Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And this, from JC:

The Road Ahead | Inside BlackBerry

"...continues today with NVIDIA’s announcement that BlackBerry QNX’s safety-certified operating system has been chosen to be the foundation for NVIDIA’s functionally safe AI self-driving development platform. Automotive makers across the world will have the ability to develop self-driving vehicles leveraging the latest AI technology and GPU-based processing power of the NVIDIA DRIVE platform, built on the critical safety framework required to take self-driving vehicles to market."

There is a good narrative going.
    01-08-18 12:13 AM
    Finally, John Chen is starting to beat the PR drum in a massive way
    dusdal likes this.
    01-08-18 02:05 AM
    Talking about Nvidia and Baidu...
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/08/ces-...less-cars.html

Nvidia partners with Uber, Volkswagen and Baidu on driverless cars

• Nvidia has partnered with Uber, Volkswagen and China's Baidu in driverless cars
    • Uber will use Nvidia's graphics chips for the artificial intelligence computing system in its fleet of self-driving cars and trucks
    • Volkswagen will use the Nvidia Drive IX software kit in its new I.D. Buzz microbus concept
    • Baidu and Nvidia are creating an autonomous driving platform for China

01-08-18 07:20 AM
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohn.../#3c42f2bf4178
    Nvidia Expands Its Drive For Robocar Tech Supremacy With VW, Uber Alliances

In addition to the two new partnerships, Huang talked about Nvidia’s plans to partner with autonomous tech startup Aurora on a computing platform, expand its cooperation in China with Baidu and parts maker ZF, work with BlackBerry QNX, enhancements to its automotive AI capabilities, new augmented reality technology, and big upgrades in its supercomputing hardware for driverless cars.
    01-08-18 08:37 AM
    Sarah S. McKinney‏ @sarahsMcKinney
    #BlackBerry CEO @johnchen talking to @Richardquest about our software growth and great momentum in automotive with recent wins with @nvidia @Baidu_Inc @densOAutoParts @delphiAuto @Qualcomm @ford

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dtcl9b6w4au8ubv.jpg
    01-08-18 11:17 AM
    BlackBerry QNX at CES 2018: Featuring Safe and Secure Foundational Software for the Automotive Future | Inside BlackBerry

https://www.flickr.com/photos/793022...57662331594957

https://www.flickr.com/photos/793022...57664374188638

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-38627323815_59f26b6976_o.jpg

Loaded with innovative technology, BlackBerry QNX will feature its technology within the latest concept cars – a 2018 Aston Martin DB11 and a 2017 Range Rover Supercharged. These cars will be on display to show how BlackBerry QNX’s embedded software can deliver the experience consumers want, without sacrificing on the security and reliability they need.
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-08-18 at 12:26 PM.
    01-08-18 11:21 AM
    From last Friday:
    https://www.therecord.com/news-story...and-logistics/
    Made-in-Waterloo tech disrupting trucking and logistics

01-08-18 12:55 PM
    Excellent! You have it! I sold a large block of stock, I waited for the stock to drop back into the $ 13.20's and then sold a large naked put option position that gives me the stock below $ 13.00 which is where I want to own those shares again. The net of doing all of this is that I'll regain about $ 1.25/shr of BB without losing my position in the stock. If I was trying to apply the 30-day rule against a capital loss in this instance, the CRA would disallow it on the basis that I could be easily be replacing my stock inside that 30-day rule. So now, armed with all of that money, when the stock rallies I short it at my target price (above $ 14.00/shr) knowing that I get to keep the put option proceeds if the stock works against my short position. If the stock then plunges, I get put to on the naked puts at my accepted price but I also have a monster profit in my short position so that the naked put is never at a disadvantage. The only way I can lose a reasonable amount of money is if the stock really rallies hard, past my naked put proceeds and my initial price of the short. I haven't worked it out yet because I don't care, but let's say my break-even on this trade is $ 14.50/shr before I start to lose money. I'm good with that as I believe BB is worth less than its current price for now.

Good on you to have figured this out! I then have this whole other trade using covered calls against a very large block, if I buy those calls back to free up the block of stock, I won't be paying the premium that came with the initial sale of those calls so I'll have even more protection against my new naked/short trade. It's really hard for me to lose money here, BUT, if Apple buys BB for $ 22.00 ouch!!! I have done this so many times that one loss wouldn't be a big deal.
    OMG. I need a class. I don't understand a thing in these posts... lol
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    01-08-18 03:31 PM
    I hope Morgan is right again.. as my truck is not full yet so can definitely loads more shares anything cheaper than $13.50.
    01-08-18 04:41 PM
    I hope Morgan is right again.. as my truck is not full yet so can definitely loads more shares anything cheaper than $13.50.
    same here. I sold about 15% of my shares at $13.30 only to see this rocket up to $14+. I guess there's excitement over whatever they're announcing at CES
    01-08-18 04:52 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    same here. I sold about 15% of my shares at $13.30 only to see this rocket up to $14+. I guess there's excitement over whatever they're announcing at CES
    Never hurts to take profits...

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-08-18 05:01 PM
    Never hurts to take profits...

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately the only reason I sold those shares was to try to get back in at a lower price. I think that day may still come, but might not come as soon as I had thought.
    01-08-18 05:40 PM
    Unfortunately the only reason I sold those shares was to try to get back in at a lower price. I think that day may still come, but might not come as soon as I had thought.
    Well hopefully you did made good gains on that trade and yeah there will be a down day or a few days of red.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-08-18 05:46 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I am not smart enough to time the markets or stocks... I just buy and hold a stock I like and ride it out.. but some are swing traders or day traders or better at this... you were smart to still hold most of your position so don't sweat the little things.. Think big picture

Posted via CB10
    01-08-18 05:55 PM
    I am not smart enough to time the markets or stocks... I just buy and hold a stock I like and ride it out.. but some are swing traders or day traders or better at this... you were smart to still hold most of your position so don't sweat the little things.. Think big picture

Posted via CB10
    World CEO, if I recall correctly, you had sold a portion of bb earlier, have you bought them back? Hope you had.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-08-18 08:11 PM
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300579193.html
    Thundersoft Introduces E-Cockpit Solutions with Embedded Vision and Speech AI at CES 2018

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Thundersoft (SZ: 300496), a world leading intelligent platform provider, today introduced an industry leading e-cockpit solution built on Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820A platform with BlackBerry's QNX® Hypervisor 2.0 technology...
    01-08-18 09:01 PM
    .....built on Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820A platform with BlackBerry's QNX® Hypervisor 2.0 technology...
    BlackBerry is playing a role across the spectrum with Qualcomm, Nvidia and Intel all partnering with, or using, QNX. Excellent!
    01-08-18 10:37 PM
    https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ke...xckyMbtSLjt.97
    BlackBerry KEYone Bronze Edition coming to select markets across Asia, Europe and the Middle East

+ Two new devices coming in 2018
    https://crackberry.com/expect-least-...artphones-2018
    01-09-18 08:14 AM
    While we watch the miracle on Wall Street happen, here are a couple of observations:

One month ago, John Chen sold 1.8 million shares well below $ 10.50/shr, that's $ 4.00 below where we are today. I know he doesn't choose when to perform tax sales but that is one big opportunity loss there.

In the past, an RSI=80 always meant that we needed to correct.

In the past, being outside the Bollinger Bands always meant that we needed to correct asap back inside those bands.

The last time we saw so much strength in this stock, it was at the point of the launch of the Z10. That product was suppose to give us the revenue stream that we needed to sustain the stock price at that time.

Today, the strength is there, the bids are always showing up to support the current price, the TA stays intact and the stock rallies. It's been many years since we have seen this level of support. The good news is that Chen has given us a date for a new product and this kind of advanced promotion hasn't been his style. This whole thing is interesting to watch, there is zero signs of profit-taking while we wait for the 15th of the month.

On the 3-minute chart, we are easily maintaining a bullish pattern that would have failed quickly in the past. There is no way to know in advance when the trend will change until it does. Much like the DOW Jones we are over-bought and no one is concerned. This is fun to watch so good luck!
    01-09-18 09:00 AM
    Let's see $18 in '18...!
    01-09-18 09:20 AM
    My take is that Chen has been trying to orchestrate the perfect storm for a while now. The months of silence then flurry of press around earnings time.

It is finally working and the media is only posting positive news now.

Question is how high can we go without substantial revenue growth?
    How long until QNX Rev takes off?

When Morgan told us he's out, I was terrified and expected the an immediate correction! (respect)

After years of being in a huge hole, I'm finally green again. In fact, practically all longs should be now.

Waiting for Jan 15th before I act.
    01-09-18 10:05 AM
    My take is that Chen has been trying to orchestrate the perfect storm for a while now. The months of silence then flurry of press around earnings time.

It is finally working and the media is only posting positive news now.

Question is how high can we go without substantial revenue growth?
    How long until QNX Rev takes off?

When Morgan told us he's out, I was terrified and expected the an immediate correction! (respect)

After years of being in a huge hole, I'm finally green again. In fact, practically all longs should be now.

Waiting for Jan 15th before I act.
    Nice post, I'm sure others feel the same way about BlackBerry at this stage. We have seen the stock performing extremely well this time around. In the not to recent past, our favourite analysts would come out right about now and reiterate their $ 8.50/shr targets and the stock would fall. Where are they today? This thing is a different beast today, John is in charge now and BlackBerry is much improved as a software services company.

The only reason I rolled out of the investment is because I have pulled profits on so many rallies that it almost an instinct to do so again. The other reason is my lovely wife who has for many years hated the fact that I held BlackBerry for so long in the face of stellar profits in pharma etc.. Sometimes the best way to break that cycle of bad reviews is to go to cash and show that person the balance. For that reason I wanted to clear the air about the investment much like Prem Watsa and others would like to see done for them.

I'll be back in BlackBerry in an even bigger way in the weeks ahead. To your point, it is difficult for me to accept that the failure to see "superior revenue growth" in BB, versus its competitors so far, is now something that isn't a concern to anyone any more. I have to believe that revenue growth is what will support stock prices like we are seeing today. For that reason I'm going to let this fever cool off and hopefully enter the investment when all of the negative talk is past us. I'm sure someone will be there to bash the stock before long, its human nature.

For now I'm really enjoying this rally and hope Chen has something for us on Monday. GL
    01-09-18 10:49 AM
    I have to run out and enjoy the day but I thought I would post my 3-minute chart on BB so that you can see how we got to where we are today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-jan-9-2018.png

I backed out the chart so that you can see 5 days worth of trading. Yesterday we made a high at the opening, rallied to get near it again later in the day and then we followed that very steep line toward a breakout close on great volume. Today, we hit $ 14.45/shr, dropped back to support, rallied again but didn't make new highs, and now we have a familiar pattern. What direction will we go by around 1:30 PM this afternoon? We need to take out the $ 14.42/shr level and hold that otherwise the rally will weaken. Watch the steep uptrend line for any signs of weakness. For now, we are comfortable trading within the range of that pennant.
    01-09-18 11:19 AM
    I just got off the phone so I think I'll post one more chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-jan-9a-2018.png

I adjusted my upper line to reflect how the stock is finding resistance as it approaches $ 14.42/shr. I feel like it will get above this level no problem but watch it closely just the same heading into 1:00 PM. The important arrow is the upper large one, that one is where the stock must close in order to maintain the rally. We need at least $ 14.60/shr on the close today in order to continue at this rapid pace. Good luck!
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    01-09-18 11:47 AM
    Hello BB Cafe,

Nice rally. I hope it's sustained until John Chen's speech next Monday. My big question is, will he have another major announcement? Or were Nvidia and Baidu the biggies and we're now riding that wave? History tells me to cash out before John Chen speaks.

Alaine Lejeune, global general manager for TCL's BlackBerry Mobile, said in an interview Sunday the company's BlackBerry sales in 2017 surpassed expectations by 50 percent.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry...still-a-thing/
    01-09-18 11:55 AM
113,256 ... 41844185418641874188 ...