View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Corbu, not able to see the post other than numbers.
    10-16-17 06:42 AM
    Sorry, mate!

JC Twitter post at 1 AM.

John Chen‏ Verified account @JohnChen 7h 7 hours ago
    BlackBerry has a new partner @NYSE
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dmpboqfueaauykg.jpg
    fanBBRY likes this.
    10-16-17 06:48 AM
    10-16-17 08:39 AM
    I am just wondering if anybody could provide some insight as to why the move to the NYSE would be beneficial for BlackBerry shareholders? I understand that there is some potential for added exposure as opposed to the Nasdaq but would the change of listing actually drive any additional demand for the stock?

Just wondering what would have really changed from a shareholders perspective on this move. Any thoughts are appreciative.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer, rarsen and JLagoon like this.
    10-16-17 08:44 AM
    https://www.cnbc.com/latest-video/?t...tvideo:more:46

Opening Bell, October 16, 2017
    31 Mins Ago
    John Chen, BlackBerry executive chairman and CEO, at the NYSE, and Ronald Cogburn, Excela Technologies CEO, and Suresh Yannamani, Excela Technologies president, at the Nasdaq, ring today's opening bells.
    rarsen likes this.
    10-16-17 09:00 AM
    I am just wondering if anybody could provide some insight as to why the move to the NYSE would be beneficial for BlackBerry shareholders? I understand that there is some potential for added exposure as opposed to the Nasdaq but would the change of listing actually drive any additional demand for the stock?

Just wondering what would have really changed from a shareholders perspective on this move. Any thoughts are appreciative.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I can't think of anything except that they say that there is 'more' manipulation on the NASDAQ.
    Supposedly the NYSE is 'more' stable, but I don't know what that means.
    The NYSE is more 'prestigious'.
    Maybe it's a combination of many factors. I'm told that Mutual Funds prefer stocks from the NYSE, but it doesn't seem to be hurting FB and Google (Alphabet).
    I think the SP will act (hopefully positively) the same way, independent on which stock exchange it is on.
    10-16-17 09:06 AM

Thanks!
    I was about the post the same question! There used to be value in making it to the “big board”, but that when we were kids. There are now a lot of massive, well-established companies not on the NYSE, especially in Tech.

So I’d like to understand what the objective of this move is for Chen and the board?
    10-16-17 09:09 AM
    https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/10/1...ng-for-us.html

BlackBerry CEO John Chen speaks to "Squawk on the Street" about the possible effects of the NAFTA negotiations, the news that a key patent executive is leaving as well as the company's listing migration to the Nasdaq from the NYSE.
    10-16-17 09:46 AM
    OT:
    Good day for those still in EXEL or HALO.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-16-17 10:25 AM

BlackBerry CEO John Chen speaks to "Squawk on the Street" about the possible effects of the NAFTA negotiations, the news that a key patent executive is leaving as well as the company's listing migration to the Nasdaq from the NYSE.
    Thanks Corbu, I think Chen addressed the reasons for moving to the NYSE nicely. Down the road, there might be some additional benefits from moving away from the "primarily tech sector" into the mainstream market as well, but, despite what some investors have harped on for weeks now on other sites, there just isn't a short term boost. I believe the exposure on the NYSE is good for BlackBerry in terms of worldwide following. I also believe John is right when he says he will be more aligned with his customers now.

By the way, I really like how he smirked after saying they (meaning CNBC staff) might be moving back to BlackBerry phones, while talking about hardware. I for one am still carrying two phones until I can get my hands on a dual sim phone with the BlackBerry logo on it.

In other news, nice move on HALO, it's at my target based upon recent news.

As for additional settlements, we could hear from Chen any day now but who really knows?

The stock itself, I'm not surprised that we are pausing here, slightly over-bought and perhaps there was some short-term trading into the ringing of the bell today. In addition, he spoke of "we" too many times while talking about NAFTA and that might have caught investors erroneously thinking BlackBerry has issues with NAFTA negotiations which wasn't the best use of that argument on his part. Let's see where we land here, news is always good so bring on something new for us Chen! GL
    Corbu, jsocan, kellyweng88 and 5 others like this.
    10-16-17 10:28 AM
    10-16-17 10:47 AM
    https://www.thestreet.com/story/1434...cted-cars.html

BlackBerry Is Now a Play on Connected Cars and Hacking: CEO John Chen

Blackberry CEO John Chen talks with TheStreet about the tech company's ongoing turnaround. While Blackberry is indirectly involved in the smartphone business, it's new claim to fame is with connected cars.
    10-16-17 11:47 AM
    10-16-17 12:02 PM
    10-16-17 12:08 PM
    Aside from the brand 'upgrade' or exposure which the NYSE seems to offer, could it be that it's much easier for BlackBerry to protect the share price in an auctions market (instead of a dealers market), especially since they have the approval ready for a buyback?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 12:38 PM
    Corbu, I've quoted your post above and as you can see nothing appears. Others have commented on your tweet posts being invisible.

This is how your post looks on my computer browser:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-corbu.jpg

The image below is what your post looks like on the CrackBerry app

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-corbu-tweet.jpg

Something isn't working. Cheers and thank-you for all your great posts.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 10-16-17 at 01:23 PM.
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    10-16-17 12:42 PM
    Hi W Hoa,,

Could it be that there is a problem viewing Twitter posts in general from the CB10 app, as they seem to be viewable just fine on a PC?

In any event, those two posts were from the Cheddar Twitter feed.

One of them was this:
    https://cheddar.com/videos/ceo-john-...-of-blackberry

I can't locate the other one. But have found this instead:
    https://cheddar.com/videos/blackberr...quiet-on-trade

I hope you can view those. If not, let me know.

I usually try and post Twitter images separately but I can't link Twitter videos, for some reason. Probably my own incompetence! LOL!

And thank you for your great posts too. We manage to do a pretty good job collectively, I find

Cheers,
    10-16-17 01:40 PM
    Could it be that there is a problem viewing Twitter posts in general from the CB10 app, as they seem to be viewable just fine on a PC?
    Two different computers and two different browsers give me this:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-corbu.jpg
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    10-16-17 01:56 PM
    By by BBRY hello BB. Time for another edit to this Thread title.
    10-16-17 02:12 PM
    Another Twitter video:

NYSE Verified account @NYSE Follow @NYSE
    A lot has changed at @BlackBerry since @JohnChen took over in 2013
    10-16-17 02:47 PM

I'm a little disappointed on how Chen spoke about NAFTA having a negative impact on BlackBerry.
    Basically, when it's all said and done, there likely won't be a whole lot different than how it was before and if there, address it when it happens.
    There is no point fueling anyones fire on trying to drop the stock price.
    He may as well talk about the negative impact that a meteor would have on BlackBerry
    10-16-17 05:29 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I'm a little disappointed on how Chen spoke about NAFTA having a negative impact on BlackBerry.
    Basically, when it's all said and done, there likely won't be a whole lot different than how it was before and if there, address it when it happens.
    There is no point fueling anyones fire on trying to drop the stock price.
    He may as well talk about the negative impact that a meteor would have on BlackBerry
    He misplayed that big time. I would have just been neutral saying " all businesses will have to see what the end result, if any is".. why say it could be disastrous?! ... he is too frank at times with media and it gets him in deep water.. totally unnecessary...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 05:40 PM

Props to Bla1ze!
    10-16-17 06:13 PM
    Complete interview:
    https://cheddar.com/videos/blackberr...novative-shift

BlackBerry CEO on the Company's Innovative Shift

October 16, 2017

John Chen, CEO of BlackBerry joins Cheddar on the day it moves to the New York Stock Exchange after 30 years at the Nasdaq. Chen explains that it's time to relaunch the company in order for customers to feel more connected. Trading at the New York Stock Exchange will help BlackBerry with that mission.

BlackBerry has shifted over the past few years from a smartphone-focused company to a software and services conglomerate. Chen talks about the importance of the phone itself and getting BlackBerry's security technology into most smartphones around the globe. He believes making smartphone smarter is all in the software.

In moving away from devices, BlackBerry has driven full-force into autonomous technology, helping to put Canada's first self-driving car on the road. He explains that he doesn't see the company as competing with Apple in the self-driving car space and wants BlackBerry to be the leader of communication within the autonomous industry.

He also addresses media reports surrounding the exit of BlackBerry's patent licensing director, saying it's "not important" and the company "has it under control."

Plus, Chen gives his opinion on U.S. and China relations. Since President Trump took office, China has been "impressively quiet and mute" on trade. He's encouraged by this and hopes behind-the-scenes talks are thoughtful and moving in the right direction.
    W Hoa and rarsen like this.
    10-17-17 07:19 AM
    10-17-17 08:44 AM
113,256 ... 41584159416041614162 ...