View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    06-21-17 02:11 PM
    So I'm back from running around, I see that Rarsen saved me with a reference, thanks for that! You are crazy until you provide that reference.

The stock is having a fine day, here is my chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-21a-2017.png

We dipped at lunchtime and sat below support for 2 solid hours. Then, volume turned around and buyers came back and now we are right back inside an uptrend channel. Today was a nothing day, as long as everyone likes our leader (he got 96% of the vote) the stock couldn't crater on that news. Tomorrow is a different day as there is only 6 1/2 hours of trading to figure out what side of the trade you had better be on. So tomorrow we'll see some volume and price action. Now Chen has this habit of announcing contracts and deals to go with his ER so we will have plenty to digest. Are we a quarter too soon for well defined growth in some sector or are we about to blow things out of the water? I don't know!

I would guess that we will handily beat $ 264 MM and zero income. Even if we don't it will come down to what Chen says during Q&A.

The hard value of BlackBerry must be $ 7.00/shr and $ 940 MM bucks, our average go forward target price is $ 10.00/shr, we live above all of this now. So there is some risk here. I think the stock is worth $ 10.50/shr today and if they so much as beat on top of a beat last quarter, then you have to treat this play more like a tech company and less like a disposable diaper company. Best of luck to all and let's see how we close today, not that it matters, I just like to see a bid to ask ratio of 2:1 or better.
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    06-21-17 02:38 PM
    https://www.benzinga.com/pressreleas...ard-of-directo

I think Timothy Dattels should show up for board meetings more often

Although, he did seem to be the man behind BlackBerry's rescue.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/rep...service=mobile

Posted via CB10
    Thanks dimi! I am sure many of us read this 2 or 3 years ago. It is good to read it again. Hopefully and fingers crossed, this Friday will be the day! And so many people like Tim we would appreciate.
    06-21-17 04:42 PM
    06-21-17 05:32 PM
    Thanks Corbu!! This video should be shown everywhere!
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    06-21-17 06:25 PM
    Well, a lot of the "good news" is baked into the price of the stock.
    I wish BlackBerry could actually have positive earnings and then be like Nvidia and trade at 50 P/E ratio

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor likes this.
    06-21-17 07:32 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-q1-f2018-estimates.jpg

Threw together a quick estimate for revenues on Friday. Can't see how we won't beat the street consensus of GAAP $264 million.

Please let me know if my math is off.
    06-21-17 09:24 PM
    Hardware is going to get wiped.... I'd say 15 to 20M rev
    06-21-17 11:08 PM
    Hardware is going to get wiped.... I'd say 15 to 20M rev
    I think BlackBerry was still selling phones until at least the end of the quarter. Radar and Aurora may also help contribute some revenues.

Worse case imo 50% drop -> 27.5 m revs
    06-22-17 02:49 AM
    Everybody's still on board
    BlackBerry announces election results for the company's Board of Directors

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-an...p8iqtPqf6Qc.97
    06-22-17 07:08 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q1 F2018 Estimates.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	425678

Threw together a quick estimate for revenues on Friday. Can't see how we won't beat the street consensus of GAAP $264 million.

Please let me know if my math is off.
    I've been wrong more often than right, but I think your pessimistic software number is still too optimistic. I think they'll be looking at 12-15% revenue growth from last years number in Q1 which was 166 million USD. So that's 186 million to 191 million USD. (non-GAAP)

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 07:21 AM
    GAAP won't beat due to convert adjustments, but hope that non GAAP will
    06-22-17 07:36 AM
    Hope it finally turns the story
    W Hoa and La Emperor like this.
    06-22-17 07:37 AM
    For those who missed the AGM:

06-22-17 07:39 AM
    It's worth remembering that BlackBerry sold data centers in Waterloo and Atlanta to Ascent for in excess of $100 million in the last quarter.

Ascent paid $74.5 million for 66 acres of land with a building containing 350,000 square feet of space on 17 Vondrau Dr.

Ascent also paid US$30 million for a BlackBerry data centre in Georgia. Both transactions closed Feb 24.
    06-22-17 07:41 AM
    Yeah that's true...and do they get to book the QCOM settlement in q1? If so maybe will be a beat on all fronts
    06-22-17 08:01 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has a history of making volatile post-earnings moves....This time around, the options market is pricing in a bigger 12.7% single-session swing, after the smartphone maker reports earnings Friday morning.

One of the more active strikes over this two-week time frame was BBRY's July 12 call, where 11,075 contracts traded. ... In other words, options traders expect BBRY shares to settle north of $12 at the close on Friday, July 21, when the options expire.

Should BBRY stock break out after another positive earnings reaction, there's plenty of room for analyst upgrades and/or a round of short-covering to help fuel the fire.
    Call Buyers Blast BlackBerry Stock Ahead of Earnings - Schaeffer's Investment Research
    06-22-17 08:02 AM
    Yeah that's true...and do they get to book the QCOM settlement in q1? If so maybe will be a beat on all fronts

Cash in hand on May 31 from QCOM. Last day of quarter.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY and La Emperor like this.
    06-22-17 08:06 AM
    It's worth remembering that BlackBerry sold data centers in Waterloo and Atlanta to Ascent for in excess of $100 million in the last quarter.

Ascent paid $74.5 million for 66 acres of land with a building containing 350,000 square feet of space on 17 Vondrau Dr.

Ascent also paid US$30 million for a BlackBerry data centre in Georgia. Both transactions closed Feb 24.
    Pretty sure 24 Feb was Q4 FY2017?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 08:17 AM
    Pretty sure 24 Feb was Q4 FY2017?

Posted via CB10

True...but were they in receipt of the funds during that quarter?
    morganplus8, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    06-22-17 08:24 AM
    True...but were they in receipt of the funds during that quarter?
    Yes, I would expect them to have received the funds on or before closing date. Usually closing and effective date of a transaction is the same day.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    06-22-17 08:30 AM
    So I updated my charts this morning to reflect yesterday's highs and lows. I simply moved the same lines out a bit to reflect the price action for the entire day:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-22-2017.png

We blew through the resistance line first thing this morning and blew through the support line right after that. I'm leaving my lines in place just the same as I expected volatility today of all days. I also expected a change of only 3 cents at the close. The upper line should be tested again and if we pop through that, you will get a feel for how important tomorrow will be.

As for all the comments related to the balance/income statement, all good points and it will wash out tomorrow with an explanation from BB. Can't wait to see those revenue/EPS numbers so I need to find something to get my mind off of BlackBerry today! Best of luck to all.
    Corbu, rarsen, W Hoa and 6 others like this.
    06-22-17 09:51 AM
    Thanks Morgan and Dimi for your comments.

Dimi: Good points, I agree that my estimates for revenues may be a bit on the optimistic side. However, I do expect at minimum some q/q growth as John stated S&S revenues are 70-80 percent recurring.

We'll all see by tomorrow. Best of luck to all!
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    06-22-17 10:11 AM
    Out half today, locking in profits just in case. GLTA
    laketrout73 likes this.
    06-22-17 10:44 AM
    So I updated my charts this morning to reflect yesterday's highs and lows. I simply moved the same lines out a bit to reflect the price action for the entire day:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY June 22 2017.png 
Views:	407 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	425714

We blew through the resistance line first thing this morning and blew through the support line right after that. I'm leaving my lines in place just the same as I expected volatility today of all days. I also expected a change of only 3 cents at the close. The upper line should be tested again and if we pop through that, you will get a feel for how important tomorrow will be.

As for all the comments related to the balance/income statement, all good points and it will wash out tomorrow with an explanation from BB. Can't wait to see those revenue/EPS numbers so I need to find something to get my mind off of BlackBerry today! Best of luck to all.
    thanks morgan , so glad we are blasting through that ROOF !!
    06-22-17 10:52 AM
113,256 ... 40954096409740984099 ...