View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    QNX News‏ @QNX_News
    We're ready to go at North Hall Booth 7523 at #CES2018 ! Visit #BlackBerryQNX to learn why ours is the safe and secure foundational software for connected and #autonomousvehicles . BlackBerry QNX at CES 2018

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dtha9t0vqaeo7ou.jpg
    01-09-18 12:10 PM
    Take away from the article....

One sign of encouragement for TCL: Roughly half of the customers who end up buying one of its BlackBerry phones are switching from an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S phone. That suggests the company is potentially winning back old BlackBerry fans who gave up on the brand or attracting new enthusiasts.
    01-09-18 12:15 PM
    Some # on since JC took over, stock since Nov 4, 2013 closed at 6.49 that day is up over 120% basically matching Apple at about 130% and beating all indexes handily like the SP500 up 55% or even Nasdaq 100 up 98%. Ofcourse that can change tomorrow, but still noteworthy for those that criticized him as ineffective. His modus operandi has been the same as at Sybase. I think he deserved tremendous credit as does Sandeep Chennakeshu for turning this company around. Sandeep is the #2 person at BB, make no mistake about that. He is in charge of QNX and the BTS group, and John Wall reports to him.
    01-09-18 03:24 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great insights as always Kadak!.. where do you see the revs, eps, and SP two years from now? (I don't ask much, lol)

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    01-09-18 04:01 PM
    Nicely said Kadakn01! Totally agree with your view of the BlackBerry team.

Cheers mate!
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    01-09-18 04:50 PM
    Some # on since JC took over, stock since Nov 4, 2013 closed at 6.49 that day is up over 120% basically matching Apple at about 130% and beating all indexes handily like the SP500 up 55% or even Nasdaq 100 up 98%. Ofcourse that can change tomorrow, but still noteworthy for those that criticized him as ineffective. His modus operandi has been the same as at Sybase. I think he deserved tremendous credit as does Sandeep Chennakeshu for turning this company around. Sandeep is the #2 person at BB, make no mistake about that. He is in charge of QNX and the BTS group, and John Wall reports to him.
    Hi Kadakn01,

Have your hedge fund friends covered their short positions?

Thanks in advance.
    01-09-18 06:26 PM
    Must watch:
    https://cheddar.com/videos/how-black...le-technology/

How Blackberry Software is Powering Autonomous Vehicle Technology
    January 9, 2018

One of the key themes at this year's CES is connected car technology. Cheddar CEO Jon Steinberg speaks with Blackberry Chief Marketing Officer Mark Wilson about how its technology is powering autonomous vehicle technology.

"We offer the highest level of security within the auto industry," said Wilson. "Security is in our DNA. It is how the company was formed."

Steinberg and Wilson go inside an Aston Martin vehicle powered by Blackberry's QNX software technology at CES. Wilson explains this infotainment system is integrated with Google apps.
    01-09-18 07:38 PM

BlackBerry QNX
    Published on Jan 9, 2018
    Autonomous cars contain the most complex software ever deployed by automakers. With cyber threats to vehicles on the rise, it is imperative for software to be safety certified, reliable and secure.
    01-09-18 07:42 PM
    Must watch:
    https://cheddar.com/videos/how-black...le-technology/

How Blackberry Software is Powering Autonomous Vehicle Technology
    January 9, 2018

One of the key themes at this year's CES is connected car technology. Cheddar CEO Jon Steinberg speaks with Blackberry Chief Marketing Officer Mark Wilson about how its technology is powering autonomous vehicle technology.

"We offer the highest level of security within the auto industry," said Wilson. "Security is in our DNA. It is how the company was formed."

Steinberg and Wilson go inside an Aston Martin vehicle powered by Blackberry's QNX software technology at CES. Wilson explains this infotainment system is integrated with Google apps.

Great video! Thanks for sharing. I had to play it on my laptop as my BlackBerry 10 browser is not supported, one of the few times I have run into this issue.

I have noticed the narrative and the storyline have switched with both the media and some of the investment analysts who cover the stock. A lot more conversations and questions regarding the business at hand and not so many questions regarding handsets and devices.

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    01-09-18 09:27 PM
    Yes it is up nicely, but there was a year long dry spell where other stocks rose sharply while BlackBerry remained flat. I still stand by my critic of John Chen for not being proactive enough with shareholders and the media, but fortunately he has made a 180 degree turn and now beats the drum heavily. And suddenly the shares spiked.
    01-10-18 12:41 AM
    AtHoc news:

AMERICAN SYSTEMS has been awarded a $68.6 million contract to implement an emergency mass notification system for the U.S. Air Force.

Under the 5-year contract, AMERICAN SYSTEMS will implement a cloud-based enterprise emergency notification system solution using the BlackBerry AtHoc Alert system on an Amazon Web Services cloud platform.
    https://www.washingtonexec.com/2018/...rgency-alerts/
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    01-10-18 07:59 AM
    NVIDIA:
    https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/n...iving-platform
    NVIDIA Announces World’s First Functionally Safe AI Self-Driving Platform

Software: Integrates world-leading safety technology from key partners. NVIDIA DRIVE OS system software integrates BlackBerry QNX’s 64-bit real-time operating system, which is ASIL-D safety certified, along with TTTech’s MotionWise safety application framework, which encapsulates each application and isolates them from each other, while providing real-time computing capability. NVIDIA DRIVE OS offers full support of Adaptive AUTOSAR, the open-standard automotive system

Industry Partner Support
    “The deep learning capabilities that NVIDIA provides combined with BlackBerry QNX’s safety- critical real-time operating system are exactly what automakers want and need,” said John Chen, executive chairman and CEO, BlackBerry. “Our partnership with NVIDIA will provide the automotive industry with a functionally safe AI self-driving platform that is secured to the highest standards.”
    rarsen, W Hoa, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    01-10-18 08:28 AM
    Not sure if this was posted:

Globe says Coupland keeps BlackBerry at "neutral"

2018-01-05 06:10 ET - In the News

The Globe and Mail reports in its Friday, Jan. 5, edition that CIBC analyst Todd Coupland boosted his target for BlackBerry ($13.37) to $15 from $13 after the company announced plans with Baidu "to collaborate to accelerate the deployment of connected and autonomous vehicle technology for auto OEMS and suppliers worldwide" (all figures U.S.). The Globe's Gillian Livingston writes in the Eye On Equities column that Mr. Coupland continues to rate BlackBerry "neutral." The median share price target is $10. Mr. Coupland says in a note: "As further details emerge, we expect it to have a positive impact on BlackBerry's share price. Recall our view was that material real-time QNX design wins are needed for a positive auto thesis. This Baidu announcement is a step in the right direction and supports our price target increase. Baidu selected QNX for its safety-certified production systems as these are top priorities for production-ready autonomous driving, intelligent connectivity and intelligent traffic systems. QNX's hypervisor also allows Baidu to consolidate vehicle systems to lower costs including ADAS, infotainment, gateways and cloud services."
    01-10-18 10:38 AM
    Great insights as always Kadak!.. where do you see the revs, eps, and SP two years from now? (I don't ask much, lol)

Posted via CB10
    While that is hard to speculate on, I can say this. Even if we assume BlackBerry gets its "fair share" of the automotive autonomous mkt, and the Rev goes from $2.50 per car to say $15 on average (blend of some at $25 and some at say $5) and 50% mkt share of say 150M cars a year, or nearly 900M rev on QNX, and say another 700M for remaining business, even at 1.6B, that is "stage 2" , as "stage 3" would be a radar lite product for say robotics, etc, and IOT that would surpass that by a large margin. I think the issue with most people who look at BB, including analysts is they are way to narrow on the potential products that are coming out that haven't even been announced and that will dwarf QNX at some point. Now the analysts have heard all of what I just wrote as well, it's just they "choose" to ignore it and stay with their biased views.
    I can see a share price on QNX alone at $20, and with the remaining opportunities, North of that significantly. Another project called "Halo" for now is essentially a diagnostics tool for binary code that BlackBerry can use and already has saving lots of money to fix issues in a number of industries, not just automotive.
    The discussion on Linux is a joke. AGL, and the related will continue to pressure QNX on the infotainment side, but that isn't where the opportunity is. In the critical components, such as level 4 ADAS, coming out this year in a broad sense, and elsewhere in the car, QNX will win most of that business as Linux is a security nightmare, again something Sandeep and John Wall have talked about in length, that analysts choose to ignore.
    01-10-18 04:34 PM
    Hi Kadakn01,

Have your hedge fund friends covered their short positions?

Thanks in advance.
    They are continuing to as I said previously it will take time, as just today short interest dropped to 41 from 43M, as of end of 2017. Slowly and surely they will cover as the expected growth rate accelerates of BB, eventually turning Net Long on BlackBerry as a basket trade in autonomous
    01-10-18 04:36 PM
    Morgan
    have you covered that short and back in yet so the stock price can go back up again !

this was more fun yesterday
    La Emperor and morganplus8 like this.
    01-10-18 05:39 PM
    While that is hard to speculate on, I can say this. Even if we assume BlackBerry gets its "fair share" of the automotive autonomous mkt, and the Rev goes from $2.50 per car to say $15 on average (blend of some at $25 and some at say $5) and 50% mkt share of say 150M cars a year, or nearly 900M rev on QNX, and say another 700M for remaining business, even at 1.6B, that is "stage 2" , as "stage 3" would be a radar lite product for say robotics, etc, and IOT that would surpass that by a large margin. I think the issue with most people who look at BB, including analysts is they are way to narrow on the potential products that are coming out that haven't even been announced and that will dwarf QNX at some point. Now the analysts have heard all of what I just wrote as well, it's just they "choose" to ignore it and stay with their biased views.
    I can see a share price on QNX alone at $20, and with the remaining opportunities, North of that significantly. Another project called "Halo" for now is essentially a diagnostics tool for binary code that BlackBerry can use and already has saving lots of money to fix issues in a number of industries, not just automotive.
    The discussion on Linux is a joke. AGL, and the related will continue to pressure QNX on the infotainment side, but that isn't where the opportunity is. In the critical components, such as level 4 ADAS, coming out this year in a broad sense, and elsewhere in the car, QNX will win most of that business as Linux is a security nightmare, again something Sandeep and John Wall have talked about in length, that analysts choose to ignore.
    Just had to repost. I could not have said it any better. Cheers mate!
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-10-18 06:00 PM
    Just had to repost. I could not have said it any better. Cheers mate!
    Dude, at least wait until we scroll to the next page!
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    01-10-18 06:23 PM
    Dude, at least wait until we scroll to the next page!
    SORRY!!!

Don't get mad when I repost it again on the next page. Lol
    morganplus8, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    01-10-18 06:28 PM
    SORRY!!!

Don't get mad when I repost it again on the next page. Lol
    Which I will gladly do if you don't, bbjdog!

Thanks K. Well said!
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    01-10-18 07:26 PM
    Which I will gladly do if you don't, bbjdog!

Thanks K. Well said!
    I believe that you will be doing the posting mate! Leafs are loosing and I'm going to enjoy that case of beer Morgan delivered to me. LMHO
    01-10-18 07:46 PM
    Apologies if this article on Mercedes dropping QNX. Has been posted before.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/413...lackberrys-qnx
    01-11-18 06:44 AM
    Apologies if this article on Mercedes dropping QNX. Has been posted before.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/413...lackberrys-qnx
    that article is a little strange. the guy appears to not like BB very much, and he views this news through that lens.
    that the infotainment system has gone from QNX to Linux is one thing, but another is that it runs it on an Nvidia chip. those of us who have been following the news lately know who Nvidia have chosen as their base OS. So to say that Mercedes is lost as a costumer to QNX based on that they are using Linux for now, seems a bit premature and disingenuous. did somebody say AGL can run on hypervisor 2.0?
    W Hoa, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-11-18 07:22 AM
    BlackBerry short position:

Symbol 12/29/17 12/15/17 Chg % Chg

BB 41,243,369 43,525,155 -2,281,786 -5.2
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    01-11-18 07:24 AM
    that article is a little strange. the guy appears to not like BB very much, and he views this news through that lens.
    that the infotainment system has gone from QNX to Linux is one thing, but another is that it runs it on an Nvidia chip. those of us who have been following the news lately know who Nvidia have chosen as their base OS. So to say that Mercedes is lost as a costumer to QNX based on that they are using Linux for now, seems a bit premature and disingenuous. did somebody say AGL can run on hypervisor 2.0?
    Well said. Typical Santos SA hit piece...
    rarsen, morganplus8, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    01-11-18 07:54 AM
113,251 ... 41854186418741884189 ...