View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That's borderlining reversal of proof, but yeah. I think he and team has worked diligently in putting in the foundations for future growth drivers. By the time he's done, I think BB will be in a good place.

The SP has been moving in the right direction for the past quarters. Is it as high as I would've liked? No. Is he making the right moves? Yeah, overall I think so.

To talk about dividends for BB post 2013 is meanigless.

So you think JC has done a bad job, but you think he should be measured against companies in the segment BB for all intents have pivoted to?

F is flat since JC took over, GM is slightly up. Google (alphabet) has 2x, but can't really see how you can use them as a benchmark. BB is hopefully right at the curve in the hockey stick curve that is Nvidia's SP the last years.

If you look at the EMM market, Mobl is down 60% or something like that.

It's easy to get mad if one cherry picks the right comparisons, but regardless of what JC is doing, you have the power to make informed decisions.
    John Chen did a great job turning around the company operationally and strategically, but he really blew it when it came to communication with investors. Just remind the painful "presentation" of the PRIV, his constant talk about 60 customers testing RADAR without any results, his constant talk about QNX revenues being far away, his constant talk about BlackBerry still being in business and so on. Good COO yes, good CEO no.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 12:42 PM
    John Chen did a great job turning around the company operationally and strategically, but he really blew it when it came to communication with investors. Just remind the painful "presentation" of the PRIV, his constant talk about 60 customers testing RADAR without any results, his constant talk about QNX revenues being far away, his constant talk about BlackBerry still being in business and so on. Good COO yes, good CEO no.

Posted via CB10
    Be that as it may, I believe most are happy and are willing to wait for fruition on where JC is taking BBRY. I have never turned around a sinking multi Billion dollar company so I am in no position on picking on JC's initiatives, however mundane it may seem like. I am quite happy with the partnerships he's announced the last few Q's so am riding this one out.

In the meantime , we already knew how unhappy you were with JC, so there's really no need to mention it repeatedly.

Thanks.
    12-11-17 01:10 PM
    12-11-17 01:24 PM
    Avaya decision re: relief from stay originally set for tomorrow:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackstay.jpg
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-11-17 02:19 PM
    Chen is a terrible communicator. You will get no argument from me on that. Among public company CEO's, he's one of the absolute worst.

BUT, I still believe this company would not exist as an independent entity if he hadn't saved it. There was a culture of hubris there that he had to cut through to get the business turned around and get them into the position they are in today. This is not "OMG Chen has built a $20/sh a business and the shorts just don't get it!" That's utter nonsense and almost neurotic optimism. However, he has built a solid business that could see some interesting growth in '18 and '19 that is for me worth keeping an eye on and a little bit of $ in.

That is a MUCH better position than they were in before, which was headed straight into the ground. Fast.
    anon(9100201) likes this.
    12-11-17 03:30 PM
    For what it's worth BlackBerry has been removed from:

S&P/TSX COMPOSITE ENHANCED VALUE – LOWEST QUINTILE INDEX

and added to:

S&P/TSX 60 CARBON EFFICIENT SELECT INDEX

and

S&P/TSX COMPOSITE QUALITY INDEX
    12-11-17 05:08 PM
    and speaking of making money, seems like all the beer has been consumed, 'cause SPHS just made a jump.

only thing I'm wondering about is why I wasn't invited to the party. :P
    Lol

Your invite might be bouncing from router to router, looking for the right destination. Lol

Morgan mate, how about an insight into current news about SPHS. Thanks mate.
    12-11-17 05:11 PM
    Several ideas giving food for thought (needs to prevent this, not how to do it ) :

Hackers Can Take Control of Your Car Without You Even Knowing
    https://interestingengineering.com/v...u-even-knowing

Tech-Savy Thieves Steal Mercedes in Under a Minute Using Relay Box
    https://interestingengineering.com/v...sing-relay-box
    morganplus8 and awindsr like this.
    12-11-17 07:32 PM
    Avaya decision re: relief from stay originally set for tomorrow:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackstay.JPG 
Views:	501 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	432255
    Hopefully the reason for the delay is that they are working at a settlement

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 11:05 PM
    Slight increase in SI:
    Blackberry Limited BB 46,750,228 46,459,383 290,845 0.6 9.1 18 2,539,130
    18 days to cover...
    morganplus8, W Hoa, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-12-17 08:46 AM
    Lol

Your invite might be bouncing from router to router, looking for the right destination. Lol

Morgan mate, how about an insight into current news about SPHS. Thanks mate.
    I had one of your beers last night, thanks, I know you would want me to do that.

The stock, SPHS, is quiet right now but we are due for our first result of the dosing study. While they may have slowed the overall progress and the chance to wrap the study up for a couple of more months going forward, they still have initial data coming in the weeks ahead. I don't have a problem with them taking their time to cherry pick the best patients for this study, it costs the company little in additional expense/time to get it right and the data is what matters for next steps.

I'm still waiting for PSDV to drop their news, over the next 4 weeks.

As for BB, I value the stock at $ 10.50/shr with huge potential now so it is holding well within my target these days. I hear some silly talk about Chen, he has done an amazing job with BB, he talked the world into the idea of dropping hardware in the most comforting way. He purchased Good, dirt cheap there, built up tons of cash, was hand picked by Prem, drove software, and, it appears that he is a King in business regarding China and Asia in general. Not all business has to take place in NA so he is the right guy for the job. Did he make a mistake telling us about the back-ended revenue ramp when it actually occurred the very next Q? Sure he did, that's a stumble and no reason to hate on the guy. Mistakes are being made all the time by others, as did anyone who picked New England to win their game last night, it happens.

I think BB is worth a solid $ 10.50/shr but thanks to Chen, I also think it could explode to the upside next year. We could have hired Tim Cook, he walked into Apple, they paid him $ 400 MM bucks and what did he do. nothing. That company is still inventing old technology and calling it their own. Meanwhile BB is partnering up with everyone in the world today. Brilliant man he is.

I don't even watch the stock that much any more as it is doing exactly what I want it to do today. Let's get past the 15th of this month and get into that period where the market can propel stock higher on lighter volume. I hope we are setting up for a new 52 week high within the next 6 weeks here. Then it can pause to base out and let Chen do his thing to grow the business.

One more thing, there is a ton of money to be made on BB, whether you sell at RSI greater than 70 and buy it back below RSI=30, or, you write covered calls on the stock when it rallies, or, trade it. A ton of money can be made here. I have been pumping RSI for many years now and the results are there for everyone to see. If you don't like holding the stock for a more conventional return, become more active with it. There is no excuse for not making money in BB. Nothing.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 12-12-17 at 10:06 AM.
    Corbu, cjcampbell, rarsen and 11 others like this.
    12-12-17 09:44 AM
    https://www.channelnomics.com/channe...rrys-new-story
    Channel taking in BlackBerry's 'new story'
    W Hoa, La Emperor, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    12-12-17 12:32 PM
    I had one of your beers last night, thanks, I know you would want me to do that.
    As long as you shared it with the cat that like's the LEAFS. LOL

Thanks Morgan!
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    12-12-17 04:42 PM
    This board slowing down is a sure sign that BlackBerry is going to blow out earnings and probably double next year. it's been a long time coming. I don't think that it will be sold, because of government security. But I do think that a major player will take a large position. This will signal that the QNX technology is the real thing and the stock will fly.
    12-12-17 06:22 PM
    for some reason, new posts weren't being loaded until I made that last post.
    12-12-17 06:24 PM
    OT: HALO
    Looking good, lately. Thanks again, Morgan! If ever you have any thoughts, I'll read them gladly.
    morganplus8, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    12-13-17 10:05 AM
    OT: HALO
    Looking good, lately. Thanks again, Morgan! If ever you have any thoughts, I'll read them gladly.
    I can say a couple of things about HALO, first, it is grossly under valued now, they signed a deal with Alexion Pharma for $ 40 MM up front and a four drug potential in that package. They get $ 40 MM for each drug that makes use of Enhanze so you can see how the numbers are impressive there. The stock should be crossing $ 22.00/shr by now if it weren't for the IBB Index which looked like it was wholesale breaking down chart wise just a few days ago. Today, the chart looks promising and pharma is taking its cue from that.

I don't see any credit given to HALO for its prior contracts regarding Enhanze, those contracts were for 4 - 9 possible drugs, $ 20 MM up front each, and the potential to hand HALO over $ 700 MM in future revenues, each. These contracts are inclusive of royalties too so this all leads me to believe that the company, based upon Enhanze alone, is worth far more than its current street valuation. Not only are they producing contracts 3-years later, the contracts at starting at $ 40 MM each versus $ 20 MM back then. This one has to be one of the best kept secrets in pharma today. ACAD was a screaming buy at $ 26.00 but this one, at $ 20.00/shr, is just too cheap to be true.

The general market has seen financials lead the DOW to incredible heights, perhaps it is time for some of that money to flow in other stocks in 2018? Watch the IBB Index for a lead on where this one will be going.

As for BB, it is making contact with its 50-dma now, that's great but it is happening with 150 pt. gains in the general market so it is a weak rally at best. We need some news from Chen to make this one move up to another channel level and base out. This is the best time of the year for any company to release good news so lets go Chen!

Best of luck on HALO, always nice to know someone else is in these plays.
    12-13-17 11:36 AM
    Thanks, Morgan! Much appreciated!
    morganplus8, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    12-13-17 11:55 AM
    Morgan! ! I worked really hard to get SPHS price under $2.00 and now it's above that price. I give up!

Thanks for everything Morgan and yes you can have another beer from the case that I haven't received. Lmho
    12-13-17 03:23 PM
    From my TD alerts mates

Yeah its John Chen and the Blackberry team!!!

DENSO and BlackBerry Partner to Develop World's First Integrated Automobile HMI Platform
    2017-12-13 08:00:27 PM ET (Marketwired)

Virtualization technology enables integrated control of in-vehicle HMI systems

KARIYA, JAPAN and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Dec. 13, 2017) - DENSO Corporation and BlackBerry Limited (NYSE:BB)(TSX:BB) announced today the companies have jointly developed the world's first integrated HMI (Human Machine Interface) platform. Intel Corp. also collaborated in the development of this product.

The integrated HMI platform will enable a system which optimally cooperates and coordinates various HMI products such as display and sound inside the automobile cockpit at a low price. The joint solution will appear in successive car models scheduled for release after 2019.

With the improvement of automobile safety and convenience in recent years, the amount of data the vehicle transmits to the driver is increasing. Today, vehicles are equipped with multiple HMI systems, which require several device-specific operating systems to work in unison. Because the operating systems are independently controlled by multiple microcontrollers, it has not been possible to cooperate and coordinate them to display content and sound uniformly.

The integrated automotive HMI platform is believed to be the first of its kind and was developed by DENSO and BlackBerry using BlackBerry's QNX Hypervisor for virtualization and the Intel Atom�� processor A3900 series. The hypervisor technology enables the independence of several operating systems with different characteristics and controls the integration with one microcomputer.

This architecture allows various HMI products to cooperate allowing necessary information to be displayed to the correct devices with appropriate timing. For example, it will be possible to communicate a heads-up or a warning through easy-to-understand expressions on the display with the right timing. Additionally, through cooperation between instrument cluster and navigation center displays, it is now possible to show animation with a sense of unity between the navigation screen in the meter screen. Furthermore, by updating the performance of one microcomputer both devices are updated which contributes to improved increase in R&D productivity and cost reduction.

"DENSO has developed various HMI products, such as instrument clusters, car navigation systems and head-up displays that contribute to the safety and the convenience of automobiles," said Yukihiro Kato, senior executive director, Information & Safety Systems Business Group of DENSO. "Leveraging the technology and know-how acquired through the development of these products, we have developed an information management HMI technology that will support the evolution of automobiles together with BlackBerry QNX and Intel."

"While cluster, head unit, infotainment, and entertainment screens are all part of a new digital user experience in the car, they can't be developed in isolation and need to work in tandem," said John Wall, SVP and GM of BlackBerry QNX. "Together with DENSO and Intel, we will provide a highly functional, virtual cockpit including a safety-certified digital instrument cluster that will be the new gold standard in the automotive industry. We look forward to working with DENSO and Intel on many more projects in the future."

As part of the integrated HMI, Intel has provided a unique and revolutionary graphics sharing technology, which has been optimized for the Intel Atom�� processor A3900 series. The technology can prioritize and operate 3D workloads important for safety over less important workloads on the same processor.

DENSO and BlackBerry will have booths at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas held from January 9 - 12, 2018. The companies' integrated HMI platform will be displayed in DENSO's booth located at 1917, North Hall.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-13-17 at 07:27 PM.
    12-13-17 07:05 PM
    12-13-17 07:20 PM
    Not sure how this is new news, this is what QNX does, we were all aware they were signing these deals weren't we.
    12-13-17 07:33 PM
    Not sure how this is new news, this is what QNX does, we were all aware they were signing these deals weren't we.
    I no sqeak engish, need booble translater.
    12-13-17 07:43 PM
    Great, hope he is able to make it clear to the audience and the public that BB is the NVDA of the car software side
    Doesn't have to. I ain't gonna pay an extra 20k on a new car purchase for some stupid NVDA "AI" hardware solution to autodrive me into a ditch or multicar pileup during a snowstorm, but I will pay qnx and bb a couple if bucks per month to secure and connect my ride...NVDA runs on qnx anyways...
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 12-13-17 at 09:26 PM.
    zlatno likes this.
    12-13-17 08:56 PM
    You know that you are not allowed to criticize the might John Chen no matter how much he has damaged shareholders with his reckless behavior?

Posted via CB10
    Chen screwed up any hardware prospects by not shifting bb10 into a proprietary business exclusive solution as soon as he arrived, running on a keyone type device as well as a motion type slab, that actually could work together on a single BES system with iOS and Android phones. Instead the world gets to now do all their mobile work flows on crappy consumer devices. He also hasn't recently pushed hard enough into software growth side using the cash that is just sitting there...I know he's a bit of a cheapskate, but still, deploy it into growth somehow for gosh sake...if you can't find anything to buy, do joint ventures or something...other than that, he hasn't done too badly...stock is up since he took over...
    12-13-17 09:13 PM
113,256 ... 41744175417641774178 ...