View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Here is the TA pattern that I hope is developing:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ice_screenshot_20170728-131246.jpg

As you can see, I'm thinking along the lines of a pennant formation with five waves and the last one, a breakout higher. Let's see what happens, this is why I bought more stock, I like this pattern. Keep in mind, we developed this pattern back in the Z10 launch days and it failed miserably when the phone failed.

Have a look at MOBL today, proof that you can do a lot of damage to the well being of the stock by cheerleading it on when you don't have the staying power. In this respect, John Chen is always wise to tell it like it is rather than pump the company at all cost. I think the price of BBRY is simply consolidation to kill time while we move closer to sustainable growth. Good on Chen for that. MOBL needs to drop below $ 3.00/shr to get back to where a company should be that will likely not earn any profits for several more years against headwinds like BB with its diversification and size.

On a TA basis, MOBL is exhibiting a "Waterfall Formation", not good.
    07-28-17 12:26 PM
    With MOBL stocks at 1:30 pm today down some 20%, lots of not surprising lame excuses:
    Why MobileIron Inc. Stock Is Dropping Today - Nasdaq.com
    07-28-17 12:31 PM
    I think the price of BBRY is simply consolidation to kill time while we move closer to sustainable growth.
    I like that. Well said, Morgan! Thanks.
    morganplus8, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    07-28-17 12:32 PM
    07-28-17 12:36 PM
    With MOBL stocks at 1:30 pm today down some 20%, lots of not surprising lame excuses:
    Hi Rarsen,

As always, great posts.

On my PC, I'm reading the following:

"Revenue is expected to be between $175 million and $185 million, growth between 7% and 13% year-over-year (reducing the high end of the range by $5 million).

Gross billings are expected to be between $195 million and $205 million, growth between 7% and 13% over last year (reducing the high end of the range by $5 million)"

None of this can be seen by MC or SA apparently. I have since learned that only investors holding the actual stock can see these lines.
    Corbu, rarsen, alludba and 4 others like this.
    07-28-17 01:00 PM
    I panic a bit because thought of their new model 3
    La Emperor likes this.
    07-28-17 01:29 PM
    Could this be the reason to the switch to DrivePx2/QNX based systems... now this is getting interesting. ;-)
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-28-17 02:29 PM
    OT: Lawsuits...
    Apple paid Nokia $2 billion cash to settle its patent dispute
    Nokia and Apple sign patent license and business cooperation agreement, settle all litigation
    https://www.apple.com/ca/newsroom/20...tigation/#mn_p
    07-28-17 03:21 PM
    Here is the TA pattern that I hope is developing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice_screenshot_20170728-131246.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	427862

As you can see, I'm thinking along the lines of a pennant formation with five waves and the last one, a breakout higher. Let's see what happens, this is why I bought more stock, I like this pattern. Keep in mind, we developed this pattern back in the Z10 launch days and it failed miserably when the phone failed.

Have a look at MOBL today, proof that you can do a lot of damage to the well being of the stock by cheerleading it on when you don't have the staying power. In this respect, John Chen is always wise to tell it like it is rather than pump the company at all cost. I think the price of BBRY is simply consolidation to kill time while we move closer to sustainable growth. Good on Chen for that. MOBL needs to drop below $ 3.00/shr to get back to where a company should be that will likely not earn any profits for several more years against headwinds like BB with its diversification and size.

On a TA basis, MOBL is exhibiting a "Waterfall Formation", not good.
    Well said big M!
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-28-17 04:01 PM
    That's why Drive2be (don't correct me) is a wise choice.

Cheers mate!
    La Emperor, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    07-28-17 04:04 PM
    MOBL shareholder equity is at $31M after this quarter. The shares have been diluted to 91 million shares outstanding. This company reminds me of junior mining companies. A few more quarters like this one and then: lights out!
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    07-28-17 09:18 PM
    Trump's new Chief of Staff is John Kelley who was previously head of US Homeland Security, responsible for border, immigration, cyber hacking, airport security and natural disaster management. A possible replacement name heard is Rudy Giuliani, a close acquaintance of John Chen -- just a thought...
    07-29-17 06:32 AM
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-29-17 at 08:17 AM.
    07-29-17 06:53 AM
    If I may ask M8, are doing any buying/selling in SPHS? you have mentioned that you have been buying some more BBRY, and I was wondering if you did the same in SPHS.

I should never have said anything about selling KOG (.ol) or THIN, as both have been trading the wrong way ever since I said that. that said, SPHS has been slowly falling as well.
    alludba and morganplus8 like this.
    07-29-17 11:26 AM
    If we stutter on Monday, I'm hitting the buy button and doubling down.
    As M8 and Kadakn pointed out, the indicators seem good for purchase. Also adding in the fact of the low short interest seems to trump any bogus bear news.

Feeling strange but good here.

Regarding Rarsens post for Giuliani's involvement:

... I thought of the same thing when I heard that news.
    Knowing the White House/Giuliani connection, all we need is to hear the words 'BlackBerry' propagate from the lips of Trump, and us shareholders will have our Toopees peeled back from the rocketing stock price increase.

Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 07-29-17 at 05:46 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    07-29-17 05:35 PM
    (dead air space. My apologies)
    Corbu likes this.
    07-29-17 05:43 PM
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    07-29-17 10:22 PM
    If I may ask M8, are doing any buying/selling in SPHS? you have mentioned that you have been buying some more BBRY, and I was wondering if you did the same in SPHS.

I should never have said anything about selling KOG (.ol) or THIN, as both have been trading the wrong way ever since I said that. that said, SPHS has been slowly falling as well.
    I won't sell a share as I'm in it for the long haul as far as SPHS goes. I'm also a buyer of the stock below $ 2.10 and I'm playing Russian Roulette with BBRY and SPHS, continuing to buy more BB and hoping to roll some of that gain in the next two months into even more SPHS. The stock is dead until they start to announce the results of their latest study into the proper dosage. Regarding the enrollment, they have the option to dose a patient one more time if they deem it is beneficial to the study so we are looking at the end of Sept. as the earliest date to receive feedback on the doses used. Hence my RR on the trade, I think BB will announce earnings again prior to the SPHS data release. I can tell you I don't need any more shares of that one. I do things in proportion just in case the wheels fall off this one hit wonder. GL

As for BB, I feel we are buying time here, the news will come and the next cycle will kick in for a new 52 week high. BB is trading at the $ pre-ER cash infusion levels of around $ 7.00/shr today so the rally is just beginning. I feel this way because of all of the news that has come out within their sector and still the stock is not benefiting from this. It will happen in time. Just my opinion of course! GL
    Corbu, rarsen, FeitaInc and 3 others like this.
    07-30-17 08:56 AM
    I won't sell a share as I'm in it for the long haul as far as SPHS goes. I'm also a buyer of the stock below $ 2.10 and I'm playing Russian Roulette with BBRY and SPHS, continuing to buy more BB and hoping to roll some of that gain in the next two months into even more SPHS. The stock is dead until they start to announce the results of their latest study into the proper dosage. Regarding the enrollment, they have the option to dose a patient one more time if they deem it is beneficial to the study so we are looking at the end of Sept. as the earliest date to receive feedback on the doses used.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts M8. The time frame you laid out for when to expect news from the dosing study is very well received.

As I think I mentioned in an earlier post, the stocks I am in the process of selling have been going the wrong way, while SPHS has arguably been going the right way (for the stocks I am planning to buy, if not for the stocks I currently own (which might be the wrong way to think about it)). If you throw currency effects into the mix, the Norwegian kroner is gaining on the USD, which again is beneficial for the stocks I'm going to buy, but not so good if I have to sell. (the latter is something I have to keep in mind as my brother and me recently bought a house which we are renovating.)

So I guess the overall plan is just to keep calm, and see where we go. If JC can knock it out of the park, and SPHS can show some promising results, then I guess we're in for a fun autumn. GL
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 07-30-17 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added GL
    morganplus8, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    07-30-17 09:34 AM
    I talked with someone that works on BlackBerry's legal stuff and she said they are going nuts with registering Radar around the globe. They don't do any of the litigation work so she had no insight there.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 11:45 AM
    I talked with someone that works on BlackBerry's legal stuff and she said they are going nuts with registering Radar around the globe. They don't do any of the litigation work so she had no insight there.

Posted via CB10
    Are they registering it so that Radar is legally allowed to be used in a specific country or are the doing registration for customers?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 01:46 PM
    Are they registering it so that Radar is legally allowed to be used in a specific country or are the doing registration for customers?

Posted via CB10
    The firm does the patent filing and licensing for BlackBerry so it is more about where BlackBerry sees the opportunity. I'm guessing that security of cargo through places like Kazakhstan and Turkey is a lucrative market.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    07-30-17 04:45 PM
    The firm does the patent filing and licensing for BlackBerry so it is more about where BlackBerry sees the opportunity. I'm guessing that security of cargo through places like Kazakhstan and Turkey is a lucrative market.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, thanks for the clarification

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 10:43 PM
    https://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2017/...est-drive.html
    Ontario and Michigan Launch Canada's First Cross-Border Automated Vehicle Test Drive

La Emperor, rarsen, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    07-31-17 08:53 AM
    07-31-17 10:26 AM
113,256 ... 41134114411541164117 ...