View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Should read.....it's quite likely that BlackBerry will be able to make a huge impression in the global auto industry
    So right. But that piece is from The Canadian Press and was also published in the G&F, so don't expect too much support...
    morganplus8, rarsen, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    01-14-18 04:53 PM
    OT: Ford
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...KBN1F30YZ?il=0
    Ford plans $11 billion investment, 40 electric vehicles by 2022

01-14-18 07:34 PM
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/62497074.cms
    Optiemus eyes 10% of India's premium phone market with BlackBerry
    dusdal, morganplus8, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    01-14-18 10:07 PM
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ch/1032951001/
    Car hacking remains a very real threat as autos become ever more loaded with tech

morganplus8, W Hoa, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-15-18 07:14 AM
    https://www.bnn.ca/video/blackberry-...market~1303783

BlackBerry CEO John Chen is set to announce a new product, and provide insights on the company’s strategy from here, at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Peter Misek, partner at BDC IT Venture Fund, joins BNN to talk about BlackBerry’s focus on self-driving cars.
    01-15-18 08:19 AM
    https://www.bnn.ca/video/blackberry-...market~1303783

BlackBerry CEO John Chen is set to announce a new product, and provide insights on the company’s strategy from here, at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Peter Misek, partner at BDC IT Venture Fund, joins BNN to talk about BlackBerry’s focus on self-driving cars.
    The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) has announced that BlackBerry Executive Chairman & CEO John Chen will deliver a keynote address to the conference live from the Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan. The presentation will take place on Monday, January 15, 2018 at 2:10 PM EST and will be globally livestreamed.

The keynote will cover BlackBerry’s transformation into a world leader in cybersecurity solutions and services with special attention paid to BlackBerry’s emergence as one of the most trusted partners in the automotive industry. During the address, BlackBerry will also unveil and demonstrate a new product that will help to shape and secure the future of connected and self-driving cars.

Click https://livestream.com/accounts/5716...CampaignId=982

on Monday, January 15, 2018 at 2:10 PM EST to see the live stream
    W Hoa, Corbu, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    01-15-18 09:36 AM
    BlackBerry to introduce Jarvis today

Built on the company’s decades of cybersecurity expertise and proprietary technology, Jarvis is a one-of-its-kind cloud-based static binary code scanning solution that identifies vulnerabilities in software used in automobiles. Jarvis scans and delivers deep actionable insights in minutes, what would otherwise involve manually scanning that will take large numbers of experts and an impractical amount of time.

Mr. Chen continued: “Jarvis is a game-changer for OEMs because for the first time they have a complete, consistent, and near real-time view into the security posture of a vehicle’s entire code base along with the insights and deep learning needed to predict and fix vulnerabilities, ensure compliance, and remain a step ahead of bad actors.”

How Jarvis Works

Offered on a pay-as-you-go usage basis, Jarvis is customised for the unique needs of each OEM and their entire software supply chain. Once initiated, automakers will have online access to Jarvis and can scan any number of binary files at every stage of software development. This includes the capability to evaluate new software under consideration as well as the ability to assess existing software already in production. Once scanned, development teams have immediate access to the results via user-friendly dashboards with specific cautions and advisories.

In addition to cost and time savings, BlackBerry Jarvis helps ensure that production software adheres to industry standards such as MISRA and CERT, and enables OEMs to define custom rules to meet organisation-specific objectives.

BlackBerry has already begun trailing Jarvis with some of the world’s largest automakers.

“Jaguar Land Rover and BlackBerry share a common objective in bringing the most intelligent vehicles to reality” said Dr. Ralf Speth, CEO, Jaguar Land Rover. “BlackBerry Jarvis addresses the software cybersecurity needs of the automotive industry. In our independent study, Jarvis delivered excellent efficiencies in time-to-market, significantly reducing the time to security assess code from thirty days to seven minutes. The productivity delivered by Jarvis combined with BlackBerry’s trusted security heritage can transform vehicle safety.”

BlackBerry unveils solution to identify vulnerabilities in automobiles - Automotive Industries
    Last edited by W Hoa; 01-15-18 at 11:47 AM.
    01-15-18 11:37 AM
    01-15-18 01:20 PM
    01-15-18 02:10 PM
    Thanks W Hoa
    Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-15-18 04:38 PM
    so, this Jarvis, I can see it having a bit of a slow start and then once they announce they find a few known threats, it might snowball.
    seems like a hell of a concept.
    rarsen, Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-15-18 05:27 PM
    01-15-18 05:41 PM
    https://www.bnn.ca/video/blackberry-...m-here~1304369

'blockchain is something we could accomodate'

as well he discusses more on the big opportunities in the auto sector

other than us here, how did other companies not see the potential of QNX

4min mark, he says some to the effect of, "We will be sure we are in the heart of every car you want to buy lease or use as a service"

He is definitely jazzed up and talking with confidence.
    Ba da da da dah, I'm lovin it!
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    01-15-18 05:44 PM
    in regards to the Hawaii 'misfires' of the ballistic missile attack

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2018/01/dont-panic/

Sorry, by the time I posted this, I didn't realize BBdog had already got it up for us
    Corbu likes this.
    01-15-18 05:53 PM
    Sorry, by the time I posted this, I didn't realize BBdog had already got it up for us

No worries mate it's all Blackberry material. Cheers and all the best mate.
    Corbu and farmwersteve like this.
    01-15-18 06:03 PM
    01-15-18 07:42 PM
    01-15-18 07:44 PM
    My two cents on Jarvis: it is brilliant add-on to BlackBerry's software portfolios. It is going to be mixed in BTS segment. I believe more products will be added to this segments. Think of this way, when BTS revenue increases from 40 million per quarter to some 100 or 200 million per quarter in the next couple of years, no one will figure out exactly how much revenue each product within BTS brings. This will put the competitors and paying customers in the dark for a while. As long as total revenue grows, investors should be happy and analysts will need even work harder to model blackberry.
    01-15-18 08:16 PM
    Big gap up in the premarket so far. No one here seems excited?
    01-16-18 08:06 AM
    I think some are short
    01-16-18 08:36 AM
    We've learned to temper our enthusiasm over the last five six and a bit years.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 01-16-18 at 09:43 AM.
    01-16-18 09:04 AM
    We've learned to temper our enthusiasm over the last five years.
    Right on, W Hoa...
    01-16-18 09:16 AM
    We've learned to temper our enthusiasm over the last five years.
    Five ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    Corbu, W Hoa, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    01-16-18 09:40 AM
    Five ?
    Edited lol
    01-16-18 09:44 AM
    Edited lol
    I believe you just got schooled by the Emperor of this thread! Ha! Very funny.

That is a long time.
    W Hoa, Corbu, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    01-16-18 09:53 AM
113,256 ... 41874188418941904191 ...