1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Some more positive on KeyOne:

TCL Announce New "Black Edition" For BlackBerry KEYOne
    https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/artic...kberry-keyone/
    "In his review, he said tthat "while it won’t suit everyone, this is one of the very best Android phones on the market to the point where it’s a Phone of the Year contender. All the old Blackberry users who left for Android and iPhone have a very viable route back into the fold and Blackberry even has an opportunity to gain new customers and fans with the KEYone. We did not expect to be writing that.""

Top Rated Android Phones in 2017
    https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/top_r...hones-in-2017/

10 Best phones of 2017
    https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/top_r...hones-of-2017/
    2. Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review (Editor's Choice)
    Blackberry just made one of the best all-round Android phones we've ever seen. Who knew? If your smartphone usage leans more towards text than multimedia, you should check this out.
    09-04-17 04:10 PM
    09-04-17 06:46 PM
    Here's a shorts beware article. ;-) Most of it were already discussed here , but still nice to be recognized by others.

https://dailyreckoning.com/blackberry-bites-back/
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    09-05-17 12:50 PM
    Do your homework deciding for yourself, while regularly be careful with any opinion coming from Motley Fool:

2 Stocks That Could Gain From Political Turmoil
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/2-...131237215.html
    "In light of this incendiary political environment and its ability to rock the market, investors should be eyeing stocks that will see success in the midst of strife.

BlackBerry Ltd. (TSX:BB)(NASDAQ:BBRY) has completed a transformation to focus on security software in a time when cybersecurity is becoming a major focus for governments and corporations. Microsoft Corporation revealed in a recent intelligence report that cyberattacks were up 300% on the cloud platform in the past year. Worldwide spending on information security is expected to reach over $110 billion by 2020 compared to the ~$90 billion that will be spent this year.
    BlackBerry security software is already used by 16 G20 countries around the world. In June, the U.S. military announced that it would use BlackBerry?s AtHoc Crisis Communications Platform. Investors have grown impatient of late with BlackBerry stock as it has seen a 20% drop in a three-month period as of August 30. BlackBerry is in a fantastic position to benefit from the massive growth that will come in the cybersecurity industry. Keep in mind that many of the nations that use this technology are still in the early stages of formulating cybersecurity policy, which will be much more fleshed out in the years and decades to come."

Shares of Barrick Gold Corp. (TSX:ABX)(NYSE:ABX) have increased 6.6% in a one-month period as of August 30. Geopolitical tensions and the threat of war on the Korean Peninsula sparked a rise in precious metals prices.
    La Emperor, Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    09-05-17 12:54 PM
    rarsen likes this.
    09-05-17 02:10 PM
    09-05-17 02:23 PM
    A logical assessment of bbm revenues from Yasch22 at Stockhouse. Everything between the quotes is hers/his, not mine.

"I was checking up on BB's stats while writing a few posts here & at StockTwits today, and came across a very interesting paragraph in the Q42016 financials. It's from page 16 of the MDA in the 40-F form (with my emphasis/italics/bold etc.):
    "In the third quarter of fiscal 2016, the Company stated that it continued to expect non-GAAP software and services revenue of approximately $500 million in fiscal 2016, excluding revenue generated from BBM services such as BBM Protected. Non- GAAP software and services revenue, excluding revenue generated from BBM services, was $501 million for fiscal 2016 compared to $244 million in fiscal 2015. The Company continues to expect to generate software and services revenue from monetizing existing and forthcoming products and its patent portfolio. The Company continues to expect the growth of software and services revenue to continue and to offset the decline in service access fees revenue in fiscal 2017, and to exceed the growth rate of the mobility software market. The Company expects total software and services revenue to grow at around 30% on a year-over-year basis and expects continued gains in market share at that level."

This was a backhanded way of indicating how well BBM was doing, but without breaking BBM out on a separate line in the various charts.

Software/Services revenue in FY2015 was $248m. EXCLUDING BBM revenue, it was $244m. Ergo, BBM brought in $4m between March 2014 and February 2015..

In FY2016, SW/Services was $527m. Excluding BBM, it was $501m. Ergo, BBM brought in $26m between March 2015 and February 2016. We don't know what the breakdown was between BBM Enterprise and BBM Consumer.

In June of 2016, BlackBerry signed a deal with Emtek, whereby the Indonesian-owned company would take over BBM Consumer, leaving BBM Enterprise in BB's hands. The deal with Emtek was for $207.5m over 6 years, or $34.6m per year.

In the Q1/18 financials, BB announced a new reporting structure. A new segment heading was "Licensing, IP, and other", "including revenue from licensed hardware sales, the Company’s Intellectual Property and Licensing business, and from its BBM Consumer licensing arrangement." Revenue in this segment was $32m. The company reported $7m for licensed HW sales, and said (during the conference call) that IP licensing was negligible, which I'll guess means something like $2 or $3 million. In sum, BBM Consumer brought in approximately $22m for Q1 alone. The run-rate is $88m for FY2018.

On top of that, I'll venture to guess that BBM Enterprise, in one form or another (as either a standalone offering or as part of a UEM bundle), is worth $6 to $7m/quarter, or approximately $25m per year.*

Total: BBM is now very definitely making $100m+ for BlackBerry."
    rarsen, howarmat, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    09-05-17 06:46 PM
    House Passes Bill. Looks like Fords' move in partnering with Blackberry ( for cybersecurity requirements, etc ) is a great strategic move.

"Companies must draft security and privacy plans for autonomous vehicles and document their approach for ensuring self-driving car safety....

Trade groups representing companies such as Alphabet Inc.’s Waymo LLC, Ford Motor Co., General Motors Co., Lyft Inc. and others working on the technology voiced strong support for the bill. "

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-driving-autos
    W Hoa, morganplus8, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-06-17 12:24 PM
    Any large block purchases happening? Yesterday or today?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 12:56 PM
    Any large block purchases happening? Yesterday or today?

Posted via CB10
    Hey guy,

I check in once and awhile on this sleepy trade and I looked up some TD trades for the past few sessions and TD Bank is missing in action each day. They did 100,000 shares on the positive side, sold some small blocks and netted nothing as usual. We aren't going anywhere without positive news and this Q has been running on empty. As we approach the quiet period, I suspect BlackBerry is issuing more shares to employees, kind of going in the wrong direction for many hopefuls on this thread.

The good news is that CIBC is a strong buyer of the stock, consistent and in there every day. Let's all pray for some good news ..............................
    Corbu, Greened, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    09-06-17 03:24 PM
    09-06-17 03:56 PM
    https://fccid.io/L6AITB100-1

Application: Asset Tracker
    09-06-17 04:00 PM
    So only two small block trades from trader TD BANK 007 and they are sell trades! Thank goodness CIBC was there to to take them up.

10:47:27 T BB 11.09 0.03 2,400 26,616 79 CIBC 7 TD Sec K
    10:47:27 T BB 11.09 0.03 2,300 25,507 79 CIBC 7 TD Sec K

Is this the longest period that we have ever gone without news? Maybe revenues are at "zero" this quarter ................... okay I need to go out and have some fun right now ....................
    09-07-17 09:51 AM
    seriously! wtheck Blackberry! Was there really nothing worthwhile mentioning??
    anon(9100201) likes this.
    09-07-17 10:13 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    seriously! wtheck Blackberry! Was there really nothing worthwhile mentioning??
    For now, I think the next earnings call will be key.. and any good news BlackBerry is likely to be announcing it then... just a waiting game till then... Hopefully good news with Radar/Asset Tracking, QNX and positive software and services growth and profitability... Let's hope the worst is behind BlackBerry and they can guide with confidence and meet / exceed...gl

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa, Corbu, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    09-07-17 11:09 AM
    Competition is good, with a high reliance on the iPhone and Services observed. What happened in 2016? :

This one chart shows how bad things are at Apple | ZDNet
    There's a problem facing Apple that the fanboys want to ignore and that the executives at Cupertino won't acknowledge -- stalled revenue growth. In five years, Apple has gone from revenue growth across the board of products -- iPhone, iPad, Mac, services, and "other products" -- to the point where the only parts that were showing revenue growth were services and "other products." Does the iPhone 8 have enough to restore revenue growth? Is AR, face unlocking, wireless charging, and an OLED display really going to get people to part with more than $1,000 for an iPhone? There's a lot of pressure on the iPhone 8 to deliver.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-aaplrevgrowth.jpg
    09-07-17 12:09 PM
    For now, I think the next earnings call will be key.. and any good news BlackBerry is likely to be announcing it then... just a waiting game till then... Hopefully good news with Radar/Asset Tracking, QNX and positive software and services growth and profitability... Let's hope the worst is behind BlackBerry and they can guide with confidence and meet / exceed...gl

Posted via CB10
    Your words in John Chen's ear. Would be nice for once to get some really good news that convince Wall Street from the great potential of BlackBerry. Just issuing white papers would not do the trick

Posted via CB10
    farmwersteve likes this.
    09-07-17 02:30 PM
    Credit reporting agency Equifax just had a data breach that may have compromised 143 million social security numbers....yikes
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-07-17 04:42 PM
    09-07-17 04:46 PM
    Credit reporting agency Equifax just had a data breach that may have compromised 143 million social security numbers....yikes
    Links?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    09-07-17 05:27 PM
    Links?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    Here is a NYT article on it, not sure if this will work though

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/0...berattack.html
    rarsen likes this.
    09-07-17 05:38 PM
    I am less optimistic about a positive ER. Last quarter John Chen indicated that we won't see good news until next quarter (2H). They may be saving any news until they announce the results so they can use it to offset poor revenue numbers. I expect stronger guidance this time around but will be challenged to sell it to impatient investors and analyst spin doctors.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-08-17 06:35 AM
    I am less optimistic about a positive ER. Last quarter John Chen indicated that we won't see good news until next quarter (2H). They may be saving any news until they announce the results so they can use it to offset poor revenue numbers. I expect stronger guidance this time around but will be challenged to sell it to impatient investors and analyst spin doctors.

Posted via CB10
    I understand your concern but I do think that all the bad news is already in the price of the stock. We get KeyOne data, even better BBM revenues and if they are to achieve 13 - 15% software growth in the 2h of the Fiscal year, the revenues from that sector can't be negative. We might have a scenario where flat to slight growth and the prospects for back-end growth is something that sparks a rally. The wonderful thing about ramped growth is that it continues into the next quarters. Funds don't buy stock for the quarter, they purchase for at least 6 months of predictable data and then growth so this price today might be the jumping off point for a sustained rally. I'd feel better about the whole thing if Chen restates 2h and beyond acceleration.

It is strange that this Q, we haven't heard a thing from the company. Weird!
    09-08-17 07:14 AM
    OT with the Equifax hack affecting 143 million Customers, thus another major hack added to so many others. The Pain vs Gain Ratio is not perceived as sufficiently frightful yet, when will the majority of people wake up?
    Here is another sneaky Security article, this time regarding voice assistants -- remain careful out there.

Alexa, Cortana, Google, Siri user? Watch out for these inaudible command attacks | ZDNet
    For as little as $3, an attacker can silently tell any voice assistant to open up a malicious webpage. Researchers have devised a method to give potentially harmful instructions to most popular voice assistants using voice commands that can't be heard by humans.
    W Hoa, morganplus8, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    09-08-17 09:28 AM
    I know it isn't just me thinking about this but something is seriously wrong/missing with our data center(s) obligation to protect our data. Just about every business have experienced a breach in their security, not all at the same time, otherwise that would suggest they had no security in the first instance. The biggest names in business today watch data flow to outsiders and not one of them bother to explain what they were using/who they were using, how well it worked for them in the past and what they now need to do to prevent future mishaps. Simply plugging a hole in the system doesn't work.

BlackBerry could comment on each breach and say "if they were connected to us, this wouldn't have happened". If the company is ticked off, they could vent their frustrations through the media as to who failed them too. Yet we really don't hear anything about cause and effect, it seems nothing short of multi-billion dollar settlements to the clients effected will push this issue to light and get something done about it. The whole thing is so secretive that it isn't a problem I guess.

PS. Just in case you were wondering, TD Bank is in the minus column for about 3,000 shares of BB today, I guess they don't buy stock on Fridays either.
    Corbu, kellyweng88, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-08-17 10:01 AM
113,256 ... 41334134413541364137 ...