View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well, Morgan, you know we agree (re: CEO role).

yesterday, I *had* to push the button again and sell it all. I wish I listened my Jimyny Cricket when the SP was in the 12's but ... anyway I'm probably break even so, I may not be in the worst position.
    IDK, I pushed it blind ...

May try to get back with another trading account later but for now ... crap, sounds so weird ...
    I have no BBRY in my wallet anymore.
    Very sorry to hear that you are out of BlackBerry at this time. It is difficult to support a turn-around play like this one for several years without something getting in the way. We had a major rally in the stock and our CEO put the brakes on that one, another one will develop over time as the future looks promising in the months ahead. Not owning the stock doesn't mean you shouldn't advise us here on the thread mind you, so please make an appearance my friend!

Okay, today's lesson is on technical analysis, can anyone tell me if they have EVER heard of a 50-sma versus a 20-sma death cross? Anyone? Anyone?

Google is your friend, look up "Death Cross" and send a correction link to the individual who came up with that erroneous and misleading mistake. Seems anyone can write a report, analysis or technical reading and get away with it these days.

Come on BlackBerry a little news on what you have been up to the past month would be fun.
    07-12-17 10:24 AM
    can anyone tell me if they have ever heard of a 50-sma versus a 20-sma death cross? Anyone? Anyone?

Google is your friend, look up "death cross" and send a correction link to the individual who came up with that erroneous and misleading mistake. Seems anyone can write a report, analysis or technical reading and get away with it these days.

fake news!!

(Edit): Ha. The CrackBerry software won't allow me to write that in all caps, but you get the idea.
    La Emperor, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-12-17 11:43 AM
    So little news...

Let me throw you this bone. Best I can do today...

Seems like QNX have just hired a new Digital Marketing Director:

07-12-17 12:05 PM
    short interest update as of June 30th:
    Now at 44,923,014 down approx 1.5M from June 15th, this last number includes earnings. Lowest number since Jan 2012
    W Hoa, Corbu, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    07-12-17 05:39 PM
    Since i'm so smart, I thought i would contribute to this thread. LOL

Death Cross

and

https://www.sunshineprofits.com/gold...d-death-cross/

Yesterday is the past and tomorrow is the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-12-17 06:30 PM
    07-12-17 08:46 PM
    We interrupt this CrackBerry thread for a message from The President:
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-trumped_edit.jpg  
    rarsen likes this.
    07-12-17 10:35 PM
    07-13-17 08:25 AM
    Extremely low volume trades looks very enouraging. One news/event could trigger much anticipated spike.
    07-13-17 11:26 AM
    Some BBM case study. Don't know how old this is.
    Thanks to Zack800 of stocktwits.

"In just 12 months with Criteo, BBM was able to:

Boost their click-through rate for retail-related ads by 50%
    Increase their overall click-through rates by more than 50%
    Grow their daily revenue by 50%, thanks in large part to new access to high-quality advertisers

"

BBM Case Study
    07-13-17 12:16 PM
    07-14-17 06:46 AM
    OT about Windows phones:

Goodbye Windows Phone: What comes next for Microsoft in mobile? | ZDNet
    "Three-quarters of Windows phones are running on Windows Phone 8.1, and these will no longer get security or other updates. The remaining one quarter are running Windows 10 Mobile. In the end, Android had too strong a lock on the mass market and Apple's iPhone had time to become a strong enough enterprise player that Microsoft couldn't unseat it. One of Microsoft's biggest issues was getting developers to rewrite their apps to run on Windows Phone as well as Android and iOS. All this doesn't mean that, even now, Microsoft is entirely out of mobile. Take Windows 10 Mobile, which has some interesting features -- particularly Continuum, which allows a smartphone like the HP Elite x3 to be connected to a big screen and keyboard and function pretty well as a desktop computer. There's also a chance that, somewhere down the line, the work to make Windows 10 run on ARM processors will mean that Microsoft can get into the phone game again. "
    Why Windows Phone users are now a serious security risk to their employers - TechRepublic
    Corbu, JLagoon and Bacon Munchers like this.
    07-14-17 08:23 AM
    From 2 days ago:
    https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2017/0...dia-barcelona/
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/12/nv...share=facebook

NVIDIA --- > "QNX Inside"?

“The deep learning capabilities of NVIDIA DriveWorks software on the DRIVE PX 2 AI computing platform, combined with BlackBerry QNX’s ISO 26262 safety-certified operating system, enables automakers to build the highest performing, ASIL-certified autonomous driving solutions.” Kevin Flory, vice president of Automotive Software, NVIDIA
    On the MIB infotainment system:
    QNX Provides Software Platform for Volkswagen Infotainment Systems

FWIW...
    07-14-17 10:46 AM
    The pdf I posted a couple of days ago mentions QNX as the Drive Platform for production. It was from a presentation done by Shri Sundaram of Nvidia on May 8, 2017 . I suggest readers take a look at it and perhaps someone can give us a better explanation. The PX2 is for Level 3/4 development today, as stated in the pdf.
    07-14-17 02:02 PM
    Found the video of the actual presentation by Nvidia at the GPU Tech conference.

Autonomous vehicle with AI using DRivePX2 and net gen boards - Nvidia working with folks like QNX to port the entire software stack that runs the autonomous vehicle. Lots of background work happening. @16:20 of video

http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc...g-vehicles.mp4
    Last edited by La Emperor; 07-14-17 at 02:59 PM.
    07-14-17 02:48 PM
    Extreme Networks has purchased Avaya's networking business.

Extreme Networks Signs Agreement to Purchase Avaya’s Networking Business – FAQs - Extreme Networks

This may alleviate some concerns about sufficient liquidity to payout pending royalty litigation for bbry?
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-14-17 03:17 PM
    07-14-17 03:24 PM
    http://www.reuters.com/article/bankr...-idUSL1N1K5014

Avaya says more time for Ch. 11 plan would rally stakeholders

Telecommunications company Avaya Inc is seeking an additional 60 days to file a Chapter 11 bankruptcy restructuring plan, arguing in court papers the extra time will help it craft a plan its stakeholders can support.

An extension through Sept. 16 to its exclusivity period, which gives Avaya sole authority to file a plan, will help pave the way for a successful conclusion to talks with stakeholders in the "near term," the company said in its papers filed on Tuesday.

To read the full story on Westlaw Practitioner Insights, click here: bit.ly/2uXdnWv

Posted via CB10
    07-15-17 03:14 AM
    https://insight.rpxcorp.com/lit/flsd...v-blu-products

I've checked the other lawsuits with Nokia and Avaya, and both of them mention 'Case updated daily'. The case against BLU Products mentions 'Closed: 04/28/2017'.. so they must have settled outside of court?

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    07-15-17 07:20 AM
    This lawsuit hit them quite recently, and they're already looking to settle outside of court. I'm confident they did the same with BlackBerry :

https://www.law360.com/articles/9440...n-spyware-suit

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    07-15-17 07:26 AM
    This lawsuit hit them quite recently, and they're already looking to settle outside of court. I'm confident they did the same with BlackBerry :

https://www.law360.com/articles/9440...n-spyware-suit

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope you are right
    La Emperor likes this.
    07-15-17 09:01 AM
    Weekend:
    https://electrek.co/2017/07/15/elon-...thin-10-years/
    Elon Musk: more than half of new vehicles will be electric and almost all autonomous in the US within 10 years

Furthermore, while he expects over 50% of new vehicles to be electric in the US within 10 years, he thinks that “almost all” new vehicles will be autonomous within the same timeframe. Add another 10 years and he thinks that all vehicles will not even feature a steering wheel anymore.
    From 55:40 to 59:40

07-15-17 04:38 PM
    QNX into boats too.

MasterCraft unveils 2018 model-line improvements | Trade Only Today

Win, after win after win..and the sp is still being held under $10. How long before the dam breaks. Who knows. All is know is we're just in the initial stages of IOT/EOT, and Chen is laying down the foundation thru even more widespread adaptation of QNX.

And this is why QNX is a crown jewel now and in the future. This is what keeps me going back for more....

More than two years after this blog below was written, QNX still continues to evolve.
    Drive PX2 of Nvidia , Radar, Ford's Sync3 just to name a few.

Impressive!

QNX Auto Blog: Beyond the dashboard: discover how QNX touches your everyday life
    07-16-17 12:00 PM
    OT:
    https://www.thenational.ae/world/asi...nesia-1.609197
    Telegram 'no friends of terrorists', will shut down terror-related channels in Indonesia

dusdal and morganplus8 like this.
    07-16-17 08:40 PM
    BBM Rewards through Billaway now available in 4 more countries

https://androidcommunity.com/bbm-rew...ries-20170710/

If you want to get more free mobile airtime in exchange for answering surveys and expressing your thoughts and opinions, then you’ll be happy to know that BBM Rewards, through the technology of Billaway, is now expanding to four more countries. After previously launching in the US, Canada, and South Africa, those who live in Malaysia, Nigeria, Singapore, and the United Kingdom will now also be able to enjoy rewards like aforementioned mobile airtime, gift cards, gaming credits etc.
    07-17-17 06:54 AM
113,256 ... 41084109411041114112 ...