1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT for those interested in Security files:

Yahoo must face litigation by data breach victims: U.S. judge
    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/yahoo-must...--finance.html
    "A U.S. judge said Yahoo must face nationwide litigation brought on behalf of well over 1 billion users who said their personal information was compromised in three massive data breaches. The breaches occurred between 2013 and 2016, but Yahoo was slow to disclose them, waiting more than three years to reveal the first. Revelations about the scope of the cyber attacks prompted Verizon to lower its purchase price for the company. n a 93-page decision, Koh rejected Yahoo's contention that breach victims lacked standing to sue, and said they could pursue some breach of contract and unfair competition claims. The case is In re: Yahoo Inc Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, No. 16-md-02752."

Top 5: Things to know about how ISPs use your data
    http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...TRE-03-10aaa6b
    Last edited by rarsen; 09-01-17 at 10:10 AM.
    Corbu, dusdal, kellyweng88 and 2 others like this.
    09-01-17 09:22 AM
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rry-for-iphone
    Deutsche Bank Bows to Inevitable as IPhone Supplants BlackBerry

“Deutsche Bank’s decision to use other devices has been expected and doesn’t change our relationship,” BlackBerry spokeswoman Sarah McKinney said in an email. The new iPhones use BlackBerry’s device-management software, she said.
    09-01-17 10:36 AM
    +1
    Used the Black Edition in Berlin CB Meetup and looks and feels great! Have the silver might just get a black!
    Corbu, rarsen, kellyweng88 and 1 others like this.
    09-01-17 10:49 AM

BlackBerry Mobile
    Published on Sep 1, 2017
    Carrying the same distinct hardware design as the original BlackBerry KEYone, the all-new Black Edition comes with a matte black finished added to the device's aluminum frame offering a new style variant that fans around the world have been asking for since the original launch back in May. This new BlackBerry KEYone variant also features 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, while still supporting microSD expandable storage up to an additional 2TB.
    09-01-17 10:53 AM
    09-01-17 11:48 AM
    09-01-17 08:18 PM
    "It is also useful to point out that a unique and helpful feature coming soon for BBM Enterprise is Multiple Points of Presence (MPoP) which will allow you to have BBM Enterprise securely running on all your devices simultaneously using the same BBID."

this is rather cool. MPoP takes BBM to a whole new level. now it is actually something major companies can deploy to replace / augment Lync / Slack.
    09-02-17 03:20 AM
    BBM MPoP. I want that yesterday.
    that will be especially useful when transferring devices or upgrading devices, you don't lose all your bbm information
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-02-17 08:17 AM
    "It is also useful to point out that a unique and helpful feature coming soon for BBM Enterprise is Multiple Points of Presence (MPoP) which will allow you to have BBM Enterprise securely running on all your devices simultaneously using the same BBID."

this is rather cool. MPoP takes BBM to a whole new level. now it is actually something major companies can deploy to replace / augment Lync / Slack.
    So, will they finally be coming out with BBM for Windows/Mac/Linux so we can have it on our desktops? How about giving BBM Enterprise back groups, Channels, stickers and all the other stuff they took away when they initially split off BBM consumer? IMHO, losing Groups and it's shared list and calendar functionality, hurt the most.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    09-02-17 01:16 PM
    Interesting they mentioned the migration date as Aug 29... I thought this happened a lot earlier. I wonder if this means we'll see higher revenues from BBM consumer

"What has changed:*On August 29, 2017, BlackBerry began the migration process that will allow our strategic partner, Emtek, to license and operate the BBM Consumer service for Android, iOS and Microsoft devices"
    09-02-17 01:41 PM
    in one sense I'm thinking that it makes more and more sense for Google to acquire BBRY. Google even stopped scanning emails on the consumer side, aka Gmail, to be more "enterprise friendly". (they never scanned the enterprise version of Gmail.) they can make BB the hub (pun intended ) for everything enterprise.

does anybody know what OS Waymo are running their software on?

it would also be very interesting to know what OS the companies that have deployed Nvidia's DRIVE PX 2 (Bosch, Tesla, Toyota, BMW, etc. etc.) are running. PX 1 supports QNX, Android and Linux, so that might be the case for PX2 too. OS choice would be very interesting data and a leading indicator of where QNX is going.

it seems like TensorFlow or NVIDIA CUDA does not support QNX.
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 09-03-17 at 06:11 AM.
    09-02-17 03:07 PM
    Interesting they mentioned the migration date as Aug 29... I thought this happened a lot earlier. I wonder if this means we'll see higher revenues from BBM consumer

"What has changed:*On August 29, 2017, BlackBerry began the migration process that will allow our strategic partner, Emtek, to license and operate the BBM Consumer service for Android, iOS and Microsoft devices"
    The information and reason why is all written in the post below. Keep in mind it's for security reasons.

First, to our very loyal users we are sorry for any confusion this week. Thank you for being patient and allowing us to set the record straight on the details and user impact necessitated by the coming split of BBM into three separate services: BBM Enterprise for all devices; BBM Consumer for BBOS and BB10; and BBM Consumer for Android, iOS and Microsoft devices.

Why We Are Making Changes: For several years, BBM has been serving two very distinct and different audiences: enterprise customers, many of whom require military-grade security for their text, voice and video conversations; and consumer users interested in a free service that offers sticky features like games, shopping, music, news, payments and more.

Today, BlackBerry is a cybersecurity leader offering enterprises a complete range of software and services that comprehensively protect mission-critical data, networks and communications. Because BBM is also serving the personal needs of millions of users globally, we recognized the need for a strategic partner who is focused on delivering a rich set of consumer features and services on top of the secure platform we have built.

What has changed: On August 29, 2017, BlackBerry began the migration process that will allow our strategic partner, Emtek, to license and operate the BBM Consumer service for Android, iOS and Microsoft devices while BlackBerry will own and continue operating the BBM Enterprise service for all platforms along with the BBM Consumer service for all BB10 and BBOS devices. The distinction between devices is important from a legal standpoint because BlackBerry cannot transfer the BBM user data associated with any BBM enterprise account, nor any BBM Consumer account for BB10 and BBOS devices to Emtek.

To be clear, regardless of your device and which BBM service you use, everyone will continue to be able to add and message their BBM contacts no matter what BBM service or device they have. That has not changed. It should also be noted that these changes impact a small number of BBM users.

BBM Enterprise users: The only change is that you can no longer migrate your BBM Enterprise account to a BBM Consumer account for Android, iOS and Microsoft devices using your existing BBID. It is also useful to point out that a unique and helpful feature coming soon for BBM Enterprise is Multiple Points of Presence (MPoP) which will allow you to have BBM Enterprise securely running on all your devices simultaneously using the same BBID.

BBM Consumer users on BB10 and BBOS: You can currently switch to an Android, iOS or Microsoft device using your existing BBID while maintaining all your contacts; however, you can no longer switch back to your BB10 or BBOS device using the same BBID. Also, beginning September 25, 2017 you will no longer be able to switch to an Android, iOS or Microsoft device using your existing BBID. You can continue to switch between BBOS and BB10 devices seamlessly using your existing BBID after September 25, but switching to an Android, iOS or Microsoft device following this date will require that you establish a new BBID and re-invite your contacts to this new BBM Consumer account.

BBM Consumer users on Android, iOS and Microsoft devices: You can continue using the same BBID and seamlessly switch between any Android, iOS and Microsoft device. However you can no longer switch – using the same BBID – to a BB10 or BBOS device. To use BBM Consumer on a BB10 or BBOS device you will need to establish a new BBID and re-invite your contacts to this new BBM Consumer account.

For support in setting up a new BBID click here

With the separation of the services soon to be complete, we are confident that users of both BBM Enterprise and BBM Consumer will find a significantly improved experience that includes the most secure messaging platform for enterprises anywhere along with the rich set of features that we know consumers appreciate. Thank you again for your loyalty.
    09-02-17 04:08 PM
    Funny. I don't recall seeing an email from BlackBerry regarding this. And yes, I subscribe to BBM Enterprise and occupy all administrative contact roles for the subscription.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-17 04:48 PM
    Well, apparently Kim Jong Un just told me I have to boycott all things China, until further notice. Won't be buying any more TCL (bbry branded) phones for now. Investigating everything else I buy or invest in, at every level. Talk is cheap, so this is all I expect to say. Happy Sunday folks, the world just got a little more dangerous...
    09-03-17 09:02 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well, apparently Kim Jong Un just told me I have to boycott all things China, until further notice. Won't be buying any more TCL (bbry branded) phones for now. Investigating everything else I buy or invest in, at every level. Talk is cheap, so this is all I expect to say. Happy Sunday folks, the world just got a little more dangerous...
    Indeed the rogue lunatic seems uncontrollable, short of. USA bombing him directly and taking him out ... and China and Russia are happy to leave it status quo... this will continue to spook the markets impacting all investors...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 09:27 AM
    http://techspective.net/2017/09/01/b...marter-iphone/

By Rob Enderle

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-03-17 01:50 PM
    That train wreck is already being discussed in this thread.
    09-03-17 04:17 PM
    Weekend music

Last edited by bbjdog; 09-03-17 at 05:36 PM.
    Corbu likes this.
    09-03-17 05:13 PM
    Now that BlackBerry phones are holy (holey) as the rest, it's a hit. LMAO!!!!!!! What a joke!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-03-17 at 05:48 PM.
    Corbu likes this.
    09-03-17 05:14 PM
    https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/rep...beandmail.com&
    Canadian companies find footing in self-driving-car race

Canadian companies could be serious contenders in the global self-driving-vehicle race, experts have suggested after Magna International Inc. fielded the country's latest entry with the debut of the auto-part giant's own autonomous technology.

Toronto-area auto-parts supplier Magna launched its Max4 Autonomous Driving Platform last week into a market that is gaining interest from most major auto makers, as well as technology firms such as Google Inc., Apple Inc. and Intel Corp. Magna's addition to the race focuses on making the technology components that drive autonomous vehicles nearly invisible.

While most of the innovations in this emerging sector are coming out of Europe, the United States and Japan, Canada's contributions put the country's entrants – including former tech darling Blackberry Ltd. – in a strong position to win a slice of the global market, said Paul Godsmark, chief technology officer for the Canadian Automated Vehicles Centre of Excellence.

"The more we do now, the more government supports the development of technology companies … the bigger our slice of the pie will be," Mr. Godsmark said.

Canada may have been behind the curve a few years ago, but participation by Magna, Blackberry QNX, General Motors Co. and Uber Technologies Inc. in this country suggests that Canadian talent is being tapped to develop the nascent sector.

"We are clearly supporting companies that are near the forefront of what's going on," Mr. Godsmark said.

Canada could reap $65-billion in potential benefits from autonomous vehicle developments, mainly from fewer collisions, less time in cars, fuel savings and reduced congestion, according to a 2015 report from the Conference Board of Canada.

A coming vote in the U.S. Congress to speed up the deployment of self-driving cars could increase competitive pressure on Canada, where Ontario is the only province that allows testing of self-driving cars on public roads.

Regulation is the next frontier for the market, said Dan Mathieson, mayor of the Southwestern Ontario town of Stratford, which was named by the province as the strategic demonstration hub for autonomous and connected cars. He believes his town's experiment could help put it on the map for more than just its Shakespeare festival.

"I think we're going to be one of those communities that's going to help shape what the future is going to look like."

However, industry observers say that while models that require human surveillance will likely be available within a few years, it could be decades before fully autonomous units are beyond a novelty for the rich.

"I think truly autonomous is many, many years away," said John Wall, head of Blackberry QNX.

QNX is one of the Canadian firms jumping aboard the market's potential. It has been working to parlay its experience in developing secure operating systems to build software that can be used in automated vehicles.

It opened an autonomous vehicle innovation centre in Ottawa last December, where it has a prototype car to develop software and new frameworks.

Mr. Wall said autonomous driving is pushing the adoption of new automotive architecture, systems that control a car's operations that are more powerful, smaller and able to be adapted remotely.

He added that the autonomous vehicle race is also driving developments in areas such as artificial intelligence and neural network computing.

"Our belief at Blackberry QNX is that autonomous driving is just the beginning," Mr. Wall said.

"The same type of requirements will be needed for any automation in the future."
    09-03-17 06:04 PM
    09-03-17 06:07 PM
    Çorbu mate!!! Can you copy and paste this post. I clicked on it and only got something like this.

904036800301281282. see more. 103345 replies | 6911230 view(s). Corbu's Avatar. Today, 06:04 PM. Corbu replied to a poll The BBRY cafe [was: I support

Cheers mate.
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-03-17 07:13 PM
    There you go, my friend!

BlackBerry Mobile ✔ @BBMobile
    Our BlackBerry #KEYone Black Edition is ready to connect. Enjoy experiences like #AndroidAuto and keep distraction free on the road.
    1:42 PM - Sep 2, 2017
    Plus a pretty cool 39 seconds video which I unfortunately can't post here since I can't find it on YouTube, etc.
    09-03-17 07:20 PM
    There you go, my friend!

Plus a pretty cool 39 seconds video which I unfortunately can't post here since I can't find it on YouTube, etc.
    Thanks mate and enjoy your long weekend!!!
    Corbu likes this.
    09-03-17 07:40 PM
    Here we go :

Corbu, morganplus8 and W Hoa like this.
    09-04-17 11:47 AM
113,256 ... 41324133413441354136 ...