Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    From ST:
    TD reiterates Buy Rating on BBRY & ups TP from US$10.00 to US$11.50

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-original_87051446-.jpg
    JLagoon, W Hoa, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    06-26-17 08:41 AM
    BlackBerry is clearly no AAPL, we are right back inside the Bollinger Bands as one would expect to see. Let's stay above $ 10.00 today until we see signs of TD Bank buying 344,000 shares of this one tomorrow; and retiring them. Imagine what would have happened if they beat on revenue ................... GL

Nice to see analysts taking the long view and supporting the CEO.
    W Hoa, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 9 others like this.
    06-26-17 08:58 AM
    It is clearly obvious that a number of analysts use this thread as a source of information.

No doubt, after having considered the wealth of information provided by those of us who visit here, many of those analysts have seen the error of their ways.

Cheers to all those who post and contribute here. Keeping it sane, one day at a time
    06-26-17 09:05 AM
    From ST:
    Scotia reiterates Sector Outperform Rating on BBRY & ups TP from US$10 to US$11

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-original_87055107-.jpg
    06-26-17 09:05 AM
    hm quite a few upgrades/raises in price target.

Have we seen any downgrades yet?
    La Emperor and alludba like this.
    06-26-17 09:23 AM
    On a more conservative, yet positive, take Deutsche Bank today lifted its price target to $7.50 from $7
    06-26-17 09:24 AM
    On a more conservative, yet positive, take Deutsche Bank today lifted its price target to $7.50 from $7
    Ha! A couple of more IP deals and we'll have that much in cash!

The bottom end of the BB's is $ 9.96/shr which we tested and held nicely. Looking much better today. I still want us above $ 10.00 at the close of trade.

And now we wait for Corbu to return .......................
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, W Hoa and 8 others like this.
    06-26-17 09:32 AM
    From BNN:
    McCreath: BlackBerry's Chen knows what he's doing
    http://www.bnn.ca/video/~1153284

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    06-26-17 09:42 AM
    Still holding some cash from Thursday sale, honestly wouldn't be surprised if we dip below 9.6 again. If not I will wait till we return to pre ER levels before repurchasing. Good to see the upgrades though.
    06-26-17 09:43 AM
    Since I'm pinned to my office chair for 23 1/2 hours while my cat sleeps, I thought I would post my daily 3-minute chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-26-2017.png

What I try to do is look at the first hour of trade and than draw my lines for the rest of the day. Here we have already formed a nice trading range that suggests we could breakout this afternoon. By 2:00 PM we could be moving to new highs for the day. The top line is Friday's high plus today's high and the bottom line is obvious. Should be interesting to see if we are following this pattern. The bids have been strong all morning so far, taking up the stock. A thought occurred to me that TD Bank could buy up stock today and sell it to BlackBerry as a block trade thus speeding up the 31 MM share buyback process and killing a few shorts along the way. I like this plan. I'll look at my lines over lunch and tweak them as necessary. The top line is fixed but the bottom line might be off.
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    06-26-17 09:51 AM
    Thanks guys, so much learned here ...

Adding some estimates (FWIW) Nasdaq community rating 1 yr. Target
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    morganplus8, W Hoa, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    06-26-17 10:16 AM
    Since I'm pinned to my office chair for 23 1/2 hours while my cat sleeps, I thought I would post my daily 3-minute chart:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY June 26 2017.png 
Views:	278 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	425986

What I try to do is look at the first hour of trade and than draw my lines for the rest of the day. Here we have already formed a nice trading range that suggests we could breakout this afternoon. By 2:00 PM we could be moving to new highs for the day. The top line is Friday's high plus today's high and the bottom line is obvious. Should be interesting to see if we are following this pattern. The bids have been strong all morning so far, taking up the stock. A thought occurred to me that TD Bank could buy up stock today and sell it to BlackBerry as a block trade thus speeding up the 31 MM share buyback process and killing a few shorts along the way. I like this plan. I'll look at my lines over lunch and tweak them as necessary. The top line is fixed but the bottom line might be off.
    Morgan, your TA skills are impeccable!
    06-26-17 01:25 PM
    A thought occurred to me that TD Bank could buy up stock today and sell it to BlackBerry as a block trade thus speeding up the 31 MM share buyback process and killing a few shorts along the way.
    Have they said how big the blocks can be?

If they're going through with the share repurchase program, I'd really want for them to buy everything as quickly as possible.
    06-26-17 01:28 PM
    [B]

The second point is, shouldn't they invest the funds now and grow the business rather then be seen acting like Wall Street Brokers who guess at what the future will hold.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

What does buybacks is insignificant when you have a colony of shorts outside.

I prefer giving a new spring of revenue for the future with that money than some cents on a short term chart...
    morganplus8, W Hoa, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    06-26-17 01:57 PM
    Have they said how big the blocks can be?

If they're going through with the share repurchase program, I'd really want for them to buy everything as quickly as possible.
    They can buy retail at the rate of 344,700 shares per day only on the TSX but we don't have a definition of what a block is. We'll have to do some research. There would be nothing better than to hear they purchased a 2 MM share block off of TD Bank tomorrow.

Nice rally, we are setting up for a run to $ 10.45/shr tomorrow. Let's close at $ 10.27/shr today and gap up tomorrow.
    06-26-17 02:20 PM
    I'll post my chart early so you can see how we popped before 2:00 PM and how well we are doing there-after:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-26b-2017.png

An easy close is $ 10.27/shr but we may well close at new highs here. We have two uptrend lines but rarely touch the lower one. The trade in BBRY is so predictable now that us TA guys look better than we are. For years you couldn't setup trading like this, today it is close to 100%.
    06-26-17 02:25 PM
    That's exactly what I'm thinking.

What does buybacks is insignificant when you have a colony of shorts outside.

I prefer giving a new spring of revenue for the future with that money than some cents on a short term chart...
    I guess there's something to be said about focus and not spreading yourself too thin to.

If JC + the board are under the clear impression that most of the building blocks (sans distribution + something AI/cloud cryptography related) are in place and we're set for a rapid increase in revenue with the current or near future offering, then a share repurchase program might be the best option to increase shareholder value.

(Especially if the companies they want to procure are trading at a significant premium, and JC expect that premium to decrease in the not to distant future.)

But then they better buy some shares..
    06-26-17 02:34 PM
    They can buy retail at the rate of 344,700 shares per day only on the TSX but we don't have a definition of what a block is. We'll have to do some research. There would be nothing better than to hear they purchased a 2 MM share block off of TD Bank tomorrow.

Nice rally, we are setting up for a run to $ 10.45/shr tomorrow. Let's close at $ 10.27/shr today and gap up tomorrow.
    Thanks M8.

It looks like the volume today is roughly 18 million. Unless the stock craters tomorrow or if it lands the company it hot water, it would be a very strong message if they bought a full 1/3 of the 31 million shares today or over the next few days.
    La Emperor likes this.
    06-26-17 02:42 PM
    Thanks M8.

It looks like the volume today is roughly 18 million. Unless the stock craters tomorrow or if it lands the company it hot water, it would be a very strong message if they bought a full 1/3 of the 31 million shares today or over the next few days.
    You have to look at only TSX volume, not other exchanges here. If you back out day trading, you would be lucky to capture 2 MM shares for BlackBerry. That's how I arrived at that number, it would crush the shorts to see BB get a hold of those shares when they need 60 MM to get out of this trade.

Nice close, as expected, we poured it on, popped to new highs and settled in for a strong close. Sets us up for better things tomorrow. Where is that Corbu .............................. ??

Nice day.
    06-26-17 03:07 PM
    No, they can't start buying until tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor likes this.
    06-26-17 03:07 PM
    No, they can't start buying until tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    TD Bank is the principal broker and they have been active all day. They can sell a block to BlackBerry tomorrow so it is definitely possible for TD to book shares today. Tomorrow should be very interesting as we closed strong today and there is a nice gap to $ 10.45/shr.
    06-26-17 03:22 PM
    Potential for Radar and Radar Lite.
    If you look into semi trailer manufactures in the US that make dry freight and refrigerated vans and pick two of them. Wabash expects to sell 52,000 to 56,000 this year and Great Dane is significantly larger (they have 150,000 of their trailers on the road everyday). If the trailer sells for over $25,000 it would seem reasonable to offer a $300-$400 option that either they monitor and feed into their 24x7 roadside assistance program or their customers monitor as part of their fleet management.
    I don't think I would target a limited sales staff at the trucking firms. The OEMS want the ongoing service revenue. If you look up IOT and OEM you get the picture.
    Just sayin...

Edit: add in Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company that looks like they make around 70,000 units a year...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DREXcb; 06-26-17 at 04:58 PM.
    06-26-17 04:27 PM
    It's always fun to speculate about who is buying BB.TO but it is far more productive to hear who is actually buying the stock today. Of the 7.9 MM shares traded, fully 1/3 of them were Anonymous purchases by a high profile broker who wishes not to be identified. As for our TD Bank, they did 450,000 share purchases which is about inline for a BlackBerry redemption day. Tomorrow is the day when things become a bit more interesting as we left the shorts hanging today, not knowing what hit them so to speak. I do wonder who Anonymous is and why they needed so many shares. I'll look at the US later.
    06-26-17 05:58 PM
    I feel like I saw this here earlier, but it was a surprisingly informational video about where QNX currently is (current being this year's CES)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=O8HWwlzqbj4

Some points I thought were interesting:
    - they're running QNX off auto-grade equipment not "a PC in the trunk"
    - QNX has been involved in autonomous drive since 1997
    - The current trend is consolidating PCUs from 100+ to 10+ and it appears hypervisor is what
    makes this possible
    06-26-17 08:01 PM
    Speaking of QNX:
    06-26-17 08:22 PM
113,256 ... 41014102410341044105 ...