View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    A question, probably for Morgan (you're welcome! :-)):

Is Avaya's chapter 11 plan / emergence from chapter 11 dependent on the outcome with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    10-19-17 09:20 AM
    A question, probably for Morgan (you're welcome! :-)):

Is Avaya's chapter 11 plan / emergence from chapter 11 dependent on the outcome with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    I think they have done their due diligence regarding the risk of several outcomes for that case. They need to get out of Ch.11 ASAP so they aren't about to waste anytime waiting for a settlement. The probability of BlackBerry receiving more than a well defined cash settlement is already accounted for, I suspect that they know that the bulk of the settlement will involve royalties. It's anyone's guess at this point but they need to get out of Ch.11 to save the business and retain customers. I also think that BB is aware of their structured Ch.11 exit and will work with them to make all things viable for both of them. Who knows, maybe there is nothing in it for BB to begin with. Either way, I'm sure the risks are accounted for at this point. Let's see how that Nokia one goes ................

On the BB.N front, the stock almost made it down to my support line today and bounced back. The stock is doing very well all things considered here. GL
    10-19-17 10:09 AM
    Thanks Morgan!!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-19-17 12:23 PM
    Morgan mate ! I would really like to get into your brain at this time and find out your thoughts on the Dow and other markets. Lol

For this favor, I will get you a case of beer. Lol
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    10-19-17 05:09 PM
    For those who want to know.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/10/...two-day-event/
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    10-19-17 06:11 PM
    Re: the MOBL scandalle... CEO ousted by board, pre - release of financials (not good), tons of shareholder lawsuits...surprised the shares are holding as well as they have....time for BlackBerry to hit MOBL clients hard with switch offers, methinks. Go after the clients rather than the company, given recent events. The funniest thing is that both Good and MOBL built their growth trumpeting BlackBerry's demise, and yet now those who made the decision to switch from BlackBerry to either are looking particularly foolish.
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 10-19-17 at 09:06 PM.
    10-19-17 08:36 PM
    Old reading material in regards to Mobl, but still good.

https://www.lexisnexis.com/legalnews...hreatened.aspx
    Glad they included the underwriters in this lawsuit...any idea if it went anywhere?
    rarsen likes this.
    10-19-17 08:51 PM
    Although we don't know MobileIron's quarterly results yet, Faucette is obviously biased!!! What a poor analysis, counting the number of CEO's, CFO's... that have left the company and giving them a EW PT of 4.5 while they're trading at 3.4 pre-market. Reason being? Some of their software peers experienced some QoQ revenue volatility issues too.....

This guy is either guessing or corrupt.

Posted via CB10
    Really? You actually think he's 'guessing' in such a targeted and consistent manner? Look at the underwriting activities for the companies he works for and then it all becomes clear.
    10-19-17 08:58 PM
    What a complete moron. Only valuing it below net cash would have been even more laughable

Posted via CB10
    Wow...thats the most nonsensical piece of drivel I've ever heard on BNN, including everything that I've seen Acker ever say. He's struggling to explain himself so badly even he's embarrassed at himself. Gotta wonder what's going on behind the scenes.
    10-19-17 09:04 PM
    MOBL up almost 10 percent... maybe we'll see a company like Citrix purchase them?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-20-17 09:13 AM
    Morgan mate ! I would really like to get into your brain at this time and find out your thoughts on the Dow and other markets. Lol

For this favor, I will get you a case of beer. Lol
    If you remember the Winter of 2016 you'll know what's in store for us if we go through a normal 8 - 10% correction in a bull market, (which we are in today). At 10% we would trim 2,300 pts off the DOW with similar drops in other indexes. With Trump at the helm, those 10% drops could get to be much larger, something like a 20% drop which is entering bear market territory. That would be so painful if you are fully invested.

Now, the problem we have today is that everyone is leaning in the same direction, no one is short, everyone is chasing stock and we all are positioning ourselves for gains in the months ahead. History has taught me that when everyone is leaning in the same direction, it is time for a change in that direct.

Against that back drop is the tantalizing chance that Trump is able to pass some meaningful tax reform. If he can, the benchmark 14 - 15 times earnings per share becomes 16 - 17 times EPS and we'll go higher from here. The market is hoping that corporations in the US can get a meaningful tax break that flows to the bottom line. There you have it, we get tax reform or we get a healthy correction in the general market. Which will it be? I want to be ready for that exit, have plenty of cash, take some profits and not have to wait a year of longer to rebuild this market.

Where can I go to pickup that beer?
    rarsen, _dimi_, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    10-20-17 09:40 AM
    MOBL up almost 10 percent... maybe we'll see a company like Citrix purchase them?

Posted via CB10
    Before you buy a company, you are allowed, by SEC law, to purchase up to 10 % of the stock in the open market. Let's hope that BlackBerry isn't using our BB share buyback money to invest in MOBL! Ridiculous price at these levels.
    _dimi_, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    10-20-17 09:44 AM

Love the Headline that Reuters used... compared with the total lack of any details.
    10-20-17 10:34 AM
    10-20-17 01:46 PM
    If you remember the Winter of 2016 you'll know what's in store for us if we go through a normal 8 - 10% correction in a bull market, (which we are in today). At 10% we would trim 2,300 pts off the DOW with similar drops in other indexes. With Trump at the helm, those 10% drops could get to be much larger, something like a 20% drop which is entering bear market territory. That would be so painful if you are fully invested.

Now, the problem we have today is that everyone is leaning in the same direction, no one is short, everyone is chasing stock and we all are positioning ourselves for gains in the months ahead. History has taught me that when everyone is leaning in the same direction, it is time for a change in that direct.

Against that back drop is the tantalizing chance that Trump is able to pass some meaningful tax reform. If he can, the benchmark 14 - 15 times earnings per share becomes 16 - 17 times EPS and we'll go higher from here. The market is hoping that corporations in the US can get a meaningful tax break that flows to the bottom line. There you have it, we get tax reform or we get a healthy correction in the general market. Which will it be? I want to be ready for that exit, have plenty of cash, take some profits and not have to wait a year of longer to rebuild this market.

Where can I go to pickup that beer?
    Morgan, many thanks for your time and thoughts! !!!!

I truly wish that I can make that case of beer reality for you, but one day it might happen. Your (and other contributers) time in this thread is greatly appreciated.

Cheers mates!!
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-20-17 06:31 PM
    Nope , no idea of what happened and probably will never know, but when something is easy, others will fallow.
    10-20-17 08:17 PM
    Re: the MOBL scandalle... CEO ousted by board, pre - release of financials (not good), tons of shareholder lawsuits...surprised the shares are holding as well as they have....time for BlackBerry to hit MOBL clients hard with switch offers, methinks. Go after the clients rather than the company, given recent events. The funniest thing is that both Good and MOBL built their growth trumpeting BlackBerry's demise, and yet now those who made the decision to switch from BlackBerry to either are looking particularly foolish.
    Oh-boy-Oh-boy-Oh-boy!
    I can't wait to hear how Mr. J. Faucette spins this to light...
    (Popcorn going in microwave).

Safe weekend fellas!
    10-21-17 06:41 PM
    Let BB get some wins from MOBL, let the SP slide, and then get it for cheap.
    10-22-17 02:07 PM
    10-23-17 11:32 AM
    Have we actually had a positive day on NYSE so far?!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-17 01:59 PM
    Have we actually had a positive day on NYSE so far?!

Posted via CB10
    Well, Thursday was as it tried to hold support, but, it was overbought for a while there and needs to rest a bit. Let the ma's catch up and see what happens.The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-102317.png
    10-23-17 05:21 PM
    Hi CJ,

Are you back in bb? Would you mind sharing your thoughts on current situation?
    Hey man...sorry for the non/late reply. No, I'm not in but like to watch. There are so many strengths and weaknesses that could be exploited to move this stock that I don't feel comfortable owning it. The last ER was the first in years that actually gave hope and I expecte(ed) it to not continue. We are back to BB10 launch prices, so that's good from a shareholder and TA perspective, but they have to prove beyond the next ER again that they cans sustain this momentum. Unfortunately, they don't enjoy the benefit of the "newer" tech co's that can burn through millions per Q and garner multi billion dollar valuations, even though they offer better, equivalent, and tried tested and true tech. None the less, I believe in the company, just not the stock. That will likely change, but if the current chart holds true, I'll be getting a pretty good entry in the not so distant future.
    morganplus8, JLagoon and rarsen like this.
    10-23-17 07:59 PM
    Hey man...sorry for the non/late reply. No, I'm not in but like to watch. There are so many strengths and weaknesses that could be exploited to move this stock that I don't feel comfortable owning it. The last ER was the first in years that actually gave hope and I expecte(ed) it to not continue. We are back to BB10 launch prices, so that's good from a shareholder and TA perspective, but they have to prove beyond the next ER again that they cans sustain this momentum. Unfortunately, they don't enjoy the benefit of the "newer" tech co's that can burn through millions per Q and garner multi billion dollar valuations, even though they offer better, equivalent, and tried tested and true tech. None the less, I believe in the company, just not the stock. That will likely change, but if the current chart holds true, I'll be getting a pretty good entry in the not so distant future.
    Thanks for your input, CJ!
    cjcampbell, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-23-17 08:35 PM
    10-24-17 10:15 AM
113,256 ... 41604161416241634164 ...