View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    @Corbu. I heard on the call that Radar L increases the addressable market from 8MM to 28MM (I think). Chen also mentioned that most of their pipeline was US & CA. I was interested in confirming if the addressable market stats were global, and if so, what percent is US & CA, and if not what is his view of the global addressable market.

Thank you very much!

btw, finally left bbry hardware (first time since 2005) trying to figure out this galaxy note 8 keyboard.
    09-30-17 05:27 PM
    It seemed to me that he's looking to partner up in cybersecurity.. did he not imply that they can't keep up with demand? He phrased it in a way that wasn't 100% clear to me. definitely not selling though, imho :-)

Posted via CB10
    My sense was he has a strong pipeline, but wants to try to leverage as much of his existing people in parallel to hiring. I'm assuming they will add heads, but be conservative to try and avoid a bench. I suppose a partnership is possible, but he said the 40% was off of a small base. Probably a lot of potential strategies, but I don't think I heard him tip his hand on the call.
    Corbu, _dimi_, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-30-17 05:35 PM
    @Corbu. I heard on the call that Radar L increases the addressable market from 8MM to 28MM (I think). Chen also mentioned that most of their pipeline was US & CA. I was interested in confirming if the addressable market stats were global, and if so, what percent is US & CA, and if not what is his view of the global addressable market.

Thank you very much!

btw, finally left bbry hardware (first time since 2005) trying to figure out this galaxy note 8 keyboard.
    Noted. Thanks.

BTW, you are right:

So, in large, our Radar Lite, are on schedule early this month. As a reminder, this version of radar is a cost optimized version and will significantly expand the total addressable market for radar from 8 million units to a market of 28 million devices platform.
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    09-30-17 05:52 PM
    Noted. Thanks.

BTW, you are right:
    Thanks Corbu!
    Corbu likes this.
    09-30-17 05:54 PM
    Hi Corbu, thanks for the opportunity! I heard JC mention (during one of the interviews post-conference call) that one of their initiatives for generating recurring revenue from the car, is going to be launched 'soon'. When can we expect their in-car 'system-breach' software to be announced, and when can we expect to start seeing revenue?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-30-17 06:27 PM
    Hi Corbu, thanks for the opportunity! I heard JC mention (during one of the interviews post-conference call) that one of their initiatives for generating recurring revenue from the car, is going to be launched 'soon'. When can we expect their in-car 'system-breach' software to be announced, and when can we expect to start seeing revenue?
    Hi dimi! Are you referring to 3:47 to 4:17 here?
    The three areas where John Chen sees BlackBerry investing its cash - Video - BNN

And this?
    Connected cars provide BlackBerry with a three-point-turn

We also demonstrated at CES a prototype of vehicle management portal. With over 100 million lines of code now, a software code in some of today’s vehicle, there is a growing risk of security breaches and failures. This portal would be targeted for automotive makers and Tier 1 suppliers. It allows user to scan software code, identify vulnerabilities or exposure and view key parameters and attributes in a dashboard view. We received extremely positive feedback from the CES attendees, and we expect to launch this offering later in the fiscal year.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-30-17 07:13 PM
    Thanks Corbu!

Interesting listening material at the 8:00 minute mark until the 8:30 mark.

The three areas where John Chen sees BlackBerry investing its cash - Video - BNN
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-30-17 08:03 PM
    Exactly, thanks!! So the exact words JC used were it's 'in the works' and 'they're close'. You might also want to ask if this portal is expected to generate revenue faster than normal QNX 'design wins', which usually take anywhere between 12-24 months after winning a contract. To me at least, it seems like this specific product could bring in revenue from ~ day one. Also, is the portal included in their 25 USD per car figure that is the high-end of what they're targetting?

As a seperate question, I'd really be interested in how their 'Over-the-air update' product, enabled by QNX, is doing? Are they realizing their full potential here? If not, what is holding them back?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-30-17 08:12 PM
    Hi Corbu, would you please ask in the near future, intermediate future and long term, in what order in terms of revenue from big to small JC sees, of following parts,
    BlackBerry brand handset licensing
    BlackBerry Secure for Android license
    QNX in Auto business
    Radar
    QNX licensing in other embedded devices

Thanks!
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    09-30-17 09:04 PM
    Corbu, can you please add one more question, how is progress of BBM SaaS platform? When will they see material revenue from it?
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    10-01-17 01:24 AM
    Here is the list of all promising businesses I can think of, can anyone add if I miss any?

UEM
    BlackBerry smartphone licensing
    BlackBerry Secure Android licensing
    QNX 7.0 for auto
    QNX 7.0 for embedded devices
    Radar
    BBM consumer
    BBM enterprise
    BBM SaaS
    pure IP licensing
    current QNX offering
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    10-01-17 01:35 AM
    Regarding Walmart adopting Radar, we should know very soon whether it will happen as the current contract with I.D. Systems expires this month.

The following article is from November 2014

Wal-Mart Extends Trailer-Tracking Contract
    10-01-17 06:08 AM
    Hi Corbu,

Very intrigued by the resilience of SAF. The anticipated drop did not happen and instead quite "impressive" as from a Fools article described it. Is this just a one time blip or start of something else?
    Did BBRY redefine what device/devices would contribute to the revenue. Would a connected vehicle which would be using services like OTA, secure scanning, etc be falling into this category?

Can they share some color or maybe someone here have some clue. I went thru the transcripts but I may have missed the SAF specifics.

Thanks. Happy Sunday everyone.
    jsocan, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    10-01-17 10:29 AM
    Hi Corbu,

Very intrigued by the resilience of SAF. The anticipated drop did not happen and instead quite "impressive" as from a Fools article described it. Is this just a one time blip or start of something else?
    Did BBRY redefine what device/devices would contribute to the revenue. Would a connected vehicle which would be using services like OTA, secure scanning, etc be falling into this category?

Can they share some color or maybe someone here have some clue. I went thru the transcripts but I may have missed the SAF specifics.

Thanks. Happy Sunday everyone.

It's my understanding that the SAF revenue only fell $1 million but that wasn't expected to continue. I believe during the prepared remarks from the CFO discussing the financial results indicated that the results were as a result of a better recovery of unpaid SAF revenue from clients. They still are modeling a decline in SAF of 20-25% I believe.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 01:06 PM
    I bought 20 shares at around $8 per or somewhere around there.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-01-17 01:37 PM
    remarks from the CFO discussing the financial results indicated that the results were as a result of a better recovery of unpaid SAF revenue from clients.
    Now if BlackBerry could only recover 10's (or hundreds) of millions of unpaid SAF owing from their, at one time, largest South American market.
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    10-01-17 03:07 PM
    https://www.cantechletter.com/2017/1...-device-maker/
    BlackBerry licensing deal signals new era for former device maker

10-01-17 05:49 PM
    WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Oct. 2, 2017) - BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)(BB.TO) today announced that Yanfeng Visteon, a global Tier 1 automotive supplier, has selected the company's safety-certified QNX Platform for Instrument Clusters 1.0 software for a digital instrument cluster project with a major Chinese OEM. Terms of the deal are confidential.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bl...100000200.html
    10-02-17 05:27 AM
    Thanks W Hoa!!!

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Oct. 2, 2017) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced that Yanfeng Visteon, a global Tier 1 automotive supplier, has selected the company's safety-certified QNX Platform for Instrument Clusters 1.0 software for a digital instrument cluster project with a major Chinese OEM. Terms of the deal are confidential.

"BlackBerry's QNX technology has been powering digital instrument clusters in vehicle brands such as Alfa Romeo, Audi, Corvette, Jaguar and Range Rover since 2009," said John Wall, SVP and GM of BlackBerry QNX. "We are honored to partner with Yangfeng Visteon, a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier in China, to bring our secure, scalable, and trusted automotive software to one of the largest car markets in the world."

"BlackBerry QNX was the obvious partner for us due to their deep history in cybersecurity and reliable embedded solutions," said Jayesh Patel, General Manager of Yangfeng Visteon Electronics Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. "Together with BlackBerry QNX, our customer will receive a superior solution with the highest automotive safety certification in the industry."

BlackBerry's QNX Platform for Instrument Clusters 1.0 was recently certified by TÜV Rheinland, an independent auditing firm that is globally recognized for functional safety assessments. The QNX software platform has the highest safety certification required by the industry for digital instrument clusters - ISO 26262 ASIL B.

Additional information about BlackBerry's QNX Platform for Instrument Clusters 1.0 is available here.
    10-02-17 06:50 AM
    Overview of Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics Co.

Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics Co.,ltd engages in manufacture and sale of auto parts. The company was founded in 2002 and is based in Shanghai, China. Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics Co.,ltd is a joint venture between Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. and Visteon Corp.

Rank 4th in China Strong Automotive Component Enterprise Top 100

Visteon Corp: https://www.visteon.com/
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-02-17 07:04 AM
    WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Oct. 2, 2017) - BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)(BB.TO) today announced that Yanfeng Visteon, a global Tier 1 automotive supplier, has selected the company's safety-certified QNX Platform for Instrument Clusters 1.0 software for a digital instrument cluster project with a major Chinese OEM. Terms of the deal are confidential.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bl...100000200.html
    Great news! And the Ford like contract with another automaker is also pending
    10-02-17 07:28 AM
    I love these automotive QNX deals.
    the small monthly recurring revenues they can generate from each car could be huge
    Corbu, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    10-02-17 07:42 AM
    Looking for a bit of background info...

From a Supplement to Automotive News, June 26, 2017 - Top Suppliers

Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co. is #14 (Delphi #12 , and Visteon #65 , btw).

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-pages-automotive-news-top-suppliers-6-26-2017.jpg

And from the 2016 edition of the same publication:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-pages-ca105764617.jpg
    W Hoa, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    10-02-17 07:58 AM
    Might be Greely?
    Corbu likes this.
    10-02-17 09:17 AM
    Who owns Volvo. They are due to update their Sensus system.
    10-02-17 09:18 AM
113,256 ... 41504151415241534154 ...