View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm with you bbjdog. I think Chen is doing a fantastic job of saving/ transforming this company. I've been working for over 30 years and know that business growth is never linear. Time will tell as to how good Chen's strategy and execution is. I am not interested in seeing this company sold for a short term gain. That is not why I invest in this company. As a Waterloo grad and a proud Canadian, I want this company to succeed for the long haul. I want it to continue to invest in R&D and to continue to be an incubator for the next generation Canadian tech start ups. That is what our country needs to stay relevant on the world stage.
    As a long time reader but infrequent poster, I thought it was time to share my thoughts. We have a good thing going here and I believe the best is yet to come. Thank you to you, to Corbu, to Morgan,and to all of the regular posters for your fantastic efforts at sharing information on the company we love to follow. Let's wait to see how the 2nd half of this fiscal year plays out. I believe our CEO has a few surprises (positive) for us. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Hey hey, another Waterloser. Another lurker, and I agree with your post. Cheers, happy (early) Canada Day all!
    Corbu, La Emperor and morganplus8 like this.
    06-29-17 08:13 PM
    Corbu, when was the last time I Thanked you, for your hard work on this thread??

It wont be this time! LOL
    Corbu, La Emperor, Greened and 2 others like this.
    06-29-17 08:26 PM
    Thanks guys and Happy Canada Day to you and the rest of the gang on this thread wherever you live. I'm going back to 'mute' mode, but before I do, I again want to thank all of the people on this thread for your opinions and thoughtful posts. You have no idea how much this thread has helped me through some tough times and I just want to say I appreciate your efforts. Cheers and take care.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 01:14 AM
    Here is a lighter subject on Security for weekend reading, but never forget that ease of access is also frequently easier access for the bad guys:
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rnet-of-things
    “The internet of things has been explosive. We are being tracked all the time. If you don’t know that, you’re crazy.”
    Man suspected in wife's murder after her Fitbit data doesn't match his alibi. Plenty more will surely follow because the connected devices we use for convenience, entertainment and health can also contradict our alibis and expose our lies.
    Smart cars, fridges, doorbells, watches, phones, Fitbits, sneakers, televisions, gaming consoles, coffee makers, pacemakers – a fast proliferating list – all can monitor, record and be used as evidence. “I think everyone realises – good guys, bad guys, cops, robbers – that everything is being videotaped or tracked somehow,”
    “Is it more difficult to commit a murder? I’d imagine yes. We do a lot of homicide cases where people leave a lot of information – researching how to get rid of a body, or googling poison,” said Kleinick. You could do your research on a library computer, he said, but it won’t do much good. “They track it too.” Vehicle navigation devices can also act as silent witnesses, recording turns, pauses and stops."

Happy Canada Day.
    Corbu, W Hoa, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    06-30-17 07:38 AM
    From 2 days ago:
    http://www.obj.ca/article/wind-river...e-battleground
    Wind River and BlackBerry QNX turn Ottawa into automotive battleground
    Open-source solutions gain ground on industry leader

06-30-17 08:11 AM
    Enough of this JC bashing! When the stock is green everyone are as happy as pigs in ****. JC has shut the traps of certain people, don't let it be you. This is my BlackBerry and it includes John Chen!

Cheers to the die hards of Blackberry! !!!!!
    ... if this was to include my last post, let me say that there are very few here as strapped to the grill of the BlackBerry bandwagon as I am.
    First, I have held a lot of stock since 2013. When others' were profiting from swings trades, I held firm, for no other reason than the point. Some say that is foolish, and I agree. I also have a war chest full of every device since BBOS, and to this day, stand almost alone in sporting a bb10 phone.

We need only to look at the past 6 ER's to make the fair assumption that Chen's strength does not lie in open speaking. He is a hands-on, hi IQ business man who should stay in that realm. I would say in My Humble Opinion, but too many here have respectfully stated the same over the years.

Now, I only leave you to put back on my bling'd-out Chen pom-poms!

Still holdin'.
    Corbu, alludba, kadakn01 and 5 others like this.
    06-30-17 01:57 PM
    Several interesting points not sufficiently emphasized recently:

Why BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Stock Isn’t In As Much Trouble as You Think - Nasdaq.com
    06-30-17 06:29 PM
    Just a thought here: BlackBerry within the Technology Solutions segment should push harder into developing, partnering, acquiring a traffic signal controller. This would present a tremendous advantage and synergy with their QNX auto and Radar ambitions to have the V2I seamlessly integrate.

I work in the traffic industry and can tell you that there is no clear cut winner in terms of controller technology right now. This is an industry ripe for disruption, and with the solid security and robustness of QNX/BB authorities would flock to this traffic controller. BlackBerry can own this vertical which would speed up the adoption of all complimentary products.

Edit: I found that they are working with swarco. This could be a product opportunity to use the "BB Security inside" marketing angle.
    06-30-17 07:32 PM
    06-30-17 09:42 PM
    07-01-17 04:06 AM
    07-01-17 07:09 AM
    And Happy Birthday to John Chen as well, btw...
    07-01-17 07:12 AM
    Happy CANADA day to you too Corbu.
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    07-01-17 08:54 AM
    Thanks mate. Same to you and to everyone else on this thread!

Curious to see where we'll be on July 1, 2018...

JC's 5 year contract will be up in a few months, then.
    07-01-17 01:13 PM

JC should get a minimum 3 year extansion . JC , you and I will be one year older and CANADA will be 151 years old. Lol

Currently the EPS estimates have been revised downward, a hickup in Blackberry s history. Next quarter should be better and let's get back on track.

There's no one on this planet I would share a cold one but JC and some members of this thread. You know who you are.

Cheers and all the best.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 07-01-17 at 04:57 PM.
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    07-01-17 03:31 PM
    I'm happy to see EPS estimates going down. The market got a little too ambitious for the last ER and left us where we are today.

As exciting as the run up was, we had to know it was a little too much, too fast. Let's look forward to a series of EPS and revenue beats over the next couple of years as we continue our journey back to industry leaders. Mobile devices was fun, but we have a bigger connected world to be excited about.
    07-01-17 09:10 PM

I'm not going to miss the guy, in one year's time, we'll probably be at $ 39.00/shr and he'll come along with another one of those lame ER's and we'll plunge to $ 37.00/shr. Same old stuff him.

The article posted by Rarsen re: BB on that SA site actually explained the ER well, Chen should hire that person to do their PR work for each ER. Nice reading there.

We had a manufactured, Walmart price on the stock of $ 9.99/shr but that is still not too bad so this week is a new week for us to climb back into the $ 10.00's. We had an "'up week" last week and will likely finish out this week higher too. As for TD Bank, they aren't buying anywhere near the number of shares that BlackBerry is allowed to buy so I would think nothing is happening with the share buyback so far. They averaged 200,000 shares per day from Tuesday on.

As for the weekend, I was out on our very choppy lake with a number of young women on jet skis all day and I can barely move today. It was rough out there in high waves but still plenty of fun, what a challenging life I lead. Don't feel sorry for me gang ........................

Hope everyone took time off to be with their families and have some fun this past weekend! Now let's get back to work here.
    07-03-17 07:35 AM
    Hi Morgan,

Nice to note you are getting healthier and of course doing increased exercises with young women is wonderful for medicinal purposes. You mentioned my reference to SA, did you mean the Nasdaq article?

And with reference to the Canadian flag on this extended weekend, wishing that our shares are on the up and up:
    07-03-17 09:43 AM
    Hi Morgan,

Nice to note you are getting healthier and of course doing increased exercises with young women is wonderful for medicinal purposes. You mentioned my reference to SA, did you mean the Nasdaq article?

And with reference to the Canadian flag on this extended weekend, wishing that our shares are on the up and up:
    I swear on Shania's great talents that I made a mistake there, it was your NASDAQ article. A well written article and something that would have worked as the news release for our latest ER.

That was my best weekend in many years, we had a great time out on the lake and at the dock. There is a gorgeous Asian girl down from us who kept paddling by on her stand up surf board all day, that bikini wasn't legal in most States either. Of course there are no pictures as I can't afford a divorce right now! Let's get BBRY back over $ 11.00/shr so that "maybe" I could post something to this secret board.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    07-03-17 10:05 AM
    Man... I was already wishing for $11.00/shr but now, Morgan, I think I'll go out and buy myself the required number of shares needed to make it happen!
    07-03-17 10:22 AM
    Man... I was already wishing for $11.00/shr but now, Morgan, I think I'll go out and buy myself the required number of shares needed to make it happen!
    Ha! Ha! Ha! I can tell you it was frustrating, I had no one to talk to about her. I couldn't tell if she was Asian or Hawaiian at first, she was hot though. I have a dock full of young women but I couldn't even chance bringing up that topic and my brother-in-law was MIA due to an over gargled meal the night prior. It isn't easy living in an all female world but I got through it.

Now if BBRY could go up a couple of dollars higher, we could add another 100 feet to the dock and I can see her better down there .......................... of course we would buy the neighbours property closer to her and build that dock, that's got me thinking now. GL
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    07-03-17 11:00 AM
    You really just have a larger audience now. Here is the current list of holdings for the Baker Brothers (they are the royalty of biotech):

Stock Portfolio: - BAKER BROS. ADVISORS LP

They sniff out the next great investment and ride it for as long as there is a great pipeline. If they like your play, they will buy it and support it for years.

Back to the Russell listing, the stock will move on news, news trumps everything but in the meantime, there is posturing going on. Some investors have to sell for various reasons, even when the price is silly low. Then, others simply buy all that they need regardless of price to hold the position now. Then there are buyers like me, I own lots of this one and want more but I don't have to chase it as more shares won't move the needle so to speak. Stocks without a product to sell are risky, you have to be very patient and often look away from it at times. But if you know a little bit about how the whole cycle of the trade works, you know that there are warrants sitting well above today's price, those warrants are how the company receives its cash. Those warrants will be exercised one day. That's one example of how you decide if this one is the right one for you.

I can say that our family made all of our money on this type of investment. We started with Systems Xcellence Inc and grew from there. It took years of being patient and ignoring the price of the stock before things exploded. This company processed PBM prescriptions for healthcare and they were the best at it and eventually ruled the world. They connected all drugs prescriptions to a central database so that you could travel the world and any Doctor could review, renew your prescription. Today that sounds like a no brainer but back then (2004) it was brilliant.

Following the Baker Brothers has been the thing to do during this last bull market in biotech.

Because SPHS have better exposure now, you will see times like this week when someone steps in and buys the stock for no apparent reason. When they stop buying it will drift back but there is always someone out there with fresh eyes looking at it for the first time too.

I see BBRY is below its 50-dma so I stop looking at it and go back to getting some chores done around here. John Chen knocked the stuffing out of a great rally and now we need to forget the ER and wait to hear of some legal settlement or contract to repair that damage. GL
    Do you think that Baker Bros will start buying SPHS? Is that why you mentioned them here? (As far as I can tell from the link, they're not investors as of yet. (?) )

The plan for now is to reallocate everything that I'm selling into SPHS, or to split it between SPHS and NATTO.OL. it seems the two companies are in similar positions.
    morganplus8 and alludba like this.
    07-03-17 11:02 AM
    Do you think that Baker Bros will start buying SPHS? Is that why you mentioned them here? (As far as I can tell from the link, they're not investors as of yet. (?) )

The plan for now is to reallocate everything that I'm selling into SPHS, or to split it between SPHS and NATTO.OL. it seems the two companies are in similar positions.
    Do be careful with rolling everything into one stock. This one is a single drug prospect/developer right now and they still have some hurdles in front of them including this next study. Make sure you are able to recover if something goes wrong here, don't assume they will fill the correct dosage on this study alone. I guess I'm trying to say that it is speculative enough to either own more than one off-setting investment or to expect to "hope for the best and plan for the worst". GL

Sorry, missed the BB comment. They don't own it now, if you are shopping for a biotech investment look to their holdings for that, and, if they buy this one, it will do very well as they support their investments. They are brilliant at picking biotech stories.
    07-03-17 11:55 AM

Well for starters, this thread will be renamed to 'The Cult of the Flying B's', we'll be sporting fresh CrackBerry logo'd tinfoil hats.

Oh, and let's not forget; the maple leaf will be replaced with the cannabis leaf. Also probable that the new CDN anthem will be rewritten and performed by the likes of Ziggy Marley.
    sidhuk, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    07-03-17 01:13 PM
    Do be careful with rolling everything into one stock. This one is a single drug prospect/developer right now and they still have some hurdles in front of them including this next study. Make sure you are able to recover if something goes wrong here, don't assume they will fill the correct dosage on this study alone. I guess I'm trying to say that it is speculative enough to either own more than one off-setting investment or to expect to "hope for the best and plan for the worst". GL
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I have diversified somewhat, and the current mix is tech + pharma + biometrics (arguably tech) + hydrogen + insurance. I don't plan to sell of everything, just three companies that either I don't own enough of for it matter much or the upside is more limited. (If you're curious the three companies are thin.ol, kog.ol & bgbio.ol. A little unsure about unloading that last one.). I've spread the $ amount a bit too thin across my portfolio, so that's why I'm trying to fix, whilst trying to protect the downside. Either way, I probably won't be your next door neighbor anytime soon.

BBRY is my biggest holding now, but SPHS might pass it if I go down that road. As of now, SPHS is my third biggest holding.

If the historic SP of SPHS is anything to go by (which it probably isn't), it looks like the "the range" is 0.25x to 20x for the current SP. I don't know what you are modeling, but of the two I'd prefer 20x.
    morganplus8 and alludba like this.
    07-03-17 02:03 PM
113,256 ... 41044105410641074108 ...