View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My problem isn't with BB, it's the general market with an RSI=85 we could take a dump at any time.

You and me mate! Thank you for the reading material about BB and PSDV. Cheers!
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    10-30-17 03:45 PM
    My problem isn't with BB, it's the general market with an RSI=85 we could take a dump at any time.

You and me mate! Thank you for the reading material about BB and PSDV. Cheers!
    What does RSI mean?
    Last edited by zlatno; 10-31-17 at 05:35 AM.
    10-31-17 05:18 AM
    What does RSI mean?
    Relative Strength Index (RSI)
    zlatno likes this.
    10-31-17 05:56 AM
    RSI=85 means that general market is in very overbought area.
    zlatno likes this.
    10-31-17 05:58 AM
    Hi Morgan,

A few questions, if you don't mind:

1. It seems the Dow Jones is working off its overbought RSI quite efficiently? Right now it's +/- 72 so what happens if it stays like that for a few more days? Nasdaq is hitting all-time highs but RSI still isn't overbought so what could hold you back from trading BB again, aside from the share price being above your base price of 10,50 USD?

2. The underlying stocks seem to be increasingly volatile. Microsoft, Google, Amazon are definitely winners doing > 10 percent in the last week ; while some of the old stars like AMD (-25%), Sprint (-10%) and others are struggling.

Could it be that the markets work off their overbought indicators, while money continues to flow from the losers to the winners, preparing us for another leg up - without a meaninful pause for BB this time?

Are you looking ahead to AAPL earnings, which could drag us down/push us up like they've usually done?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 10-31-17 at 06:18 AM.
    morganplus8, rarsen and JLagoon like this.
    10-31-17 06:08 AM
    Hi Morgan,

A few questions, if you don't mind:

1. It seems the Dow Jones is working off its overbought RSI quite efficiently? Right now it's +/- 72 so what happens if it stays like that for a few more days? Nasdaq is hitting all-time highs but RSI still isn't overbought so what could hold you back from trading BB again, aside from the share price being above your base price of 10,50 USD?

2. The underlying stocks seem to be increasingly volatile. Microsoft, Google, Amazon are definitely winners doing > 10 percent in the last week ; while some of the old stars like AMD (-25%), Sprint (-10%) and others are struggling.

Could it be that the markets work off their overbought indicators, while money continues to flow from the losers to the winners, preparing us for another leg up - without a meaninful pause for BB this time?

Are you looking ahead to AAPL earnings, which could drag us down/push us up like they've usually done?

Posted via CB10
    Good morning!

You are right, the general markets are working off their overbought periods nicely. This is the third time since the election that the DOW has been OB for any length of time. This time around it has been OB for one month which is a long time and just as we are entering that "positive" time of year, post tax related selling, the market needs to pause or correct to finish its work. We won't have a driver for the balance of this year so not only is the market extended, it doesn't have a driver. Now, the two ways to correct an OB situation is to move sideways for a decent amount of time or to give up some of those gains. We have to do some combination of the two for the balance of the year. In the meantime, we have Trump in office so there could be more reasons then in the past to take profits from these very high levels. The market is facing better earnings prospects and possible tax cuts to act as support. I like to keep one foot out the door just in case this whole thing has leaned too far to the bullish side now.

As for BB, I think $ 10.50/shr is a floor unless the general market takes a major dump. The upside, for me at least, is $ 12.25/shr and then I'll look at it again. Today, the stock touched its "zero standard deviation at $ 11.14/shr (missed by a penny) and now its retreating. We are trading on perfect technicals now. If this is true, I would expect BB to base out around here and take a couple of runs at today's high. The target area for BB on no news is the borders of the Bollinger Bands, the lower one was successfully tested and now we need to pop above $ 11.14/shr and test the upper boundary which is $ 11.61/shr today and moving. The bands are really tight right now too, so a major move could happen on news.

The general market is rotating out of sectors and individual stocks while supporting the big names (FANG stocks). AAPL is coming up and unless they have terrible numbers, analysts will always see something spectacular in that data (Re: China). We are in a perfect time of the year for BB to make history here, I mean a big advance on some positive news. All the market has to do is behave itself, not get into a Trump funk and sell-off below shallow corrective levels like 500 - 700 pts down from here. The EPS of most stocks are rising to meet the market levels so it is more of a time thing then a need to sell off right now. Yesterday was an excellent example of how BB can detach itself from the general market and put in a great day. I love to see it rally like that but I always refrain from getting too excited until the next day is complete and we see how the stock does during profit-taking at key TA levels.

We could drop all the way back to the 20-ema level today ($ 10.88/shr) and it wouldn't hurt this story. Let's see what happens. So far everything looks good for another run at the daily high. We are just below yesterdays base which resulted in the rally, let's reclaim $ 11.00/shr.
    10-31-17 09:27 AM
    10-31-17 12:54 PM
    FYI - MOBL lack of earnings go tonight at 4:30 PM. Hopefully the new CEO can explain why the stock is trading a $ 1.50/shr too high right now.
    10-31-17 02:01 PM
    OT: MOBL
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/mo...200500073.html
    MobileIron Announces Third Quarter 2017 Results

morganplus8, rarsen, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    10-31-17 04:48 PM
    OT: MOBL
    MS Faucette Report: $4.50 PT

After pre-announcement and management transition, MOBL is taking a focused strategy to product portfolio, reducing emphasis on some further out opportunities like IoT. Increasing predictability remains a necessity for us turning more positive, something the company is looking at ways to improve.

Complete report:
    Attached Files
    morganplus8, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    10-31-17 07:03 PM
    OT: Avaya
    From last Friday
    https://www.fiercetelecom.com/teleco...ructuring-plan
    Avaya’s creditors OK financial restructuring plan

From today (paywalls)
    https://www.reuters.com/article/bank...-idUSL2N1N00K3
    Avaya says 'clear path' to bankruptcy exit after mediation

https://www.law360.com/newyork/artic...ted-ch-11-plan
    Avaya Cleared To Solicit Votes On Recalibrated Ch. 11 Plan

10-31-17 11:05 PM
    11-01-17 11:56 AM
    Some positive spin in response to arguments:

Flawed Bear Theories Shouldn’t Hold Back BlackBerry Ltd Stock Buyers - Nasdaq.com
    "After seeing their thesis about BlackBerry technology disproved, BB stock bears are developing theories that really aren't too plausible. Investors should ignore these unfounded theories and buy BB stock."
    morganplus8, Corbu, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    11-01-17 02:13 PM
    I am reading the TSLA results right now.. It frightens me to see how a company can take on such huge risks and put themselves in a situation that they need to raise money quarter after quarter or they'll end up bankrupt.. losing almost a billion US dollars per quarter and you can bet that they've been doing some window dressing. You'd think that Musk had learned from his first near-bankruptcy but instead... ?! Am I too negative here?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-01-17 03:42 PM
    Might as well post a chart on BB:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-nov-2-2017.png

Here is my 3-minute chart on BB covering the last couple of days. We had a very nice, slow rally going on in the stock until we moved into the new month. You can clearly see where we broke down an hour into trade yesterday morning and never tried to recapture that rally again. This morning we started out following the same pattern but found support at the low $ 11.70's and moved sideways. In the last 10 minutes we broke out of that downtrend and now we are neutral while building a base here. We can very easily start to rally from here. We seem to be trading either side of the 20-ema lately while awaiting news. I think we'll take another run at that zero standard deviation line just above $ 11.00 again.

As for TSLA, I think Musk is following the formula that made Amazon the elephant in the room. They grew Amazon to ridiculous heights in terms of market cap because the plan all along was to scale the business to such levels that no one could compete through growth in EPS. Musk wants his company to be the number one product in electronic technology.

As for PSDV - I hope everyone holding the stock saw their revised filing a couple of days ago? In that filing is everything you need to know about how this little company is really operating. Its always about waiting for all the players to get into the investment before the stock goes anywhere. You can see that everyone is positioned now to make money on the future of this play. It is the best reading that you will ever do on how the system works.
    11-02-17 09:49 AM

As for TSLA, I think Musk is following the formula that made Amazon the elephant in the room. They grew Amazon to ridiculous heights in terms of market cap because the plan all along was to scale the business to such levels that no one could compete through growth in EPS. Musk wants his company to be the number one product in electronic technology.

As for PSDV - I hope everyone holding the stock saw their revised filing a couple of days ago? In that filing is everything you need to know about how this little company is really operating. Its always about waiting for all the players to get into the investment before the stock goes anywhere. You can see that everyone is positioned now to make money on the future of this play. It is the best reading that you will ever do on how the system works.
    RE: TSLA - look out for a little company RIMAC Automobili. The founder is a genious and he's making all the right moves after a tough few years.

RE: PSDV - Bought a bit more this morning @ $1.17. My average is 1.188$ after commission. I bought this hoping the report on the 7th is surprising. If not, hopefully I can get out at $1.20 and use the profits for a nice dinner with the wife. Not sure what the revised filing means, but you seem pretty excited about it.
    11-02-17 10:15 AM
    I am reading the TSLA results right now.. It frightens me to see how a company can take on such huge risks and put themselves in a situation that they need to raise money quarter after quarter or they'll end up bankrupt.. losing almost a billion US dollars per quarter and you can bet that they've been doing some window dressing. You'd think that Musk had learned from his first near-bankruptcy but instead... ?! Am I too negative here?
    It takes a lot of guts and a lot of money to get into the car business. Huge barriers to entry.

Financially it would have been a lot more efficient for one of the big car companies to do it, but they wouldn't/didn't get *really* serious about fully electric or autonomous until Tesla showed the way.

Now the problem for Tesla is that the big guys are now fully serious about electric and autonomous. So when those cars hit the market, then what?
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-02-17 12:04 PM
    11-02-17 06:10 PM
    BlackBerry In Advanced Discussions With Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover Related To Software Deal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/blackberry-in-talks-with-tata-motors-jaguar-land-rover-for-software-deal-1509728675
    11-03-17 12:01 PM
    BlackBerry In Advanced Discussions With Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover Related To Software Deal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/blackberry-in-talks-with-tata-motors-jaguar-land-rover-for-software-deal-1509728675
    Place your bets, which one closes higher .................. AAPL or BB ??

Avaya ................................... Nokia ......................................... Tata , what's an investor to do?

Thanks W Hoa
    Corbu, W Hoa, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    11-03-17 01:02 PM
    The story made the first page of the WSJ, BTW.

https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow...al-update.html
    BlackBerry in Talks With Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover for Software Deal -- Update

TORONTO -- BlackBerry Ltd. is in advanced talks with Tata Motors Ltd.'s Jaguar Land Rover unit to provide the car maker with a software portfolio for building next-generation autonomous and electric vehicles, according to people familiar with the matter.

A potential deal between the two companies would give JLR access to the Canadian company's QNX software suite, which would be used to securely handle the computing power needed to run driverless vehicles, these people said.

A formal contract between the two companies hasn't yet been signed and there is no guarantee there will be a deal, they said.

The people said the possible deal would be similar in scope to BlackBerry's tie-up with Ford Motor Co., which uses the company's QNX software within its fleet, including a dedicated operating system and program to control other software and related-security technology.

While BlackBerry wouldn't immediately generate sales with a deal, revenue would be likely to come when JLR releases next-generation cars with QNX software embedded within their components, said one of the people.

If the deal goes through, BlackBerry could generate up to $25 per car in royalties depending on how many QNX modules are used in a vehicle, the person added.

"It's really about licensing of BlackBerry's portfolio to them and helping their engineers build a car using BlackBerry's software components," one of the people said.

BlackBerry is devoting more resources to the auto sector, where it sees itself as a significant software supplier to companies looking ahead to build next-generation vehicles. It has identified the auto sector as a key area for growth in its higher-margin software business after losing out in the global handset wars to Apple Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. and others.

BlackBerry's QNX software is used to securely manage and handle the millions of lines of code that autonomous cars rely upon to analyze a complex system of sensors to avoid hitting other vehicles, read traffic signals, and assess road conditions. The company doesn't write the code used by driverless cars but mainly acts as an operating system that connects various components, much like how applications run on Microsoft Corp.'s Windows.

The QNX software is already in more than 60 million vehicles globally, although the majority is currently used to help manage entertainment and information systems, rather than to support driverless technology.

Earlier this month, the company demonstrated Canada's first public road test of an autonomous vehicle on a stretch of road near its Ottawa offices in one of its QNX concept cars.

Other tech companies, such as Apple, Samsung and Google parent Alphabet Inc., are working with car makers to provide their own technology for the autonomous vehicle market. Some car makers, such as Toyota Motor Corp., are developing their own technology platform using open-source Linux software.

According to a recent analysis by CIBC World Markets, BlackBerry's QNX operating system would supply about 8% of the global car market share with Ford and a potential deal with JLR. The company's operating system software could supply up to 32% of the car market if it can secure more deals with car makers in need of that technology, according to that analysis.

The possible tie-up with BlackBerry would come as JLR, the U.K.'s biggest car maker by production, looks to hire an additional 1,000 electronic and software engineers to ramp up its own development in autonomous and electric vehicles.

In June, JLR has also paired with Lyft Inc., the Silicon Valley ride-hailing company, with a $25 million investment aimed at collaborating on "mobility services."
    11-03-17 06:28 PM
    The story made the first page of the WSJ, BTW.

https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow...al-update.html
    BlackBerry in Talks With Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover for Software Deal -- Update

TORONTO -- BlackBerry Ltd. is in advanced talks with Tata Motors Ltd.'s Jaguar Land Rover unit to provide the car maker with a software portfolio for building next-generation autonomous and electric vehicles, according to people familiar with the matter.

A potential deal between the two companies would give JLR access to the Canadian company's QNX software suite, which would be used to securely handle the computing power needed to run driverless vehicles, these people said.

A formal contract between the two companies hasn't yet been signed and there is no guarantee there will be a deal, they said.

The people said the possible deal would be similar in scope to BlackBerry's tie-up with Ford Motor Co., which uses the company's QNX software within its fleet, including a dedicated operating system and program to control other software and related-security technology.

While BlackBerry wouldn't immediately generate sales with a deal, revenue would be likely to come when JLR releases next-generation cars with QNX software embedded within their components, said one of the people.

If the deal goes through, BlackBerry could generate up to $25 per car in royalties depending on how many QNX modules are used in a vehicle, the person added.

"It's really about licensing of BlackBerry's portfolio to them and helping their engineers build a car using BlackBerry's software components," one of the people said.

BlackBerry is devoting more resources to the auto sector, where it sees itself as a significant software supplier to companies looking ahead to build next-generation vehicles. It has identified the auto sector as a key area for growth in its higher-margin software business after losing out in the global handset wars to Apple Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. and others.

BlackBerry's QNX software is used to securely manage and handle the millions of lines of code that autonomous cars rely upon to analyze a complex system of sensors to avoid hitting other vehicles, read traffic signals, and assess road conditions. The company doesn't write the code used by driverless cars but mainly acts as an operating system that connects various components, much like how applications run on Microsoft Corp.'s Windows.

The QNX software is already in more than 60 million vehicles globally, although the majority is currently used to help manage entertainment and information systems, rather than to support driverless technology.

Earlier this month, the company demonstrated Canada's first public road test of an autonomous vehicle on a stretch of road near its Ottawa offices in one of its QNX concept cars.

Other tech companies, such as Apple, Samsung and Google parent Alphabet Inc., are working with car makers to provide their own technology for the autonomous vehicle market. Some car makers, such as Toyota Motor Corp., are developing their own technology platform using open-source Linux software.

According to a recent analysis by CIBC World Markets, BlackBerry's QNX operating system would supply about 8% of the global car market share with Ford and a potential deal with JLR. The company's operating system software could supply up to 32% of the car market if it can secure more deals with car makers in need of that technology, according to that analysis.

The possible tie-up with BlackBerry would come as JLR, the U.K.'s biggest car maker by production, looks to hire an additional 1,000 electronic and software engineers to ramp up its own development in autonomous and electric vehicles.

In June, JLR has also paired with Lyft Inc., the Silicon Valley ride-hailing company, with a $25 million investment aimed at collaborating on "mobility services."
    I would really like to know how they calculated that 32%. I mean why not 40%? Or 60%?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 01:25 AM
    I would really like to know how they calculated that 32%. I mean why not 40%? Or 60%?
    Looking at world car production from 2015, because that year included Tata in the top 20, you can mix and match your auto producers to see what it would take to accomplish even 32%. With Ford and Tata BlackBerry has 8%, throw in Toyota, Hyundai/Kia and GMC and you're at 32%. But that isn't likely any time soon, so how about Volkswagen +Hyundai/Kia + Nissan? Getting 32% is possible, getting more is a challenge.

1 Toyota Japan 10,083,831
    2 Volkswagen Group Germany 9,872,424
    3 Hyundai / Kia South Korea 7,988,479
    4 General Motors United States 7,485,587
    5 Ford United States 6,396,369
    6 Nissan Japan 5,170,074
    7 Fiat Chrysler Italy / United States 4,865,233
    8 Honda Japan 4,543,838
    9 Suzuki Japan 3,034,081
    10 Renault France 3,032,652
    11 Groupe PSA France 2,982,035
    12 BMW Germany 2,279,503
    13 SAIC China 2,260,579
    14 Daimler Germany 2,134,645
    15 Mazda Japan 1,540,576
    16 Changan China 1,540,133
    17 Mitsubishi Japan 1,218,853
    18 Dongfeng China 1,209,296
    19 BAIC China 1,169,894
    20 Tata India 1,009,369
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-04-17 07:47 AM
    Avaya:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-avaya.jpg
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-04-17 10:18 AM
    OT:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/iphone-...000-1509724800

iPhone X Review: Yes, There Are Reasons to Pay Apple $1,000
    Apple’s latest has a crisp display, easier-to-grip design, top-notch cameras—and no home button

rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    11-04-17 11:06 AM
113,256 ... 41634164416541664167 ...