View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    looks like the sp is starting to push up a bit!
    Don't jinx it

Posted via CB10
    kellyweng88 and La Emperor like this.
    12-20-17 01:46 PM
    Personal question if you don't mind. The last time I saw you have sold before the ER... did you get back in before this ER?
    I still have a quite sizeable position in the company. I do believe that it's a good looooong term investment.

Thanks for the insight everyone. I still believe that we will not see a significant bump in SP until they show steady YoY growth. Partnerships and whatnot is great but until it significantly affects bottom line, we'll be hovering in the current SP for a while.
    12-20-17 02:00 PM
    I still have a quite sizeable position in the company. I do believe that it's a good looooong term investment.

Thanks for the insight everyone. I still believe that we will not see a significant bump in SP until they show steady YoY growth. Partnerships and whatnot is great but until it significantly affects bottom line, we'll be hovering in the current SP for a while.
    It is though. We knew hardware and SAF were going to go to 0. They only have $36m combined that they can decrease now.

If you look at software, it's going to grow by more than $36m per quarter before hw and SAF fully diminish, based on our current growth trend.

The new BlackBerry (software) is, and has been growing revenue for three quarters now.
    Greened, W Hoa, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    12-20-17 02:36 PM
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/blackbe...vot-1513776495
    BlackBerry Starting to Cast Closer Look at Acquisitions to Bolster Growth
    Revenue declines, but margins boosted as it builds enterprise-software business

As BlackBerry Ltd. reaffirms its focus on its software business despite declining revenue in its third-quarter results Wednesday, the company's chief executive is starting to cast a closer look at acquisitions in the coming year to help further bolster its growth.

BlackBerry Chief Executive John Chen said in an interview that some of the company's $2.5 billion in cash reserves would be used toward M&A to help drive organic growth. He added the company is looking to spend at least $500 million to buy companies that would "move the needle" and help continue to meet its growth trajectory which has seen its software business advance at a pace of 10% to 15% a year.
    La Emperor, rarsen, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    12-20-17 02:54 PM
    Something on offer at the NAIAS January 15 after Chen keynote. Then followed by Tier 1 partner Magna

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-nais.jpg
    12-20-17 03:00 PM
    Indeed, W Hoa.

The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) has announced that BlackBerry Executive Chairman & CEO John Chen will deliver a keynote address to the conference live from the Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan. The presentation will take place on Monday, January 15, 2018 at 2:10 PM EST and will be globally livestreamed.

The keynote will cover BlackBerry’s transformation into a world leader in cybersecurity solutions and services with special attention paid to BlackBerry’s emergence as one of the most trusted partners in the automotive industry. During the address, BlackBerry will also unveil and demonstrate a new product that will help to shape and secure the future of connected and self-driving cars.

Check back here for a link to the broadcast when it becomes available
    12-20-17 03:14 PM
    12-20-17 03:53 PM
    A few years to late. Many of us have been supporting John Chen.

Thanks mates for the info and reading material!!!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-20-17 at 05:32 PM.
    La Emperor and Corbu like this.
    12-20-17 04:53 PM
    Agree, I have held on ever since Chen took the helm through all the ups and downs and now well in the green. No plan to sell any time soon.
    La Emperor and Corbu like this.
    12-20-17 06:24 PM
    Agree, I have held on ever since Chen took the helm through all the ups and downs and now well in the green. No plan to sell any time soon.
    Love your commitment! As an investor, it never hurts to lock in some profits.

I would like to see a .75 cent gain on BB tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.
    Corbu likes this.
    12-20-17 07:03 PM
    a simple chart.

BB - StockCharts.com
    masterful and Corbu like this.
    12-20-17 07:04 PM
    Must watch.

John on BNN.
    https://www.bnn.ca/we-re-winning-bla...forts-1.949359

‘We’re winning’: BlackBerry CEO John Chen on the company’s turnaround efforts

2 parts
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-20-17 at 08:01 PM.
    12-20-17 07:43 PM
    BlackBerry (BB.TO 11.60%) shares traded higher Wednesday after the Waterloo, Ont.-based technology company topped revenue and profit estimates in the third quarter.

CEO John Chen spoke with BNN’s Jon Erlichman to discuss the company’s recent quarter in relation to its turnaround strategy. Chen spoke on everything from cybersecurity, to bitcoin security risks, to the company’s position in the autonomous car market.

Here’s some of what he had to say:

ON THE LATEST QUARTER

“We’ve been always focused on both the bottom line, the expenses, change in the company, a new strategy. Getting validation of that strategy and start growing the software and services. Doing what we do best in cybersecurity. Expanding our footprint in the auto industry as related to autonomous driving and connected cars. So the list goes on. …I think this was a great quarter and I would love to celebrate it.”

ON CYBERSECURITY

“We embed [cybersecurity] in everything we build. …This [has been] the DNA of the company for 30 years. …What we have seen in the last year is that when this cybersecurity concern got raised that banks and the regulator industry tends to come to us. And that’s why we’re winning. We are winning. [We’re] the solution because the technology is embedded with cybersecurity. It’s not an outside thing you put on top like a filter, like a blanket. It’s really the core part of what we do. We got a lot more invites to bid. We got a lot more wins because of the fact that we are more secure than anybody else.”

ON BITCOIN SECURITY

“I hope [the exchanges] come to us. But I don’t know too much about the whole exchange behind that. I know the CME has something that they’re working on. I’m not quite sure who the major players are… But it is an opportunity.”

ON THE AUTONOMOUS CAR MARKET

“We started with infotainment systems and in the last couple — two or three years — we’ve branched out to advanced driver assistance, to telematics to virtual cockpits to hypervisors — just a whole host of functionality…My strategy is partnership. I partner with chip manufacturers, I partner with Tier One and I directly work with the car manufactures…I’m a believer in partnerships and we seem to be winning the right deals.”

ON BLACKBERRY’S TURNAROUND STRATEGY

“Our strategy is good. We’re executing to it…there are areas that we could branch into, especially in the IoT security world. …The only thing I promise the shareholders as the custodian of their money. I’m not going to overspend, I’m not going to overpay. I’m going to be patient.”
    dusdal, W Hoa, JLagoon and 3 others like this.
    12-20-17 07:49 PM
    Wa-wa-woo!

Solid enough ER, but what really tickles my fancy is it appears that our fearless leader has finally shed his bashful skin. I have never heard him crush like this. Who slipped cat nip tea in his water bottle?

I have to admit, I finally took some much needed profits, but still hold a chunk, so looking forward to this 'rumor' that sir Chen hinted about at the Auto-Show.

Looks like a big-boy toy will be under the tree this year.
    Congratulations fellas. Something to cheer about.
    12-20-17 10:51 PM
    with this great quarter in the bag and a good future outlook, does anyone see any extra buyout targets on BB head now?

one would think there are some sizeable companies out there who would now like to own BB since they are becoming a growing force.
    12-20-17 11:06 PM
    Hate to post anything from this source, but, FWIW:
    https://www.thestreet.com/story/1442...john-chen.html
    BlackBerry Is Starting to Look Like the Last Company CEO John Chen Turned Around

12-21-17 07:17 AM
    Sharing your sentiments Corbu .......may as well throw this into the mix.

Why BlackBerry Ltd. Is Surging Over 10%

https://www.fool.ca/2017/12/20/why-b...rging-over-10/
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-21-17 10:26 AM
    ...one would think there are some sizeable companies out there who would now like to own BB since they are becoming a growing force.

Well whoever would be a potential buyer (CDN Gov't would knock many out of the line), would have to either use, or spin off separately all the arms of this new BlackBerry-octopus-beast.
    Name one other company with so many new directions in launch?? When I think of WHAT BlackBerry is today, it makes my grey matter twitch.
    I thought for a bit about Tesla, because they could use much of what is on the offering plate and Radar would benefit Tesla's new monster tractor rig that is in the works. I do wonder what Chen is really thinking though.
    I'll bet a box of Maple-glazed doughnuts that he glances this thread from time to time. Perhaps user 'BLACKBerry-OPs123' will appear around here one of these days just to drop a few clues(?)

Anyway, too much Egg-Nog too early for me guys. The sugar rush has my mind racing.
    Peace-out.

PS - Hey fellas. To make it official, now that Nasdaq has been fired, should the mods scratch BBRY-Cafe in lieu of 'BB-Cafe...'?
    Perhaps rename it to --->The flying B's
    12-21-17 10:34 AM
    https://www.thestreet.com/story/1442...john-chen.html
    BlackBerry Is Starting to Look Like the Last Company CEO John Chen Turned Around
    Thanks Corbu! And I don't recall who it was...

Just as importantly, Chen mentioned on the earnings call that BlackBerry's enterprise billings grew at a double-digit clip. After being pressed by an analyst, he suggested the growth was in the 20% range, while asking the analyst not to raise that question again. This comes after BlackBerry reported 19% August quarter billings growth for its Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) business, which covers numerous enterprise offerings for managing and securing mobile apps, devices and content
    12-21-17 10:36 AM
    Folks,

Just a little thoughts on SP performance. If you compared to some other hot stocks this year, bb has beaten some and hopefully will beat the rest in the coming year if bb can hit 20.

AMZN
    AMD
    AAPL

HALO
    NVDA
    OLED
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    12-21-17 10:51 AM
    masterful,

And our next question comes from Steven Li of Raymond James.

Steven Li

John, on the double-digit billings growth for Q3, is this low double digit or high double digit?

John Chen

High double digit. But I can't guarantee you high double digit going forward though. What do you say about...

Steven Capelli

High double digit doesn't mean 99%.

John Chen

Right. So high double digit doesn't mean 10 either, but it's not 99%. It's actually -- it's in the 20. Don't ask me this question, again, please.
    12-21-17 11:58 AM
    Just read/saw the Street's and went to the page I used to refresh 100 times a day.
    Gang, I'm just so glad we're in the 12's again ... and so sad I had (no option than) to sell.
    I can see the light flooding the tunnel and expect happiness to turn into firm, indisputable joy !

Perfect timing for me to address all my wishes for this end of year and merry Christmas.
    I miss you guys,

Beer thirsty (it's 7PM+ here)
    More Cowbell (there's never enough of it)
    We're in the [edited : don't wanna jinx it !]
    Cheers, Mhoooooo,
    Antoine.
    12-21-17 12:23 PM
    Merry Christmas Antoine and have a great 2018
    Thanks for the gift of this thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 01:51 PM
    many thanks as usual Corbu! for whatever the reason I never liked him or his voice. well of course I'm biased here..
    Corbu likes this.
    12-21-17 02:53 PM
    Beer thirsty (it's 7PM+ here)
    Enjoy that cold beer SF! but beer thirsty is what I have been since Morgan never delivered the case of beer! LOL

Merry Christmas to you and many thanks for this thread!
    12-21-17 05:05 PM
113,256 ... 41794180418141824183 ...