View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Article on how Stage 360 is using BBM, targeting upcoming musicians and alike.

New platform for unknown musos | IOL
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    07-07-17 01:56 PM
    OT:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/technology/nuclear-plant-hack-report.html
    Hackers Are Targeting Nuclear Facilities, Homeland Security Dept. and F.B.I. Say

07-07-17 02:22 PM
    I had the "pleasure" to drive a Land Rover yesterday. The infotainment system Intouch Pro based on Linux was a horrible experience. It was laggy and slow (it tool the navtigation app 20 seconds to start), non intuitive and the UI was ugly. So if that is the so called competition threat for QXN there is no reason to worry about.
    Keep in mind QNX is in no way immune to this. QNX provides the platform and tools to design state-of-the-art/kick-@$$ user interfaces as well as downright crappy UI. They don't impose any design standards that I know of. This is on purpose, so each auto manufacturer and their Tier 1 OEMs can create the look and feel they want on a product line by product line case.

The other alternative, creating a uniform UI, is an approach companies like Apple would do. They may create a kick-@$$ UI, but the downside is that your lowest end product looks exactly like your high end product and like that of your competitors. As Ford's climb in the JD Power initial quality poll has shown, the UI makes a big difference.

QNX will get a tarnished reputation if Tier1 OEMs and automakers don't invest time and money on creating quality UIs or putting in hardware that can grow in capability for a decent number of years after initial introduction. None of this will be QNX's doing though.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 02:48 PM
    I don't know if this is a new thing, I haven't noticed it before at least, but did BB use to say BBM Messenger? this might be stating the obvious, but if it's a new thing I'd say it might be to make the BBM brand to be an umbrella brand for more than just messaging? after all, they are branching out right, left and center with games, banking services, etc.
    07-07-17 02:54 PM
    https://blog.bbm.com/2017/07/07/bill...w-territories/
    Billaway and BBM Messenger Further Extends BBM Rewards to Four New Territories

07-07-17 03:01 PM
    Hi guys...on the CEO front, Chen and Su are actually quite similar when it comes to the storytelling side of the job (geeky, not so good at it), but what matters is execution. bbry and AMD are very different stocks / companies, so please don't compare sp. AMD was much closer to bk than bbry ever was, so sp returns on AMD are much more levered. Also, the jury is still out on Chen's remake of bbry (which Su never had to do with amd). Su has seemingly managed to deliver 4 years of progress in 2 years time, to hit hard into their competitors highest margin spaces on all fronts. Execution is king. Chen is trying to get bbry into new places that have 10x the number of competitors. it will take time.
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 07-07-17 at 07:12 PM.
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    07-07-17 06:27 PM
    Another partner for BlackBerry :

About company

Bang Industries is a Managed Services Provider, offering cloud based solutions for over 20 years. We specialized in VMware and virtualization solutions for Montreal SMB marketplace. Read More

1440 de Jaffa, Laval (Québec) H7P 4K9

E : [email protected]

Services

Cloud Services
    Managed Services
    Professional Services
    07-08-17 04:12 PM
    Weekend reading on Security:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...f47_story.html
    "In general, the nation’s 100 or so commercial nuclear power plants are safer from cyberattack than other energy plants because they isolate their control systems from the open Internet. While nuclear-power companies are fairly well protected, electric-power plants are less so. “That’s what all cyber bad guys do. They do reconnaissance and they try to establish a presence and maintain access. This in my mind was a reconnaissance effort — to scope things out and figure out” points of entry. The current cyber-campaign, dubbed Palmetto Fusion by the government, is significant as a warning, officials said. “It signals an ability to get into a system and potentially have a continued presence there, which at a future date, at someone else’s determination, might be exploited to have an effect” that could be particularly disruptive."

Continue being careful out there in your selection of Apps and Equipment:
    https://researchcenter.paloaltonetwo...pying-40-apps/
    07-09-17 06:20 AM
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/New-...rriers_id95812
    New BlackBerry KEYone models with an improved screen adhesive are arriving at retailers and carriers

07-09-17 06:34 PM
    I was talking with a guy dealing with our power outage in Ontario cottage country this weekend and we were discussing their mapping tool. It describes every single asset, it's location and the distribution network. The company is going to upgrade to something else because they don't own the database that contains all that information. Apparently it is owned by the Russian developer.
    Oops!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    07-09-17 06:55 PM
    Quiet day so I thought I would post my 3-minute chart going back to July 5th:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-10-2017.png

As you can see, we put in a "W" formation last week and made our lows then. Since then, we are developing an uptrend that will have us breakout to the upside for a rally very soon. A new high today would show some strength in this chart pattern.
    rarsen, jsocan, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    07-10-17 01:22 PM
    Prelude to the next move up?

TD Securities: PT raised to C$15.25
    https://www.thecerbatgem.com/2017/07...5-updated.html

Scotia bank: PT raised to C$14.50
    https://sportsperspectives.com/2017/...k-updated.html
    Courtesy of some stock twit.

Hey M8, is it my imagination or is TD securities buying now at day's end?
    Seems smart to do so.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 07-10-17 at 10:43 PM.
    07-10-17 10:32 PM
    07-11-17 06:04 AM
    Was that a pure QNX presentation? If so: amazing how big the crowd and interest for QNX is
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-11-17 06:50 AM
    Prelude to the next move up?

TD Securities: PT raised to C$15.25
    https://www.thecerbatgem.com/2017/07...5-updated.html

Scotia bank: PT raised to C$14.50
    https://sportsperspectives.com/2017/...k-updated.html
    Courtesy of some stock twit.

Hey M8, is it my imagination or is TD securities buying now at day's end?
    Seems smart to do so.
    I had a quick look at yesterday's action and you are right, they bought a block at the bell. They did less than 300,000 all day but made that purchase and 5,000 shares more at the end of the day or market on close.

Time ET Ex Symbol Price Change Volume $Value Buyer Seller Markers
    16:00:00 T BB 12.71 -0.04 246,300 3,130,473 7 TD Sec 14 ITG KQ
    12:01:07 T BB 12.69 -0.06 18,000 228,420 7 TD Sec 7TD Sec K
    12:23:06 T BB 12.71 -0.04 10,300 130,913 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec K
    12:23:32 T BB 12.71 -0.04 10,000 127,100 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec K
    15:00:24 T BB 12.71 -0.04 8,900 113,119 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec KW
    10:35:20 T BB 12.60 -0.15 8,100 102,060 7 TD Sec 79 CIBC KW
    09:57:29 T BB 12.74 -0.01 8,000 101,920 7 TD Sec 7 TD Sec K
    07-11-17 09:02 AM
    Here is my daily chart, this is why I think we are about to rally into the $ 10.00 area very soon:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-11.png

We are leaning on that downtrend line and it looks like it might break. On my 3-minute chart we are about to rally as well so things are looking better.
    07-11-17 09:15 AM
    Here is my daily chart, this is why I think we are about to rally into the $ 10.00 area very soon...
    Yeah. That, plus the fact that when news start to read like it has been the last couple days, we always see a rise in SP. It is always entertaining to read, and they all read the same:

'Should we, like, be buying BlackBerry, and stuff... Duh.'

These silly news cases for 'why BlackBerry is no good' seem to mitigate my Attention D disorder, and a nice shift for when Trump news gets stale.
    07-11-17 09:46 AM
    OT: PSDV

pSivida Out-licenses EMEA Rights for Durasert™ Three-year Treatment for Posterior Segment Uveitis While Retaining U.S. Commercial Rights; Amended Global Collaboration Agreement with Alimera for ILUVIEN® Improves pSivida’s Revenue Generation
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/psivi...200100265.html

Morgan - would you mind offering your opinion on this news? I'm a little surprised to see the stock price got crushed by more than 20% so far today as a result. My instinct is to back the truck up since I don't see the announcement as a negative one. Your advice would be greatly appreciated here.
    morganplus8, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    07-11-17 09:49 AM
    OT: PSDV

pSivida Out-licenses EMEA Rights for Durasert™ Three-year Treatment for Posterior Segment Uveitis While Retaining U.S. Commercial Rights; Amended Global Collaboration Agreement with Alimera for ILUVIEN® Improves pSivida’s Revenue Generation
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/psivi...200100265.html

Morgan - would you mind offering your opinion on this news? I'm a little surprised to see the stock price got crushed by more than 20% so far today as a result. My instinct is to back the truck up since I don't see the announcement as a negative one. Your advice would be greatly appreciated here.
    Someone holding a large position is taking advantage of this news release to sell. I don't see anything negative in this agreement. It pegs the value of the asset more clearly but it also accelerates the launch into the world's biggest market at no cost. There might be some confusion on the details and timeline of the payment process but it is clearly good news to me. I'm once again surprised that Pfizer or others haven't stepped forward and taken it off the market. This a tiny company and they have to streamline their finances in order to grow the business so it was needed in some way. I'm going to stay on the sidelines and watch it for the balance of the week.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    07-11-17 10:13 AM
    Another technical look at the stock.

Posted by Sreekanth Anasa on July 11, 2017, 06:05 AM EST Related Tickers: BBRY
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)*stock could head lower on account of a 'Death Cross'.
    BlackBerry Ltd*(NASDAQ:BBRY) stock lost more than 12% of its value in June partly due to*disappointing Q1-2018 earnings. Shares of the Canadian tech company have failed to break the shackles in July as well, with marginal losses in the first week. The greater than expected drop in revenues for the last quarter seems to be still weighing heavily on investor sentiment. One look at the BBRY stock technical chart suggests that the stock could continue to struggle in near-term. Blackberry stock would most probably see a bearish 'death cross' in today's trading session. The longer-term 50-day Simple Moving Average (SMA) and short-term 20-day SMA stand equal at 10.29 after yesterday's trading session. The longer-term 50-day SMA could go past the short-term 20-day SMA to form a bearish 'death cross'. The formation of 'death cross' on strong volumes could signal a new downward trend.

With the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) also heading downwards, it appears as if the weakness in Blackberry stock could continue until it becomes oversold. The present Relative Strength Index(RSI) measure is 38.01, not very far away from the commonly used oversold threshold of 30. At the same time, the share price is very close to the lower Bollinger Band, which means the Bollinger Band indicator could also flash an oversold signal soon if the weakness in BBRY stock continues. Blackberry is presently trading below its key 20-day and 50-day SMAs. It's next strong level of support is at its 100-day SMA, a good 9.2% below its last close at 8.95.

Posted via CB10
    alludba likes this.
    07-11-17 03:17 PM
    Tesla launches model 3 this month , powered by Drive Px2. Coincidentally it will also power future Volvo cars as per link.
    Nvidia partners with Volvo to power self-driving cars - Business Insider

Nvidia's Drive PX 2 - the Drive platform for production runs on QNX. as per pg. 16 of pdf attached. Was presented by Shri Sundaram who is the product manager - automotive at Nvidia.
    Corbu, morganplus8, dusdal and 5 others like this.
    07-11-17 03:21 PM
    And an unhappy report from our 'friends' at SA

Bill Maurer
    BlackBerry: Watching While Rome Burns
    Jul. 11, 2017 10:05 AM • BBRY
    Summary
    3 months since QCOM award.
    Revenue estimates hit new low.
    When will the company make a move?
    Wednesday will mark 3 months since BlackBerry (BBRY) was given a substantial boost - an arbitration award from Qualcomm (QCOM) that would end up being almost $1 billion. At a time where the company's revenues continue to plunge, it was assumed that management would put these resources to use. But a quarter of the year has passed, and management has done nothing major to change the status quo.
    Now I'm sure the company's biggest supporters will point out it's only been about a month and a half since the end of May deadline when the company was to receive these funds by. However, it's not like BlackBerry was in any financial danger, as it had $1.1 billion in net cash as of its end of February fiscal period. The company wasn't burning through cash at an alarming rate, so it has had the financial flexibility to do something for quite some time. It's been nearly two years since the AtHoc acquisition, followed a couple of months later by the purchase of Good Technology.
    With almost $2 billion in the bank and management expecting to be free cash flow positive this year even after the big award, what has the company done? Well, it announced a 30 million share repurchase program, but it is not really a substantial buyback. The main goal is to offset dilution from executive compensation, which has caused the outstanding share count to rise by 10 million shares since the last such program, plus management will obviously get millions of more shares moving forward.
    Bulls will say the company needs to be patient, but I think we're well past that point. Chen said he could turnaround the hardware business, which he certainly failed at, so overall revenues have plunged by more than 50% since the AtHoc acquisition was first announced, and that includes the two new businesses contributing a bit.
    They are still forecast to go lower for another quarter or two until hardware and service access fees get close to zero. Acquisitions can take months or quarters to complete, so anything announced now likely wouldn't even impact this quarter, and maybe not next either. But you have to start the process at some point if you want to get the top line situation changing.
    Management can go on talking about how it is investing in itself like for Radar and QNX, but those "major pillars" of the company's future don't even equal $40 million in quarterly revenues yet, and that's including the fact that management talks about its overwhelming market share for QNX. How much will executives be willing to spend to compete with the big boys like Nvidia (NVDA), Apple (AAPL), Alphabet/Google (GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL), etc.?
    Don't forget, the company is already losing money at a decent clip before it even starts to increase its sales force, with a more than $60 million loss in the most recent period. Adding more expenses makes it even harder to become profitable, in addition to the company losing high margin service access fees. I don't see BlackBerry becoming truly GAAP profitable anytime soon, as it can't do it on the current revenue base without a dramatic change in margins.
    There are those that have also suggested to me that BlackBerry shouldn't just make acquisitions just to grab headlines. Well, I suggested a huge buyback at $6 a share, but management is now doing a smaller one at $10 a share. I detailed for a number of quarters why it was time to exit hardware, but Chen wasted multiple years of effort making things worse. Obviously, the buyback news has done little to move the stock, with shares still down almost 11% since reporting earnings.
    So when will BlackBerry step up to the plate and do something major with its cash? A tiny share repurchase plan mostly designed to offset executive compensation does nothing for the stock. It's been almost two years since the company made two significant acquisitions that have bolstered the software security business, but there has been no follow through. BlackBerry has had plenty of cash, and the QCOM award nearly doubled the amount. Until management decides to change the status quo, the situation will continue to look like the chart below.
    (Source: Yahoo! Finance analyst estimates page)
    Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.
    I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
    Additional disclosure: Investors are always reminded that before making any investment, you should do your own proper due diligence on any name directly or indirectly mentioned in this article. Investors should also consider seeking advice from a broker or financial adviser before making any investment decisions. Any material in this article should be considered general information, and not relied on as a formal investment recommendation.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 03:25 PM
    An old post but worth revisiting , since Nvidia seems to be locking some key part of the self driving market based on recent news.

NVIDIA Could Be Kingmaker as Linux, BlackBerry, Microsoft Battle for the Connected Car
    rarsen, morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    07-11-17 04:47 PM
    07-11-17 06:48 PM
    Well, Morgan, you know we agree (re: CEO role).

yesterday, I *had* to push the button again and sell it all. I wish I listened my Jimyny Cricket when the SP was in the 12's but ... anyway I'm probably break even so, I may not be in the worst position.
    IDK, I pushed it blind ...

May try to get back with another trading account later but for now ... crap, sounds so weird ...
    I have no BBRY in my wallet anymore.
    07-12-17 01:52 AM
113,256 ... 41074108410941104111 ...