View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks Morgan!!!

I will start a thread that trashes SPHS, hoping that helps you with your $2.00 purchase. LOL
    LOL ! You may find a case of "Original" at your front door step .................................

It makes a big difference, that 10% does, not that I want others to lose on paper but, if can it happen for just one minute on big volume that would be helpful! HA!

We have had good news from BlackBerry every day since the ER and today should be no different, come on BlackBerry, you know you want to tell us about a legal settlement don't you?
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    10-04-17 07:18 AM
    Speaking of settlements, Morgan, I understand we should expect an update on the Avaya lawsuit on October 17. We'll be on NYSE by then!
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-04-17 07:27 AM
    Speaking of settlements, Morgan, I understand we should expect an update on the Avaya lawsuit on October 17. We'll be on NYSE by then!
    Thanks for that news! I might buy back my trading account position in BBRY again if that's the case. BlackBerry has been spot on with their legal pursuits. If BBRY goes up 10% I could roll into SPHS at $ 2.20/shr .................. nice! Thanks for all the good news recently, and some bad, that analysis you just posted to the board is so negative, what's his problem?
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    10-04-17 07:32 AM
    What's his problem? He works for Wall Street, and they all hate Prem after he got their attack dog (SAC) taken out behind the barn. The question isn't about criminality (thats a given), it's about enforcement.
    Corbu, morganplus8, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    10-04-17 07:57 AM
    or lack thereof....
    Corbu likes this.
    10-04-17 07:57 AM
    SAC?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 08:45 AM
    SAC?
    Hedge fund SAC Capital, indicted for fraud, has been frequent foe of Canadian companies | Financial Post

Please correct me if I am wrong, DaSchwantz.
    10-04-17 08:52 AM
    Are we still forming that pennant?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-04-17 11:33 AM
    From the Security files where also FireEye’s (FEYE) Mandiant doing some publicity:

Why the Equifax Data Breach Matters so Much - Market Realist
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-equifax-worst-data-breach.png
    Could impact 143 million US customers, or about 44% of the US population. Given the extent of the information disclosed by this data breach, which included not only people’s identities but also their SSNs (US Social Security numbers), the Federal Bureau of Investigation is conducting a probe. Lanterman also noted that personal information such as birth dates and SSNs are unchanging and can be sold or misused for years, while credit card numbers can be canceled at any time. Citing Lanterman, Barron’s blog stated that the “data stolen in this breach are already being sold on the dark web for upwards of $1,000, whereas credit-card data typically only fetches $5–$25 per card number.” Equifax (EFX) is now facing lawsuits from attorneys general in New York and Massachusetts, not to mention the ever-increasing consumer uproar.
    Although the company brought on FireEye’s (FEYE) Mandiant to investigate, rather than owning up to the responsibility and carelessness that exposed millions of customers, Equifax has chosen to blame an open-source software by the Apache Foundation. The sell-off of nearly $2 million in Equifax stock by company’s executives in August garnered news that there was skepticism that the company’s executives learned of the data breach early and immediately acted upon this information before Equifax announced it to its investors and consumers. The recent crisis—and the fact that Equifax experienced the cyberattack almost five months before it disclosed it—had a significant bearing on its stock price. Since September 7, 2017, when the company disclosed the data breach, Equifax stock has fallen ~26%.

Comment: Noting the European approach taking effect in May 2018, where Big Fines are among items which are stronger than a small slap on the hand for the negligent, clueless and with criminal carelessness :
    Assessing FireEye's EU Opportunities in General Data Protection Regulations - Market Realist
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-gdpr.png
    10-04-17 11:57 AM
    10-04-17 12:04 PM
    Are we still forming that pennant?

Posted via CB10
    No, the low of the day yesterday ruined the pennant and indicated more of a pull back was in store. The RSI Indicator was above 70 and now we are just under that mark. We need one more day to see how things shape up here. Support looks good at $ 11.00/shr plus or minus $ .10/shr as the heavy volume trading slows down now. I would be careful of the general market itself pulling back after its amazing run lately.

I'll post something tomorrow.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 10-04-17 at 12:24 PM.
    10-04-17 12:07 PM
    I got back in today gang. prob a bit high but it's now under my TFSA so i'll keep in for awhile. Cheers!
    10-04-17 12:17 PM
    10-04-17 02:32 PM
    If you don't have access to the ft article here's the first part of it:

APRIL 27, 2017 by Lindsay Fortado in New York
    Billionaire Steve Cohen and his former hedge fund, SAC Capital, have been dragged back into one of the most vicious and longest-running legal sagas in the industry after an appeals court reinstated them as defendants in an $8bn lawsuit. The case, filed more than 10 years ago by Fairfax Financial Holdings, accused Mr Cohen, SAC, and other big-name hedge fund managers of conspiring to drive down the Canadian insurance company’s share price using dirty tricks. Part of the case against Mr Cohen and SAC was revived by a panel of judges on the superior court of New Jersey’s appellate division, which overturned a ruling dismissing them from the lawsuit. The case was sent back to a lower court for further hearings. The case pitted Fairfax, controlled by Prem Watsa, the investor sometimes described as Canada’s Warren Buffett, against a group of funds that originally also included Daniel Loeb’s Third Point Capital and Jim Chanos’s Kynikos Associates. It accused the hedge funds of racketeering for allegedly working together to cause Fairfax losses so they could profit from short selling the shares.
    Corbu, _dimi_, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    10-04-17 02:39 PM
    The sun will now rise in the West:

Nokia And BlackBerry Look Like Winners, As Apple's Buzz Cools Off

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmo.../#4e7440c55eb3
    10-04-17 03:48 PM
    OT: ACAD
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ac...200500323.html
    ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase III Study of Pimavanserin in Dementia-Related Psychosis

For those still invested in it...
    10-04-17 04:08 PM
    LOL ! You may find a case of "Original" at your front door step .................................

It makes a big difference, that 10% does, not that I want others to lose on paper but, if can it happen for just one minute on big volume that would be helpful! HA!

We have had good news from BlackBerry every day since the ER and today should be no different, come on BlackBerry, you know you want to tell us about a legal settlement don't you?
    LMHO!

It's working! Today it dropped a whole cent. Lol
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-04-17 04:28 PM
    Third piece from Daniel Bartus from ML in a week.

Someone must be angry...
    Why do I assume this analyst reads this thread!

Change of topic!

Corbu, you post one more thing about ACAD, I will have no choice but to block you! Whenever I find the block button. Lol
    Corbu likes this.
    10-04-17 05:41 PM
    10-04-17 08:03 PM
    [QUOTE=Corbu;13036305]Big news!

BlackBerry Announces Plan to Move to the New York Stock Exchange

If you can't beat them, join them... Then beat them.
    10-05-17 12:42 AM
    The sun will now rise in the West:

Nokia And BlackBerry Look Like Winners, As Apple's Buzz Cools Off

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmo.../#4e7440c55eb3
    Nice find.

Still haven't given up hope for my Nokia-Berry.

Perhaps as partial settlement or let's say penalty for Nokia being naughty?

One day my ship will come in.
    10-05-17 12:48 AM
    Hey Guys, been gone for awhile. Now I'm back.
    Is BB still a buy at these prices?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-05-17 01:54 AM
    From the Security files, Marissa Mayer's errors of judgement were not limited to her November 2012 statement: "We literally are moving the company from BlackBerrys to smartphones. One of the really important things for Yahoo's strategy moving forward is mobile."

Yahoo says all 3 billion accounts hit by 2013 hack | ZDNet
    Yahoo is warning as many as three billion accounts were stolen in its massive 2013 data breach, the company confirmed. "It is important to note that, in connection with Yahoo's December 2016 announcement of the August 2013 theft, Yahoo took action to protect all accounts. The company required all users who had not changed their passwords since the time of the theft to do so," the statement read. The company was bought by Verizon for $4.4 billion earlier this year after the price was written down following news of the cyberattacks. Yahoo is now folded into AOL under a new subsidiary, Oath.

Why Marissa Mayer is the ‘least likable’ CEO in tech
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/31/why-...o-in-tech.html
    Mayer performed the worst of all public tech company CEOs with a 32.8 rating out of 100, falling short of the industry's 69.7 average rating. She was expected to receive at that time a $23 million severance package.
    10-05-17 07:29 AM
    Thanks for that news! I might buy back my trading account position in BBRY again if that's the case. BlackBerry has been spot on with their legal pursuits. If BBRY goes up 10% I could roll into SPHS at $ 2.20/shr .................. nice! Thanks for all the good news recently, and some bad, that analysis you just posted to the board is so negative, what's his problem?
    any particular logic behind going in at $2 other than that it is lower that $2.2?
    10-05-17 01:13 PM
    any particular logic behind going in at $2 other than that it is lower that $2.2?
    I assumed this was a rhetorical question! Of course a 10% discount is a good thing. By my saying I want more at $ 2.00/shr it simply points out to many here that I own enough of the darn thing now. I'm concerned about the way the market isn't self correcting lately. If the Dow Jones backs up to the 50-dma, I'll be buying lots of stock a bit cheaper. As for SPHS, I'm likely to buy it a bit higher, say around the 50-dma on that one. Of course there is the strong possibility of buying more BBRY too. As stated though, I'm concerned about the ability of the general market to blow off any thought of correcting, this tells me that at some point, we could see more than usual profit-taking.
    rarsen likes this.
    10-05-17 01:58 PM
113,250 ... 41534154415541564157 ...