View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-.jpg

According to Delphi's weird image here, QNX will occupy the middle section of the system to help everything run smoothly and safely.
    rarsen likes this.
    09-20-17 11:20 AM
    From yesterday:
    rarsen and alludba like this.
    09-20-17 11:24 AM
    Same post, for those that can't see the Twitter stuff:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dkijbxxxuaavoba.jpg

BlackBerry‏Verified account @BlackBerry
    "Is your car #BlackBerrySecure ?" ask our #Detroit billboards. Learn why the answer is so important: http://blck.by/2fyronc @QNX_Auto
    8:30 PM - Sep 19, 2017
    09-20-17 11:26 AM
    Remember the Bosch and ZF Pro AI integration of Nvidia's Drive Px2 chips running on QNX. Mentioned around the 16:00 mark.

http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc...g-vehicles.mp4
    09-20-17 11:29 AM
    09-20-17 11:47 AM
    09-20-17 11:49 AM
    09-20-17 11:52 AM
    There is no resistance up to $ 10.00/shr and this is huge news. BB isn't in the pond with the small fish, this sends a message to all that they are more like a MobilEye investment in this sector.

Now if only we could hear from a favourable IP settlement or two .........................

Wonderful day it is indeed!
    09-20-17 11:57 AM
    Just for the record, TD Bank closed the trade yesterday by crossing and outright purchasing BB stock at the bell to the tune of 225,000 shares on the close. Today, in just the past hour, they have picked up another 150,000 in purchases and crossed stock transactions. They are finally crossing blocks and buying stock.

The thing to keep an eye on isn't the price of the stock but the bids and asks. We aren't seeing stock offered in decent amounts. Buyers are lining up for stock and waiting to get filled. The selling isn't there and buyers aren't chasing it right now either. The bids are always at least twice the size of anything for sale. Fun day and an interesting close is likely to hit us as that news gets out there.
    09-20-17 12:48 PM
    Thanks Morgan!
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-20-17 12:49 PM
    In an update to the news:

De Vos said Delphi expects to begin testing its automated driving systems in pilot projects with ride-service fleets by 2019, with plans to "take the driver out by 2020." The initial fleets of vehicles will be small and limited to defined routes in cities, he said, including a partnership in Europe with Transdev Group, a Paris-based public transport service.

BlackBerry said its operating system would help guard against cyber attacks, malware and system malfunctions - critical concerns for self-driving vehicles.

Delphi's partners on the CSLP platform include Intel Corp's Mobileye and Silicon Valley startup Renovo.
    09-20-17 01:14 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Decided to get back in lol, small position 5k shares 9.75
    ... I still think this er will be poor, but could be the bottom on revs..and finally the steady upside after that... long term on software and services... great posts gang and esp Corbu and Morgan, as always!!... Let's see.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    09-20-17 01:16 PM
    Thanks mate. GL!
    09-20-17 01:18 PM
    Just for the record, TD Bank closed the trade yesterday by crossing and outright purchasing BB stock at the bell to the tune of 225,000 shares on the close. Today, in just the past hour, they have picked up another 150,000 in purchases and crossed stock transactions. They are finally crossing blocks and buying stock.

The thing to keep an eye on isn't the price of the stock but the bids and asks. We aren't seeing stock offered in decent amounts. Buyers are lining up for stock and waiting to get filled. The selling isn't there and buyers aren't chasing it right now either. The bids are always at least twice the size of anything for sale. Fun day and an interesting close is likely to hit us as that news gets out there.
    Hi Morgan, when you have a minute can you please explain or dumb things down a bit on what you mean by "crossing blocks". I am sure there are some have the same question and love to understand the work behind it.
    09-20-17 01:23 PM
    I'm trying to 'like' posts and am getting this. Anyone else?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-error.jpg
    09-20-17 02:01 PM
    With this great news today, BlackBerry is shaping up to be a good choice for a long-term valuation play.

I understand the frustrations most of us in this thread have faced with the quarterly results, but if we can continue to get deals like these, I am caring less about the near-term quarterly results and focusing on the future potential of BBRY.

With today's deal, BlackBerry would be indirectly a partner of Intel for the autonomous driving tech, which cannot be understated in my opinion.

Cheers
    andyk350, rarsen and alludba like this.
    09-20-17 02:03 PM
    I'm trying to 'like' posts and am getting this. Anyone else?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	429986
    Same here.
    09-20-17 02:11 PM
    Same here.
    Same here for the last few days and sent message to CB site support. But it works on my black Passport.
    09-20-17 02:19 PM
    my CB app on keyone is working for likes.

But how do I 'Like' the share price action today!
    09-20-17 02:21 PM
    Great news on the Delphi partnership. I like that they have a good path to market and that there is an actual timeframe. That's awesome.

I suspect this past quarter's numbers will be bad. But after that bad news I might increase my position.

From a technology perspective, I still think these driving systems are an ideal application for QNX. Tailor made almost. I like investing in real problems where the tech is actually the right answer to the problem.
    La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    09-20-17 02:28 PM
    Hi Morgan, when you have a minute can you please explain or dumb things down a bit on what you mean by "crossing blocks". I am sure there are some have the same question and love to understand the work behind it.
    A cross trade on the transfer of a block of stock occurs when the same broker is given a sell and a buy order that generally match in turns of price and volume. The broker will transfer stock from the seller to the buyer without taking both orders to the floor. There is an ethical issue with trading in a secondary market like the one that a broker creates within his own house though. It can be a question of whether either client got the best price for their trade.

Then, there are houses that can accumulate stock and transfer it within their own accounts and/or client based accounts for technical reasons. TD Bank could buy up stock for their own account, but later on, cross that trade with a private client like BlackBerry. Because the first description of cross trading strongly suggests there exists an ethical issue of fairness, you have to conclude that the latter is actually taking place. TD Bank is one of the top brokerages to make use of cross trades. The assumption is that some of that action goes to BlackBerry based upon their agreement.

Nice action today, we went a bit weak towards the last 15 minutes but I think that's fine. Got to love it when we beg for positive news and Chen delivers!
    09-20-17 03:23 PM
    Official PR:
    Delphi Teams with BlackBerry QNX for Autonomous Driving Operating System Platform

September 20, 2017 15:00 ET

Delphi Teams with BlackBerry QNX for Autonomous Driving Operating System Platform

GILLINGHAM, ENGLAND and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 20, 2017) - Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH), a global leader in autonomous driving technology, announced today it has signed a commercial partnership agreement with BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) to provide the operating system for its autonomous driving system.

Delphi and BlackBerry QNX will collaborate to bolster software performance and safety in their operating system to advance autonomous driving technology.

Delphi's fully integrated automated driving solution, Centralized Sensing Localization and Planning (CSLP), to launch in 2019, provides car manufacturers and Automated Mobility on Demand (AMoD) a best in class turnkey automated driving solution. The BlackBerry QNX OS for Safety will facilitate Delphi's proprietary Ottomatika software algorithms and middleware, to enhance performance and safety.

"BlackBerry QNX will provide a robust software infrastructure for CSLP and help advance Delphi's autonomous driving system," said Glen De Vos, Delphi senior vice president and chief technology officer. "Safety in high performance computing systems is paramount to a production ready autonomous driving solution."

"There is no safety without security," said John Wall, SVP and GM of BlackBerry QNX. "With cyberattacks and threats to connected vehicles on the rise, it is imperative that auto manufacturers are provided with software that is safety certified, reliable and secure. This is an area in which BlackBerry QNX excels, and we look forward to the new opportunities this expansion with Delphi will bring."

QNX SDP 7.0 provides high performance and enhanced kernel-level security through an array of features, including microkernel architecture, file encryption, adaptive time partitioning, a high availability framework, anomaly detection, and multi-level policy-based access control. BlackBerry QNX's reliable OS helps guard against system malfunctions, malware, and cyber attacks by implementing a multi-level, policy-driven security model that incorporates best-in-class security technology from BlackBerry. The OS also offers a safety pedigree proven by certification to ISO 26262 ASIL D (the highest level achievable) for automobiles and to IEC 61508 SIL 3 for industrial automation systems, and by compliance with IEC 62304 for life-critical Class III medical devices.

About Delphi

Delphi Automotive PLC is a high-technology company that integrates safer, greener and more connected solutions for the automotive and transportation sectors. Headquartered in Gillingham, U.K., Delphi operates technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 46 countries. Visit delphi.com.

About BlackBerry

BlackBerry is a mobile-native security software and services company dedicated to securing people, devices, processes and systems for today's enterprise. Based in Waterloo, Ontario, the company was founded in 1984 and operates in North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.

09-20-17 03:26 PM
    OT: AMD + car-related news
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/te...195000554.html
    Tesla and AMD are working on an A.I. chip for self-driving cars, source says

Any relationship between BBRY and AMD? Can't remember... Getting old!!!
    rarsen likes this.
    09-20-17 03:36 PM
    Got to love it when we beg for positive news and Chen delivers!
    I always knew he read your posts, Morgan! ;-)
    rarsen likes this.
    09-20-17 03:38 PM
    Morgan, I just "liked " you 7 times and took you into -5. LMHO
    Just for the record you had +2 likes on this post. lol

Disregard it goes back to normal after a reload. lol
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-20-17 at 06:13 PM.
    09-20-17 05:08 PM
113,256 ... 41404141414241434144 ...