer some kind of partnership where Apple ditches its own car OS plans and goes with QNX instead.
    01-21-18 09:07 AM
    On that note:

Cadillac Boss Criticizes “Extremely Clunky” Apple CarPlay

BY BradAnderson | Posted OnJANUARY 19, 2018
    I can't help but think of the irony in this. Cadillac's CUE system is absolute shyte. Those that know me, know I am no Apple fan, but I think De Nysschen shouldn't throw stones.
    morganplus8, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    01-21-18 09:32 AM
    1:21 PM - 19 Jan 2018
    Norm Kelly‏ @norm
    On this day in 1999, Research in Motion announced the BlackBerry. A pager that provided mobile email use.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dt7vxd-umaehnmm.jpg
    01-21-18 10:22 AM
    1:21 PM - 19 Jan 2018
    Norm Kelly‏ @norm
    On this day in 1999, Research in Motion announced the BlackBerry. A pager that provided mobile email use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DT7vxD-UMAEhNMm.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	433516
    Memory lane!!!

Thanks mate! !!
    Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    01-21-18 02:48 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    https://cases.primeclerk.com/avaya/H...lue=blackberry

Please disregard if already posted.. Feb 15th date for Avaya.. am I reading this correctly?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-18 04:19 PM
    https://finance.yahoo.com/video/blac...211708622.html
    BlackBerry could make an opensource version of QNX, but not in the near future says CEO

At CES 2018, BlackBerry CEO John Chen explained why the company has no immediate plans to make its QNX platform open source.
    01-22-18 10:34 AM
    01-22-18 04:35 PM
113,250 ... 41894190419141924193 ...