View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Morgan
    have you covered that short and back in yet so the stock price can go back up again !

this was more fun yesterday
    I added to the short position when the stock failed to stay above its uptrend line during mid-afternoon trade. Two days ago the price had to close at aprox. $ 14.60/shr in order to continue that rally and it closed at $ 14.40/shr. I could see it breaking down on the 3-minute chart and added a very large block at $ 14.50/shr plus or minus two pennies. Yesterday it gapped down and then broke a decent support line right away leading me to maintain that short. Support is at $ 13.50. $ 13.25/shr and then its down towards that gap just above $ 12.00/shr. I can cover at any moment so I'll watch it for signs that it is finding support.

This whole thing about Chen reporting a "new product on Monday" is possibly over-blown as BB would be sued big time if they told you to wait for important news and then after the stock goes to $ 15.00/shr it isn't that exciting leaving those with instant losses ... to think he pumped the stock. So I don't think the news will have a short term effect on revenues or EPS so I'm likely to carry my short into that news. It's a gamble, most of investing involves risk and I'm prepared for what happens. Best of luck, I have said it many times that this trade is more about the disrespect that BB gets then my personal feelings about its value. I'll own a record amount of the stock soon enough. GL
    01-11-18 08:08 AM
    I added to the short position when the stock failed to stay above its uptrend line during mid-afternoon trade. Two days ago the price had to close at aprox. $ 14.60/shr in order to continue that rally and it closed at $ 14.40/shr. I could see it breaking down on the 3-minute chart and added a very large block at $ 14.50/shr plus or minus two pennies. Yesterday it gapped down and then broke a decent support line right away leading me to maintain that short. Support is at $ 13.50. $ 13.25/shr and then its down towards that gap just above $ 12.00/shr. I can cover at any moment so I'll watch it for signs that it is finding support.

This whole thing about Chen reporting a "new product on Monday" is possibly over-blown as BB would be sued big time if they told you to wait for important news and then after the stock goes to $ 15.00/shr it isn't that exciting leaving those with instant losses ... to think he pumped the stock. So I don't think the news will have a short term effect on revenues or EPS so I'm likely to carry my short into that news. It's a gamble, most of investing involves risk and I'm prepared for what happens. Best of luck, I have said it many times that this trade is more about the disrespect that BB gets then my personal feelings about its value. I'll own a record amount of the stock soon enough. GL
    Thank-you for taking the time to reply. It makes a lot of sense, but I still prefer the uptrend we had!
    Let's us know when you go long again, I am sure there are a few of us waiting ng for you to flip back

BTW any new thoughts on sphs?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-11-18 08:19 AM
    This whole thing about Chen reporting a "new product on Monday"
    NYSE is closed on Monday for holiday. Would be interesting to have an announcement that day
    01-11-18 08:27 AM
    01-11-18 09:02 AM
    Speaking of next Monday:

The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) has announced that BlackBerry Executive Chairman & CEO John Chen will deliver a keynote address to the conference live from the Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan. The presentation will take place on Monday, January 15, 2018 at 2:10 PM EST and will be globally livestreamed.

The keynote will cover BlackBerry’s transformation into a world leader in cybersecurity solutions and services with special attention paid to BlackBerry’s emergence as one of the most trusted partners in the automotive industry. During the address, BlackBerry will also unveil and demonstrate a new product that will help to shape and secure the future of connected and self-driving cars.

Click here on Monday, January 15, 2018 at 2:10 PM EST to see the live stream
    rarsen, W Hoa, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    01-11-18 09:16 AM
    BlackBerry will also unveil and demonstrate a new product that will help to shape and secure the future of connected and self-driving cars.

Click here on Monday, January 15, 2018 at 2:10 PM EST to see the live stream
    Unless Chen is exceptionally long winded that day perhaps we will get a look at this new product before the TSX close on Monday.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    01-11-18 09:53 AM
    Thank-you for taking the time to reply. It makes a lot of sense, but I still prefer the uptrend we had!
    Let's us know when you go long again, I am sure there are a few of us waiting ng for you to flip back

BTW any new thoughts on sphs?
    No problem, ask questions anytime you wish. I missed your question last night using my phone. I would like to see the stock move up at a slower pace and hold those gains. The last run at the start of the week was just too far too fast.

Looks like we are heading for the $ 13.25/shr area that I talked about. There has been zero hint that buyers are waiting to snap up some shares. I'll follow the TA lower and decide when to go long, I'm thinking we'll dip below $ 13.00 as a start. We have to remember that when a large holder of the stock begins to sell out above $ 14.00 a share, they can sell the balance of their position much lower then you or I would like because they know they are only going to get the average price of the sale anyway. You and I go for a set price and we are out.

I'll be sure to post my next move for you!

As for SPHS, they did a presentation with zero data from their patient dosing study. Because of that, the stock fell back. I want to hear from the first patient just like everyone else. I'm so ready for this one to move! Be patient as that data has to start coming out soon.
    01-11-18 12:17 PM
    Slightly off topic but still important to BB, the Dow Jones looks like it has reached an inflection point:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dow-jones-jan-11-2018.png

THE DJII has been at an RSI=80 or greater for several months now. The rally was justified by the implications of the tax cut. But it appears as though it might, at the very least, move sideways from today's high. Who the heck knows .....................
    01-11-18 01:00 PM
    Looks like we are heading for the $ 13.25/shr area that I talked about. There has been zero hint that buyers are waiting to snap up some shares. I'll follow the TA lower and decide when to go long, I'm thinking we'll dip below $ 13.00 as a start. We have to remember that when a large holder of the stock begins to sell out above $ 14.00 a share, they can sell the balance of their position much lower then you or I would like because they know they are only going to get the average price of the sale anyway. You and I go for a set price and we are out.
    Hey Morgan, since it looks like we'll fail to hit the 13.25 range and staying near the support line, does this mean that we might stick in this range and not fall into the 12s?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-11-18 02:54 PM
    TCL Wins Multiple Awards at CES 2018

Awards won by TCL at CES 2018 include:

Global Business Security Mobile Phone of the Year - BlackBerry KEYone by IDG
    2017-2018 Global Smart Phones Brands Top 20 by IDG
    2017-2018 Global Smart Connected Device Brands Top 20 by IDG

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tcl-w...162300688.html
    Corbu, rarsen, cjcampbell and 4 others like this.
    01-11-18 02:59 PM
    Hey Morgan, since it looks like we'll fail to hit the 13.25 range and staying near the support line, does this mean that we might stick in this range and not fall into the 12s?
    I don't expect it to crash through several supports, say one after the other! We could base out tomorrow, drop as low as $ 13.10 or climb as high as $ 13.80, that's the crazy range we have set ourselves up for. At $ 13.80/shr we are even on the week.

Look at the Dow Jones, it shot up in the final 1/2 hour and took out my overhead line. We live in crazy times. I'll be close to my screen tomorrow to see how we shape up. If BB can climb above $ 13.50/shr and hold that level, we are likely to reverse for the rest of the day. I can't call it tonight but it has been in a bit of a funk the past two days so who knows! GL
    01-11-18 04:02 PM
    This whole thing about Chen reporting a "new product on Monday" is possibly over-blown as BB would be sued big time if they told you to wait for important news and then after the stock goes to $ 15.00/shr it isn't that exciting leaving those with instant losses ... to think he pumped the stock. So I don't think the news will have a short term effect on revenues or EPS so I'm likely to carry my short into that news
    Morgan mate ! I truly don't see how BB would be sued over this. They are only telling people they will be releasing a new product on Monday. Many companies do such a thing. I hear months before about a new tin-can being released on such a date.

Cheers mate
    01-11-18 05:08 PM
    My guess is they embed location tracking and provide a google navigation /maps /traffic routing service without giving Google the data.
    01-11-18 10:09 PM
    Did anybody see any articles or reports about the HMI Plattform from Denso and BlackBerry? I thought it was supposed to be introduced at CES 2018, but so far I could not find any news about it?
    01-12-18 02:08 AM

zdnetvideo
    Published on Jan 12, 2018
    At CES 2018, BlackBerry CEO John Chen outlined the company's strategy for IoT. The company will focus on the automotive market and its QNX platform first and then explore opportunities in healthcare, energy exploration, government IT, and other sectors.
    01-12-18 09:12 AM
    Hi Morgan8, when you have a minute may I know your thoughts about today's trade and opinion for next week or future trade
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-12-18 01:57 PM
    BNN.ca readers' year-end poll: Morneau will go, Chen pens success at BlackBerry

BNN.ca users ... felt strongly about BlackBerry’s John Chen being the architect of 2017’s most impressive turnaround (with 73 per cent of the vote)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bnn-year-end-poll-question-3.png

https://www.bnn.ca/bnn-ca-readers-ye...berry-1.966341
    01-12-18 03:51 PM
    Hi Morgan8, when you have a minute may I know your thoughts about today's trade and opinion for next week or future trade
    Hi masterful,

Today was a nice quiet day, half of yesterdays volume and a higher high and a higher low so a good day. For the past two weeks:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-jan-12-2018.jpg

We went from below $ 11.25 to above $ 14.50/shr and gave back about 1/3 of that gain placing us back inside the BB Bands and below RSI=70. Everything looks good for more news on Monday when only the Canadian market will be open. I have no clue what John Chen has for a new product, if it is like RADAR and has killer security and goes on every living mobile product in the world, look out! I don't know. If he presents something that isn't ready to deliver revenues or EPS anytime soon, we might be backing up from this lofty level.

As you can see in the chart, we are neutral at this point and could head in either direction. Sorry for sitting on the fence but that is what traders are giving us today.

The big story is the DOW Jones, will it continue to rally, a 10% correction would seem like a major correction from here but it would also be normal at this point. The US begins reporting earnings and we will soon learn what the tax cut means to these companies when they provide guidance.

I'll let someone else jump in here and give their opinion, cheers!
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    01-12-18 06:19 PM
    thanks for your time and input Morgan8
    01-12-18 07:07 PM
    Got my wife a Blackberry KEYone phone and I have to admit its a nice phone.

Cheers!
    01-13-18 01:02 PM
    The military in Hawaii uses AtHoc from BlackBerry. Maybe the civilian authorities should too. So as not to scare the citizenry half to death by mistake.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-hawaii.jpg
    01-13-18 05:34 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    01-13-18 06:08 PM
    Monday afternoon John Chen, CEO of Blackberry, will speak on the Atrium stage and announce a new cybersecurity product aimed at protecting data collected and processed by connected and autonomous vehicles.
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ars/946075001/
    rarsen, La Emperor, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    01-14-18 10:33 AM
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen sees Detroit auto show as next stop on road to future | The Chronicle Herald

TORONTO — BlackBerry Ltd., a company increasingly focused on technology for the self-driving vehicle market, is making an inaugural visit to North America's biggest auto show in Detroit, where CEO John Chen's team says the company will debut a new product on Monday.

Over the past five years, the chief executive gradually reduced the Waterloo, Ont.-based company's dependence on smartphone sales in a crowded market and repositioned the company formerly known as Research in Motion as an innovator in cybersecurity and software.

Chen sees BlackBerry's first appearance at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) — one of the global industry's major annual show-and-tell events — as the next stop on his roadmap for the company.

"With cybersecurity increasingly a focus of automakers and regulators alike, our invitation to address NAIAS is a reflection of software's primacy in vehicles and our position as a cybersecurity leader," said Chen, who is also BlackBerry's executive chairman.

The company has a lot riding on its BlackBerry QNX division, a formerly independent Ottawa-based software developer that's made inroads with Ford Motor Co. and automotive suppliers around the world.

It's possible that BlackBerry (TSX:BB) will be able to make a dent in the global auto industry by embedding its software into the next generations of automated vehicles, but it is still early days in that market and too soon to tell whether it will succeed.

"I do think they are a top contender (in this field), especially for Canada," said Alexandra Cutean, director of research for the Information and Communications Technology Council, an Ottawa-based think-tank.

Her research shows the German and American automotive sectors are considered world leaders. Sweden, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, China, Italy and South Korea are also in the race.

[...]
    01-14-18 12:26 PM
    It's possible that BlackBerry (TSX:BB) will be able to make a dent in the global auto industry
    Should read.....it's quite likely that BlackBerry will be able to make a huge impression in the global auto industry
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-14-18 04:25 PM
113,256 ... 41864187418841894190 ...