View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just to continue yesterday's chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-nov-8-2017.png

Same chart as yesterday, same lines, very predictable this one is. As soon as they report news that flows to the bottom line we'll get a pop. Yesterday we dropped down to the support line, this morning we rallied to the top line and have since given up that gain and tested the bottom line once again. And so we wait until one of those lines gets violated.

As for PSDV - it is back to being accumulated again, looks good as we all know that at any moment we could hear from the hospital study on OA.

HALO - WOW! Something over $ 20.00 looks easy from here, they are the company that everyone wants to be now.

W Hoa - the post you did on BB regarding Toyota, incredible work there .................... thanks so much man.

bbjdog, you are right, plenty of SPHS below $ 2.10/shr, nice work!! Ha! You are welcome back to the board and we'll see what's in my fridge. Ha!
    W Hoa, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-08-17 09:51 AM
    BlackBerry could hold an advantage over Google's self-driving car unit if only because their engineers can remain awake. Ha ha

Alphabet Inc’s (GOOGL.O) self-driving car unit stopped developing features that required drivers to take control in dangerous situations, its chief executive said Monday, as autopilot reliance left users prone to distractions and ill-prepared to maneuver.

The decision followed experiments of the technology in Silicon Valley that showed test users napping, putting on makeup and fiddling with their phones as the vehicles traveled up to 56 mph.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1D00MD
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-08-17 11:12 AM
    https://www.digitalnewsasia.com/busi...eed?page=0%2C0
    Comeback kid BlackBerry aims high but will it succeed?

11-08-17 03:07 PM
    Today I'm honestly scratching my head. This morning we had what I think most would consider a non-trivial piece of news which up till now was a rumour - the confirmation that QNX would be used by a massive car company in India, and not just that but in numerous other arenas beyond just the rumoured car aspect. In response, the stock was uncharacteristically flat, and the volume was literally the lowest it's been in the 10 years of records that are kept on the NASDAQ history site. What gives?
    11-08-17 05:45 PM
    bbjdog, you are right, plenty of SPHS below $ 2.10/shr, nice work!! Ha! You are welcome back to the board and we'll see what's in my fridge. Ha!
    LMHO mate!

I'm hoping you have plenty of cold ones in the fridge! because on this board there is plenty of thirsty members. HA
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-08-17 06:26 PM
    LMHO mate!

I'm hoping you have plenty of cold ones in the fridge! because on this board there is plenty of thirsty members. HA
    We have you covered as long as you like the theme for this Saturday!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20171109_092720.jpg

Ice cold and plenty of them as my brother-in-law is hooked on them now too.

Let's have a BlackBerry $ 11.00/shr party soon, (before we die of course!) The stock based out yesterday and today the market takes a dump!
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-09-17 08:48 AM
    All that blue hurts my eyes, Morgan!!

11-09-17 10:35 AM
    HI Morgans+8, I was told by a Molson Brew-master once, if any exposure to light, causes Mercaptans chemical reaction. LOL.

BBRY is a strange stock. But can't get away from it.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-09-17 11:38 AM
    We have you covered as long as you like the theme for this Saturday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171109_092720.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	431249

Ice cold and plenty of them as my brother-in-law is hooked on them now too.

Let's have a BlackBerry $ 11.00/shr party soon, (before we die of course!) The stock based out yesterday and today the market takes a dump!
    AWSOME picture Morgan!!

Now I can't focus on my work. Lol

As for Corbu, you can borrow my sunglasses. Lol

Cheers mates!
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    11-09-17 01:06 PM
    Here you go Corbu.

Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    11-09-17 01:22 PM
    LOL!!!

A black cat near a Leafs jersey? Can't be...

rarsen, morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    11-09-17 01:22 PM
    SI:
    Blackberry Limited 47,398,948 46,322,942 2.32 3,687,520

Up 1M

http://www.barrons.com/public/page/s...rest-nyse.html
    morganplus8, rarsen and dusdal like this.
    11-09-17 04:19 PM
    So Morgan has a black cat and he likes Blackberry! I think we are onto something here mates. This can be breaking news!!
    I bet he also has a black car.

Morgan! I will not drink all that Railside beer if you give me an update on SPHS. LOL

Corbu! even the cat likes the LEAFS! I will not think less of you if you jump ship.
    rarsen, Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    11-09-17 05:29 PM
    From my TD ALERTS
    Sophiris Bio Reports Third Quarter Financial Results and Key Corporate Highlights
    2017-11-09 04:05:00 PM ET (PR Newswire)

Sophiris Bio Inc. (NASDAQ: SPHS) (the "Company" or "Sophiris"), a biopharmaceutical company studying topsalysin (PRX302), a first-in-class pore-forming protein, in late-stage clinical trials for the treatment of patients with urological diseases, today reported financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2017 and key corporate highlights.

https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/601...iris_800px.jpg

Key Corporate Highlights:

-- Update on Enrollment in Phase 2b Localized Prostate Cancer Study. Eight active clinical trial sites continue to schedule and dose the remaining handful of patients required to complete enrollment. The Company expects biopsy data from all patients dosed with the first administration of topsalysin to be available in the first half of 2018.

The Phase 2b study includes an option to re-treat patients with a second dose of topsalysin, with a targeted biopsy to occur 24 weeks following the second dose. The Company expects to have complete data on all patients who receive a second dose in the fourth quarter of 2018, assuming enrollment is completed as expected.

-- Loan and Security Agreement with Silicon Valley Bank. On September 8, 2017, the Company and Silicon Valley Bank ("SVB") entered into a Loan and Security Agreement pursuant to which SVB has agreed to lend the Company up to $10.0 million (subject to certain condition) in two term loans. On September 12, 2017, the Company borrowed $7.0 million from SVB under the Loan and Security Agreement.

"Execution of our Phase 2b clinical trial of topsalysin in localized prostate cancer is our priority," said Randall E. Woods, president and CEO of Sophiris. "Our clinical team together with our investigators are diligently identifying patients most likely to benefit from topsalysin."

Financial Results:

At September 30, 2017, the Company had cash, cash equivalents and securities available-for-sale of $28.5 million and working capital of $27.5 million. The Company expects that its cash and cash equivalents will be sufficient to fund its operations to the middle of 2019. The Company is currently not planning on pursuing a second Phase 3 trial in benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), unless the Company can secure a development partner to fund a new clinical trial or the Company obtains other financing.

For the three months ended September 30, 2017

The Company reported a net loss of $2.7 million or $(0.09) per share for the three months ended September 30, 2017 compared to a net loss of $4.3 million or $(0.17) per share for the three months ended September 30, 2016.

Research and development expenses

Research and development expenses were $1.6 million for the three months ended September 30, 2017 compared to $0.6 million for the three months ended September 30, 2016. The increase in research and development costs is primarily attributable to increases in the costs associated with the Company's Phase 2b clinical trial for the focal treatment of localized prostate cancer, costs associated with manufacturing activities for topsalysin and, to a lesser extent, an increase in non-cash stock-based compensation expense. These increases are partially offset by decreases in personnel related costs.

General and administrative expenses

General and administrative expenses were $1.7 million for the three months ended September 30, 2017 compared to $3.0 million for the three months ended September 30, 2016. The decrease in general and administrative expense is primarily due to the inclusion of $1.4 million in offering costs which were allocated to warrants issued in our public offering completed in 2016. Also contributing to the decrease in general and administrative expense were decreases in costs associated with professional services and personnel related costs. These decreases are partially offset by increases in non-cash stock-based compensation and market research activities.

Gain (loss) on revaluation of the warrant liability

Gain on revaluation of the warrant liability was $0.7 million for the three months ended September 30, 2017 compared to a loss of $0.4 million for the three months ended September 30, 2016. Because these warrants may require the Company to pay the warrant holder cash under certain provisions of the warrant, the Company accounts for these warrants as a liability and the Company is required to calculate the fair value of these warrants each reporting date. The non-cash gain reported for this three months ended September 30, 2017 is associated with a reduction in the fair value of the Company's warrant liability from June 30, 2017 to September 30, 2017 which is calculated using a Black-Scholes pricing model. Certain inputs utilized in the Company's Black-Scholes fair value calculation may fluctuate in future periods based upon factors which are outside of the Company's control. A significant change in one or more of these inputs used in the calculation of the fair value may cause a significant change to the fair value of the Company's warrant liability, which could also result in a material non-cash gain or loss being reported in the Company's consolidated statement of operations and comprehensive loss.

For the nine months ended September 30, 2017

The Company reported a net loss of $4.7 million or $(0.15) per share for the nine months ended September 30, 2017 compared to a net loss of $10.6 million or $(0.51) per share for the nine months ended September 30, 2016.

Research and development expenses

Research and development expenses were $4.2 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2017 compared to $2.5 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2016. The increase in research and development costs is primarily attributable to increases in the costs associated with the Company's Phase 2b for the focal treatment of localized prostate cancer, costs associated with the manufacturing activities for topsalysin and, to a lesser extent, an increase in the non-cash stock-based compensation expense. These increases are partially offset by decreases in costs associated with the Company's completed Phase 2a proof of concept clinical trial for low to intermediate risk prostate cancer and personnel related costs primarily related to our completed reduction in work force in 2016.

General and administrative expenses

General and administrative expenses were $4.4 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2017 compared to $5.6 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2016. The decrease in general and administrative expense is primarily due to the inclusion of $1.6 million in offering costs which were allocated to warrants issued in the Company's public offering completed in 2016. Also contributing to the decrease in general and administrative expense were decreases in costs associated with professional services and personnel related costs. These decreases are partially offset by increases in non-cash stock-based compensation, market research activities and consulting expenses.

Gain (loss) on revaluation of the warrant liability

Gain on revaluation of the warrant liability was $3.9 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2017 as compared to a loss of $2.0 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2016. Because these warrants may require the Company to pay the warrant holder cash under certain provisions of the warrant, the Company accounts for these warrants as a liability and the Company is required to calculate the fair value of these warrants each reporting date. The non-cash gain reported for this nine months ended September 30, 2017 is associated with a reduction in the fair value of the Company's warrant liability from December 31, 2016 to September 30, 2017 which is calculated using a Black-Scholes pricing model. Certain inputs utilized in the Company's Black-Scholes fair value calculation may fluctuate in future periods based upon factors which are outside of the Company's control. A significant change in one or more of these inputs used in the calculation of the fair value may c ause a significant change to the fair value of the Company's warrant liability, which could also result in a material non-cash gain or loss being reported in the Company's consolidated statement of operations and comprehensive loss.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    11-09-17 05:42 PM
    OT: NVIDIA (and BB)
    https://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1332425
    Nvidia Outpaces Intel in Robo-car Race

Describing Pegasus as “a production ready platform to support L4/L5 automation,” Magney added, “It is very robust and has lots of redundancies and fall back methods. It will run on QNX which is an ASIL D embedded operating system.”
    Props to ST/Realaloy
    11-09-17 07:09 PM
    Morgan, do we sell PSDV and take profits or hold on? Again, I'm 'playing' with winnings but like the 14% increase in two weeks.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-10-17 06:01 AM
    Morgan, do we sell PSDV and take profits or hold on? Again, I'm 'playing' with winnings but like the 14% increase in two weeks.
    I didn't buy the stock to sell it before they report on the OA knee study. That report is independent of the company itself. Everyday that the Hospital fails to report the data .... is a positive for me as it suggests that they are looking at next steps. You can sell on this little bump and run with the money, I can't advise you on that! I think whomever bought the millions of shares since the ER has a very good feeling about the data and the valuation of the company going forward. They are also filing an NDA in Dec/Jan and so there is more positive news coming.

As for SPHS - they reported typical data for a Q that excludes meaningful info on their Phase 2B study. The only thing I could glean from their report is a slight delay in accepting patients for that study and I'm all for that as they need a home-run in order to avoid another Phase III study down the road. Let them hand pick those patients for maximum value and move this tiny company forward faster in the long run. The story hasn't changed but it is looking more like a delay of 2 - 4 months in all of the data. This is speculation of course because the first round data could then be compelling enough to avoid second dosing so there's a better chance that the data is outstanding the first time around. Hope that makes sense?

BB - the stock is now sold out, it is making a REAL rally attempt today as there aren't any more shares available down here. We could return to look at $ 11.00/shr in the days ahead. Looks much better now that it has exited its 3-minute downtrend.

That black cat in the picture yesterday really likes beer. He has a twin brother who hates beer, hence he isn't in that photo. What cat doesn't like beer? I think my wife had something to do with his craziness.
    11-10-17 09:01 AM
    After 13-year hiatus, QNX cofounder returns to company to spur expansion | Ottawa Citizen

He’s back in the saddle again.

After a 13-year hiatus to focus on family, Gordon Bell has returned to the company he helped create in 1980, where he’ll spearhead a new generation of technology products and services he believes are about to turn the world on its head.

“I’m excited. I’m so pumped to be here,” said the 62-year-old, who has been quietly working at Blackberry QNX’s Kanata labs for months. “I’m having the time of my life. I see a company that’s turned around.”

Bell left his role as an executive with QNX — which makes software that allows different computers and systems within a machine to talk to each other — in December 2004. Back then, his children were teens and he wanted to spend more time with his family. When his kids left for university, he took up a variety of different hobbies, including programming 3D printers, but the itch to get back into the lab and work with computers and other engineers never really subsided, he said.

Further compounding his strong connection to the firm were the annual phone calls from company executives promising Bell the door would always be open, should he want to return. That desire struck earlier this year.

Bell co-founded QNX with Dan Dodge in 1980 after the pair met while studying at the University of Waterloo. Both of them were computer whizzes with a keen interest in engineering.

Bell’s father was an electronics technician for a manufacturer of microchips, and as a result, he always had computer parts lying around to play with. By the time he hit high school, Bell was hand-making computer peripherals such as tape readers and audio systems. He built his first computer before he went to college.

Bell clearly loves to reminisce about the early days of QNX. A tour of an onsite museum, featuring a number of products from the company’s past, is all it takes to spark his memory. He pointed to a small glass display case with a computer inside and a placard that states it was the first computer QNX produced.

“That’s Dan’s. It’s actually the second one we made,” said Bell. “The first is sitting in my mother’s living room. She won’t let me have it.”

It’s a sense of self-reliance and experimentation that drew him into the world of computer and software engineering, he said. With Blackberry now focusing on software, and QNX being the hottest part of its business, he said the Ottawa-based subsidiary is being pushed to expand its offerings to new areas. That’s an opportunity he just didn’t want to miss.

“They’re working with autonomous vehicles. I couldn’t let them have all the fun,” he said, before growing serious for a moment. “The car is today’s technology. It’s the darling of the industry, all of the engineers want to work on the autonomous car. But I think the future is augmented reality.”

Using the expertise it’s taken from Blackberry — including security software and processes and cellular network connectivity technology — Bell believes QNX is a prime position to push the limits of augmented reality in ways the world has never seen.

QNX is already used in cars and medical devices, as well as many other gadgets like video slot machines, military equipment and even space shuttles. Bell believes it is in a prime position to link an array of internet-based electronics together and help those machines process, or understand, the world around them.

“All of the same software we’re working on that the car needs to sense its surroundings, the math that’s involved and the sensors and engineering challenges in observing and verifying and being aware of surroundings, also apply to everything in augmented reality for humans as well,” he said. “I believe we’re not just going to have a connected world, but machines will be aware of the people and the environments they interact in.”

Bell sees a future where machines will automatically offer closed-caption text translations for people who may be hard of hearing or are travelling in another country where different languages are spoken.

He also sees businesses changing how they digitally interact with customers — if a person is shopping on their phone, for example, a business’ interface could step in to help them find items in the store.

His new role as technical director gives him free reign to explore avenues of expansion for the firm, while continuing to support development in areas that are key to the business, such as autonomous vehicles.

Analysts have stated publicly that after being a supporting act for decades, QNX is likely to drive all of the growth for Blackberry in the years ahead.

Company chief executive John Wall said when Blackberry was at its peak, there was little thought given to the market it served.

“To be fair, there wasn’t a lot of attention paid to what we were doing because we were a small piece of a very large company at that time. Blackberry was still huge in 2010 selling a lot of phones,” he said. “We maintained our business and grew our business.”

Today, QNX software can be found in more than 60 million cars around the world.

Bell’s return to the firm he helped build 37 years ago has sent shockwaves through the building, Wall said, adding there’s no shortage of engineers lining up to work with the 62-year-old.

“Having him back is a real energizer for everyone. Just to see a founder come back,” said Wall.
    11-10-17 11:54 AM
    La Emperor, sidhuk and alludba like this.
    11-10-17 01:05 PM
    I didn't buy the stock to sell it before they report on the OA knee study. That report is independent of the company itself. Everyday that the Hospital fails to report the data .... is a positive for me as it suggests that they are looking at next steps. You can sell on this little bump and run with the money, I can't advise you on that! I think whomever bought the millions of shares since the ER has a very good feeling about the data and the valuation of the company going forward. They are also filing an NDA in Dec/Jan and so there is more positive news coming.

As for SPHS - they reported typical data for a Q that excludes meaningful info on their Phase 2B study. The only thing I could glean from their report is a slight delay in accepting patients for that study and I'm all for that as they need a home-run in order to avoid another Phase III study down the road. Let them hand pick those patients for maximum value and move this tiny company forward faster in the long run. The story hasn't changed but it is looking more like a delay of 2 - 4 months in all of the data. This is speculation of course because the first round data could then be compelling enough to avoid second dosing so there's a better chance that the data is outstanding the first time around. Hope that makes sense?
    right now SPHS and PSDV more or less exactly cancel each other out in my portfolio in terms of profits, but I plan to do exactly nothing. If +14% was the upside for PSDV, then I probably wouldn't have bothered to reallocate from SONG.OL to it tbo. (just for reference, SONG has increased 15% in the same period. )
    11-10-17 03:10 PM
    After 13-year hiatus, QNX cofounder returns to company to spur expansion | Ottawa Citizen

He’s back in the saddle again.

After a 13-year hiatus to focus on family, Gordon Bell has returned to the company he helped create in 1980, where he’ll spearhead a new generation of technology products and services he believes are about to turn the world on its head.

“I’m excited. I’m so pumped to be here,” said the 62-year-old, who has been quietly working at Blackberry QNX’s Kanata labs for months. “I’m having the time of my life. I see a company that’s turned around.”

Bell left his role as an executive with QNX — which makes software that allows different computers and systems within a machine to talk to each other — in December 2004. Back then, his children were teens and he wanted to spend more time with his family. When his kids left for university, he took up a variety of different hobbies, including programming 3D printers, but the itch to get back into the lab and work with computers and other engineers never really subsided, he said.

Further compounding his strong connection to the firm were the annual phone calls from company executives promising Bell the door would always be open, should he want to return. That desire struck earlier this year.

Bell co-founded QNX with Dan Dodge in 1980 after the pair met while studying at the University of Waterloo. Both of them were computer whizzes with a keen interest in engineering.

Bell’s father was an electronics technician for a manufacturer of microchips, and as a result, he always had computer parts lying around to play with. By the time he hit high school, Bell was hand-making computer peripherals such as tape readers and audio systems. He built his first computer before he went to college.

Bell clearly loves to reminisce about the early days of QNX. A tour of an onsite museum, featuring a number of products from the company’s past, is all it takes to spark his memory. He pointed to a small glass display case with a computer inside and a placard that states it was the first computer QNX produced.

“That’s Dan’s. It’s actually the second one we made,” said Bell. “The first is sitting in my mother’s living room. She won’t let me have it.”

It’s a sense of self-reliance and experimentation that drew him into the world of computer and software engineering, he said. With Blackberry now focusing on software, and QNX being the hottest part of its business, he said the Ottawa-based subsidiary is being pushed to expand its offerings to new areas. That’s an opportunity he just didn’t want to miss.

“They’re working with autonomous vehicles. I couldn’t let them have all the fun,” he said, before growing serious for a moment. “The car is today’s technology. It’s the darling of the industry, all of the engineers want to work on the autonomous car. But I think the future is augmented reality.”

Using the expertise it’s taken from Blackberry — including security software and processes and cellular network connectivity technology — Bell believes QNX is a prime position to push the limits of augmented reality in ways the world has never seen.

QNX is already used in cars and medical devices, as well as many other gadgets like video slot machines, military equipment and even space shuttles. Bell believes it is in a prime position to link an array of internet-based electronics together and help those machines process, or understand, the world around them.

“All of the same software we’re working on that the car needs to sense its surroundings, the math that’s involved and the sensors and engineering challenges in observing and verifying and being aware of surroundings, also apply to everything in augmented reality for humans as well,” he said. “I believe we’re not just going to have a connected world, but machines will be aware of the people and the environments they interact in.”

Bell sees a future where machines will automatically offer closed-caption text translations for people who may be hard of hearing or are travelling in another country where different languages are spoken.

He also sees businesses changing how they digitally interact with customers — if a person is shopping on their phone, for example, a business’ interface could step in to help them find items in the store.

His new role as technical director gives him free reign to explore avenues of expansion for the firm, while continuing to support development in areas that are key to the business, such as autonomous vehicles.

Analysts have stated publicly that after being a supporting act for decades, QNX is likely to drive all of the growth for Blackberry in the years ahead.

Company chief executive John Wall said when Blackberry was at its peak, there was little thought given to the market it served.

“To be fair, there wasn’t a lot of attention paid to what we were doing because we were a small piece of a very large company at that time. Blackberry was still huge in 2010 selling a lot of phones,” he said. “We maintained our business and grew our business.”

Today, QNX software can be found in more than 60 million cars around the world.

Bell’s return to the firm he helped build 37 years ago has sent shockwaves through the building, Wall said, adding there’s no shortage of engineers lining up to work with the 62-year-old.

“Having him back is a real energizer for everyone. Just to see a founder come back,” said Wall.
    Wow, thanks for posting that great article. Finally some big fish returning to BlackBerry instead of leaving to AAPL or other copycats

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    11-10-17 05:24 PM
    That black cat in the picture yesterday really likes beer. He has a twin brother who hates beer, hence he isn't in that photo. What cat doesn't like beer? I think my wife had something to do with his craziness.
    Thanks for everything Morgan, I am learning every time you post!

But you didn't have to burst my bubble on the LEAFS!!! You can see that the cat is looking directly at the LEAFS jersey and that is the story I'm sticking too!!! LOL
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    11-10-17 07:41 PM
    OT: Remembrance Day

morganplus8, rarsen, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    11-11-17 09:41 AM
    OT: Remembrance Day

Nice video mate! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-11-17 11:19 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-doyieokxkaevfk-.jpg

BlackBerry Mobile Verified account
    @BBMobile
    You're going to start seeing more and more of this around Canada proper. #BBMotion #KEYone #Ottawa #BlackBerry #Security
    12:04 PM - 11 Nov 2017
    rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    11-11-17 02:36 PM
113,256 ... 41654166416741684169 ...