View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    (Sorry about the double post. )
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 07-07-17 at 02:36 AM.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-06-17 08:13 AM
    Canadian law is different, the primary stakeholder above shareholders is the company/country, shareholders come second, opposite of in the US.
    07-06-17 09:25 AM
    No I am not kidding you. John Chen is a good COO, but in my opinion a bad CEO since he does not a good job representing the company. A good CEO knows how to sell a growth story to investors (take CRM or AMD as an example). Also in my opinion it is unexcusable that he said during the last ER that BB now has to concentrate on sales. First that is something he should have done long ago and not just now and second he already said that during the April ER, but apparently took no real action.
    Can't focus on sales when you have nothing to sell, Chen is in control of a large ship, he's now on the proper course, he can now focus on building up the engines again for speed as he now knows the direction.
    07-06-17 09:27 AM
    More on BBM Ecosystem. Global Uber chatbot.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/smart...th-africa.html
    07-06-17 09:46 AM

They should bring that UBER integration to the US
    07-06-17 11:11 AM
    Latest BBM news:
    https://blog.bbm.com/2017/07/06/upda...-improvements/
    Update Your BBM Messenger Today for Better Spam Protection, Video for Group Chat, and Other Improvements!

By Matthew Talbot
    07-06-17 11:34 AM
    "They should bring that UBER integration to the US "

It says it will be a global service, so most likely in the future.
    Corbu, anon(9100201) and rarsen like this.
    07-06-17 12:00 PM
    I fully agree that the communication prior to and on the ER could have been better
    I respectfully believe that, indeed, the communication could be better.
    Seems that the dichotomy between "consumers" and "enterprises" has caused some harm by being a bit, say, radical.
    I'm not saying they should distribute lollipops nor goodies but there's certainly something to be done to shake the idea that no, BlackBerry isn't dead and is even doing pretty well what most have qualified as - to say the least - uncertain.
    BlackBerry is now a software company, aimed at enterprises but they yet/now miss the sexiness and a large POC they can easily demonstrate (and while at it, make money with).
    IMHO and for this particular approach, BBM should be what it subsidized and pushed until it becomes what it has been before. There's nothing missing "in the product" to make it appellant for individuals ... before it will for enterprises.
    [Thinking out (too) loud ... /ArmchairCEO !]

Edit : oh

Re-Edit : I swear, didn't read the BBM news before I posted that. Happy camper with those !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-06-17 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Mhoos and quote
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-06-17 02:07 PM
    AMD is up almost 300% over the last twelve months while BB is only up 50%, so where is your point defending John Chen`s abmisal performance regarding share price?
    Let's see where BlackBerry is at the end of the year and then compare twelve month charts.

You can't compare the peak of AMDs rise to the beginning of BBRYs
    La Emperor likes this.
    07-06-17 07:07 PM
    Yep John Chen again bombed the boat with another real bad ER. He might be a could COO, but he is not a good CEO since he does not know how to represent BlackBerry and how to sell its story or generate excitement among investors about the future

Posted via CB10
    The position is available if you want and are qualified! !!! LMHO
    rarsen likes this.
    07-06-17 08:58 PM
    Could QTM be a good fit for BBRY?

The P/E is really high, but yeah..
    Sorry about the late response! But I don't believe it's the right call for BlackBerry. I don't know that much about the company itself ( have not dogged deep into it). SORRY I couldn't be more helpful!

Cheers mate
    07-06-17 09:06 PM
    ..."Sixty-four percent of Indonesians do not have access to banking or financial services, and with BBM platforms, they will be able to send money and access all these services without having a bank account that is sometimes difficult," said Eliza who currently manages an international company with operational teams in Waterloo, Mississauga, Ottawa, Singapore, Jakarta, United Arab Emirates and South Africa.

Thank you sir. I have been wondering what was going on with BBM. This adds to a couple other helpful posts by others.

BTW, 64% of Indonesia equates roughly to 168,609,920 people as of June 26. That's a lot of potential. No wonder BlackBerry is going after this market in select countries (who happen to be big BlackBerry users).

Now if BlackBerry can manage to get Saudi involved, we could see some huge revenues commissions start to pile in on those gold plated Mercedes orders.
    07-06-17 10:53 PM
    The position is available if you want and are qualified! !!! LMHO
    Regarding communication and marketing I am sure everybody would do a much better job than John Chen
    07-06-17 10:56 PM
    Can't focus on sales when you have nothing to sell, Chen is in control of a large ship, he's now on the proper course, he can now focus on building up the engines again for speed as he now knows the direction.
    Nothing to sell???

Better check that.
    anon(9100201) likes this.
    07-06-17 11:03 PM
    I'm not saying they should distribute lollipops nor goodies...
    What? No goodies? I'm all for distributing lollipops and goodies.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-07-17 02:39 AM
    Regarding communication and marketing I am sure everybody would do a much better job than John Chen
    One of the things I like about JC is that he appears to be bad at scripted stuff, and prefers to go of script. To me at least, he often comes across as quite whimsical and with a good sense of humor. That said, you can almost hear the legal or support staff go crazy in the background when he goes of script, but yeah.. I'm sure if he's able to pull of what he's put in play, people will come to accept his style.
    07-07-17 02:45 AM
    Sorry about the late response! But I don't believe it's the right call for BlackBerry. I don't know that much about the company itself ( have not dogged deep into it). SORRY I couldn't be more helpful!

Cheers mate
    Not to worry. I've never heard of them before. Just saw that they were listed below BBRY in stocks to watch in the note you posted a link to.
    07-07-17 02:47 AM
    I had the "pleasure" to drive a Land Rover yesterday. The infotainment system Intouch Pro based on Linux was a horrible experience. It was laggy and slow (it tool the navtigation app 20 seconds to start), non intuitive and the UI was ugly. So if that is the so called competition threat for QXN there is no reason to worry about.
    07-07-17 04:09 AM
    Some on-going general info on Security:

Petya ransomware: Companies count the cost of massive cyber attack | ZDNet
    "Reckitt Benckiser -- known for Dettol cleaning products, Nurofen tablets, Durex condoms and more -- warned that falling victim to the Petya ransomware attack could cost it as much as £100m in lost revenue. A week later some key applications remain only partially operational and a number of facilities are still not fully operational. Some have even speculated that the ransomware note was just a cover for the real goal of the virus -- to cause mayhem by irrecoverably wipe data from infected machines."
    07-07-17 08:19 AM
    Since we're in a quiet period on the BBRY front + some European newcomers here, I thought I'd share some interesting points grabbed in French investment sphere (Marc Fiorantino / http://monfinancier.com ) . Excuse the translation but I believe you'll get the big picture

"It was the hedge funds that bet on Europe that had the best performance in 2017. It was thought at the beginning of the year that the US markets would again be the stars of the year thanks to Trump's recovery plan - that has not yet arrived - and that Europe would be the zone of all dangers due to the political situation, but it is the hedge funds that bet on Europe and in particular Italy, France and Spain, which made a "hit" with a performance of over 20%, while the average performance of hedge funds over the half-year is less than 3%.
    Once in a while, it's pleasant !
    07-07-17 11:09 AM
    I respectfully believe that, indeed, the communication could be better.
    Seems that the dichotomy between "consumers" and "enterprises" has caused some harm by being a bit, say, radical.
    I'm not saying they should distribute lollipops nor goodies but there's certainly something to be done to shake the idea that no, BlackBerry isn't dead and is even doing pretty well what most have qualified as - to say the least - uncertain.
    BlackBerry is now a software company, aimed at enterprises but they yet/now miss the sexiness and a large POC they can easily demonstrate (and while at it, make money with).
    IMHO and for this particular approach, BBM should be what it subsidized and pushed until it becomes what it has been before. There's nothing missing "in the product" to make it appellant for individuals ... before it will for enterprises.
    [Thinking out (too) loud ... /ArmchairCEO !]

Edit : oh

Re-Edit : I swear, didn't read the BBM news before I posted that. Happy camper with those !
    This is some great news, BBM is really making its own mark in certain countries.

I see we are debating how useful John Chen has been lately. There is no question my mind that he is successfully transitioning BB into a powerhouse of a company. I wish he would refrain from talking about weaknesses such as a lack of employees and products available until the second half of the year, that was a buzz kill and counter productive for our competition to know.

As for the stock, this is looking more like a losing week on the close but we are finally seeing some good support today and I believe we have hit bottom on this cycle. Think of $ 9.80/shr as our old $ 6.80/shr, we are at the bottom of the cycle now.

Best of luck to all and nice hearing from you again Fly!!!

Okay, here is a chart that I believe is developing:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-7-2017.png

I think we are going to head back up into the $ 10.00 - $ 10.50/shr range next week.
    rarsen, La Emperor, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    07-07-17 12:09 PM
    Say, anyone following the TD block buys?

I feel bad about harassing our M8 all the time, and am too busy (read: lazy) to do this myself.
    morganplus8, Corbu and alludba like this.
    07-07-17 12:42 PM
    Say, anyone following the TD block buys?

I feel bad about harassing our M8 all the time, and am too busy (read: lazy) to do this myself.
    I just happened to be looking at that data myself! They are averaging 150 M to 250 M per day, today they are at 200 M and they do business in the first hour of each trading day. They aren't affecting the price of the stock at all. There is no way to know if their volume is related to the buyback program either so it is assumed they aren't material at this time. Still, I think we are going higher now. GL lazy guy! Ha!
    07-07-17 01:05 PM
    I just happened to be looking at that data myself! They are averaging 150 M to 250 M per day, today they are at 200 M and they do business in the first hour of each trading day. They aren't affecting the price of the stock at all. There is no way to know if their volume is related to the buyback program either so it is assumed they aren't material at this time. Still, I think we are going higher now. GL lazy guy! Ha!
    ...Ya know, If you held my feet to the flame, I would have admitted that I was (again) fishing for free data, and like a true gent, you fell for my corruption.

PS - Keep it going(!)
    07-07-17 01:13 PM
    BBM Games Indonesia - play and win . With exciting prizes like a car .... ( Translated by our friends at Google of course )

BBM Hadirkan Kompetisi Gim Capsa Susun Berhadiah Mobil - Tekno Liputan6.com

BBM Games Indonesia and Pmang Capsa Susun present a competition Game Capsa Armed with the prize of Honda Mobilio and other attractive prizes.
    In an official description of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) received by Tekno Liputan6.com, Friday (7/7/2017), the event entitled Emblem Festival will be run for a full month in July 2017.

"BBM Games Indonesia always presents an exciting event, and the prize taxes offered are covered by Pmang Capsa Susun and BBM," stated in the BBM statement.

This competition applies to all BBM users and every player has the same chance to win the prize. But to be able to follow this competition and play the game to win, the user must download the game Capsa Stack with BBM on the Google Play Store.

To follow the Emblem Festival from BBM Games Indonesia, the players must fight to get Emblem. Each player who managed to get a minimum of 1 Emblem, will automatically be included in the Emblem Festival.

Keep in mind, Emblem is a symbol of honor given to players who successfully earn the most Gold in every round.

For example, on channel 1, player A won 20,000 Gold in 1 round, and it turns out he was the player who earned the most Gold on that day. After 12 o'clock at night, Emblem will automatically be given to player A because it gets the most Gold in channel 1.

In addition to the winner of each channel, will also be announced the general winner of all channels per day. The list of daily Emblem winners can be seen in the available "Ranking" section.

This event is divided into two categories, namely The Emblem Collector and The Emblem Challenger.

1. The Emblem Collector

Players who managed to collect at least 1 Emblem will automatically participate in this event. The Prize from The Emblem Collector is 1 unit Mobilio RS CVT, 1 unit Yamaha Mio M3 125, 2 LG G6, 10 Action Camera, and 15 Spinner Fidget.

2. The Emblem Challenger

Requirements to follow The Emblem Challanger, players only need to play the Game Player Capsa Arrange as much as one round each day during the event. The prizes provided are Indomaret voucher @ Rp 150.000 (2 persons), Indomaret voucher @ Rp 100.000 (3 persons), and Rp @ 50,000 (5 person) per day
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    07-07-17 01:31 PM
113,256 ... 41064107410841094110 ...