View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    thanks morgan , so glad we are blasting through that ROOF !!
    We took out the morning high and now we are above the Bollinger Band neutral mark of zero SD. This means we are sure to run to $ 11.00/shr which tells you who is in control of this trade. Nice so far. Lots of resistance at $ 11.00/shr..
    06-22-17 10:56 AM
    We took out the morning high and now we are above the Bollinger Band neutral mark of zero SD. This means we are sure to run to $ 11.00/shr which tells you who is in control of this trade. Nice so far. Lots of resistance at $ 11.00/shr..
    Hi Morgan! Are you locking in some profits, or are you still holding a record amount of shares? Take care & good luck (to us) tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    06-22-17 11:23 AM
    Hi Morgan! Are you locking in some profits, or are you still holding a record amount of shares? Take care & good luck (to us) tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    Ha! I added 10,000 more on Friday at $ 10.46/shr and nothing is for sale. It's a new record amount and unless those numbers are terrible, I'll hold onto the whole thing as I really think that John Chen has this one under control. Today we are showing great strength, anything above $ 11.00/shr is a big win. It could be humbling tomorrow if the numbers aren't good but I'm going for a longer term trade so my getting "out number" is in the $ 12.00's or higher depending on the news tomorrow. This has been fun to watch, can't wait to see what they can do to that area around $ 11.08 - $ 11.13/shr today!
    06-22-17 11:29 AM
    Ha! I added 10,000 more on Friday at $ 10.46/shr and nothing is for sale. It's a new record amount and unless those numbers are terrible, I'll hold onto the whole thing as I really think that John Chen has this one under control. Today we are showing great strength, anything above $ 11.00/shr is a big win. It could be humbling tomorrow if the numbers aren't good but I'm going for a longer term trade so my getting "out number" is in the $ 12.00's or higher depending on the news tomorrow. This has been fun to watch, can't wait to see what they can do to that area around $ 11.08 - $ 11.13/shr today!
    Thanks for the info Morgan! I hope they finally announce another QNX partnership, similar to the Ford deal. And perhaps revenue from OTA updates worth mentioning..?!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 11:41 AM
    BBRY stock price action is looking great today, gang. I'm locked and loaded with my $11 June 30 options (purchased on June 14th) going into tomorrow's ER on top of my long term holdings which aren't for sale for less than $15/share. It's tempting to unload a few option contracts today since the premiums are way up there, but it looks like the street is expecting a beat tomorrow...and so am I! Tough call but I'm betting on Chen! GL to the Gang!
    06-22-17 11:46 AM
    Okay, here is my last chart below $ 12.00/shr:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-22b-2017.png

You can see our high for the day, another attempt to go after it again ... and we failed, after double bottoming out, we are about to take out that downtrend line at $ 11.04/shr and set ourselves up for an interesting close. Tomorrow you will be able to cover your short positions above $ 12.00/shr ... how much above, who knows! (Okay, maybe that's going to jinx us all real good now.) GL
    W Hoa, Corbu, La Emperor and 10 others like this.
    06-22-17 02:17 PM
    OT: Biotech

Looks like IBB is making the breakout I was hoping for. I'm hoping it can be sustained.

HALO is going along for the ride too. I believe they are anticipating an FDA decision on Monday, 6/26, which could be the catalyst for the recent run up. I'm assuming there will be further upside upon approval. GL to anyone here who is going along for this ride with me.

Halozyme Therapeutics - FDA Advisory Committee Provides Unanimous Recommendation For Subcutaneous Rituximab Coformulated With Halozyme Enhanze Technology

Attachment 425566
    Halozyme Therapeutics - FDA Approves Genentech's RITUXAN HYCELA, A Subcutaneous Rituximab Coformulated With Halozyme ENHANZE Technology
    06-22-17 02:42 PM
    I have never seen this much excitement in Blackberry for a long time. Morgan, love your commitment on John Chen and the BlackBerry team! Like you said Morgan, it's a long term play.

Good luck gang and all the best!
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    06-22-17 06:37 PM
    Good luck tomorrow everyone!
    06-22-17 08:38 PM
    For tomorrow morning:

BlackBerry to Announce First Quarter Fiscal 2018 Results on Friday, June 23, 2017

Waterloo, Ontario – June 9, 2017 – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) will be reporting results for the first quarter of fiscal 2018 on June 23, 2017. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 a.m. ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-844-309-0607 or by logging on at http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html.

A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 11 a.m. ET by dialing 1-855-859-2056 or 1-404-537-3406 and entering Conference ID #23915085 or by clicking the link above.
    GL!
    kadakn01, Superfly_FR and alludba like this.
    06-22-17 09:13 PM
    One hour! Good luck everyone!
    06-23-17 04:58 AM
    Q1 non-GAAP EPS of $0.02 vs. $0.00 a year ago; GAAP EPS of $1.23 vs. ($1.28) loss a year ago
    Waterloo, Ontario - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global software leader in securing,
    connecting and mobilizing enterprises, today reported financial results for the three months ended May 31, 2017 (all
    figures in U.S. dollars and U.S. GAAP, except where otherwise indicated).
    Q1 Highlights
    • Q1 non-GAAP total revenue of $244 million; GAAP total revenue of $235 million
    • Q1 non-GAAP Company total software and services revenues of $169 million; GAAP Company total
    software and services revenues of $160 million
    • Q1 non-GAAP gross margin of 67%; GAAP gross margin of 64%
    • Total cash balance increased to $2.6 billion at the end of the fiscal first quarter
    • Awarded $940 million from the positive outcome of the Qualcomm arbitration
    • Launched AtHoc ACCOUNT, a new FedRAMP-authorized solution that enables government agencies and
    large organizations to account for personnel in real time; BlackBerry AtHoc is the only platform to achieve
    FedRAMP authorization for crisis communications
    • TCL initiated shipments of the BlackBerry KEYone, as part of the Company’s licensing program
    • BB Merah Putih initiated shipments of the BlackBerry Aurora, as part of the Company’s licensing program
    • Launched BlackBerry SHIELD, an assessment tool for cybersecurity risk management; partnered with
    Allied World to make the tool available to its cyber insurance policyholders
    • After the quarter, launched QNX Hypervisor 2.0, which enables the partitioning and isolation of safety critical
    environments in connected cars
    • After the quarter, announced that Qualcomm is adopting QNX Hypervisor 2.0 in support of its digital cockpit
    solutions
    • After the quarter, BlackBerry named a “Leader” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility
    Management Suites
    • After the quarter, announced the general availability of BBM Enterprise SDK to address the Communications
    Platform as a Service (CPaaS) market; more than 60 ISVs are using the tool to develop mobile apps for iOS
    and Android
    alludba and andyk350 like this.
    06-23-17 05:47 AM
    A bit of a shakedown this morning on pretty low volume if I'm not wrong...

Nice to see the share buyback announcement in there. EPS beat but going to need an explanation for the revs.
    06-23-17 06:16 AM
    Hello looks like about to start. Shows LIVE but only music background.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 06:20 AM
    Wow looking at the numbers Qualcomm saved the quarter! Now that's an SOC!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 06:37 AM
    Not happy with Software & Services revenue... YoY from a GAAP standpoint they hit their 12,7% growth target... but we're still well below the 200 million mark. I guess Q3/Q4 is when we should hope to see improvements in revenue if they still expect to do +/- 790 million USD in Software & Services by then. They better, because Handheld devices and SAF will be at or near zero by then.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 06:44 AM
    FedEx for radar? but sounds like a specific segment of their business. the 'critical' business or something similar
    06-23-17 07:13 AM
    FedEx for radar? but sounds like a specific segment of their business. the 'critical' business or something similar
    Could be wrong but I think he referred to FedEx Custom Critical® Solutions:
    Expedited Freight Shipping, Air Freight Solutions with FedEx Custom Critical
    06-23-17 07:25 AM
    so if they are doing a share buyback, which is great in my opinion, it would be in their best interest to keep the share price lower for however long it takes to buy back their shares right?

so is it possible they deferred some revenue on this quarter to next quarter to keep the sp low?

afterall, we all want to buy as low as possible and they have 31,000,000 shares they are looking to buy

just a thought.
    andyk350 likes this.
    06-23-17 07:30 AM
    Could be wrong but I think he referred to [FONT="]FedEx Custom Critical[/FONT]®[FONT="] Solutions:[/FONT]
    Expedited Freight Shipping, Air Freight Solutions with FedEx Custom Critical
    Yes! that's the one.

Custom Critical Fact Sheet - About FedEx

Here says, 1,250 'motorized vehicles', and 800 shipments per day.
    Corbu, alludba and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-23-17 07:40 AM
    so if they are doing a share buyback, which is great in my opinion, it would be in their best interest to keep the share price lower for however long it takes to buy back their shares right?

so is it possible they deferred some revenue on this quarter to next quarter to keep the sp low?

afterall, we all want to buy as low as possible and they have 31,000,000 shares they are looking to buy

just a thought.
    I don't think the company would plot anything like that in a heavily regulated market. The explanation is there, services didn't follow through from Q4 and no one mentioned this well known information inside BlackBerry throughout this past quarter. John Chen is giving a pass on this point but it appears that the shorts are running with that bit of misinformation. We are going to see the largest hit the shorts can make on top of a great rally yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that the run up was staged for the trading we'll see today. In the end, it isn't as much about revenue as it is about profit but it is also clear that the metric for holding this stock back is declining revenues and Chen needs to address that much more strongly then he has in the past. The share buyback is one of the better ones as he implied that this one year process is part of a three year program to wipe out the bond issue and leave Prem Watsa protected. So for the first time, we will see them purchase shares with an amount that matches the actual approved amount. It also makes sense that this will occur in the first two quarters before the back end revenues start to be recorded. That was one complex report, it will take time to digest all of the data here. Today, it is the shorts day to unwind some positions as the market system is setup to reward both sides of the trade. I still believe the company has a fair value at $ 10.50/shr so I'm not worried here, its just that we hope one day to crush the shorts and today isn't that day. I'm looking forward to hearing what Chen has to say throughout the rest of the day. Peace out!
    rarsen, Corbu, alludba and 5 others like this.
    06-23-17 08:27 AM
    maaan this is not looking good....
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-23-17 08:29 AM
    I don't think the company would plot anything like that in a heavily regulated market. The explanation is there, services didn't follow through from Q4 and no one mentioned this well known information inside BlackBerry throughout this past quarter. John Chen is giving a pass on this point but it appears that the shorts are running with that bit of misinformation. We are going to see the largest hit the shorts can make on top of a great rally yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that the run up was staged for the trading we'll see today. In the end, it isn't as much about revenue as it is about profit but it is also clear that the metric for holding this stock back is declining revenues and Chen needs to address that much more strongly then he has in the past. The share buyback is one of the better ones as he implied that this one year process is part of a three year program to wipe out the bond issue and leave Prem Watsa protected. So for the first time, we will see them purchase shares with an amount that matches the actual approved amount. It also makes sense that this will occur in the first two quarters before the back end revenues start to be recorded. That was one complex report, it will take time to digest all of the data here. Today, it is the shorts day to unwind some positions as the market system is setup to reward both sides of the trade. I still believe the company has a fair value at $ 10.50/shr so I'm not worried here, its just that we hope one day to crush the shorts and today isn't that day. I'm looking forward to hearing what Chen has to say throughout the rest of the day. Peace out!
    Thanks for your insights Morgan,
    That all makes perfect sense

I guess I'm always thinking a little too outside the box

I too can't wait for the day that the shorts will finally get squeezed

Thanks again
    06-23-17 08:39 AM
    Maybe as Morgan said yesterday it is one quarter too soon to see big revenue jump. Here is my thoughts, we should not expect EMM or UEM revenue to jump significantly because it has been commoditized. We are investing here it is because of the technologies for the future which is EoT and licensing and which will see real growth in the coming year and beyond.
    morganplus8, Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    06-23-17 08:43 AM
    Bought back half of what I sold yesterday. Waiting to buy rest when it finds a bottom. I've said it before, I love the company, hate the stock.
    06-23-17 08:49 AM
113,250 ... 40964097409840994100 ...