View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    In America, it's the dealership network protection. Critical updates can only be done by them. Money grab. etc. me thinks.
    Remember when Tesla had to fight their way thru the courts in order to sell in certain states. Car dealership associations were crying foul, thats why.
    I think it's also been an issue of whether BlackBerry will survive as a company or not.

After the Ford Sync3 announcement, we finally learned that although QNX counted most auto manufacturers as clients, the relationship was as a supplier to the auto makers' Tier 1 suppliers. It was ultimately "indirect." With Ford, QNX becomes a Tier1 partner, but only to Ford. The sale of the BlackBerry hardware engineers to Ford seems solidify that status. However, I don't think we've heard of a second partnership-type arrangement with any other auto maker yet. To me, until we hear of an actual partnership with another auto maker, any QNX news related to the auto industry will be as a supplier to a Tier1 OEM. A Tier1 OEM would have to pick QNX/BlackBerry as their source for OTA updates or it'll be unlikely to appear as an option available to auto makers.

Ford choose Microsoft for part of their OTA solution last year. Harmon, the owners of QNX before BlackBerry, bought an OTA company last year. That doesn't bode well for BlackBerry since Harmon is probably a Tier1 to most, if not all auto makers, and they probably won't choose BlackBerry now that they have a solution in-house.

BlackBerry needs to execute faster than fast, and we're left guessing if they are executing fast enough, and in the right areas.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 07:43 PM
    Lately reading material has bored me to death. Ford has made a commitment to BlackBerry/QNX because it thinks it's the bread winner (learned from previous mistakes .) Cheers to Ford!!

Cheers gang
    alludba, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    07-21-17 07:52 PM
    The right to sell doesn't mean the govt has actually bought anything. We went through this with BB10 and BES10/12. Just because BlackBerry got the certifications doesn't mean the govt will buy.

I'm curious why it's taken so long. Plus, if BlackBerry just earned the certification, who/what was the govt actually buying before?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I understand that but I meant BlackBerry winning the right to sell secure messaging tools to the U.S. government would bring good PR for BlackBerry. NSA giving them their stamp of approval is a big deal for BlackBerry's security business in terms of getting more govt and private contracts all around the world. I just thought the market would react to this more positively. Anyways I still think the best is yet to come for $BBRY!
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    07-22-17 05:33 AM
    I just saw this kickstarter campaign called floathub, which is an IOT device you mount in your boat which lets you monitor location/temp/etc. of your boat either via wifi or 4g. that made me think of Radar, and that if BBRY made a version of that product, that would definitely be something I would be interested in buying.

that said, it would probably be sold as a service (HaaS), but either way they basically have everything in place already. they might need to add some ports were you can add wires from a bilge pump etc., or make a terminal that could wirelessly transmit this data to the Radar device. heck.. they could even attach it to the ECU/diagnostic port of the engine and transmit those data too.

yeah.. just bring this to market and take my money already.
    07-22-17 05:50 AM
    Ontario premier tours BlackBerry QNX Kanata facility | Ottawa Business Journal

Video:
    Blackberry QNX takes autonomous car for a spin at Kanata North Technology Park | CTV Ottawa News

At the end of the video:
    "And BlackBerry/QNX says to make sure you stay tuned, they have a big announcement in the fall."
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-22-17 at 05:15 PM.
    07-22-17 04:34 PM
    07-22-17 05:09 PM
    ohhhhh that's a badddassss phone, wow, i don't like my keyone anymore.
    07-22-17 05:31 PM
    just wait until they launch it in pink (aka rose gold)..

but yeah. the black edition looks great.
    07-23-17 03:16 AM
    2018 Karma Revero First Drive Review

The Karma Revero is one of three truly connected cars available in the world (Tesla and Rimac being the others) and uses Certicom (owned by BlackBerry) cryptography as an added security layer within QNX-secured two-way data transmission. It can make software updates over the air.
    07-23-17 07:44 AM
    After our disappointing rally last week, I thought I would update our charts. Note that we have been in an uptrend on the 3-minute chart for 9 trading sessions straight now even though it looked like we sold off again, we just traded back into our uptrend channel. And so on a short-term basis we are bullish still.

Now on the daily:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-24-2017.jpg

On the daily/weekly charts I went back to March to our pre-rally point to remind everyone that we went sideways for a very long time. Back then, the Bollinger Bands dropped to a very tight $ .50/shr range. If you look at today, we are going to be even tighter than that indicating a big move is coming. In addition, we are going to resolve those two black converging lines soon. Inside the BB Bands, we are on the bullish side of the "0" SD line having successfully tested it again this morning hinting that we are going up from here.

On the weekly chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-24-2017-b.jpg

We are confirming the same thing, a long narrow period, a strong rally, a consolidation at higher levels and it appears we are also close to resolving this period with a much larger move. The weekly chart looks strong and predictable showing us that it looks planned from the beginning.

News drives stocks but so does the time. We are working off the disappointment of the last ER and investors will be looking at the next report now and placing their bets. JC has us waiting for the second half of the Fiscal year for growth but we are getting closer to that time now and some news might be released at any time so money flows in again sooner than later.
    Corbu, rarsen, cjcampbell and 8 others like this.
    07-24-17 09:51 AM
    OT evening long read for those interested in an overview of new art of war including cyber warfare strategies:

The new art of war: How trolls, hackers and spies are rewriting the rules of conflict - TechRepublic
    07-24-17 10:28 AM
    Okay, I might as well show my private 3-minute chart (no Bacon M, not my private parts my chart):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-24-c-2017-b.png

We have been inside this slow moving upward channel for 9 days. We have popped outside of it on news and dropped right back into it shortly thereafter. So far, it has held nicely and we are bullish within it. This morning we touched the bottom end of the channel and now we are moving higher as expected.

Just to get Bacon M off my case, TD Bank purchased 100,000 shares so far this morning most of them from 11:00 AM on. Not many shares but our volume is so low now that it does matter. Let's keep moving up towards a breakout on those black lines posted earlier.
    07-24-17 11:12 AM
    Another approach to TA for BBRY (read both pages)

http://investorplace.com/2017/07/bla.../#.WXZjrospDbM

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    07-24-17 04:21 PM
    Over the last few days Seeking Alpha has had a couple articles on companies BlackBerry should buy. While I don't necessarily agree with either of them at least we are seeing people engaged in the possibility of a future for the company.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    07-24-17 04:25 PM
    https://www.themobileindian.com/news...august-1-18556
    BlackBerry KEYone could be launched in India on August 1

07-25-17 08:38 AM
    This InvestorPlace article is full of inaccuracies.

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Stock Looks Downright Risky
    BlackBerry stock isn't cheap, and the growth being priced into BBRY stock will be tough to create
    By Vince Martin, InvestorPlace Contributor**|**Jul 25, 2017, 7:00 am EDT
    What’s interesting about*BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) stock is that it’s a completely different company than it was just a few years ago. And BlackBerry stock is a very different stock than it was just a few years ago. Whether that’s good news or bad for BBRY stock is the key question.

As I wrote last month, BlackBerry stock now is a growth play, after years of being a value stock. Before BlackBerry exited its hardware business,*the bull case for BBRY stock was based on a large cash balance plus the potential for a turnaround from handsets.

BlackBerry still has that large cash balance, one boosted by a recent*royalty win from Qualcomm, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM). But it’s now firmly a play on growth in relatively new software and services offerings.

There’s some reason for optimism. But even with BlackBerry stock below $10, there’s more reason for caution. BBRY stock no longer is cheap by any real measure. In fact, it’s pricing in years of substantial growth from its new efforts.*And at the moment, it looks like it’s pricing in too much growth.

The Bull Case for BlackBerry Stock
    Going forward, BlackBerry is a software and services play. On the Q1 conference call, CEO John Chen cited four “growth engines” going forward:

Enterprise software, aka unified endpoint management. This software secures corporate data across devices. Ironically, UEM tackles the “bring your own device” problem for businesses. That BYOD trend led*in large part to BlackBerry’s handset market share erosion against Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), as BlackBerry’s advantage in device security became less and less important.
    Embedded software for connected cars and other mobile endpoints.
    IoT appliances such as BlackBerry Radar, used to manage trucking fleets and now expanded to intermodal containers.
    Technology licensing
    The opportunity that is getting the most attention is connected cars. Noted short-seller Citron Research even called BBRY stock “the next” Nvidia Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA) based on*potential gains in that market. But BlackBerry’s reliance on struggling*Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) seems a concern, and its recent loss of Toyota Motor Corp (ADR) (NYSE:TM) as a customer could present a near-term headwind.

BlackBerry is going to have win in a very tough autonomous driving space, because the other opportunities simply don’t seem like quite enough for a business still valued at ~$3.6 billion plus net cash. In UEM, competition will be tough.*Mobileiron Inc (NASDAQ:MOBL) is one of two entrenched market leaders along with a unit of VMWare, Inc. (NYSE:VMW).

BlackBerry has had some wins with Radar, including a project with FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX). But there are myriad competitors attempting to roll out IoT solutions for transportation, including Park City Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:PCYG). And licensing*and IP revenue was just $32 million in Q1, though management expects that revenue to ramp as the year goes on.

BlackBerry likely is going to have to win in more than one area to drive the 10-15% revenue growth it’s targeting this year, and to leverage steadily increasing operating expenses.*BlackBerry at the moment is barely profitable. It will need substantial earnings improvement to*keep BBRY stock even near $10, let alone solidly in the double-digits.

BBRY Stock Isn’t Cheap
    It’s possible that BlackBerry can drive the growth needed for BlackBerry stock to gain. But at the moment, I’m skeptical. And given the long, frustrating history of BBRY stock, this remains a “prove it” story.

That’s particularly true since BBRY stock is not at all cheap.*It trades at nearly 4x revenue on an enterprise basis. Backing out dilution, FY18 earnings and free cash flow both likely will be negative.

To change that, BlackBerry needs to win in markets that are either crowded and/or where the company has little to no existing presence. To be fair, there’s potential for some support from handset licensing and IP monetization. But neither is close to enough to support a $3 billion-plus valuation, as BBRY stock holders have learned over the past 5-6 years of basically zero returns for BlackBerry stock.

The core issue here is that BlackBerry now is a growth stock. But it’s not a company that has established – at least not yet – any ability to grow in the way that BBRY bulls expect. It’s not impossible – but it will be a tough road for BlackBerry. And I think it’s too tough a road to bet on BBRY stock, even below $10.

As of this writing, Vince Martin did not hold a*position in any of the aforementioned securities.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 01:15 PM
    This was the same authors article March 13, 2017 when shares were at $6.90

http://investorplace.com/2017/03/bla.../#.WXd37PkrJaQ

From the article:

BlackBerry Stock Isn’t ‘Cheap’

The issue with BBRY stock at the moment is that it*needs*a turnaround at this point. The company does have net cash of about $1 billion. But it’s also barely profitable on an adjusted basis. Guidance for Q4 fiscal 2017 (ending February) suggests full-year adjusted earnings-per-share of just $0.02. Adjusted EBITDA likely will come in around $200 million … at most.

Even backing out the company’s cash, those figures value BlackBerry stock at about 250x EPS and 20x adjusted EBITDA. Both numbers imply that investors buying BBRY stock are expecting near-term growth.*But the question remains: from where will that growth come?
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    07-25-17 01:26 PM
    short interest update as of July 14th,
    now at 43,188,753 or a decrease of 1.7M shares, again more covering.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    07-25-17 03:27 PM
    short interest update as of July 14th,
    now at 43,188,753 or a decrease of 1.7M shares, again more covering.
    Many thanks for staying on top of this. I really want to see the next one which really in my mind should be dropping more

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    07-25-17 04:53 PM
    BBM in the news: BBM partners with Ariiyatickets to bring in-app ticket purchases to Nigeria

https://m.crackberry.com/bbm-partner...chases-nigeria
    07-26-17 07:40 AM
    BBM in the news: BBM partners with Ariiyatickets to bring in-app ticket purchases to Nigeria

https://m.crackberry.com/bbm-partner...chases-nigeria
    In the news but ignored by BlackBerry management. Really sad and value destructive for shareholders

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 08:05 AM
    A reminder to be careful out there, at a time where our minds are more on the rapidly advancing summer:

Top tips to improve IoT smart home security | ZDNet
    By 2020 there will be 21 billion connected devices. A survey by the consumer group Which showed that over half of the smart household gadgets they tested were vulnerable to attack over the internet, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi.
    07-26-17 08:14 AM
    Here is the daily chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-26-2017.jpg

We are slightly positive so far, above the zero standard deviation dotted line. We closed at $ 9.98/shr yesterday which is one penny above that dotted line, today we are slightly over it and close, which simply means we are neutral to slightly bullish. with no news. The lines that really matter are the two black lines, they are holding us captive for now. Also note the the Bollinger Bands are down to $ .46/shr range/spread for the stock to trade in, this will narrow a bit further and the stock can't stay inside this range forever. The company is ridiculously quiet these days as well.

Yesterday TD Bank really did nothing, as usual, but Credit Suisse crossed 530,000 shares in the final hour of trade to bloat the volume.

PS> While we wait, one of the greatest companies ever to be involved in EMM, MOBL, reports tomorrow. They are so big and wonderful.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 07-26-17 at 09:31 AM.
    Corbu, La Emperor, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    07-26-17 09:21 AM
    Okay, I bought 20,000 more shares at $ 9.90/shr just now so you can place your orders below me and get something cheaper. No point in using TA if you don't buy when its time to buy. We are seeing some support but lunch-time is around the corner and anything can happen. I see BlackBerry is being sued for patent infringement so that might explain the weakness today/yesterday. Perhaps Corbu can post the details of the lawsuit.

Stock is back down to the black line, let's see if this was a good time to buy it. GL

Here it is:
    https://insight.rpxcorp.com/litigati...ments/12547249
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-26-17 10:04 AM
    Nice find, Morgan.

If I am not mistaken, this entity seems to have filed similar complaints earlier this year, dealing with the same patent:

An entity called Deshodax LLC filed seven patent infringement complaints in the Eastern District of Texas back in April, according to Lex Machina. All of the suits assert a single patent – US7,307,398 – which was granted to Qisda subsidiary BenQ Corporation in 2007. Deshodax LLC, a Texas entity, was registered in January this year, and obtained the patent from Qisda one month later. The defendants are Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, TCL, OnePlus, Acer and Nokia – all the complaints name some type of mobile phone.
    Source:
    http://www.iam-media.com/blog/detail...2-11cd3c8d89f1

The patent:
    https://www.google.com/patents/US7307398
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-26-17 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added Source link
    07-26-17 10:28 AM
113,256 ... 41114112411341144115 ...