View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-john-chen-blackberry-08900409-frank-gunn-cp-compressor.jpg
    Andy_bb_king and kellyweng88 like this.
    09-28-17 11:46 AM
    10.8 mini-squeeze?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 11:46 AM
    Hopefully they will start eating some of MOBL's cake soon...

Posted via CB10
    Hi _dimi_ !

Thought I would jump in here.

I do think they are hurting MOBL, I also think Chen wants to hurt them rather than buy them. He makes a comment to this affect during the Q&A session.

Question: Why spent time talking about a back-end performance for the company last quarter and then deliver the opposite this Q? BB literally gave us what we wanted a Q early and now they guided down for the balance of the year with a 10 - 15% annualized growth in a sector with 13 - 15% across the board expectations? That was a bit strange but not a big deal as I like seeing us getting back on track with revenues again.

We lost $ 100 MM in cash. Our P/E ratio is terrible now that we are profitable. What else, no acquisitions talked about any more ............ I'm sure the bears will find a way to bash BB again and target $ 8.00/shr.

The positives are in the trade today, there isn't any stock available to buy. Have a look at the menu of price levels for stock above our current price and there is nothing to buy. At what price will investors decide to sell at? The buy back, what buy back? I could tell they weren't in the market buying but you do have to wonder why they didn't retire more shares then they issued for this past quarter.

The numbers are great across the board. We are a $ 1 B company in revenues now, profitable, growing, IP cases before the court, perhaps no need to acquire anything, the CEO is on his game again and showing tons of confidence, he is talking trash against competitors and rightfully so, the list goes on. The stock has two things going for it right now, institutions not only don't want to sell, they likely want more so the outstanding float is getting very small which means at some point, they can pin the price of the stock at any absurd amount they wish. Say they wish to tie it to $ 15.00/shr, they can do this now. As for BlackBerry the company, I would be very concerned about it being a target again, they are the best at everything and the numbers are starting to tell that story now. Chen is pumped, on his game and laughing at all negative challengers now. Beautiful day.
    09-28-17 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the input, Morgan (and everyone else) ! One thing is certain, software revenue in non-GAAP terms will be > 200 million for the remainder of this fiscal year.

Edit:
    I haven't yet listened to the conference call, so not sure if mentioned or asked... but do we know if they will receive a royalty per iPhone X sold? I'm more and more convinced that they will.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 09-28-17 at 12:58 PM.
    morganplus8, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    09-28-17 12:27 PM
    JC on BNN:
    The three areas where John Chen sees BlackBerry investing its cash - Video - BNN

The three areas where John Chen sees BlackBerry investing its cash

BNN's Amber Kanwar speaks with John Chen, CEO of Blackberry, about the company's latest blockbuster quarter and the outlook for the company's various divisions.
    09-28-17 12:32 PM
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bl...111922155.html
    BlackBerry shares soar as software sales hit record
    Reuters - Alastar Sharp
    09-28-17 02:47 PM
    09-28-17 03:02 PM
    Ya this one is the strangest. I think it's auto-generated somehow.

They actually mention both EPS this quarter and it being above expectations in one of the paragraphs. Thus contradicting the heading.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 03:09 PM
    Ya this one is the strangest. I think it's auto-generated somehow.

They actually mention both EPS this quarter and it being above expectations in one of the paragraphs. Thus contradicting the heading.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I was wondering about that. Auto-bashing story generator. Kicks in if the stock price jump is over 10%...

Or they conveniently did apples to oranges comparison, picking the low number:

Fully diluted GAAP loss of $0.07 EPS

to compare to Street expectations of $0.00 rather than the higher number that reflects performance this period:

non-GAAP earnings of $0.05 EPS.

Typical...
    dusdal likes this.
    09-28-17 03:22 PM
    https://www.thestreet.com/story/1432...-on-track.html
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen Continues to Push Most of the Right Buttons

09-28-17 03:57 PM
    Thank you AP and Automated Insights...

The Solution

AP found answers in automation with the Wordsmith platform from Automated Insights. Wordsmith uses natural language generation to turn data into a written, plain-language narrative. In this case, Wordsmith transforms earnings data from Zacks Investment Research into a publishable AP story in a fraction of a second. In fact, the Wordsmith team specifically configured the natural language generation engine to write in AP style.

As a result, AP now produces 3,700 quarterly earnings stories – a 12-fold increase over its manual efforts. The stories retain the same quality and accuracy that readers expect from any of AP’s human-written articles. Aside from an explanatory note at the bottom of the story, there is no evidence they were written by an algorithm.

After AP announced its “leap forward in quarterly earnings stories”, media outlets like The New York Times, Slate, and Mashable started writing about its innovative approach.

New York Magazine’s Roose called automated reporting “the best thing to happen to journalists in a long time.”

“So bring on the goddamn robots,” said TechCrunch’s Wilhelm.
    09-28-17 03:59 PM
    Well done Blackberry and John Chen!!

If today's action is not computerized we shall have a 75 cent (bb) gain tomorrow .

Note: depends on market conditions.

Concratulations to the faithful and many thanks to those who supply the info!

Cheers mates!
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-28-17 05:15 PM
    I read the article and my question stands! whats your point?
    09-28-17 05:27 PM
    Corbu! you are the best assistant program created. LOL
    Corbu, morganplus8, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    09-28-17 05:31 PM
    https://www.thestreet.com/story/1432...-on-track.html
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen Continues to Push Most of the Right Buttons
    That....was a very well written article. Thanks
    Corbu, morganplus8, dusdal and 1 others like this.
    09-28-17 05:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	john-chen-blackberry-08900409-frank-gunn-cp-compressor.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	430194
    Gotta love the man!
    Corbu likes this.
    09-28-17 06:09 PM
    Today was a good day
    Corbu likes this.
    09-28-17 06:10 PM
    John Chen with Amber:
    John Chen: You can't completely stop hacking - Video - BNN

John Chen: You can't completely stop hacking

John Chen, CEO of Blackberry, discusses the company's transformation from smartphones to software as well as rising concerns about cybersecurity.
    The Disruptors
    09-28-17 06:28 PM
    John Chen with Amber:
    John Chen: You can't completely stop hacking - Video - BNN

John Chen: You can't completely stop hacking

John Chen, CEO of Blackberry, discusses the company's transformation from smartphones to software as well as rising concerns about cybersecurity.
    The Disruptors
    I like what I hear from the 55 second mark until the 1:28.

Edit: we have the best locks and yes we have something that would have helped equifax.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-28-17 at 07:29 PM.
    09-28-17 07:01 PM
    OT: Data breach of the day...
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/whole-f...ach-1506636659
    Whole Foods Discloses Data Breach

morganplus8, dusdal, W Hoa and 3 others like this.
    09-28-17 07:12 PM
    Meanwhile, on the Eastern Front...
    dusdal and rarsen like this.
    09-28-17 07:16 PM
    BlackBerry's (BBRY) CEO John Chen on Q2 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/411...pt?part=single
    09-28-17 07:50 PM
    We are not yet for the day... Another announcement at 10:00 PM
    BlackBerry and Tokyo Electron Device Partner to Provide Japanese Companies Access to the Most Advanced and Secure Embedded Platform on the Market

WATERLOO, ONTARIO and TOKYO, JAPAN--(Marketwired - Sept. 28, 2017) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) and Tokyo Electron Device Limited (TED) announced today they have signed a new sales and distribution agreement, which will provide device manufacturers in Japan with access to BlackBerry's QNX Software Development Platform (SDP) 7.0 - the most advanced and secure embedded platform on the market.

"By partnering with BlackBerry QNX, we will be able to offer a platform with capabilities that exceed the stringent reliability, performance and data security requirements that Japan's world-class manufacturing sector must meet," said Yasuo Hatsumi, Vice President, TED. "We believe BlackBerry's embedded technologies will enable companies to design and develop secure, mission-critical solutions - ultimately accelerating product time to market."

BlackBerry's QNX SDP 7.0 is a 64-bit OS that builds on the proven reliability of QNX technology and raises the bar for security and performance in medical devices, surgical robots, industrial controllers, high-speed trains, and other safety and mission critical applications. This 64-bit OS platform supports ARMv8 and Intel x86-64 architectures and features a policy-driven security model which incorporates BlackBerry's best-in-class security technology. The BlackBerry QNX OS offers a safety pedigree proven by certification to IEC 61508 SIL 3 for industrial automation systems and is in compliance with IEC 62304 for life-critical Class III medical devices.

"By using our technology, companies in Japan and around the world can develop embedded systems and connected devices that are not just secure, but BlackBerry Secure," said Kaivan Karimi, SVP and Head of Sales for BlackBerry Technology Solutions. "We are excited to further expand our global partner footprint with our new partner, TED Japan, and look forward to helping them accelerate the delivery of solutions for the embedded software market."

To learn more about BlackBerry QNX, please visit www.qnx.com.

About BlackBerry

BlackBerry is a mobile-native security software and services company dedicated to securing the enterprise of things. Based in Waterloo, Ontario, the company was founded in 1984 and operates in North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.

About Tokyo Electron Device Limited

Tokyo Electron Device Limited provides semiconductor products and business solution as trading business and supports customers' system design and self-brand product for development business as technology trading company.

http://www.teldevice.co.jp/eng/
    09-28-17 09:07 PM
    dang, still making press releases at 10pm! haha, to be fair its 11am over in Japan
    Corbu, morganplus8, W Hoa and 3 others like this.
    09-28-17 09:28 PM
    I read the article and my question stands! whats your point?
    Huh? He wrote his point in the first comment, i.e. that Optimus (aka BB's Indian partner) isn't mention in the article. You even responded to that in your first response, but then followed up asking for an additional point that (as far as I can tell) was never there.
    09-29-17 03:16 AM
113,250 ... 41474148414941504151 ...