View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi BM,

Remember it does not stop there. QNX also power and runs warehouse control software. Some of the big names use it like Amazon, etc . QNX all the way from manufacturing, delivery and most likely on consumer premises in the future.

"Fortna, a supply chain design and implementation firm, selects QNX for FortnaWCS™, a warehouse control solution used by Amazon, ASICS, O’Reilly Automotive, Avnet Electronics, and Brown Shoe.

Modular architecture of QNX Neutrino RTOS allows Fortna to create reliable, high-performance applications that scale quickly to customer demands.

QNX technology delivers proven reliability and high uptimes in manufacturing and industrial automation environments. "

https://www.qnx.com/content/qnx/en/n...2008/3484.html
    a couple of months ago I attended a private presentation of Kongsberg Maritimes autonomous ship program. what you are describing that BBRY in a sense is already powering is more or less their long game as far as I could tell. ( i.e. autonomous ship loaded / unloaded by autonomous systems that operates autonomous warehouses ) I wish I knew this then. thanks for sharing

more info on the autonomous ship here.
    09-29-17 01:42 PM
    ... Sorry for the spamming fellas, a lot of pent-up energy for not being able to hang around here like 'Naamy' from Cheers.

I must say that I am really relieved that Chen piped up and blatantly stated that as good as BlackBerry is with protecting against security vulnerabilities, that nobody is 100%. Being in a similar field, I whole-heartedly agree. I always had the concern of a BlackBerry hack, where all the shill morons crawl out of the dung pile to slam BlackBerry for being touchable and then the stock price...
    Lol. Well the stock price would no doubt fall, but at least nobody would say that Chen didn't mention this.
    The "We have better locks." + JC biggest smile following that statement made me chuckle.
    morganplus8, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    09-29-17 01:45 PM
    Hi BM,

Remember it does not stop there. QNX also power and runs warehouse control software. Some of the big names use it like Amazon, etc . QNX all the way from manufacturing, delivery and most likely on consumer premises in the future.

"Fortna, a supply chain design and implementation firm, selects QNX for FortnaWCS™, a warehouse control solution used by Amazon, ASICS, O’Reilly Automotive, Avnet Electronics, and Brown Shoe.

Modular architecture of QNX Neutrino RTOS allows Fortna to create reliable, high-performance applications that scale quickly to customer demands.

QNX technology delivers proven reliability and high uptimes in manufacturing and industrial automation environments. "

https://www.qnx.com/content/qnx/en/n...2008/3484.html
    ... someone is spending way to much time on the QNX website.

We thank you for being a true gentleman and patriot!
    09-29-17 01:48 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Sure ... I am there often as a Waterloo CS grad and well .. more .. fire away... what's on your mind?
    09-29-17 01:50 PM
    Sure ... I am there often as a Waterloo CS grad and well .. more .. fire away... what's on your mind?
    Umm....Ummm......Uh.
    Nothing in particular from me, although I would like to hear about any future ties that Thor or this gentleman have with regards to any BlackBerry related business; being in Waterloo and all. These high fallooters' seem to know a lot about each other's dealings....
    La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    09-29-17 01:57 PM
    ... someone is spending way to much time on the QNX website.

We thank you for being a true gentleman and patriot!
    Thanks BM, Morgan and everyone. I know another compatriot , Ken is watching over us and having a good chuckle.

But there's more. Remember the previous announcement regarding Vuzix, the smartglasses for enterprise. The pieces of the puzzle is starting to come together.

"Deployed with BlackBerry Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) software, Vuzix Smart Glasses will enable the millions of employees estimated to use head worn wearable devices on the job to communicate clearly and access critical data, without interruption from the task at hand. "

https://utbblogs.com/blackberry-part...smart-glasses/
    09-29-17 02:24 PM
    Glad I kept calm with my last buys at 6.53 and 6.01 USD

I love U guys
    W Hoa, rarsen, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    09-29-17 02:33 PM
    in the interview on BNN it sounded like JC almost was a bit worried about (or resource constrained) being able to capatiltze on the opportunities that BBRY has in front of it. I guess he already "relieved" some pressure by spinning of consumer BBM and converting the handset business into IP licensing. that said, I'd be curious to know if he has any similar "spin of" plans or if he is considering selling part of the business.
    It seemed to me that he's looking to partner up in cybersecurity.. did he not imply that they can't keep up with demand? He phrased it in a way that wasn't 100% clear to me. definitely not selling though, imho :-)

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    09-29-17 02:34 PM
    OK boys and girls... It's that time once again!

If you have any, please round up your questions for Management by midnight Monday.

Per usual, I can't guarantee that they will be asked/answered but we'll sure do our best. And we'll be back with what we were able to glean.

Cheers,
    it would be great to know if the licensing agreement with Timex Group is for Android, QNX or something else.
    Corbu likes this.
    09-29-17 02:46 PM
    OT: Roku

anyone own any shares in this stock?
    09-29-17 02:59 PM
    OK boys and girls... It's that time once again!

If you have any, please round up your questions for Management by midnight Monday.

Per usual, I can't guarantee that they will be asked/answered but we'll sure do our best. And we'll be back with what we were able to glean.

Cheers,

Corbu: I have tried following this thread as much as possible so please excuse my dumb question, do you have access to BlackBerry executives for a Q&A session? Are you a BlackBerry employee or in the investment industry or in media?

I am trying to think of a few good questions to ask and I will post. I want to be respectful but I am also intrigued at the same time!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-17 03:55 PM
    WOW! Did my 75 cent prediction get blown out of the water. Lol

Interesting end of day profit taking! Monday should be an interesting day for BlackBerry stock holders. GL

@ Corbu

I would like to know why BlackBerry doesn't buy Sleeman? BlackBerry would make a killing on me. Lol
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-29-17 04:59 PM
    What's wrong with this CB site and server? Time for QNX. Lol
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-29-17 06:24 PM
    Wonder if ol Jimmy-boy is too embarrassed to show up at the cc lately.
    09-29-17 08:01 PM
    Got to love MS's contribution, on yesterday's call...

Wonder if ol Jimmy-boy is too embarrassed to show up at the cc lately.
    09-29-17 08:02 PM
    09-30-17 08:17 AM
    09-30-17 10:33 AM
    I'm happy to see that we still have wise people in this world!

Added advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), infotainment, and electrification are “driving content up exponentially,” says Aptiv chief technology officer Glen DeVos, and automated driving Levels III, IV, and V will require massive amounts of added capacity, with much greater data security.
    09-30-17 11:11 AM
    Corbu: I have tried following this thread as much as possible so please excuse my dumb question, do you have access to BlackBerry executives for a Q&A session? Are you a BlackBerry employee or in the investment industry or in media?

I am trying to think of a few good questions to ask and I will post. I want to be respectful but I am also intrigued at the same time!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry Corbu! I will take a run at this one.

The questions you ask are available to any invester . You yourself can contact IR and ask your questions, as long as your questions arent private and confidential to BlackBerry.

I myself have contacted IR in regards to BlackBerry buying Sleeman brewing company. I guess they had a good laugh and disregarded my question.

Cheers mates!
    09-30-17 11:26 AM
    Sorry Corbu! I will take a run at this one.

The questions you ask are available to any invester . You yourself can contact IR and ask your questions, as long as your questions arent private and confidential to BlackBerry.

I myself have contacted IR in regards to BlackBerry buying Sleeman brewing company. I guess they had a good laugh and disregarded my question.

Cheers mates!
    Maybe you should have asked instead, Is Sleeman using QNX in their bottling system? ...

"Drink a beer - QNX powers automated bottle inspection systems that use high-speed mechanical handling technology and patented illumination systems to single out defective closures for everything from motor oil and beer to peanut butter. "

From an oldie but goodie webpage.
    https://www.qnx.com/content/qnx/en/n...2005/1329.html
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-30-17 11:52 AM
    Maybe you should have asked instead, Is Sleeman using QNX in their bottling system? ...

"Drink a beer - QNX powers automated bottle inspection systems that use high-speed mechanical handling technology and patented illumination systems to single out defective closures for everything from motor oil and beer to peanut butter. "

From an oldie but goodie webpage.
    https://www.qnx.com/content/qnx/en/n...2005/1329.html
    LMHO!!!!!

What a perfect time to reply to my post! Yet BlackBerry related. I look like im on cheap drugs, laughing at my phone. Lol

Change of topic

Ken, Corbu and any Habs fan, who will have bragging rights this year. Stanley Cup for the LEAFS? Lol
    La Emperor and Corbu like this.
    09-30-17 12:10 PM
    @Corbu, please ask how much customer churn has impacted BlackBerry's UEM business. Even though on the ER call, it was explained that their UEM billing increased despite revenue being flat, and they had 3300 orders in the quarter over 3000 orders from the previous quarter, it would be more interesting to know the net-add number after taking into account of customer churn. Given there is no new BB10 devices, more businesses are forced to switch out from their years-old BB10 phones to something else. I would imagine some of them might have decided to switch to a different EMM platform now that they don't have any BB10 devices to manage. It would be helpful to know if the net-add (new customers - churn) is on an up, flat or down trend on a quarter over quarter basis.
    morganplus8, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    09-30-17 01:11 PM
    Ken, Corbu and any Habs fan, who will have bragging rights this year. Stanley Cup for the LEAFS? Lol

You are right. Leafs look awfully good. And once every 50 years sounds about right, doesn't it?

@Ken:
    rarsen likes this.
    09-30-17 02:38 PM

You are right. Leafs look awfully good. And once every 50 years sounds about right, doesn't it?

@Ken:
    LMHO!!!

When you age something, it tastes better, don't you agree. Lol
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-30-17 at 07:12 PM.
    Corbu likes this.
    09-30-17 03:53 PM
    OT: Tokyo Electron Device Ltd

Is it me or did the market react favorably to Friday's announcement?

Tokyo Electron Device Ltd: TYO:2760 quotes & news – Google Finance

BlackBerry and Tokyo Electron Device Partner to Provide Japanese Companies Access to the Most Advanced and Secure Embedded Platform on the Market

Not quite sure about the timing, though as September 28, 2017 22:00 ET (Canada) would have been equivalent to 11:00 Tokyo time...

Impressive list of products: Product Lineup | Tokyo Electron Device LTD.
    09-30-17 04:18 PM
113,256 ... 41494150415141524153 ...