• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    11-04-17 06:43 PM
    OT:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/iphone-...000-1509724800

iPhone X Review: Yes, There Are Reasons to Pay Apple $1,000
    Apple’s latest has a crisp display, easier-to-grip design, top-notch cameras—and no home button

What!!!! $1,000.00 USD or roughly $1,300.00 CND for a shinny tin can. I only pay $50.00 four 24 sleemans shinny tin cans. What is this world coming too?
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    11-04-17 09:00 PM
    Some further adjustments needed, as brother is able to open the iPhone face ID:

IPhoneX Face ID fail?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comm..._face_id_fail/
    morganplus8, Corbu and W Hoa like this.
    11-05-17 02:13 PM
    Interesting developments in the auto 'mobile' space.

German automotive components manufacturer Continental AG announced on Friday the acquisition of Argus Cyber Security, a company specializing in protecting connected cars against hackers. Deal valued at $400 million.
    And previously:

Delphi Automotive has entered into a commercial partnership with BlackBerry for the development of its turnkey automated driving platform.
    Delphi also has a working relationship with Continental AG .

Delphi also is working with BMW, Intel, Continental and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles on a jointly developed platform as a systems integrator, ensuring the technology can be used in vehicles built by any automaker.
    Continental AG Acquires Israel's Argus Cyber Security To Keep Your Car Safe From Hackers
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-06-17 06:02 AM
    Interesting developments in the auto 'mobile' space.

And previously:

Delphi also has a working relationship with Continental AG .

Continental AG Acquires Israel's Argus Cyber Security To Keep Your Car Safe From Hackers
    In a sense, that would've been a good acquisition for BB too. Not sure about the valuation, but yeah.
    11-06-17 08:28 AM
    In a sense, that would've been a good acquisition for BB too. Not sure about the valuation, but yeah.
    Or....BlackBerry is working with Delphi who is working with Continental Ag who bought Argus Security. In a joint project between the parties I'm sure they will bring all the intellectual property and patents together in the pursuit of the autonomous car. Perhaps BlackBerry will be a beneficiary of what Argus Security has to offer? Thereby saving $400 million.
    11-06-17 02:39 PM
    Or....BlackBerry is working with Delphi who is working with Continental Ag who bought Argus Security. In a joint project between the parties I'm sure they will bring all the intellectual property and patents together in the pursuit of the autonomous car. Perhaps BlackBerry will be a beneficiary of what Argus Security has to offer? Thereby saving $400 million.
    that's an interesting thought. a partner play would be interesting.

that said, with a very limited knowledge of what Argus does, in a sense it would make sense for BB to own this kind of functionality themselves. but then again, if they are trying to turn QNX into a platform, it makes perfect sense not to own it.

sorry for rambling.
    11-06-17 03:18 PM
    Just a little reading material into Argus.
    https://argus-sec.com
    11-06-17 04:22 PM
    So here it is, Monday after the time change, and most of us, or at least some of us, got up far too early. BB (I still have a hard time not typing BBRY) seems to be trying to hold on after kissing resistance at $11.10 on Friday. The news keeps on coming, but it doesn't seem to deter the bears at these prices, nor does it inspire the bulls. I think it's still gonna trade as it will via TA unitl more than "talks" arise and money flowing in can be confirmed. None the less, the company is far from dead and has a bright future. What the valuation will be, is still the big question with the current and projected revenues.

Here are three charts... the daily, hourly, and 3 minute to see where we are at. No, I'm still not a holder but love this stock, if for nothing more than seeing how it adheres to TA so beautifully..... give it news, pops to resistance, pulls back, tries again, and then waits for the ma's to catch up and try again.

On the daily, you can see it regained the 20-ema for now, and is pinned between that and my resistance line. It might need the 50-dma to catch up so, as Morgan mentioned, watch that $10.50 area for support over the medium term. Of course, news will break anything wide open.

On the hourly, you can see the rising wedge that broke down a little more clearly. It's also easier to see how the MA's influence the sp and how it skirts along those support/resistance areas methodically.

On the 3 minute, you can see the kiss on Friday. I threw in the trendline only because it wants to follow it, as thats where the all the ma's are heading too.

If I were a betting man, and I guess I kinda am, I'd bet for another push for the mid 11's, but pull back to 50-dma as it catches up. But right now, sans news, and volume, it can easily float sideways while all catches up.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-11062017.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-11062017-2.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-1062017-3.png
    11-06-17 06:50 PM
    As for PSDV - I hope everyone holding the stock saw their revised filing a couple of days ago? In that filing is everything you need to know about how this little company is really operating. Its always about waiting for all the players to get into the investment before the stock goes anywhere. You can see that everyone is positioned now to make money on the future of this play. It is the best reading that you will ever do on how the system works.
    Hey Morgan,

what do you think about the results? I was thinking of cashing in yesterday but chickened out. People are selling today after the Q report. It didn't sound bad to me but it seems I am in the minority.
    11-07-17 09:06 AM
    Hey Morgan,

what do you think about the results? I was thinking of cashing in yesterday but chickened out. People are selling today after the Q report. It didn't sound bad to me but it seems I am in the minority.
    The results were as expected, nothing there. This isn't a revenue play, it is a play on their OA knee results which no one could reasonably expect to hear about today. Alimera reported their results already and PSDV get their royalties from Alimera so there is no surprise there. There is a large bid under the stock, it popped yesterday on no news, we are giving back some today but if they which to continue this, I'll add. An analyst asked the question regarding the ridiculous price of the stock and the CEO pondered the same thing. The important thing is the amended filing, it tells the story not the price of the stock on no news. So someone is picking up cheap shares and it is heading back to that underwriting price, no surprise there. And now we have cleared the way for that OA report which is why I'm in it in the first place.
    11-07-17 10:03 AM
    So here it is, Monday after the time change, and most of us, or at least some of us, got up far too early. BB (I still have a hard time not typing BBRY) seems to be trying to hold on after kissing resistance at $11.10 on Friday. The news keeps on coming, but it doesn't seem to deter the bears at these prices, nor does it inspire the bulls. I think it's still gonna trade as it will via TA unitl more than "talks" arise and money flowing in can be confirmed. None the less, the company is far from dead and has a bright future. What the valuation will be, is still the big question with the current and projected revenues.

Here are three charts... the daily, hourly, and 3 minute to see where we are at. No, I'm still not a holder but love this stock, if for nothing more than seeing how it adheres to TA so beautifully..... give it news, pops to resistance, pulls back, tries again, and then waits for the ma's to catch up and try again.

On the daily, you can see it regained the 20-ema for now, and is pinned between that and my resistance line. It might need the 50-dma to catch up so, as Morgan mentioned, watch that $10.50 area for support over the medium term. Of course, news will break anything wide open.

On the hourly, you can see the rising wedge that broke down a little more clearly. It's also easier to see how the MA's influence the sp and how it skirts along those support/resistance areas methodically.

On the 3 minute, you can see the kiss on Friday. I threw in the trendline only because it wants to follow it, as thats where the all the ma's are heading too.

If I were a betting man, and I guess I kinda am, I'd bet for another push for the mid 11's, but pull back to 50-dma as it catches up. But right now, sans news, and volume, it can easily float sideways while all catches up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB 11062017.PNG 
Views:	167 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	431175

Name:	BB 11062017-2.PNG 
Views:	165 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	431177

Name:	bb 1062017-3.PNG 
Views:	165 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	431176
    By the way, nice work here, thanks for staying with this trade even though you aren't in it. Great TA.

I will add that it is so much more enjoyable to follow now that they moved to the NYSE, the TA is predictable ..... FINALLY!
    11-07-17 10:10 AM
    The results were as expected, nothing there. This isn't a revenue play, it is a play on their OA knee results which no one could reasonably expect to hear about today. Alimera reported their results already and PSDV get their royalties from Alimera so there is no surprise there. There is a large bid under the stock, it popped yesterday on no news, we are giving back some today but if they which to continue this, I'll add. An analyst asked the question regarding the ridiculous price of the stock and the CEO pondered the same thing. The important thing is the amended filing, it tells the story not the price of the stock on no news. So someone is picking up cheap shares and it is heading back to that underwriting price, no surprise there. And now we have cleared the way for that OA report which is why I'm in it in the first place.
    Morgan, I'm having a little trouble navigating the PSDV site it seems. is the filing you are reffereing to this one?
    11-07-17 12:18 PM
    Super bored so here is the 3-minute chart of BB today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-nov-7-2017.png

This week we are drifting downward for the most part on very low volume which suggests that we need a driver to move the stock. Follow the descending pattern and look for it to move towards the upper line and break above it. BB is very quiet these days and the drift shows it now.

As for PSDV - it is exhausted on what I would call light volume. Dollar wise it hasn't traded much today. We'll sit at the stock offering price until that OA news hits the wire. They had all of the data on Oct 15th so it could come at any moment.

Now let's go back to sleep ..........................
    11-07-17 12:28 PM
    Morgan, I'm having a little trouble navigating the PSDV site it seems. is the filing you are reffereing to this one?
    Here it is:

pSivida- SEC Filings - Amended Annual Report

They received permission to hide the purchaser of the 5 MM shares that were issued in late October. This is so unusual and makes you wonder if Pfizer bought more stock. We'll not know for some time now but it is interesting. Aside from that, a great deal of investment in PSDV usually suggests that bigger money wants in on the news coming shortly. Larger investors like to buy several times and not just for a one shot deal. I fall into that category, I'll double my position if the story continues to unfold like it is.
    11-07-17 12:37 PM
    Here it is:

pSivida- SEC Filings - Amended Annual Report

They received permission to hide the purchaser of the 5 MM shares that were issued in late October. This is so unusual and makes you wonder if Pfizer bought more stock. We'll not know for some time now but it is interesting. Aside from that, a great deal of investment in PSDV usually suggests that bigger money wants in on the news coming shortly. Larger investors like to buy several times and not just for a one shot deal. I fall into that category, I'll double my position if the story continues to unfold like it is.
    Thanks Morgan.

Are the shares the ones that have the beneficial owner as Perceptive Advisors LLC?

I have just had my first leg day at the gym in a while, and if my current state is anything to go by, the next couple of days are going to be fun.
    11-07-17 01:18 PM
    Thanks Morgan.

Are the shares the ones that have the beneficial owner as Perceptive Advisors LLC?

I have just had my first leg day at the gym in a while, and if my current state is anything to go by, the next couple of days are going to be fun.
    No, those are not the shares you are referring to.

Leg day has all but put a stop to my cognitive functions it seems.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    11-07-17 01:21 PM
    Remember a few weeks back and the (terrible) news that Toyota was abandoning BlackBerry's QNX? Well, it seems, maybe not entirely.

Toyota has selected the embedded systems maker Renesas to supply the ARM-powered systems-on-a-chip to power autonomous vehicles scheduled for commercial launch in the year 2020. Renesas says its R-Car platform....will be in charge of “making real-time decisions on vehicle control and active safety maneuvers based on sensor data.”

Another Renesas product, the RH850 microcontroller, will enact commands sent by the R-Car SoC.
    And.....

- Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced its high-performance R-Car D3 automotive infotainment system system-on-chip (SoC)
    Which leads us to.....BlackBerry QNX

Grant Courville, senior director of product management at BlackBerry QNX. "The combination of the new R-Car D3 SoC and BlackBerry’s ISO 26262 ASIL B-certified QNX Platform for Instrument Clusters will enable our customers to confidently deliver state-of-the-art, safety-certified digital clusters rapidly to the market."
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/1...fdriving_cars/

https://www.renesas.com/en-hq/about/...20171031a.html
    11-07-17 01:38 PM
    No, those are not the shares you are referring to.

Leg day has all but put a stop to my cognitive functions it seems.
    for anybody else who is looking for the info Morgan mentioned, this link might be useful.

since this proved to be such a hassle, I guess I should buy some (more) PSDV stock.
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 11-07-17 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added last sentence.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    11-07-17 01:53 PM
    OT: HALO
    Good news
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ha...210500099.html
    Halozyme Reports Third Quarter 2017 Results

morganplus8, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    11-07-17 06:39 PM
    @ Morgan

Hope I'm still on for that case of beer. SPHS is at 2.10 and
    I'm getting very thirsty. Lol
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    11-07-17 07:01 PM
    These Markets keep hitting new highs! what will I do???
    11-07-17 07:14 PM
    These Markets keep hitting new highs! what will I do???
    Buy high, sell low?

11-07-17 07:48 PM
    Buy high, sell low?

Thanks for the laugh mate, I almost choked to death. LMHO!!!!!!!
    Corbu likes this.
    11-07-17 08:10 PM
    From my TD ALERTS

Tata Elxsi Partners with BlackBerry to Accelerate Innovation in Secure Embedded Designs
    2017-11-08 01:30:20 AM ET (Marketwired)

BANGALORE, INDIA and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Nov. 8, 2017) - Tata Elxsi and BlackBerry Limited (NYSE:BB)(TSX:BB) today announced they are partnering to help companies design and develop secure, mission-critical solutions for industries such as automotive, industrial, medical and network communication using BlackBerry QNX technologies.

Tata Elxsi will provide integration and customization services for the following embedded software solutions from BlackBerry: QNX Neutrino Realtime OS, QNX Momentics Tool Suite, QNX Hypervisor, QNX SDK for Apps & Media, QNX Wireless Framework, QNX OS for Safety, QNX OS for Medical, QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment, QNX Platform for Acoustics, and QNX Platform for ADAS.

"Tata Elxsi is excited to partner with BlackBerry as a value-added integrator. This will allow customers across industries to rapidly adopt and integrate their products and shorten the time to market," said Nitin Pai, SVP of Marketing and Strategy, Tata Elxsi. "BlackBerry's rich suite of safety-certified and secure software solutions for mission critical applications, coupled with Tata Elxsi's automotive, industrial, medical and general embedded development capabilities will enable OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers to quickly design, build and deploy sophisticated and secure system level solutions."

"The explosion of connected products and mission critical embedded systems has presented a tremendous opportunity for safe, secure, and trusted software solutions," said Kaivan Karimi, SVP and Head of Sales and Marketing for BlackBerry Technology Solutions. "By using trusted BlackBerry QNX technology, companies around the world can develop safety-certified embedded systems and devices that are not just secure, but BlackBerry Secure. We are excited to partner with Tata Elxsi, and look forward to helping their customers accelerate the design, development, integration and testing of mission-critical, next-generation systems."
    11-08-17 04:59 AM
113,256 ... 41644165416641674168 ...