Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BBM Rewards through Billaway now available in 4 more countries

https://androidcommunity.com/bbm-rew...ries-20170710/

If you want to get more free mobile airtime in exchange for answering surveys and expressing your thoughts and opinions, then you’ll be happy to know that BBM Rewards, through the technology of Billaway, is now expanding to four more countries. After previously launching in the US, Canada, and South Africa, those who live in Malaysia, Nigeria, Singapore, and the United Kingdom will now also be able to enjoy rewards like aforementioned mobile airtime, gift cards, gaming credits etc.
    Thanks. I so far have $6.45 in my account and can't wait to get my first $10
    La Emperor likes this.
    07-17-17 09:03 AM
    07-17-17 10:38 AM
    Dear Mr. Musk,

If security is truely a top priority, then why haven't you employed/deployed QNX as of yet?
    07-17-17 12:00 PM
    I love these love volume days...

TD would not be able to buy back the daily max without affecting the stock price, which they wouldn't want to if they (and Blackberry) want to complete the buyback for the year at low prices.

If only more people shorted BBRY in the next few months, the buyback would be successful.
    07-17-17 12:07 PM
    I love these love volume days...

TD would not be able to buy back the daily max without affecting the stock price, which they wouldn't want to if they (and Blackberry) want to complete the buyback for the year at low prices.

If only more people shorted BBRY in the next few months, the buyback would be successful.
    I think BlackBerry will buy back only 11,000,000 shares, just to offset the dilution for FY2018. And for low volume, I think it's mainly Chen's work, killing a great rally and asking for more patience from investors so he can figure out what to do with all that cash... one thing's for sure (imho), he's not buying back 30,000,000 shares anytime soon. And the reason has nothing to do with the volume that isn't there... unless of course we go back to 5 dollars doing 100,000,000 volume in trading in one day... but that would probably go along with a change in CEO and 5 year turnaround-of-a-turnaround plan.
    07-17-17 12:41 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry will buy back more than 11,000,000 shares to offset the dilution for FY2018. And for low volume, I think it's mainly Chen's work, killing a great rally and asking for more patience from investors so he can figure out what to do with all that cash...

Posted via CB10
    You think they won't go all the way to 31,000,000 in the next 11 months? If share price remains at these levels, it looks like a smart strategy to go full and maybe apply for more buyback.
    07-17-17 12:50 PM
    You think they won't go all the way to 31,000,000 in the next 11 months? If share price remains at these levels, it looks like a smart strategy to me.
    Sorry, I edited my response before you replied. No, I don't think they will. Their revenue/earnings should improve over the next few quarters. Even analyst ratings have held steady or have been revised upwards after that horrible earnings announcement. Who would have thought? So I think we're stuck at these levels for now, until they either show improvements (which hopefully sends the share price up) or share price falls due to more misses... and whom truly believes that can be beneficial to BlackBerry in the long run?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 12:58 PM
    BM,

The mass market Tesla T3 is to be powered by the DrivePx2. It is supposed to come with the Enhanced Autopilot features, but will cost an extra $5000 to activate. Pretty much all are self driving car ( level 3 or 4 ? ) in my opinion, just have to pay extra for usage.
    Tesla Model 3 assembly to begin - Business Insider

And from Nvidia themselves ( video of GPU tech conference ) the autonomous vehicles powered by Drive Px 2 will run on QNX.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 07-17-17 at 02:31 PM.
    07-17-17 01:30 PM
    Sorry, I edited my response before you replied. No, I don't think they will. Their revenue/earnings should improve over the next few quarters. Even analyst ratings have held steady or have been revised upwards after that horrible earnings announcement. Who would have thought? So I think we're stuck at these levels for now, until they either show improvements (which hopefully sends the share price up) or share price falls due to more misses... and whom truly believes that can be beneficial to BlackBerry in the long run?

Posted via CB10
    No worries dimi, I see your comments now. I still have a different view though. From my perspective even after using 1B for acquisitions, there would still be cash lying around with minimal returns these days.

Given what Mr Chen knows ( and obviously, we know only the tip of the iceberg), over the next 2-3 year period, the best returns that cash can bring value to long term shareholders will be to buy and cancel free float shares. Moreover this could also make it pricier for any company that try to acquire blackberry.

The fact that BBRY is so tight lipped these days make me more confident in this theory. But its all speculation for us minions now, as to what would Mr Chen do... anyways for the next little while, I will be very happy if more people short the stock, while investors with a vision keeps accumulating and BBRY keeps cancelling shares, as that would give us all more value in the long term.
    Last edited by fanBBRY; 07-17-17 at 09:38 PM.
    _dimi_, La Emperor, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    07-17-17 01:38 PM
    This quarter Chen is clearing out inventory of devices so that is the final bitter end of that undertaking. SAF revenue will dwindle to (nearly) nothing with the demise of that legacy service. Once those two things are in place (gone) we will see a fairly dramatic increase in revenue. That, I believe, is what everyone is waiting for.
    La Emperor, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    07-17-17 01:56 PM
    La Emperor and BM, more on the Model 3 and NVIDIA:
    Look inside Tesla’s onboard Nvidia supercomputer for self-driving
    La Emperor, W Hoa, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    07-17-17 02:09 PM
    just to have a random announcement, it looks like the stocks I'm currently trying to sell, might be sold tomorrow. SPHS here I come I guess.

I'm really looking forward to what BB might announce this fall. JC alluded to it being a big deal, so it'll be interesting to see what they bring to the market.
    07-18-17 01:51 PM
    BBM news:

https://blog.bbm.com/2017/07/18/bbm-...in-mena-sa2eh/
    BBM Messenger launches Travel & Tourism discover channel in MENA – Sa2eh

https://blog.bbm.com/2017/07/19/bbm-...ans-worldwide/
    BBM Messenger and Planet Sport Publishing Launch Football365 to Football Fans Worldwide
    07-19-17 09:11 AM
    07-19-17 09:13 AM
    BBM news:

https://blog.bbm.com/2017/07/18/bbm-...in-mena-sa2eh/
    BBM Messenger launches Travel & Tourism discover channel in MENA – Sa2eh

https://blog.bbm.com/2017/07/19/bbm-...ans-worldwide/
    BBM Messenger and Planet Sport Publishing Launch Football365 to Football Fans Worldwide
    Really sad that management is so quiet about BBM numbers. If Wall Street sees a WeChat like potential in BBM with a more open communication by BlackBerry management, the share price could skyrocket to 20$ on BBM alone
    07-19-17 09:28 AM
    So I'm at home today fiber-glassing my customized Boston Whaler and thought I haven't posted anything to the board in awhile. Here are my charts that I follow and what we are doing as opposed to what others think we are doing:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-19-2017.png

This 3-minute chart has been intact for 6 days straight, until yesterday when we dropped below the uptrend line and ended our bullish rally. When we dropped outside of this channel, "TheStreet" immediately came out with a full article on how we are rolling over and heading back to $ 8.00/shr. Does it look like we are heading back to $ 8.00/shr? In fact, it is always a really bad idea to make any claims regarding TA until you get "Confirmation". of the change in trend. We are more likely to go up to $ 10.12/shr then head for $ 8.00/shr anytime soon.

Here is that lame article:
    https://www.thestreet.com/story/1423...HOO&yptr=yahoo

On the weekly chart, we are just beginning to find our stride again:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ice_screenshot_20170719-104805.jpg

We are setting up for a challenge of that downtrend line here and it is time, not news that is taking care of the negative results of the last ER. We are inching closer to more potentially important news once again and BBRY is cheap compared to where the general market is today.

Now, look for "TheStreet" to come out with a more positive report on BBRY now that it appears that our breakdown was not confirmed today.
    07-19-17 09:53 AM
    Just for the record, Bacon M will be coming after me to post the TD Bank trades for this rally so here they are:

TD Bank Broker 007 - 19,500 shares so far today. That's it, TD hasn't bought anything worth mentioning in weeks.

All of the action today is with broker "Anonymous" who is picking up small blocks constantly. Fun rally so far and overdue too.
    07-19-17 10:36 AM
    Okay, let's post one more chart to show you why we are stuck at $ 10.19/shr right now:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-19-2017-b.png

If we can climb above this line and confirm that it is a legit downtrend line, we will go much higher. Fun to watch and far less work than fiber-glassing.
    07-19-17 10:51 AM
    Thanks Morgan for your updates!
    07-19-17 11:24 AM

...All of the action today is with broker "Anonymous" who is picking up small blocks constantly. Fun rally so far and overdue too.

Ok, your next assignment is to find out who that creepy 'anonymous' person is.

PS - I see that you also have good taste in boats. Short of a torpedo hit, nothing can sink a Whaler.
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    07-19-17 11:49 AM
    07-19-17 12:04 PM
    So I'm at home today fiber-glassing my customized Boston Whaler and thought I haven't posted anything to the board in awhile.
    Speaking of boats, I've been working on our Windy Oceancraft 761 for the past weeks, namely to fix the Volvo Penta 5.7GSi. The exhaust manifolds had cracked during the winter, and there was some rust on one of the valves. This past Saturday we finally launched the boat, but then we had some issues with the engine getting cooling water sow I had to tow the boat for a couple of hours to get it to our summer house. Now that part is sorted, but the lip seal in the raw water pump is leaking.

With that said, the engine is purring like a happy cat, so it seems like the overhaul has been a great success so far. Just had some minor setbacks. :P

With regards to stocks, I shouldn't have said that I'd be buying SPHS today, as I totally jinxed the SP of the shares I'm selling. BBRY is heading in the right direction, so that's nice to see.
    07-19-17 02:06 PM
    07-19-17 03:28 PM
    Blackberry is ready for this. Car manufacturers just need to embrace it.

Just listen to Derek Kuhn at around 4 minutes..

07-19-17 04:31 PM
    Thanks, La!

"Car manufacturers just need to embrace it."

Why haven't they, already?

Sorry for the obvious question.

Cheers,
    07-19-17 04:39 PM
113,256 ... 41094110411141124113 ...