View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    In America, it's the dealership network protection. Critical updates can only be done by them. Money grab. etc. me thinks.
    Remember when Tesla had to fight their way thru the courts in order to sell in certain states. Car dealership associations were crying foul, thats why.
    Corbu, alludba and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-19-17 04:42 PM
    BlackBerry has fallen out of the top 20 shorts on the TSX. Short numbers are down dramatically at -30%

Largest net decreases, July 15, 2017

COMPANY NAME SYMBOL 15-JUL-17 30-JUN-17 NET CHG

BlackBerry Ltd. BB-T (18,916,231) (26,442,379) (-7,526,148)
    07-19-17 04:44 PM
    Corbu, if you read the comments in the link you posted re: Tesla, you'll find the answer to your question, in details.
    Corbu likes this.
    07-19-17 04:45 PM
    QNX is in there somewhere:

The Ford GT is one of the most highly anticipated supercars in years and the company is revealing it is significantly more advanced than most people think.

Since the car has been equipped with more 50 different sensors, the model generates about 100 GB of data every hour. Ford says this is the equivalent of around 25,000 music downloads and the data includes everything from the position of the pedals to the amount of humidity in the air.

All of this information is processed by 25 onboard computing systems that are controlled by 10 million lines of code. Ford says that is more code than used on the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II and it enables the car to analyze 300 MB of data every second.
    The New Ford GT Generates 100 GB Of Data Every Hour
    07-19-17 05:06 PM
    Corbu, if you read the comments in the link you posted re: Tesla, you'll find the answer to your question, in details.
    Indeed. Thanks for pointing it out!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-19-17 06:59 PM
    From my TD alerts

BlackBerry Strengthens Cybersecurity Offering for the Canadian and U.S. Government; Brings NIAP-Certified SecuSUITE Stateside
    2017-07-20 06:00:29 AM ET (Marketwired)

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - July 20, 2017) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) announced today the company has expanded its cybersecurity offerings for the public sector to now include SecuSUITE�� for Government, a multi-platform solution for end-to-end encryption of voice calls and text messages. Part of BlackBerry Secure, the most secure and comprehensive platform to connect people, devices, processes and systems, SecuSUITE for Government is the only National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) certified voice solution supporting iOS, Android and BlackBerry 10 smartphones and tablets. It is also BlackBerry��s first secure mobile voice product listed on both the NIAP Product Compliant List (PCL) and NSA Commercial Solutions for Classified Program (CSfC) List.

"Call tapping is happening at an alarming rate," said Alex Thurber, SVP and General Manager of Mobility Solutions, BlackBerry. "In today's connected world, restricting agency employees to only exchange classified information from the desk phone is no longer a viable option, but it could be the new reality if governments don't start securing calls and texts from mobile devices. Our governments need to be mobile and they need their conversations secure, or more importantly, BlackBerry Secure."

With the NIAP Common Criteria certification, SecuSUITE for Government can now help Federal agencies safeguard sensitive conversations against electronic eavesdropping. BlackBerry's solution is hosted on premise, giving full control to the customer, something agencies want and need. It is highly reliable and delivers secure calls over carrier networks the same as secure calls over Wi-Fi, and because it works across all networks, there is no need to lock an organization into a single carrier.

BlackBerry SecuSUITE is a leading solution for government-grade protection of critical mobile communication used by more than 20 governments across the globe. In addition to more than 80 security certifications, BlackBerry was once again named a Leader in Gartner's June 2017 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites. BlackBerry also received the highest score in all six use cases of Gartner's August 2016 "Critical Capabilities for High-Security Mobility Management" report.
    07-20-17 05:28 AM
    07-20-17 06:52 AM
    BlackBerry wins right to sell secure messaging tools to U.S. government

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black...100308911.html

This is very exciting news as it shows further confidence in BlackBerry's best in class security from US/Canada gov't. Not sure how much this will drive revenue, but I'd consider this one of the best endorsements in BlackBerry's cybersecurity push. Nice win.

Come to think of it, I wonder if this news leaked early and was a factor in yesterday's SP action. I hope not and this drives us further up. I picked up some cheap August calls when we dipped into the $9's that might be ripening soon. Let's hear some more good news from Chen now...
    07-20-17 07:30 AM
    $BBRY seems to be stuck at $10.30. Why isn't it able to go higher with this good news we just got regarding winning the right to sell to the U.S. govt?
    07-20-17 09:12 AM
    $BBRY seems to be stuck at $10.30. Why isn't it able to go higher with this good news we just got regarding winning the right to sell to the U.S. govt?
    We opened strong at the start of the market, climbed all the way to the 50-dma where you see automatic sell programs. We dropped back to support and now we are about to break that downtrend line and do much better.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-20-2017.png

After we break that line, this is when you look for the stock to perform in a more controlled sustainable way. We will break it shortly.

The news is good but as long as it doesn't add to the bottom line, there is plenty of time for investors to buy the stock, they don't need to purchase it today, or this week or likely, this month. Just let the news settle in and see how the stock does after the downtrend falls.

UPDATE: We broke that line and now you will see what buyers and shorts do to the stock over time. It is a positive but not a barn burner.
    07-20-17 09:55 AM
    Ok, your next assignment is to find out who that creepy 'anonymous' person is.

PS - I see that you also have good taste in boats. Short of a torpedo hit, nothing can sink a Whaler.
    Alas, the Whaler isn't for me, it's for our beautiful girls! We have a couple of rules at the lake, everything is free down there, just show up with your boaters license and act responsibly. So what happens, we are all out on the lake, the girls know I want them to take along their cell phones so that we can rescue them. I look and they are filming each other and taking selfies while hitting the big waves! While I'm right there, they collide, one Seadoo goes over the other! All on film of course. And so the Whaler is for them, we love them but this generation is not very responsible, that's why we own the world's safest boat.

As for TD Bank, they bought 150,000 yesterday after 12:00 PM and this morning they picked up 200,000 shares in the first hour so they are at least in the market. The stock is looking good for this afternoon. GL
    07-20-17 10:13 AM
    07-20-17 12:08 PM
    Hey mate! hope all is well!!

Can't read your link, anyways of copy and pasting?

Cheers mate!
    Corbu likes this.
    07-20-17 06:24 PM
    Hey mate! hope all is well!!

Can't read your link, anyways of copy and pasting?

Cheers mate!
    Just Marty tweeting a reference to the Marketwatch "Beyond Tesla" piece we posted yesterday...

Marty Beard‏ @martyjbeard

" . . . the company’s reinvention over the past few years has been fairly ambitious." Beyond Tesla: 7 stocks driving the autonomous car revolution - MarketWatch #blackberry #driverlesscars

9:47 AM - 20 Jul 2017
    07-20-17 06:33 PM
    And he also posted a The Hill link to this morning's news...

Marty Beard‏ @martyjbeard

#Phonetapping is a growing security & privacy threat. Government users now have a new option for voice #encryption : Blackberry encryption approved for government use | TheHill

2:46 PM - 20 Jul 2017
    Better than nothing, I guess...
    rarsen likes this.
    07-20-17 06:35 PM
    Just Marty tweeting a reference to the Marketwatch "Beyond Tesla" piece we posted yesterday...
    I'm truly disappointed !!!! Thought it was picture's of your girlfriend's. Instead it was about BlackBerry. Lol

Thanks mate!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 07-20-17 at 06:59 PM.
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-20-17 06:41 PM
    Well, you know there's nothing I would rather do, but... ;-)
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-20-17 06:58 PM
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    07-21-17 11:40 AM
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-21-17 11:43 AM
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-21-17 11:43 AM
    I think there are a lot of little things like this that are hard to value. How much revenue will this bring and when will it bring it? Some guidance would be helpful.
    07-21-17 01:21 PM
    The right to sell doesn't mean the govt has actually bought anything. We went through this with BB10 and BES10/12. Just because BlackBerry got the certifications doesn't mean the govt will buy.

I'm curious why it's taken so long. Plus, if BlackBerry just earned the certification, who/what was the govt actually buying before?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 02:40 PM
    If there was ever a time for a 'fill in blanks' to happen to the test car.
    07-21-17 03:47 PM
    Well, I am finally bought back into BBRY. Did a few trades since ER but done with that, going to ride it up again.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-21-17 03:53 PM
    Çorbu thanks for the extra work in copy and pasting for dumb a?? Like me.

Cheers mate!!!
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    07-21-17 07:20 PM
113,250 ... 41104111411241134114 ...