View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I second Corbu's post, but Morgan I need to dig into your brain and find out about SPHS. So mate ! How about a minute of your time?

Cheers!

Morgan disregard the brain ****. What I mean is your knowledge. I gotta stop drinking water. Lol

S h i t is ****
    Corbu likes this.
    09-14-17 07:24 PM
    Licensing is on a roll !!!

BlackBerry ‘Krypton’ clears FCC hurdle, launch seems imminent

The Blackberry device codenamed as Krypton has been detected on the FCC. The handset has been in the news earlier too as it passed through the Wi-Fi Alliance certification. Moreover, the alleged upcoming handset has picked up Bluetooth SIG certifications as well. With all these green signals, it surely seems that the phone is very close to being official.

... read more

https://www.goandroid.co.in/blackber...mminent/70305/
    La Emperor, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-14-17 09:32 PM
    I second Corbu's post, but Morgan I need to dig into your brain and find out about SPHS. So mate ! How about a minute of your time?

Cheers!

Morgan disregard the brain ****. What I mean is your knowledge. I gotta stop drinking water. Lol

S h i t is ****

RE: SPHS:

There isn't that much to say, they tell us very little with a company this size. The CEO is a strange guy, he makes decisions that are truly outside the box. Heading into October, we should begin to hear which of the patients in their dosing study will receive another adjustment to their initial dosing. I think we can infer from any changes made that they are close to the correct dosage and that will give us our first clue as to next steps. I really like that everything is still in-house. I would rather see them sell shares to finance next steps rather than partner at this stage. I'm in this one because they successfully abated cancer in 2 patients which is crazy good news. This is a one trick pony though and carries some risk of course so you have to invest accordingly. You can also see how long it has taken to get a five star investment like HALO off the ground. This company is a mere fraction of that one in terms of where it is at today. At some point, they will need financial help to get the drug to market. The CEO is trying to delay a partnership until the data points to an NDA submission and that is just one more reason why I like this story so much. The only issue that I think about is how the CEO tried to float company shares for staff and shareholders stopped him in his tracks, that's got to hurt. So I'm interested in how management will get their position in the stock before all of the puzzle comes together. I see this one much like the development of ACAD in many ways.

As for BlackBerry, no news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, the stock is really beginning to shape up here, trying every other day to climb above its 50-EMA and 50-DMA which spells rally if we ever do get some good news. Right now, it has little trouble clearing its 50-EMA but the 50-DMA stops it right in its tracks. As for TD Bank - they are running a negative on stock purchases, having sold more than they purchase each day. I'm not sure why they won't begin that share purchase program when the stock is "suppose to be so cheap". I speculated it is down due to a pending buy-out, and that's my crazy thought on BBRY today. Something must be in the works, either they are about to announce an acquisition or, they are being acquired ............................... help!

The numbers that matter are $ 9.30 and $ 9.34/shr.
    Corbu, JLagoon, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    09-15-17 09:51 AM
    Hi guys - I heard that the Nokia case could go to arbitration. Can anyone find any news on that? The files that I found can only be opened through 'PACER' so no luck for me.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-15-17 10:35 AM
    Hi guys - I heard that the Nokia case could go to arbitration. Can anyone find any news on that? The files that I found can only be opened through 'PACER' so no luck for me.

Posted via CB10
    Hey _dimi_,

Just saw your message, I don't have access to that but I would ask if there is today's date on the article? Thanks

PS. I always feel like these arbitration(s) usually go in the favour of the pliantiff, in this case, BlackBerry. And so in this case (i.e. QCOM case as an example), Nokia would be looking for a reasonable outcome through the courts versus specified damages set out by BlackBerry. I'm certainly no lawyer but I do think QCOM went this route too.
    09-15-17 12:51 PM
    OT Alert (for sure)

I just read the terms of the HALO deal and man is that one huge!

Bristol-Myers (BMY) Collaborates With Halozyme for ENHANZE

Zacks
    Zacks Equity Research
    ZacksSeptember 15, 2017Comment
    Bristol-Myers Squibb Company BMY recently entered into a collaboration and license agreement with Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. HALO.

Per the agreement, Bristol-Myers will use Halozyme’s ENHANZE drug delivery technology. This will facilitate subcutaneous administration of Bristol-Myers’ immuno-oncology drugs.

ENHANZE technology is based on a proprietary recombinant human hyaluronidase enzyme (rHuPH20) that temporarily degrades hyaluronan (chain of natural sugars in the body) to enable dispersion and absorption of other injected therapeutic drugs.

Per the terms of the agreement, Bristol-Myers will pay an initial $105 million to use ENHANZE technology. The company has also designated multiple immuno-oncology targets including programmed death 1 (PD-1) and has an option to select additional targets within five years from the effective date. The collaboration may extend to a maximum of 11 targets. Halozyme is entitled to milestone payments of up to $160 million for each nominated collaboration targets and additional milestone payments for combination products. Moreover, Bristol-Myers is also required to pay Halozyme royalties on drugs using the ENHANZE technology developed under the collaboration.
    Corbu, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    09-15-17 01:12 PM
    Okay, I admit, I'm not nearly as good as you guys at finding positive data on BlackBerry but I finally have something.

Look who is doing very large sums of net purchases for the very first time this year!????!

09:30:00 T BB 11.30 471,100 5,323,430 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec KL
    09:30:00 T BB 11.30 238,500 2,695,050 7 TD Sec 80 National Bank KL
    09:30:00 T BB 11.30 214,000 2,418,200 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec KL
    09:30:00 T BB 11.30 95,600 1,080,280 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec KL
    09:30:00 T BB 11.30 92,400 1,044,120 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec KL
    09:30:00 T BB 11.30 64,900 733,370 7 TD Sec 101 SG Capital KL
    09:30:00 T BB 11.30 52,600 594,380 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec KL
    09:30:00 T BB 11.30 49,800 562,740 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec KL
    10:24:54 T BB 11.33 0.03 9,400 106,502 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec K

And they aren't alone, huge blocks through CIBC and others in Canada. So far, 2.9 MM shares traded. Let's get above $ 9.34/shr and hold it now.

Update:
    In theory at least, they have hit their full allotment for one trading day. This would suggest that the stock could ease off for the balance of the day.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 09-15-17 at 01:35 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    09-15-17 01:21 PM
    09-15-17 01:34 PM
    Getting close to beer time, some general weekend reading. Anyone volunteer to report back to the group:

Get iPhone X Face ID On Your Android Phone, Using This App
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/iphon...064801606.html
    "While it is definitely a new feature, most other devices, even in Apple’s own line up do not have any such functionality, you might be able to get a similar kind of authentication on your iOS or Android device for free, instead of shelling out $999 — using an app called ZoOmlogin. The company also claims that False Acceptance Rates i.e. the rate of error of the mechanism is close to 1/1,000,000, which is close to what the iPhone X promises. There is a little caveat though — FaceTec is yet to get the patent for the TruLiveness technology. Still, the app is currently available and you can download it by clicking on this link: https://zoomlogin.com/ "
    09-15-17 02:41 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Okay, I admit, I'm not nearly as good as you guys at finding positive data on BlackBerry but I finally have something.

Look who is doing very large sums of net purchases for the very first time this year!????!

09:30:00TBB11.30 471,1005,323,4307 TD Sec7 TD SecKL
    09:30:00TBB11.30 238,5002,695,0507 TD Sec80 National BankKL
    09:30:00TBB11.30 214,0002,418,2007 TD Sec7 TD SecKL
    09:30:00TBB11.30 95,6001,080,2807 TD Sec7 TD SecKL
    09:30:00TBB11.30 92,4001,044,1207 TD Sec7 TD SecKL
    09:30:00TBB11.30 64,900733,3707 TD Sec101 SG CapitalKL
    09:30:00TBB11.30 52,600594,3807 TD Sec7 TD SecKL
    09:30:00TBB11.30 49,800562,7407 TD Sec7 TD SecKL
    10:24:54TBB11.330.039,400106,5027 TD Sec7 TD SecK

And they aren't alone, huge blocks through CIBC and others in Canada. So far, 2.9 MM shares traded. Let's get above $ 9.34/shr and hold it now.

Update:
    In theory at least, they have hit their full allotment for one trading day. This would suggest that the stock could ease off for the balance of the day.
    And yet with all this.. they could not move the needle... who is selling??? Shorts??

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 03:02 PM
    And yet with all this.. they could not move the needle... who is selling??? Shorts??

Posted via CB10
    I should have given a bit more colour on those trades. They were at the open, (9:30 AM sharp, and at $ 11.30/shr.. All transfers from one TD Bank acct. to another. The other trading accounts bought shares in BB.TO over the last few days and transferred them to the TD-7 account. This is common practice in order to "not" influence the market. They performed similar transactions with two other brokerages at the same time, SG Capital and NB. All 1.3 million in trades were agreed upon trades that would not effect the general market in any way. To verify this, we'll see more of these transactions on Monday, I'm guessing, but I'll also be watching for them now. To summarize, I don't think they purchased any meaningful number of shares today, rather the buying occurred days ago and they transferred the sum of purchased stock at the open today. Monday should be more interesting as they are now starting to trade on decent volumes.

The 4:00 PM close also saw some decent buy volumes, (250,000 ?) for a private trader as well.
    rarsen, kellyweng88, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    09-15-17 03:31 PM
    OT.

Have a look at MOBL today, it dropped hard on abysmal technicals. Huge volume and closed at the low with the 50-dma crossing below the 200-dma which we all know is a "death cross". I like the idea of Chen having a look at this one below $ 3.00/shr as a minimum. At $ 2.50/shr they could take this one out. I do wonder why no one likes it after supporting the price at ridiculous/artificial/smelly levels for so long.

Okay, I'll stop harassing you guys and focus on the pictures that came into my mail of a 70 foot tree lying on top of my new Seadoo at the lake. You know what we are doing tomorrow!
    09-15-17 04:59 PM
    OT as general subject for weekend reading:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eeping-techies
    "Lazaridis, the co-founder of Quantum Valley Investments, which focuses on the commercialization of technological breakthroughs in quantum information science, has contributed at least C$100 million ($82 million) to the Institute of Quantum Computing at the University of Waterloo and is in partnership with the federal and provincial governments of Canada."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-buffett-s-son
    "Howard Buffett -- yes, the son of that Buffett -- is taking over as the top lawman in this Illinois county of a little more than 100,000 people until a new sheriff is elected. He’s got an even bigger role ahead of him. His father, who turned 87 last month, eventually wants him to become non-executive chairman of Berkshire.
    morganplus8, Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    09-15-17 05:35 PM
    let me guess what you are doing tomorrow! Waking up with a hang over and looking at your new Seadoo and trying to convince yourself to take it out for a ride. LOL

Thanks mate for your thoughts on SPHS! Enjoy that lake view , because this might be the best weekend of summer.

You had to remind me of ACAD!!!!!!! Lol
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-15-17 at 06:51 PM.
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    09-15-17 06:38 PM
    Enjoy some weekend music gang!!

09-15-17 07:26 PM
    Perhaps they have the financials in for last quarter and therefore, an idea on how much they want to spend on buybacks?

Or is this just a fluff move to avoid having to answer the obvious question?
    09-15-17 08:33 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Perhaps they have the financials in for last quarter and therefore, an idea on how much they want to spend on buybacks?

Or is this just a fluff move to avoid having to answer the obvious question?
    I believe the quarter will be poor with drop in revenues.. CEO Chen alluded to second half turnaround, so perhaps this will be bottom, and uphill for quarters after that?

Hard to tell as there was no news the past period on Radar, QNX, IP, partnerships, ...nothing...only the company approving stock options.... and no buyback as was announced... so, I am going with this quarter being the bottom... at which point Revenues will be on the upswing thereafter... any opinions?

Posted via CB10
    alludba likes this.
    09-16-17 08:54 AM
    I believe the quarter will be poor with drop in revenues.. CEO Chen alluded to second half turnaround, so perhaps this will be bottom, and uphill for quarters after that?

Hard to tell as there was no news the past period on Radar, QNX, IP, partnerships, ...nothing...only the company approving stock options.... and no buyback as was announced... so, I am going with this quarter being the bottom... at which point Revenues will be on the upswing thereafter... any opinions?

Posted via CB10
    Former CEO, have you bought back the shares or are you waiting for the ER to jump in again?
    09-16-17 08:58 AM
    09-16-17 09:39 AM
    Makes one question how serious Americans are about Security Accountability; with regular huge and small occurring hacks will there be anyone safe left??

Equifax hired a music major as chief security officer and she has just retired - MarketWatch
    “Equifax “Chief Security Officer” Susan Mauldin has a bachelor’s degree and a master of fine arts degree in music composition from the University of Georgia. Her LinkedIn professional profile lists no education related to technology or security. To play devil’s advocate, Mauldin does at least have 14 years’ private-sector experience since getting her degrees. Music, to stretch the point as far as possible, is an academic subject that can be highly mathematical. Everything about this fiasco just gets more and more surreal.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-susan-m._.png

Yet another trove of sensitive US voter records has leaked | ZDNet
    A cache of voter records on over a half-million Americans has been found online. The exposed data is just a portion of a larger voter file compiled by TargetSmart, which said its national voter file -- that contains 191 million voters -- is the "most comprehensive and up-to-date voter file ever assembled. Each XML-formatted record contained details, some sensitive and personally identifiable information, on prospective voters, including names, addresses, dates of birth, their ethnic identity, whether an individual is married, and the individual's voting preferences. "There seems to be no end in sight for improperly secured data making its way onto the web, and with little or no accountability for proper storage and security measures, it is up to regulators to decide the best way to manage an aging electoral system that seems to be struggling to keep up with the digital age,"
    Last edited by rarsen; 09-17-17 at 07:03 AM.
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    09-16-17 10:14 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Former CEO, have you bought back the shares or are you waiting for the ER to jump in again?
    Decided to wait until after this ER to consider getting back in, lol.... Sooner or later the SAF won't be relevant anymore and revs HAVE to go up, no?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-16-17 11:59 AM
    09-16-17 12:43 PM
    Sad that good people are leaving while complete failures like Mr. Beard and Mr. Wiese are still on board

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-17-17 11:22 PM
    09-18-17 08:48 AM
113,250 ... 41384139414041414142 ...